As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Removing the printing from a computer case

HaukyHauky Registered User regular
edited April 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
I have a case similar to this one for my HTPC. The DVD logo on the drive cover bugs the crap out of me, because I have a Blu-ray drive in there. The cover, as far as I can tell, is finished aluminum (it's cold to the touch and much too heavy to be plastic). The logo is just printed on--you can feel it's raised off the surface--but printed on quite well. Anybody have any ideas for getting the logo off without wrecking the finish on the aluminum?

Things I've tried already without success:
- Scraping with a fingernail
- Rubbing alcohol
- Dish soap + water

bobross.png
Hauky on

• Options
    dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    You may want to just get a Blue-Ray sticker and put it over that.

It would be possible to get that off, I dont know how it would mess with the brushed dark aluminum finish though.

Get the finest sandpaper you can find. I'm talking go to a model or hobby shop and buy some and gently sand it off with the grain of the finish.

dispatch.o on
  • Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Rub it with a sugar cube

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Options
    dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Rub it with a sugar cube

Ive always been afraid of putting sugar near my electronics. This is an awesome idea though, does it work well?

dispatch.o on
  • Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    dispatch.o wrote: »
    Rub it with a sugar cube

Ive always been afraid of putting sugar near my electronics. This is an awesome idea though, does it work well?

http://lifehacker.com/244294/macgyver-tip--de+logo-your-cell-phone-with-a-sugar-cube

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Options
    HaukyHauky Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Dang, that sugar cube idea sounds good. I'll have to go to the store tomorrow.

Hauky on
    bobross.png
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    what would acetone do

don't try it without knowing though

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.