As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition] PC version ETA Nov 30

19495969798100»

• Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Oh I know Xan isn't bad at all. I mean, I used him as my primary arcane spellcaster (though he had Quayle and Garrick as backup, while he would have none now) all through BG1 last time I played it, and he was extremely good with some of the Item Revisions stuff. One of the Archmagi robes sold at High Hedge was changed to give +1 AC, +1 THAC0, and +10 HP, which instantly rocketed Xan into nearly Fighter/Mage territory.

I'd just rather not have so many of my party be as fragile as kittens this time around. I could still deal with it, I suppose, since my last game had Quayle, Garrick, and Xan in it, and that's fully half my party with 11 CON or less; Coran wasn't much sturdier, but was ranged and had stealth.

Also hooray page 100, finally. I wonder who's going to do the new thread.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    Not me, I'm too lazy.

Anyway, still deciding on what to do with my Kensai. It truly is a dilemma. Kensai/Thief would work out fine, but I want a guy who can charge in there, wreck stuff up, and not suffer for it with weak AC. Kensage has buffs to counter that, but then I'd need a solid thief... maybe a solid mage too. Pure Kensai would be a guy who could charge in, but would still take a beating by anything with a decent THAC0, which means I'll need a tough tank to help out. Need to think about party management here.

jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Even with a Fighter/Mage or Kensai/Mage, I almost always still have a pure dedicated mage of some sort, and also a Thief/Mage because you only need so much Thief skill to get by.

Never too many spellcasters.

• Options
    Alright, well, if nobody else plans to make a new thread, I suppose I can. Any particular info people want included in the OP? Standard BGEE info, sure, but anything else? Modding links?

ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    Info over the Baldur's Gate series (not Dark Alliance) is good. and Mod links are cool. Pointing people out to G3 and whatnot.

jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Mod community links.
    Basic good advice like stat breaks, party comp, etc.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    my three person ascension party only had a M/C doing 100% of the spell casting so you can probably get by with less than you think.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Pondering doing a kensai/cleric

Or hmm, maybe kensai/druid.

It's not as minmaxy as it could be, but I've already done all those combos, and I've really been feeling like making another run at BG1->2

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/170831/baldurs-gate-bgee-is-out-gather-your-party-and-venture-forth-on-pc-and-ipad

New thread's up. I have to run for a bit, but I'll finish fleshing out the OP and the second post as soon as I get back.

ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    use reckless demeanor. wild mage at key points in some bg1 scs encounters can be life and death.

i had imoen dual classed as a wild mage once (and will again) the first time i beat saravok after going through the revised boss type battle that he is now, she ended up summoning a ridiculous amount of skeletons to keep him busy while the rest of us took out his cronies.

• Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    what's the level cap?

3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    Matrias wrote: »
    what's the level cap?

No level cap in BG1, but there is an EXP cap.

It should be 161,000 in BG1+TotSC

• Options
    CanisAquilusCanisAquilus Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Hey, there was a modified character I played with back in BG2 days. Custom voice custom portrait.

There was this one line he said in the dungeon that went like this:

"Just remember, they're not down here with us... you're all down here with me"

I'd like to get this again but dont remember where it came from.

CanisAquilus on
  • Options
    RollsavagerRollsavager Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    "Just remember, they're not down here with us... you're all down here with me"

Sounds like one of Rorschach's lines from Watchmen.

Rollsavager on
  • Options
    CanisAquilusCanisAquilus Registered User regular
    This would have been like ten years ago heh.

But man, it was a great custom soundset. The perfect chaotic neutral / neutral evil charming psychopath.

• Options
    This would have been like ten years ago heh.

But man, it was a great custom soundset. The perfect chaotic neutral / neutral evil charming psychopath.

Watchmen was twenty four years ago

• Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    Finally made it through the mines.
    ... Fuckin' kobolds..