Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Gamers in the Media

Nicole452Nicole452 Registered User
edited April 2010 in Debate and/or Discourse
Any opinions on how gamers are depicted in the media... including the news, TV shows, movies, magazines, etc?

Nicole452 on

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Do you mean other than Godless Liberal Faggots?

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • gearngearn __BANNED USERS
    edited April 2010
    They do a pretty good job.

gearn on
  • NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    uh, sorry nicole, but you might want to buff up that opening post there

i mean of course we're all gonna have opinions, being that we are on a forum for a game-culture webcomic, but you might want to start the ball roling a bit. what made you start this thread? did you see something interesting recently that made you change your opinion or outrage you perhaps?

Nuzak on
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Was there some kind of recent controversy that prompted the OP?

Pro gamers are rockstars in South Korea who claim they're recognized in public sometimes. The only pro gamers in America who I can think of is that Fatal1ty guy.

emnmnme on
  • SipexSipex Registered User
    edited April 2010
    What about that guy who was on one of those reality TV shows? I remember mention of a pro smash bros player getting roped into one of those.

Sipex on
    Horseshoe wrote:
    I've got good news and bad news about 6th level, That Guy. The good news is that Forbiddance spell allows you to prevent enemies different alignment from entering a consecrated area, which is actually useful! The bad news is that the only other new sixth level spell makes lunch for everybody. Guess which one the party is going to expect you to cast.
  • SliderSlider Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    jp-grandmas-boy5.jpg

Slider on
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited April 2010
    Nicole452 wrote: »
    Any opinions on how gamers are depicted in the media... including the news, TV shows, movies, magazines, etc?

Yes.

ElJeffe on
    Maddie: "I named my feet. The left one is flip and the right one is flop. Oh, and also I named my flip-flops."

I make tweet.
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited April 2010
    (Try again, but this time with more than a generic sentence, and maybe include your own thoughts.)

ElJeffe on
    Maddie: "I named my feet. The left one is flip and the right one is flop. Oh, and also I named my flip-flops."

I make tweet.
This discussion has been closed.