[Supernatural]: This is why we can't have nice things, Sam.

145791094

Posts

  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Brits also have a silly habit of showing all the episodes of a series without breaking for sports or cancelling them half way through.

    We are awesome for TV basically.
    "This is an official warning that the TV Licenseing Enforcement Division will be proceeding with a full investigation of the above address. This is because there is still no record of a TV licence at this property."
    Awesome.

    Back to Supernatural...
    Do we know if they change the finale at all to compensate to season 6?

    bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • LynxLynx Registered User
    edited May 2010
    Brits also have a silly habit of showing all the episodes of a series without breaking for sports or cancelling them half way through.

    We are awesome for TV basically.
    "This is an official warning that the TV Licenseing Enforcement Division will be proceeding with a full investigation of the above address. This is because there is still no record of a TV licence at this property."
    Awesome.

    Back to Supernatural...
    Do we know if they change the finale at all to compensate to season 6?

    If I had to guess,
    Sam under the lightpost was added to accommodate Season 6.

    The rest of the finale didn't really need anything added. Except for that last scene, it wrapped up the show pretty nicely.

    Lynx on
  • KronusKronus Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Venkman90 wrote: »
    Venkman90 wrote: »
    Kronus wrote: »
    People are still talking as if this was the series finale but this was not the series finale and was, in fact, a season finale.

    Unless you're British in which case it might be a series finale but that's just silly.

    Why's that then? it's not being shown here?

    Re: the end
    Chuck vanished in a way that suggests he has powers, if he was Jesus would he not be mortal? but then I don't buy him being God either, he was going to kill himself in S4, Zachariah was speaking to him like dirt...just doesn't feel right.

    If this was the series finale I doubt they would have left Sam in at the end, which was hard to read into, his face gave away nothing, is he evil now? how the fuck did he get out?

    One thing that got me, we never got a glimpse at how Lucifer and Micheal fighting each other in human body's was going to wipe out half the planet...I can imagine it in their actual forms, I get the image of two giant arcs of light and sound clashing across the planet, but two guys? how would that work?

    I think he is making fun of that silly habit Brits have of referring to seasons as series. What I want to know is if you call seasons series, what the hell do you call series?

    Ah,

    Series 4 of the Wire for example?

    We call Seasons Series and we call Series by their names I guess, Dr Who series 3 for example, it's a show on TV, I don't feel we are missing a word out ;)

    Edit: although since the internet me and many friends who converse with Americans daily have started calling them Seasons now...

    But what do you call the very end of a show? The finale of a whole series should be a series finale! You people are backwards!

    Kronus on
  • Venkman90Venkman90 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Kronus wrote: »
    Venkman90 wrote: »
    Venkman90 wrote: »
    Kronus wrote: »
    People are still talking as if this was the series finale but this was not the series finale and was, in fact, a season finale.

    Unless you're British in which case it might be a series finale but that's just silly.

    Why's that then? it's not being shown here?

    Re: the end
    Chuck vanished in a way that suggests he has powers, if he was Jesus would he not be mortal? but then I don't buy him being God either, he was going to kill himself in S4, Zachariah was speaking to him like dirt...just doesn't feel right.

    If this was the series finale I doubt they would have left Sam in at the end, which was hard to read into, his face gave away nothing, is he evil now? how the fuck did he get out?

    One thing that got me, we never got a glimpse at how Lucifer and Micheal fighting each other in human body's was going to wipe out half the planet...I can imagine it in their actual forms, I get the image of two giant arcs of light and sound clashing across the planet, but two guys? how would that work?

    I think he is making fun of that silly habit Brits have of referring to seasons as series. What I want to know is if you call seasons series, what the hell do you call series?

    Ah,

    Series 4 of the Wire for example?

    We call Seasons Series and we call Series by their names I guess, Dr Who series 3 for example, it's a show on TV, I don't feel we are missing a word out ;)

    Edit: although since the internet me and many friends who converse with Americans daily have started calling them Seasons now...

    But what do you call the very end of a show? The finale of a whole series should be a series finale! You people are backwards!

    The last ever [insert show] usually does it.

    Venkman90 on
  • ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hah, okay, so I just read this bit of speculation on another board:

    (finale spoilers)
    The Sam that came back was actually a ghost, because he died violently or something like that. Since ghosts are tied to a place of importance, Sam is tied to the Impala. Ghost!Sam and Dean then spend at least part of the season trying to get Sam his body back.

    It gives me serious Angel season 5 vibes, and that season was fantastic, and JP could pull off the comedy aspect (see: Bad Day at Black Rock) buuut... It doesn't quite feel like Supernatural. I would appreciate it if they toned down the angst for next season, though.

    Reznik on
    Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS
    edited May 2010
    Ghost implies soul which I imagine would be fucked hard at this point.

    Also I post this for Preacher, whose heart Im sure will be broken.
    The much-rumored wedding is actually about to come to pass: Supernatural hunk Jensen Ackles and his buxom bride-to-be and One Tree Hill regular Danneel Harris are getting married in mere hours.



    The beautiful twosome is heading home (for Jensen, at least) to Dallas. All the fam in attendance (plus, a certain newlywed costar, we're sure) and fewer stalkers passionate fans trying to weasel into the wedding party. Win-win, right?

    Danneel, as much as we're sure you'd love to hear, is no bridezilla. She finally gets to walk—or run (hey, the babe's been waiting for this day for a long time)—down the aisle with her demon-hunting dude, and we're sure she'll look primped, pouty and fab.

    Big fancy affair kicks off at sunset.

    Team Awful, though graciously invited, cannot attend. But we'd like to be the first to congratulate Missus Ackles on her big day, as well as her hunky new hubby!

    DarkWarrior on
  • CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    When both Jared and Jensen were getting married some of the fandom began to freak out, big time. As some here know the SPN fanbase is very passionate, and there is a certain part of it that believes the boys belong together. Even in real life. A few of these wacko's even wanted to sign a petition to be given during one of the weddings to one of the actors that said some crazy thing like they were soul mates and belonged together.

    Cade on
  • ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Cade wrote: »
    When both Jared and Jensen were getting some of the fandom began to freak out, big time. As some here know the SPN fanbase is very passionate, and there is a certain part of it that believes the boys belong together. Even in real life. A few of these wacko's even wanted to sign a petition to be given during one of the weddings to one of the actors that said some crazy thing like they were soul mates and belonged together.

    Yeah. I hate a huge chunk of the SPN fanbase for shit like that.

    It's just... I don't even understand how these people can be so delusional.

    Reznik on
    Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    smeej wrote: »
    Sam's Mark Pelligrino face was amazing.

    man when he cracked that smile

    i was very impressed that he got the look so correct

    Evil Multifarious on
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I fucking hate you Canadians.
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Ghost implies soul which I imagine would be fucked hard at this point.

    Also I post this for Preacher, whose heart Im sure will be broken.
    The much-rumored wedding is actually about to come to pass: Supernatural hunk Jensen Ackles and his buxom bride-to-be and One Tree Hill regular Danneel Harris are getting married in mere hours.



    The beautiful twosome is heading home (for Jensen, at least) to Dallas. All the fam in attendance (plus, a certain newlywed costar, we're sure) and fewer stalkers passionate fans trying to weasel into the wedding party. Win-win, right?

    Danneel, as much as we're sure you'd love to hear, is no bridezilla. She finally gets to walk—or run (hey, the babe's been waiting for this day for a long time)—down the aisle with her demon-hunting dude, and we're sure she'll look primped, pouty and fab.

    Big fancy affair kicks off at sunset.

    Team Awful, though graciously invited, cannot attend. But we'd like to be the first to congratulate Missus Ackles on her big day, as well as her hunky new hubby!

    Doesn't break my heart, I'm glad for the man. Ackles is a pretty cool dude.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • KronusKronus Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Ghost implies soul which I imagine would be fucked hard at this point.

    Also I post this for Preacher, whose heart Im sure will be broken.
    The much-rumored wedding is actually about to come to pass: Supernatural hunk Jensen Ackles and his buxom bride-to-be and One Tree Hill regular Danneel Harris are getting married in mere hours.



    The beautiful twosome is heading home (for Jensen, at least) to Dallas. All the fam in attendance (plus, a certain newlywed costar, we're sure) and fewer stalkers passionate fans trying to weasel into the wedding party. Win-win, right?

    Danneel, as much as we're sure you'd love to hear, is no bridezilla. She finally gets to walk—or run (hey, the babe's been waiting for this day for a long time)—down the aisle with her demon-hunting dude, and we're sure she'll look primped, pouty and fab.

    Big fancy affair kicks off at sunset.

    Team Awful, though graciously invited, cannot attend. But we'd like to be the first to congratulate Missus Ackles on her big day, as well as her hunky new hubby!

    Doesn't break my heart, I'm glad for the man. Ackles is a pretty cool dude.

    Says Preacher, as he secretly begins work on his plot to eliminate Danneel from the picture.

    Kronus on
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS
    edited May 2010
    Kronus wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Ghost implies soul which I imagine would be fucked hard at this point.

    Also I post this for Preacher, whose heart Im sure will be broken.
    The much-rumored wedding is actually about to come to pass: Supernatural hunk Jensen Ackles and his buxom bride-to-be and One Tree Hill regular Danneel Harris are getting married in mere hours.



    The beautiful twosome is heading home (for Jensen, at least) to Dallas. All the fam in attendance (plus, a certain newlywed costar, we're sure) and fewer stalkers passionate fans trying to weasel into the wedding party. Win-win, right?

    Danneel, as much as we're sure you'd love to hear, is no bridezilla. She finally gets to walk—or run (hey, the babe's been waiting for this day for a long time)—down the aisle with her demon-hunting dude, and we're sure she'll look primped, pouty and fab.

    Big fancy affair kicks off at sunset.

    Team Awful, though graciously invited, cannot attend. But we'd like to be the first to congratulate Missus Ackles on her big day, as well as her hunky new hubby!

    Doesn't break my heart, I'm glad for the man. Ackles is a pretty cool dude.

    Says Preacher, as he secretly begins work on his plot to eliminate Danneel from the picture.

    I just notice he was about to get married and suddenly your long time Dean Avatar and Sig combo disappears. We both know your heart is breaking Preacher, you can lean on us, we'll get you through this.

    DarkWarrior on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Heh I changed out of dean sig and avatar a month or so back. Just wanted to go back to a more obscure one.

    Anyway looking forward to this years comic con and the season 6 preview.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Reznik wrote: »
    Hah, okay, so I just read this bit of speculation on another board:

    (finale spoilers)
    The Sam that came back was actually a ghost, because he died violently or something like that. Since ghosts are tied to a place of importance, Sam is tied to the Impala. Ghost!Sam and Dean then spend at least part of the season trying to get Sam his body back.

    It gives me serious Angel season 5 vibes, and that season was fantastic, and JP could pull off the comedy aspect (see: Bad Day at Black Rock) buuut... It doesn't quite feel like Supernatural. I would appreciate it if they toned down the angst for next season, though.
    I don't think you need to say it was because he died violently or whatever, just that he was shunted out of his body by the Devil.

    And I wish someone do a psychological study on fangirls. The phenomena is just so bizarre, and I have no idea how these communities even arise. I'd have never guessed that Supernatural would attract such a crowd since it doesn't even seem targeted towards a young and crazy female audience, apart from having attractive men in it.

    Robos A Go Go on
  • CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Reznik wrote: »
    Hah, okay, so I just read this bit of speculation on another board:

    (finale spoilers)
    The Sam that came back was actually a ghost, because he died violently or something like that. Since ghosts are tied to a place of importance, Sam is tied to the Impala. Ghost!Sam and Dean then spend at least part of the season trying to get Sam his body back.

    It gives me serious Angel season 5 vibes, and that season was fantastic, and JP could pull off the comedy aspect (see: Bad Day at Black Rock) buuut... It doesn't quite feel like Supernatural. I would appreciate it if they toned down the angst for next season, though.
    I don't think you need to say it was because he died violently or whatever, just that he was shunted out of his body by the Devil.

    And I wish someone do a psychological study on fangirls. The phenomena is just so bizarre, and I have no idea how these communities even arise. I'd have never guessed that Supernatural would attract such a crowd since it doesn't even seem targeted towards a young and crazy female audience, apart from having attractive men in it.

    That's the crazy thing, I noticed most of these crazy fangirls are not girls at all, they're full bloom women in their 20's, 30's and 40's! Quite a few are married at that. It's pretty nutty how they are and they are rabid, they're one of the most rabid fanbases I've ever seen and that's saying a lot.

    Cade on
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    back to the finale...

    freaking loved it. I thought they really nailed everything. My one complaint is the very end...
    I didn't like Sam standing under the lamppost. I was kind of hoping next season would begin maybe a few years down the road, with Dean settled in to his happy normal life before being pulled out of it by Sam's return. Sort of the opposite of how the show started.

    Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • nervenerve Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Sentry wrote: »
    back to the finale...

    freaking loved it. I thought they really nailed everything. My one complaint is the very end...
    I didn't like Sam standing under the lamppost. I was kind of hoping next season would begin maybe a few years down the road, with Dean settled in to his happy normal life before being pulled out of it by Sam's return. Sort of the opposite of how the show started.

    Pretty much what I was thinking....

    nerve on
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    nerve wrote: »
    Sentry wrote: »
    back to the finale...

    freaking loved it. I thought they really nailed everything. My one complaint is the very end...
    I didn't like Sam standing under the lamppost. I was kind of hoping next season would begin maybe a few years down the road, with Dean settled in to his happy normal life before being pulled out of it by Sam's return. Sort of the opposite of how the show started.

    Pretty much what I was thinking....

    There wasn't any indication of when that scene was taking place

    bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Sentry wrote: »
    back to the finale...

    freaking loved it. I thought they really nailed everything. My one complaint is the very end...
    I didn't like Sam standing under the lamppost. I was kind of hoping next season would begin maybe a few years down the road, with Dean settled in to his happy normal life before being pulled out of it by Sam's return. Sort of the opposite of how the show started.
    That would have made things feel too much like THE END, I think, and the next season would end up feeling like an unnecessary add-on following a sufficient conclusion.

    And they can still do a time skip, which I agree is kind of a good idea.
    You'd be reversing Sam and Dean's positions in the first season, making Dean the guy who's attached to normal life and Sam the unwelcome reminder of what the world is really like. Parallels with the first season seem appropriate for a finale, and giving Dean two families to consider would give the writers a fresh conflict and new means of examining the themes of family and accompanying responsibility that have been so important to the series.

    Robos A Go Go on
  • Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I agree with the above. It's almost the only way they can go, really, given how neat and tidy things are as they stand.

    Professor Phobos on
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    nerve wrote: »
    Sentry wrote: »
    back to the finale...

    freaking loved it. I thought they really nailed everything. My one complaint is the very end...
    I didn't like Sam standing under the lamppost. I was kind of hoping next season would begin maybe a few years down the road, with Dean settled in to his happy normal life before being pulled out of it by Sam's return. Sort of the opposite of how the show started.

    Pretty much what I was thinking....

    There wasn't any indication of when that scene was taking place
    While there is nothing definite, there are a number of visual cues which would lead one to believe it was shortly after Sam was chucked into the cage. And even if there weren't, there is certainly no indication that it doesn't take place immediately after that.

    Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS
    edited May 2010
    Seriously, did we watch different finales? That did not finish things off 'neat and tidy'.

    DarkWarrior on
  • Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Seriously, did we watch different finales? That did not finish things off 'neat and tidy'.

    What makes you say that? I thought all the major points of conflict were resolved pretty well.

    Professor Phobos on
  • ArkasArkas Registered User
    edited May 2010
    I'm actually fairly disappointed with the finale for two reasons:
    One: Castiel rebelled against heaven, killed other angels, lost all his powers, blew himself up, died twice, and what does he do at the end? Says, 'Well I'm off' and poofs out of the car. I mean, I get that maybe his character wouldn't stick around if the rest of the angel arc was done, but geez, at least act like it's a tough decision or something. (Not to mention this crushes my dream of him being part of the awesome trio, killin' ghosts and wendigos and whatnot on a kickass road trip in season 6).

    And number two: Seriously Dean's girlfriend was in one episode, wtf. She got less screen time than Racist Ghost Truck Chick. Them bringing in Adam for the occasional abrupt episode and expecting us to have any emotional attachment to him was bad enough - but at least he just seemed to exist to fall into a hole and now we're done with him. This girl seems like she's a long-running plot point, and it's just sloppy writing that they didn't bother to show any buildup of this relationship. Or any foreshadowing. Or setup. Or anything. Left field endings are baaad.

    Also, what kid wants a PTSD depressed ex-ghostkiller step-dad. Who's gonna ditch him for a season 6 road trip, obviously. Yuck.

    EDIT:
    Oh, and
    This may be the Trickster fangirl in me, but really? Michael never pulls a 'Hey you murdered our brother' line? I kept waiting for that.

    4/22/10 NEVER FORGET.

    Arkas on
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS
    edited May 2010
    What Arkas said.
    Plus thats meant to wrap up the ancient battle between Heaven and Hell? The battle the boys were born for?

    Except oop, replacement found.

    It would've made a fine penultimate episode of the series, but not a finale. Imagine if that was literally the end of the series with Dean hooking up with random girl who I literally cannot remember despite having followed this series from the start, thats how insignificant she is to us and the show.

    And thats ignoring all the little questions just from Lucifer like why he had to leash Death when hes a Horseman and has a role to play or the presence and yet absence of God.

    DarkWarrior on
  • PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Dean's girl has been in multiple episodes, including the dream one where it is revealed that living a normal life with her is his happiest fantasy. They've been setting that up for a long time.

    Phillishere on
    Nitsua
  • ArkasArkas Registered User
    edited May 2010
    It wouldn't be hard to set up! They wouldn't even have to pay her actress any extra. Just have Sam catch Dean texting her here and there when he thought Sam wasn't looking. Something to imply that she wasn't just one of the gazillion girls he's picked up across the series. Or that he actually still thought about her/was serious about her/etc.

    Right now, at best, she's just Random Girl Who Symbolizes a Normal Life. I mean, they could swap her actress entirely and I bet at least half the audience wouldn't notice.

    And in regards to what Phillishere said:
    And the girl in the genie dream wasn't her. That was a model from a beer ad. Which kinda proves my point about the actress thing.

    Arkas on
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS
    edited May 2010
    Its kinda like introducing someone and saying that the character is their long-lost brother that John conveniently chose to keep away from the harm he exposed the other two to only to reveal he was dead all along and then bring him back and have the boys care or expect us to care.

    Oh wait.

    People don't automaticalyl care for people just because they have the same father.

    And we don't care either.

    DarkWarrior on
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Arkas wrote: »
    It wouldn't be hard to set up! They wouldn't even have to pay her actress any extra. Just have Sam catch Dean texting her here and there when he thought Sam wasn't looking. Something to imply that she wasn't just one of the gazillion girls he's picked up across the series. Or that he actually still thought about her/was serious about her/etc.

    Right now, at best, she's just Random Girl Who Symbolizes a Normal Life. I mean, they could swap her actress entirely and I bet at least half the audience wouldn't notice.

    And in regards to what Phillishere said:
    And the girl in the genie dream wasn't her. That was a model from a beer ad. Which kinda proves my point about the actress thing.
    for me, that would have completely cheapened it. It was meant to be a girl and a life he could never have. What you want just isn't possible for the show (not the least of which because they can't write a female character to save their lives, nor keep one alive long enough to do it any kind of justice). I get why you're upset I guess, but the nature of the show just makes it so that this is how it has to be.

    Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS
    edited May 2010
    Sentry wrote: »
    Arkas wrote: »
    It wouldn't be hard to set up! They wouldn't even have to pay her actress any extra. Just have Sam catch Dean texting her here and there when he thought Sam wasn't looking. Something to imply that she wasn't just one of the gazillion girls he's picked up across the series. Or that he actually still thought about her/was serious about her/etc.

    Right now, at best, she's just Random Girl Who Symbolizes a Normal Life. I mean, they could swap her actress entirely and I bet at least half the audience wouldn't notice.

    And in regards to what Phillishere said:
    And the girl in the genie dream wasn't her. That was a model from a beer ad. Which kinda proves my point about the actress thing.
    for me, that would have completely cheapened it. It was meant to be a girl and a life he could never have. What you want just isn't possible for the show (not the least of which because they can't write a female character to save their lives, nor keep one alive long enough to do it any kind of justice). I get why you're upset I guess, but the nature of the show just makes it so that this is how it has to be.

    I liked pre-stupid Ruby.

    Amd theres absolutely no exploration of the thrown-in-at-the-last-minute revelation that Sams entire normal life was entirely
    orchestrated by Azazeal for pointless reasons

    Since Brady took care of the important part

    DarkWarrior on
  • ArkasArkas Registered User
    edited May 2010
    Sentry wrote: »
    not the least of which because they can't write a female character to save their lives, nor keep one alive long enough to do it any kind of justice

    This is so true.

    At least with Cas they pulled off writing someone cool enough to be worth encroaching on the two-brothers dynamic. I never woulda believed they could do that back in season 1 or 2.

    Arkas on
  • LanzLanz Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Arkas wrote: »
    I'm actually fairly disappointed with the finale for two reasons:
    And number two: Seriously Dean's girlfriend was in one episode, wtf. She got less screen time than Racist Ghost Truck Chick. Them bringing in Adam for the occasional abrupt episode and expecting us to have any emotional attachment to him was bad enough - but at least he just seemed to exist to fall into a hole and now we're done with him. This girl seems like she's a long-running plot point, and it's just sloppy writing that they didn't bother to show any buildup of this relationship. Or any foreshadowing. Or setup. Or anything. Left field endings are baaad.

    Also, what kid wants a PTSD depressed ex-ghostkiller step-dad. Who's gonna ditch him for a season 6 road trip, obviously. Yuck.
    She's been in at least two before the finale, and it wasn't left field, considering she appeared several episodes back when Dean was considering saying yes to Michael, and then with Sam telling Dean that, once he's in hell to go back to her, considering that they did all the build up a season or two before hand and dangled the possibility that the kid was Dean's


    On that note, did they ever fully deny that he's Dean's son? I remember she said he wasn't, but I didn't know if that was a lie to make Dean feel better about leaving or what.

    Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • ArkasArkas Registered User
    edited May 2010
    WAIT.

    MISSOURI.


    The psychic from season 1. She was female, and she rocked.

    Arkas on
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS
    edited May 2010
    Oh, and it ignores the fact that every demon in existence would be intent on tearing out Dean's guts for what hes done.

    DarkWarrior on
  • ArkasArkas Registered User
    edited May 2010
    And every angel. I mean, Michael was kinda important. He and Sam helped dump the warrior of heaven into hell.

    Arkas on
  • ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    This has nothing to do with the finale discussion. I just thought it was funny.
    SPN-supernatural-11869593-650-740.jpg

    Reznik on
    Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
    Fry
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The only women I can distinctly remember besides Ruby are the bartender's daughter, the hot psychic, and the werewolf girl, and I only liked the latter two.

    Robos A Go Go on
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS
    edited May 2010
    Arkas wrote: »
    And every angel. I mean, Michael was kinda important. He and Sam helped dump the warrior of heaven into hell.

    The angels might be pissed but Zach was their instigator in a lot of that and he has Cas on his side, Demons hate him already and hes fucked over their 'God'. Theres no chance of him leading a normal life without massive intervention.

    DarkWarrior on
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS
    edited May 2010
    The only women I can distinctly remember besides Ruby are the bartender's daughter, the hot psychic, and the werewolf girl, and I only liked the latter two.

    Blonde Ruby was awesome and Bella was smoking for a pain in the ass.

    DarkWarrior on
  • LanzLanz Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    What Arkas said.
    Plus thats meant to wrap up the ancient battle between Heaven and Hell? The battle the boys were born for?

    Except oop, replacement found.

    It would've made a fine penultimate episode of the series, but not a finale. Imagine if that was literally the end of the series with Dean hooking up with random girl who I literally cannot remember despite having followed this series from the start, thats how insignificant she is to us and the show.

    And thats ignoring all the little questions just from Lucifer like why he had to leash Death when hes a Horseman and has a role to play or the presence and yet absence of God.
    DarkWarrior, did you miss the whole "No, fuck your little war, get the hell out of our backyard with that" thing going on this season? The point where the cast keeps raising the notion that, hey, this entire "war" is is prophetic BS that one side is too powerhungry and father issues to give up and the other side is too damn invested in "the prophesied destiny" to give up on?

    The point that the end result was exactly what the cast was aiming for? That whole "no, let's not let Michael and Lucifer wreck the entire planet in their petty little family feud" thing?

    And honestly, I'd have been fine with that ending. Despite rarely ever seeing a rerun, let alone her premier episode, I remembered for the most part who she was, and what her past with Dean was. They only thing they'd have to change would be to make the bit with Sam more of a close than a teaser for S6.

    Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
Sign In or Register to comment.