As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Breath of Death VII: Dem bones, Dem bones (UPDATE: Bugfix patch now available on XBL)

• Options
    solsovlysolsovly Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    When are we going to see action rpg spinoffs like Breath of Death: Cartilage Chronicles?
    I'm so sorry

solsovly on
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Breath of Death VII: Undead Children
    Breath of Death VII: Undead Children Incomplete
    Breath of Death VII: Crisis Corpse
    Breath of Death VII: Before Crucifix
    Breath of Death VII: Dirge of Cerberus

Rent on
  • Options
    JurgJurg In a TeacupRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Looking forward to your reveal. I mean, I'm going to buy your next game anyway, but still.

Jurg on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Rent wrote: »
    Breath of Death VII: Undead Children
    Breath of Death VII: Undead Children Incomplete
    Breath of Death VII: Crisis Corpse
    Breath of Death VII: Before Crucifix
    Breath of Death VII: Dirge of Cerberus

You forgot Breath of Death VII: The After Years. :)

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    That's from IV though not the FF7 project

Rent on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    That's from IV though not the FF7 project

True.

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Well, thanks to that Kotaku article, our sales saw a big boost yesterday. Just over 500 sales with a conversion rate of over 80%. With any luck, it'll have an effect over the entire week.

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    Gennenalyse RuebenGennenalyse Rueben The Prettiest Boy is Ridiculously Pretty Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hey, so, uhm, I'm not sure if you guys noticed but you got more even press on Yahoo today. It's like every time your game starts slipping from my mind some new article comes out with something referencing it.

Gennenalyse Rueben on
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hey, so, uhm, I'm not sure if you guys noticed but you got more even press on Yahoo today. It's like every time your game starts slipping from my mind some new article comes out with something referencing it.

Haha, wow that is awesome! :D

Seriously, I never expected to get a mention on a site like Yahoo. That kicks ass!

Thanks for posting that :^:

slash000 on
  • Options
    Gennenalyse RuebenGennenalyse Rueben The Prettiest Boy is Ridiculously Pretty Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I was honestly surprised that nobody else had noticed. I'm not usually the first to see these things. :)

Gennenalyse Rueben on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I was honestly surprised that nobody else had noticed. I'm not usually the first to see these things. :)

I usually periodically google our game to see if anything new has popped up but I guess I somehow missed the Yahoo article.

It's so cool to see that!

slash000 on
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    slash000 wrote: »

I usually periodically google our game to see if anything new has popped up but I guess I somehow missed the Yahoo article.

It's so cool to see that!

Heh, I just popped back in to mention the Yahoo article. Besides the article itself, you should know that it appears as one of the cycling front-page links with the headine "Great video games for a dollar or less" and the teaser "One title is considered a contender for best role-playing game of 2010."

I was checking my email, caught that line out of the corner of my eye, and just stopped... "No shit, can it really be...?" :lol:

Congrats on all the great press guys!

Ketar on
  • Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I just arrived at Motherbound. Why are the monsters so much stronger around here -.-

It's like you guys flipped the switch from easy mode to normal mode.

harvest on
    B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Woohoo! Yahoo! Wasn't expecting that all, but having an article on the front page of one of the most popular websites in the world that mentions our game in a positive light has gotta be a good thing.

Oh and sorry about the difficulty hike around Motherbound. I'll try to make the difficulty progression smoother with the next game.

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Seriously guys, congratulations again. You two deserve every single bit of success this is bringing you.

SirUltimos on
  • Options
    TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    That great games for under a buck article is on my yahoo home page under "Today's highlights". Even mentions a certain game is "is considered a contender for best role-playing game of 2010."

TelMarine on
    3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • Options
    AlejandroDaJAlejandroDaJ Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    You guys are totally upending the Xbox Live Indie Games model!

Heretofore, the most successful games were quirky games with a hook, like I Made A Game With Zombies and Head Shot. You guys really stepped up to the table with production values far higher than usual and many hours of gameplay, and have been justly rewarded. It's really gratifying to see that effort put into production can translate into XBLIG sales.

AlejandroDaJ on
  • Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    This is not only good news for them but for us as well. If they can show that this is a sustainable business model, we may be looking at a lot more high quality bite sized RPGs, and I will buy them all. You guys rock.

LoveIsUnity on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    This is not only good news for them but for us as well. If they can show that this is a sustainable business model, we may be looking at a lot more high quality bite sized RPGs, and I will buy them all. You guys rock.

This.

I like the idea of my favorite indie developers getting paid for their work, thus creating more awesome games.

harvest on
    B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So I have 300 MS Points or whatever thing they use. I assume that's enough for this? Is it worth it?

Magus` on
  • Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Magus` wrote: »
    So I have 300 MS Points or whatever thing they use. I assume that's enough for this? Is it worth it?

Yes and yes.

SirUltimos on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    How long is it? And is retro in stupid design decisions, or just look? I don't want no FF1 era 'INEFFECTIVE' BS when I attack a dead enemy!

Magus` on
  • Options
    mspencermspencer PAX [ENFORCER] Council Bluffs, IARegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'd say retro in look, retro in general gameplay structure, but modern in design. Combo meter, limited random battles, and automatic health refills after each fight make it play rather differently from old RPG's. In a good way.

mspencer on
    MEMBER OF THE PARANOIA GM GUILD
    XBL Michael Spencer || Wii 6007 6812 1605 7315 || PSN MichaelSpencerJr || Steam Michael_Spencer || Ham NOØK
    QRZ || My last known GPS coordinates: FindU or APRS.fi (Car antenna feed line busted -- no ham radio for me X__X )
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Ok, and yes, it's only 1 dollar, but what's the length like?

Magus` on
  • Options
    SeolSeol Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    4-6 hours.

Seol on
  • Options
    GibbsGibbs Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Seol wrote: »
    4-6 hours.

With two levels of difficulty and a Score Attack mode. Replay value is there.

Gibbs on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I've got a bad case of lovin' you.
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I just bought it a few days ago a long with Doom 2. I've only put a little time into being busy as hell. Seems quite fun though, and I enjoy a game with humour.

Dixon on
  • Options
    JurgJurg In a TeacupRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    It is not retro in design decisions. In fact, it's a great model that other RPG devs should learn from.

Jurg on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    RchUncleSkeletonRchUncleSkeleton Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I think as long as they made it only playable through steam it would be pretty hard to pirate. I have no idea what it involves to do that though. Since the XBOX 360 is essentially a pc I don't think it would be that hard to port it to the pc though....maybe a few lines of code need to be changed and the controls adapted to the keyboard.

RchUncleSkeleton on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I think as long as they made it only playable through steam it would be pretty hard to pirate. I have no idea what it involves to do that though. Since the XBOX 360 is essentially a pc I don't think it would be that hard to port it to the pc though....maybe a few lines of code need to be changed and the controls adapted to the keyboard.

Guess what it's not happening, so please don't bring it up

Edit: Your sig is way too fucking long and wide

Rent on
  • Options
    Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So I just got the crystals in that dungeon that's right next to the duck dragon. WTF am I supposed to go to finish the game?

Saint Justice on
    Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Edit: Your sig is way too fucking long and wide
    I don't see anything wrong with it....it's not much bigger than yours

Edit: you don't have to be such a miserable bastard...I was making a suggestion, I was in no way telling anyone they had to do anything!

RchUncleSkeleton on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    So I just got the crystals in that dungeon that's right next to the duck dragon. WTF am I supposed to go to finish the game?

To finish the game from the point after the crystals,
    There is a cave sort of north west of the Castle. It leads into the Desert. In the northwest-ish portion of the Desert you will find a large rundown building surrounded by a wall. That is where you must go to finish the game.

slash000 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Steam / porting

It was discussed earlier, but basically we have a variety of reasons not to port to PC right now, even Steam. A lot of it has to do with the fact that we're a small operation and we'd rather focus on the next game than figure out the quirks of getting it ported and then into Steam somehow.

I don't see anything wrong with it....it's not much bigger than yours

The rules say "The recommended maximum size for sigs is 500x80 pixels (four lines of text) total, and most sig images should be kept below 50KB." it says you can vary from that a tiny bit but I think your image size and particularly the file size is well beyond the recommended 500x80 / 50k size.

Also it says, "The absolute maximum combined filesize for your sig and avatar is 70KB. For example, it's perfectly acceptable to have a 65KB avatar and a text-only sig."

You could probably figure out a way to downscale your sig and compress it some to fit properly and not be so big in filesize either. These rules are in place so as to keep the forum pages from getting too cluttered with sigs, and file sizes down so it's easy enough to use for people with limited bandwidth (be it 56k or mobile etc)

slash000 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    yes I was merely stating that it "could" be done.

As far as my sig, thank you for letting me know instead of just spouting off like the other guy..I'll take the image off.

RchUncleSkeleton on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Thanks, Slash. And congrats on the game! It's very fun and funny. Definitely a great value @ only 80 MSP!

Saint Justice on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Edit: you don't have to be such a miserable bastard...I was making a suggestion, I was in no way telling anyone they had to do anything!

You could, maybe, I dunno, read the fucking thread and see this exact point was covered many times over

Rent on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    You could, maybe, I dunno, read the fucking thread and see this exact point was covered many times over
    This shows my point exactly....."MISERABLE BASTARD"

RchUncleSkeleton on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    So when can I get the mentioned 'Chainsaw Axe' and how much will it be?

Magus` on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    One of the final dungeon areas has a merchant near the entrance that sells it. I think it's at least 60k.

Saint Justice on