Options

Wag your tail when you hear JAIL

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I have only had a couple interactions with the police

One time I came home really drunk after partying all night and not telling my parents to help the cop fill out my missing person's report.

And the other time I was waiting for a friend outside of a store. I get fed up and go inside to get a drink but realize I don't have enough money. Since the store was like 2 blocks from my house I walk home, and get money, then on the way back the cops stop me. Apparently waiting outside and not buying anything made the store owner think I was gonna rob them.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    A pinch.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Just a bit more than a poofteenth.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    fucking metrics

fuck you

I rented a car in Vancouver once. Most disorienting thing ever.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    Dr. FrenchensteinDr. Frenchenstein Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I got into a fight in DC once, the dude was half my size (in my defense, he climbed over a fence to get in my face, and sucker punched me, i had no qualms about roughing him up after that), and the cops rolled up mid beating. I let the guy go and they just yelled at everyone to get back in their cars and move the fuck along. Thank god... a black eye was bad enough, a night in jail to go along with it would not have been good. I think they must have seen it go down because i think i'd have gotten arrested if they just rolled up and saw a 6'3" dude wailing on a 5 foot nothing guy.

goddamn napoleon complexes.

Dr. Frenchenstein on
  • Options
    DislexicDislexic Creepy Uncle Bad Touch Your local playgroundRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I got pulled over twice because my tag pulled up as a deceased owner.

Both times I politely explain to the officer that I'm on the registration as well. They both say they're only finding one name.

Turns out the registration cuts off after the first name on it (my dad). I had it under Samuel OR Tyler.

The DMV wanted like 50 bucks to get my dad taken off the title (which did NOT extend the expiration date for my registration). Fuck that noise. I can sell it today if I wanted to. So I just went in and had the names reversed. Problem solved.

In an entirely separate incident, my old Dodge Dakota was starting to fall apart a wee bit, and the connection for one head light was loose. When I'd start it up, sometimes the driver side light wouldn't come on. I was driving and suddenly got pulled over. I'm thinking "Jeeze, what now." Cop says I've got a headlight out and starts to write a fix-it ticket. I say "Step back for just a sec and save yourself the ticket," get out of the car, go to the front, pop the lamp cover with my fist. Bloop, light comes back on. Cop says "well there's your problem" and starts to chuckle. He goes back to his car to check my license and registration. Hands it back to me and says "that's some straight up MacGuyvering shit right there.

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    "Jail is pretty boring, you just sit and wait, but that is the government for ya."

this is awesome

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I've never been in a holding cell or anything. I got handcuffed once and got to lay facedown in the mud for 30 minutes like that.

I've since decided never to do anything blatantly illegal again and to avoid police at all costs

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] new member
    edited April 2010
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The Long Goodbye's passage on jail is one of my favourites.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Meissnerd wrote: »
    "Jail is pretty boring, you just sit and wait, but that is the government for ya."

this is awesome

Prison ain't so bad.

You can make sangria in the toilet.

'Course, it's shank or be shanked.
    225px-Scruffy_2.jpg

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    The Long Goodbye's passage on jail is one of my favourites.

Me too. The wry cynicism of Marlowe combined with Chandler's capacity to use language to express narrative context and simultaneously convey some notion regarding the American state as a whole is something I envy more then anything.

I would give my left toe for a fraction of his talent.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    But which left toe

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Olivaw wrote: »
    But which left toe

Pinky
    it's not like he's using it anyway

Antimatter on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    i hope sheriff joe dies

Pony on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Somebody should suicide bomb his house, yes.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Yeah I think we can all agree that Sheriff Joe is the worst of the worst

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    like, i don't wish a lot of people would die

sheriff joe is definitely one of them

Pony on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    sheriff joe shouldn't die

just go to prison

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    there are just people who are simply not worth anything and the world is better off without them

Pony on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    ke$ha, for instance.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Stale wrote: »
    Heyyyyy, Indiana's okay. Bloomington in particular is a little corner of paradise.

Bloomington has great shows and great food.

But I wouldn't want to live there for any other reason than to go to school.

This was Evansville.

Evansville

Oh my god I'm so sorry.

If it makes you feel better, I lived in Kokomo my entire life before moving to West Lafayette.

http://www.forbes.com/2008/12/08/towns-ten-economy-forbeslife-cx_mw_1209dying_slide_9.html

I know we've already discussed this, but I used to live in Kokomo, too, and it has gone quite a bit downhill. My parents still live there and are sort of okay with it. But where you moved to indicates that you go to that other school. Hmmmm.

John. John, I'm going to have to ask you to

BOILER THE FUCK UP

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    SaammielSaammiel Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Dad was a cop, but I went the route where instead of acting out and being a d-bag I was a nerd who never got into any trouble. It was about 80/20 amongst the cop's kids I knew of.

My dad came from a rough neighborhood and I guess he was a hellion in his youth, but by the time I knew him he had been domesticized. We lived in a posh suburb, but I don't think the cops ever really become power tripping crazies, but I wouldn't know since I was pretty angelic when it came to obeying the law. Not due to fear of the cops but due to fear of my dad. There was no damn way I was going to hide even the most minor encounter with the police from my dad.

But jesus, even living in this yuppie paradise, the stress of the job took a huge toll on all the police officers I knew. By the time they were in their 40's, almost all of their marriages had failed, they usually had a suite of health problems and a pretty high rate of alcoholism. Oh and one of the cops went ballistic after retirement I think and engaged in a shooting spree. My dad escaped relatively intact on the health front since he only has some blood pressure issues, arthritus in his hand (from punching a brick wall when someone dodged him in a fight), and occasional back problems.

He is also an awesome dad and a big softie when it came to us, so I guess that colors my view of police officers in general. He was basically inconsolable for like 2 weeks when our dog got hit by a car for instance. On the other hand he was also the cop they always used to fire and discipline other cops, so I donno. Maybe he was living some sort of double life. In retrospect I should have written this maudlin shit on Father's Day, oh well.

Saammiel on
  • Options
    John MatrixJohn Matrix Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

John. John, I'm going to have to ask you to

BOILER THE FUCK UP

D:D:D:D:D:D:

John Matrix on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    You know, speaking of jail and the po-lice, Arizona has passed yet another retarded law that gives that fuck Arpaio even more power to fist the people who live in his county.

It'll allow police to arrest anybody who can't prove, on the spot, that they legally live in the US.

Arizona fucking sucks

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    John MatrixJohn Matrix Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Cloudman wrote: »
    You know, speaking of jail and the po-lice, Arizona has passed yet another retarded law that gives that fuck Arpaio even more power to fist the people who live in his county.

It'll allow police to arrest anybody who can't prove, on the spot, that they legally live in the US.

Arizona fucking sucks

If you're a permanent resident, you're legally required to carry your Green Card at all times. But if you're a citizen and you've only got your driver's license... well, shit, man. That is some bs.

John Matrix on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I have to go to Arizona for mother's day.

CAN'T FUCKING WAIT

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    You know what I have learned over the years? There is nobody on earth more dishonest, manipulative, and vindictive example of scum then a Richmond detective. They're deceitful, they like to harass people, and they intimidate/manipulate everyone with lies.

I know it's legal for them to do that. But it doesn't make them anything better then, to my mind, a con-man or a petty identity thief.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    psyck0psyck0 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ahahaha at that NPR thing. The more I learn about the US, the more I learn how completely and totally fucked up it is. Did you hear about this new law in Oklahoma? http://www.smh.com.au/world/antiabortion-bill-to-block-foetal-test-results-20100421-szqu.html

psyck0 on
    Play Smash Bros 3DS with me! 4399-1034-5444
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Stale wrote: »
    Heyyyyy, Indiana's okay. Bloomington in particular is a little corner of paradise.

Bloomington has great shows and great food.

But I wouldn't want to live there for any other reason than to go to school.

This was Evansville.

Evansville

Evansville is a shit hole and their schools suck. Bloomington is great and has great food/music/school.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Cloudman wrote: »

Arizona fucking sucks

If you're a permanent resident, you're legally required to carry your Green Card at all times. But if you're a citizen and you've only got your driver's license... well, shit, man. That is some bs.

Jesus that place has got to be the worst. Straight up.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    now tell me do you really wanna love me forever

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I still say MC Scat Cat should have had a solo album.

Hunter on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    i had a pretty good experience a couple of times with cops in Australia

one time I had just bought a car, and didn't have my Provisional plates on it. Now, it wasn't like a day or anything, I'd had the car a few weeks, I'd just been procrastinating about actually going into the garage, getting the plates off the old car and putting them on the new one. I got stopped for a random breath test, and the cop pulled me up on it. I blew nothing on the breath test, so she said just go on straight home and put those on the car.

And recently I was pulled over for speeding (thought the limit was 80km/h, was doing 85, limit was actually 70. however apparently last time I renewed my driver's license it didn't go through their system as he said I had an expired license. My surprise must have been pretty genuine and convincing as he said "right, I'll give you a week to call the department of transport and sort that issue out. At the end of the week I'll run a check and if your license is still expired you'll get a ticket, otherwise you'll be sweet."

So that was cool too.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    now tell me do you really wanna love me forever

Let me sleep on it

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    MafMaf Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I was woken up last night by the cops banging on my neighbour's apartment door. I was like "What the fuck?" and started looking out of my blinds. The cops started shining their flashlights into my room so I went to the front door to talk to them.

They didn't really have much to say, but it was mutually agreed that my neighbour is a huge piece of shit. They call him by his first name and it reminded me of Reno 911. Cops are fine by me.

Maf on
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I don't even get this thread title.

What the fuck does it even mean?

SirToasty on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    not cop-related, but i was woken up at 4am last night by an ambulance pulling into my apartment's parking lot

apparently in japan it's customary for one EMT to get out of the ambulance and shout 'HUP! HUP! HUP!' every 3 seconds while some pre-recorded woman blares out how they are on important business and everyone should watch out

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    are you eyeing little girls...with bad intent

or are you eyeing "little girls with bad intent".

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    are you eyeing little girls...with bad intent

or are you eyeing "little girls with bad intent".
    both if i'm lucky

Houk the Namebringer on