As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bad Company 2: Bad is the new Good- New Patch notes in OP

• Options
    trevelliantrevellian Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Didn't spot my nick amongst the PC list, so if anyone wants to add it - "McGough". Euro zone.

Hats off to DICE for the new server browser - I can forgive the extra CTDs purely for that.

I didn't read all the patch notes but I guess someone wrote that the Type 88 was buffed as prior to the patch every medic I saw had an M60 - post patch every medic I have died to has been running with the Type 88.

*shrug*

The buff to the tracer dart gun was welcome, but I kind of feel it's a bit too fast now - before it was damn hard to land a tracer on a good heli pilot, now it's trivial. I guess it depends upon how quickly the smoke/flares reloads.

Didn't really get chance to get a feel for anything else as I was running on pubbie vs clan servers so spent most of time on the spawn screen.

Question for the snipers/recon our there - I am trying to get bronze stars on the weapon unlocks I have so far, but I can't hit shit with the SV98, I just can't use the ^ sight. Does the tip of the ^ equate to the cross point of the + sights? Because even at mid-range putting the tip of the ^on a persons head and firing doesn't get a hit marker for me...

trevellian on
    McGough_EA.png
  • Options
    DirtmuncherDirtmuncher Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    trevellian wrote: »
    Didn't spot my nick amongst the PC list, so if anyone wants to add it - "McGough". Euro zone.

Hats off to DICE for the new server browser - I can forgive the extra CTDs purely for that.

I didn't read all the patch notes but I guess someone wrote that the Type 88 was buffed as prior to the patch every medic I saw had an M60 - post patch every medic I have died to has been running with the Type 88.

*shrug*

The buff to the tracer dart gun was welcome, but I kind of feel it's a bit too fast now - before it was damn hard to land a tracer on a good heli pilot, now it's trivial. I guess it depends upon how quickly the smoke/flares reloads.

Didn't really get chance to get a feel for anything else as I was running on pubbie vs clan servers so spent most of time on the spawn screen.

Question for the snipers/recon our there - I am trying to get bronze stars on the weapon unlocks I have so far, but I can't hit shit with the SV98, I just can't use the ^ sight. Does the tip of the ^ equate to the cross point of the + sights? Because even at mid-range putting the tip of the ^on a persons head and firing doesn't get a hit marker for me...

Yeah noticed the same thing with the medics.
    In my opinion the medics have a far to effective weapon for a support class as it is.

Dirtmuncher on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    trevelliantrevellian Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    In my opinion the medics have a far to effective weapon for a support class as it is.

I know what you mean - the gun itself is not so much of an issue, but the gun + rezzing + heals make a powerful trio.

Personal skill has a big effect though, I have a feeling many/all of the guys running as medics would destroy me whatever kit they used - I'm too old and slow to keep up with many of these guys. I dread 4-man medic squads though, especially if they are clan squads.

Of course if I happen to be in a tank at the time they don't bother me so much....

trevellian on
    McGough_EA.png
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    tracer buff is kinda dumb
    trevellian wrote: »

*shrug*

look at the sideways lines

e: or grab the red dot+magnum and play arica conquest. Lots of places where you can mess people up coming around corners noscoping or with the red dot

L|ama on
  • Options
    YallYall Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Could I get "Yall" added to both the PC and 360 lists?

Also - I wasn't able to find "The angry dome" yesterday. I was looking around 17:30 EST and used different combinations of "dome", "angry", etc. I had all the filters disabled as well. Was it offline for a while?

Yall on
  • Options
    gigawatt666gigawatt666 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    What is skill level all aboot?

gigawatt666 on
    BattleNet i.d. : gigawatt666#11111
    Ps4 : Gigawatt666
    Steam I.D. : Gigawatt666
    LoL : GiG4W4TT
  • Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    my favorite part about this game was helicopters

:(

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So, I downloaded this patch the other day. Now I cannot join a game. Admittedly I used Quick Play and it was trying to put me into Rush, but I just crash to the dashboard of the 360. Makes me a sad panda and I have no idea why. Wasn't doing this before the patch.

ToyD on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    YontouryuYontouryu Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Did the knife hit detection get super wonky this patch or was it just the server I was playing on? Stood directly behind an unmoving enemy sniper, first two knife attacks did the slash across the screen (which I know kills), hitting him in the back, then 3rd attack did the stab which actually killed him.

Yontouryu on
    a3968.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    knife hit detection has always been super wonky to tell you the truth

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    YallYall Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Yontouryu wrote: »
    Did the knife hit detection get super wonky this patch or was it just the server I was playing on? Stood directly behind an unmoving enemy sniper, first two knife attacks did the slash across the screen (which I know kills), hitting him in the back, then 3rd attack did the stab which actually killed him.

I was wondering that myself. I noticed on the 360 version that it would sometimes take 2 or 3 whacks. At first I thought it might be a kit option to have increased health or something.

Yall on
  • Options
    TheAngryDealerTheAngryDealer Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I grabbed a Dr Pepper last night to try out the new skins for 360. It's kind of lame that the kills you get with the skinned weapon don't count to the regular gun kills. It did add a couple new pins, though. I got the Assault kit, and it added a pin for 8 kills with the SPEC M16 and another pin for 5 kill streak with the SPEC M16. I'm going to try and grab some more codes at lunch.

TheAngryDealer on
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    ToyD wrote: »
    So, I downloaded this patch the other day. Now I cannot join a game. Admittedly I used Quick Play and it was trying to put me into Rush, but I just crash to the dashboard of the 360. Makes me a sad panda and I have no idea why. Wasn't doing this before the patch.

Same thing happened to me yesterday after downloading the update. I couldn't join any games, and I was none too pleased. I'm hoping they'll get it fixed.

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    SigtyrSigtyr Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm loving how clueless some of the people at dice are.

For the Tracer Buff, once of the associate producers, Bazajaytee suggested to players:
    We will look at all the feedback and if the tracer is getting lots of negative feedback we'll look into it. However, like I mentioned, chopper pilots need to start using the smoke ability to best survive.

The funny thing is that:

A. The smoke ability doesn't even work in the PC version and even if it did
    B. The Smoke ability simply removes the tracer dart which has a reload of four seconds, against the smoke which has a reload of 20.

Sigtyr on
  • Options
    downerdowner Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Yontouryu wrote: »

I knife, a lot.. More than I should. It definitely feels as if the patch messed up knife hit detection even more. On more than one occasion I found a blissfully unaware enemy, who I proceeded to slash 2-3 times with no effect (standing still), only to have him turn around and shoot me.

downer on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Oh wow.

This being said by the guy who's balancing the game. I weep for the future.

Sigtyr on
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I take back what I said of the M416, I kept on using it last night and it seems to be working as good as ever.

But the ATI hotfix didn't hotfix anything for me :(

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Sigtyr wrote: »
    Oh wow.

This being said by the guy who's balancing the game. I weep for the future.

Once the missile is inbound the smoke/flares don't work? That is the exact opposite of how it should work. Also, the reload for the chopper flares should be quicker than 20 sec.

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    JeixJeix Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The best part of the new tracer dart is pegging snipers with it before they can move and hitting them with a gustav.

Jeix on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Sigtyr wrote: »
    I'm loving how clueless some of the people at dice are.

For the Tracer Buff, once of the associate producers, Bazajaytee suggested to players:
    We will look at all the feedback and if the tracer is getting lots of negative feedback we'll look into it. However, like I mentioned, chopper pilots need to start using the smoke ability to best survive.

The funny thing is that:

A. The smoke ability doesn't even work in the PC version and even if it did
    B. The Smoke ability simply removes the tracer dart which has a reload of four seconds, against the smoke which has a reload of 20.

i cant even deploy smoke in a chopper. it works in a tank though

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Jeix wrote: »
    The best part of the new tracer dart is pegging snipers with it before they can move and hitting them with a gustav.

Yes

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    downer wrote: »
    I knife, a lot.. More than I should. It definitely feels as if the patch messed up knife hit detection even more. On more than one occasion I found a blissfully unaware enemy, who I proceeded to slash 2-3 times with no effect (standing still), only to have him turn around and shoot me.
    Oh yea this shit happened to me last night.

We were playing that map with the lighthouse on it - I was on defense and I ended up sneaking around the lighthouse to the back, the part with the rock ledge on the right. As I came around the corner, I saw 2 snipers and an assault firing towards A.

I went up to sniper #1, tried to knife him 3x and it didn't do anything, had to shoot him in the back.

Went up to sniper #2, same thing, shot him.

This continued on the assault AND another assault that spawned ontop of the assault.

The knife is so whack and dumb now - at least before you could land it when you wanted to.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    JakorianJakorian Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    My knife worked fine.

Jakorian on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Jakorian wrote: »
    My knife worked fine.
    That's cause you're a hacker.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    The knife's always been terrible.

It's just that with this patch it's gotten even worse.

Sigtyr on
  • Options
    NickleNickle Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    If the helicopter controls are more sluggish on the PC (as I've heard), I can understand the tracer dart buff being too much.

As for us on the 360, I hope they make the thing move 10 times as fast.

Nickle on
    Xbox/PSN/NNID/Steam: NickleDL | 3DS: 0731-4750-6906
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Last night I saw people on the Dome with 80 ping.

Jesus Christ, that's almost like cheating.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

I want to know what you think of the BC1 Support kit then: LMG, Medkit, Drill, AND Mortar Strike.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    strategerystrategery Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Mechanical wrote: »

I want to know what you think of the BC1 Support kit then: LMG, Medkit, Drill, AND Mortar Strike.

Oh god I remember that. That one kit was almost as over powered as the damn Artillery was.

So glad they took that fucking artillery out of the sequel.

strategery on
    Strategeryz0r.png
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    I like how so many people are using the weapons the patch buffed. T88 LMGs and AN-94s everywhere.

Silly people.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    You know what I miss from the first? JDAMs.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Goomba wrote: »
    I like how so many people are using the weapons the patch buffed. T88 LMGs and AN-94s everywhere.

Silly people.
    I've used the AN-94 since the dawn of time because it's always been fucking fantastic.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Silly people.
    I've used the AN-94 since the dawn of time because it's always been fucking fantastic.
    Yeah, but I was playing yesterday and literally every assault had one as if it was the new M60 or some shit.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    KnorreKnorre Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Silly people.

Yes.

Knorre on
    Knorreworst.png
  • Options
    strategerystrategery Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Mechanical wrote: »
    You know what I miss from the first? JDAMs.

the JDAMS were fun. If they buffed the damage on the missile strike from the UAV that's essentially what it would be. It's not a missile fired from the UAV. It's shot from a plane buzzing around you. If you listen you can hear the pilot talking every time you fire a shot, when you try to shoot at it hasn't recharged yet, and when it recharges.

Honestly that missile strike could use a little more damage. or at least a bigger radius. I get they wanted to limit things like grenade spam and stuff by making grenades not stupid powerful. But why doesn't the missile strike, which has a long ass timer and is only usable by a vehicle made out of paper mache, have a decent area of effect. Seems kind of dumb that you pretty much need a direct hit with the thing to kill someone.

strategery on
    Strategeryz0r.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    The UAV has enough utility that I think the missile is fine as it is.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ArlingtonArlington Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Silly people.
    Yeah, but I was playing yesterday and literally every assault had one as if it was the new M60 or some shit.

I think people maybe should get a pass the actual day the patch came out for playing with weapons that where known to be changed.

I didn't play long last night, but from what I can tell the m16 doesn't seem much if any different, and I'm obviously doing it wrong since I can't hit shit with that tracer. Probably for the same reasons I suck with sniper rifles.

Arlington on
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I love tracering tanks that sit way back sniping away, and then see a fiery explosion in the distance as a hail of precision targeted rockets rush towards it.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    El GuacoEl Guaco Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Adrenaline wrote: »
    Okay, for those with the spawn lag issue, it's apparently caused by AVG (and possibly by other anti-viruses as well). If you add the BFBC2 folder in My Documents in the exceptions list it should clear it up.

I hope this is true. Between the patch and/or the Catalyst 10.4a drivers my fun was ruinined last night. I also had the lag spawn glitch, but that was only the beginning of it. The whole game stuttered so badly that I couldn't aim at a building let alone a moving player. I went from finally getting it super smooth to terrible in one night. I noticed the hard driving grinding away alot even while I was playing, so maybe AVG is to blame here after all. I hope this is an easy fix, because the game is unplayable at this point.

The Catalyst installer was crap and wouldn't work and I finally had to run the installer from the command line. So now I get quicker load times, but the textures sometimes flicker in like they're being loaded on the fly. It's distracting, and I don't know if it's related to the AVG problem.

El Guaco on
  • Options
    SladvanSladvan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    People still use AVG? Why?

Sladvan on
    ken2.png