As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

NHL: Like #99, this thread is retired.

• Options
    saggiosaggio Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    shalmelo wrote: »
    So, Pens fans with Fleury or Canucks fans with Luongo - who feels worse about the long-term contract right about now?

:(

Shitting on the goaltender usually happens when people can't bring themselves to acknowledge bad defense and inept offense.

Which means Canucks fan will never stop talking about shitty goaltending.

saggio on
    3DS: 0232-9436-6893
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So, Pens fans with Fleury or Canucks fans with Luongo - who feels worse about the long-term contract right about now?

I couldn't help but see how alike the Canucks and Pens are, Pens are better off overall but enough about all that.

Thread title is pure gold btw!

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    and back home
    so holly balls, 5 - 2 AND philly won? perfect night.

god i hope montreal doesn't have to play boston again. fucking boston.

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Jaltos wrote: »
    Vesty wrote: »
    mellon.jpg

US-Flag-capitol-half-staff-73728-1.jpg

*tear*

Man, it's sad :(

I saw my first hockey game in the Civic Arena. :(

And yes, it will always be named that. Fuck the Mellon Dome.

....also, I just went and looked up the new one. "Consol Energy Center?" Really?

Jragghen on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I really like what Cammalleri is doing this playoffs, plus the guy always seems classy when talking after the game and during it.

TSN was also mentioning that the last Canadien to score 12 or more goals in the playoffs was back in the 1970s with Guy Lafleur. All of these comparisons, with both Halak and Cammalleri and the guys are really fun to see as it unfolds.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    saggio wrote: »

Shitting on the goaltender usually happens when people can't bring themselves to acknowledge bad defense and inept offense.

Defense was bad for sure, and decimated by injury. But Luongo had a couple of good games in the playoffs, and was not really very sharp overall.

I wouldn't call it shitty goaltending though. I remember the days of Kevin Weekes or Garth Snow in goal, now that was truly awful.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Hey, I resent that. We acknowledge bad defense all the time!

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Do you really think Luongo turned in a 7 million dollar performance?

(the answer is no)

edit: Halak's salary for this season was 800k :D

tofu on
  • Options
    RichardTauberRichardTauber Kvlt Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    YEEEEEES!

RichardTauber on
  • Options
    CoJoeTheLawyerCoJoeTheLawyer Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    tofu wrote: »
    Halak's salary for this season was 800k :D

Halak should invest in a couple of dump trucks. He'll need them to haul away the millions of dollars he's earning for himself right now. If the Hans make the finals, he deserves to be paid as a top-level goalie.

Strange night after the game. Lots of people milling around the arena, saying goodbye to the old place. The players were also really gladhanding it with the crowd. I saw Bill Guerin, Max Talbot and Kris Letang all out shaking hands and signing autographs after, and a few others.

I also saw a Habs fan take a beer bottle to the back of the head. I can only hope it was the douche who brought a puppet to the game.

CoJoeTheLawyer on

CoJoe.png
  • Options
    PhistiPhisti Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I recall watching a HNIC Hotstove about a week before the trade deadline and someone was asking about Montreal moving a goalie. The response was something like this:

If Montreal were trying to trade a goalie 29 teams were interested in Price, and 10 were interested in Halak

I think the shoe has swapped feet with Halak's post-season. He played well in the regular season, but has been great in the post.

But I still wonder about last night's comment about Montreal being the 8th place team had Halak played all year... the commentators seemed to think they'd have finished higher but I'd say he's probably doing so well now because he didn't do a Marty Brodeur and play 70+ games in the season.

Anyhow, I digress - Glad les Habitants won it last night, my wife is finally enjoying hockey again - she hasn't watched since the 1993 Stanley Cup win due to the lockout and the spoiled brat effect, but she's coming around. At least now I can watch at least four more games with her.

Phisti on
  • Options
    truck-a-saurastruck-a-sauras Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    so where was that Malkin dude last night? he have any injuries or just plain forget to be a star? I think Gill needs to start the next game without a stick, he apparently doesn't see the need for one anyway.

and damn boston.... how many Flyers need to be injured for you to have a chance at winning?

truck-a-sauras on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Steam
    XBOX
  • Options
    WitchdrWitchdr Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Halak should invest in a couple of dump trucks. He'll need them to haul away the millions of dollars he's earning for himself right now. If the Hans make the finals, he deserves to be paid as a top-level goalie.

Strange night after the game. Lots of people milling around the arena, saying goodbye to the old place. The players were also really gladhanding it with the crowd. I saw Bill Guerin, Max Talbot and Kris Letang all out shaking hands and signing autographs after, and a few others.

I also saw a Habs fan take a beer bottle to the back of the head. I can only hope it was the douche who brought a puppet to the game.

If that happened in Philly there would be a 20 page post about how "typical Philly" acts to out of town fans and continue to talk about how awful we are.

Maybe, just maybe, when 20,000+ people are huddled in one area with alocohol cheering for opposite teams, dumb people do dumb things.

Also, Man i didn't expect the fly boys to bring this to game seven, at least the made this a hell of a series.

Witchdr on
    "Look, all I know is that this cord was plugged into my house and your house was glowing like the freakin' sun. So, I put two and two together there and decided that you're pissing me off." -Carl Brutananadilewski

In regards to the advocates of his former empire: “I was going to have them all executed… the Royal Advocate talked me out of it.” -Shadowthrone (Emperor Kellanved)

Handles: LoL-Emerging, BF4/Hardline-Whiskeyjack227, Steam-Fragglerock, HOTS/Blizzard-Whiskeyjack#1333, Life-Jason
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    so where was that Malkin dude the last six months? he have any injuries or just plain forget to be a star?

Fixed that for you. Malkin has the worst season of his career, and maybe of a Conn winner ever.

CoJoeTheLawyer on

CoJoe.png
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    and damn boston.... how many Flyers need to be injured for you to have a chance at winning?

This is the problem and why the series has shifted so dramatically. The Bruins have lost 2 of their top players in this series, meanwhile the Flyers have gotten 2 back. Yeah they lost Boucher, but Boucher fucking sucks. This other guy is severly outplaying anything Boucher did. It's no excuse for lack luster and sloppy play on the Bruins side but it does indicate a shift in talent level.

My only hope for Game 7 is that the fix will be in for Boston-Montreal.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010

Not surprised Crosby wasn't there, guy looked shellshocked.

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Super pumped about the Habs' victory.

Less so about Habs fans acting like idiots and fighting with cops.

Ah, Montreal.

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    montreal-fans-cp8650841.jpg

Love the guy with the stop sign.

Corvus on
  • Options
    Eye FlysEye Flys Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm trying to find myself in that picture, but I can't.

I partied with the crazies down in the streets. It was awesome. high fives all around. OLE OLE OLE chants throughout. Crosby Sucks chants could be heard for miles. Cars honking all over the place.

It was a really nice and peaceful drunken crazy celebration until a bunch of fucking retarded punks who think Anarchy is a political system (aka fucking idiotic pea brains) started provoking and throwing shit at and attacking the cops. It's unfortunate that this happened. But, the spokesperson for the police force stated that despite the 30 or so arrests that came late at the night, these were isolated incidents from (simple-minded) individuals who were there purely to start shit. They stated the celebration was peaceful aside from those tards and thanked the fans for their civility.

I walked up and down Sainte-Catherine, I left around 11:45 which is when some tards started throwing shit at the cops. I got out just in time.

God I hate those dumb punk kids. I'm glad the cops acknowledged that the majority of the celebration was peaceful. I felt they handled the situation very, very well. Those idiotic punks who got arrested got exactly what they deserved. That's what you get when you provoke cops. The cops were there to make sure everyone was safe. I'll gladly ignore any police brutality (god I hope there was some) that was directed their way as it was provoked.

I hear two cops were injured. I hope no one who's innocent were arrested or harmed.

Eye Flys on
  • Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Luongo goes under the bus a lot, but I still really like the guy. When he's on his, game, he's amazing.

What he needs is some strong d-men to compliment him, and I hope they can get that.

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I'm hoping they can pick up Dan Hamhuis.

Corvus on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Man, holy shit. TSN has a video with the Habs getting back into Montreal late at night after the game. As they're driving off there's a crowd of fans just cheering and chanting "PK PK PK" over and over again and wishing his car (which you see surrounded by people) happy birthday (since he just turned 21).

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Aegis wrote: »
    Man, holy shit. TSN has a video with the Habs getting back into Montreal late at night after the game. As they're driving off there's a crowd of fans just cheering and chanting "PK PK PK" over and over again and wishing his car (which you see surrounded by people) happy birthday (since he just turned 21).

He has quickly become my favourite player.

LaOs on
  • Options
    AgentBryantAgentBryant CTRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    It's not really a rivalry isn't it? Doesn't Montreal usually just spank Boston and move on?

Except when Boston sweeps them in round 1 of 2009. Or nearly upsets the #1 seed montreal in 2008. I don't have high hopes at all right now, though. I'm not sure if I'd rather have the Bruins become an embarassing part of NHL history by losing game 7, or give those damn montrealers the satisfaction of winning in the conference finals against a weakened Boston team. Oh well.

AgentBryant on
  • Options
    RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    LaOs wrote: »

He has quickly become my favourite player.

Subban's salary is probably going up by an order of magnitude or two. Wow, talk about starting your career on a good note.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA_uumUitBw

Robman on
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Subban also got turned into a pylon and had like 6 turnovers within 3 inchs of Halak.

But he is young so hopefully he can get better.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    The dude is 21

He can work on his puck handling, but when you see his ability to skate like this (warning, vid is a little loud)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X8s0v6_O1s

You know he's going places

edit for the birthday boy

Robman on
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Robman wrote: »
    The dude is 21

He can work on his puck handling, but when you see his ability to skate like this (warning, vid is a little loud)

[url snip [/url]

You know he's going places

edit for the birthday boy

Thus, why I said, "he is young and hopefully gets better"

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Subban is signed at 875k through 2012, by the way.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Habs are gonna be in caphell soon... I think they should ship Harmlik out, he's good but not $5.5M good.

Jean on
    "You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    The players might want to stick around just because Montreal loves them so much

I mean earning 39292 million dollars a year is cool, but so is being able to walk into a bar and having a polite lineup forming of attractive women who want to put your penis in their mouth

Robman on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Robman wrote: »
    The players might want to stick around just because Montreal loves them so much

I mean earning 39292 million dollars a year is cool, but so is being able to walk into a bar and having a polite lineup forming of attractive women who want to put your penis in their mouth

Yeah, I've always enjoyed that last perk.

CoJoeTheLawyer on

CoJoe.png
  • Options
    3v3v Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    God damn that was impressive skating ability.

3v on
    512285-1.png
    PantsB wrote: »
    Koreans 4 Gate like this
    White People 4 gate like this
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Willie Mitchel is not impressed with the NHL's handling of headshots.
    "I am disappointed in the league, I'm disappointed in Colin Campbell," Mitchell said. "I am disappointed he didn't rule down anything on the play. That's his job. As we've seen, he's been very inconsistent in how he's handled himself in those situations. I think a lot of times he hands down suspensions and fines on results.

"I think that's the wrong thing to do.

"You rob a bank and there's $50 million dollars in there and you rob a bank and there's $5 in there, you're going to jail for the same amount of time."

Corvus on
  • Options
    QonasQonas Detroit, MIRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Granted headshots are more serious because of the injury/health part, but the entirety of officiating throughout the playoffs has been horrendous. The sheer number of calls and the fact we're now hovering dangerously close to diving becoming an acceptable practice is frightening.

Qonas on
    banner_default.jpg

There is not in all America a more dangerous trait than the deification of mere smartness unaccompanied by any sense of moral responsibility. - President Theodore Roosevelt
  • Options
    JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Habs will have a lot of negotiation to do in the summer, tough Plekanec is the only significant UFA this year. Next summer after all will be hell on the defensive side.

Already signed for 2010-11
    Gomez , 7.357$M
    Camalleri, 6
    Gionta, 5
    Andrei K, 3.25
    Moen, 1.5
    Laraque, 1.5 *will be bought out*
    Maxwell, .735

Markov, 5.75
    Harmlik, 5.5
    Spacek, 3.833
    Gill, 2.25
    Gorges, 1.1
    O'Byrne, 0.945
    Subban, 0.875

RFAs
    Lapierre
    Sergei K
    Poulliot
    Pyatt

Halak
    Price

UFAs
    Plekanec
    Metropolit
    Moore
    Darche

Mara
    Marc-André Bergeron

Jean on
    "You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Halak sure isn't going to stay an RFA for long. I wonder what they'll do with Price?

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I hope they keep LaPierre, oh god I love that grin he affects when he starts shit talking

Robman on
  • Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Man...Fuckin Boston sports fans are getting spoiled. B and Cs rollin!

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Halak sure isn't going to stay an RFA for long. I wonder what they'll do with Price?

Sharks will probably be in the market for a goalie...

tofu on