As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[RADlands] Ho down in Bro town

• Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Damage system has the issue of requiring two hits. May not seem bad, but for things like, I don't know, massive, city-wide explosions the issue is that, unless it Crits and kills everyone, it won't kill anyone.

New System has a separate "Hit" roll which you throw after you deal Stress. Compare Hit roll to Critical+Target's Stress and Other Modifiers, and, if you rolled under that, you Wound them. You also compare the Hit roll against your weapon's Lethality, making it a little cleaner.

Basically, the same rules 100% has.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I guess wounds are like those Traits from the other system, just you know, they will probably have bad effects.

Like minor, specific versions of Hard Knock Life.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Sure, if it works no problem.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    DontShootToastersDontShootToasters the prettiest bulb at the ballRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    We haven't been using the new damage system long enough for me to feel strongly either way, so I'm fine with whatever de?ad thinks is best

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Seriously though, what are the odds of Joseph rolling a 2%?

D:

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    We haven't been using the new damage system long enough for me to feel strongly either way, so I'm fine with whatever de?ad thinks is best

This.

But I'm worried wounds will become common occurrence and really bog people down.

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Dead just wants to make it easier to kill us

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    DE?AD wrote: »
    Patch soon, which will have the much better new damage rules. [tiny][Sorta tempted to just use the 100% rules.][/tiny]

I'm pretty cool with the damage rules for what it's worth.
    [Dan, Interrupted]
    URL="http://glossolalia-rpg.pbworks.com/Sydney-%22Syd%22-McGee"]Sydney[/URL[P: 25%][S: 15%][M: 65%][Stress: 35%][RAD 0%]

Syd slowly backs away from the approaching mutants positioning herself between the light of her fire and mutants. She mutters to Bob mentally.
    <Hey. Mister Man of a Thousand Weapons. Check my Backpack. I found some whiskey earlier. Should still be there>
    The teenaged pyro throws her hands out ready to turn whomever moves first into bar-b-que.

NeoToma on
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

D:

Uh, exactly 1%?

Edit: Speaking of which, how do you roll for things DE?AD? You use one of them fancy online rollers?

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

D:

About 1/100.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Vis: Wounds don't have definite applications like that. They may come up.

Lock: Mutant Strength now functions as above, but also grants a 1:1 bonus to Lethality.

Patch soon, which will have the much better new damage rules. [tiny][Sorta tempted to just use the 100% rules.][/tiny]

oh, I actually messed up on fixing Strength on the wiki, meant to change the Agility damage bonus to the Defending penalty thing and accidentally changed Strength instead. so Strength is the same as Agility + a Lethality bonus now?

and what about the Ad? or should I just take Adorable?

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Dammit Marsh.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Harhar.

Also Lock you should probably help them refill the sub.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    DontShootToastersDontShootToasters the prettiest bulb at the ballRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I think adorable works well enough for RB

it's what's on the inside that counts

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2010
    how is this going? i'm considering rejoining.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    DE?AD just reworked all of the rules

details are in the OP

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    You totally should orik

We just got new rules!

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    how is this going? i'm considering rejoining.

We're finishing off a round of missions so now is actually not a bad time.

We're also in the middle of a new rules system implementation. So everyone's pretty new to it.

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    GOD

Fucking

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I meant Brutality, Lock. Mutant Strength and Agility do entirely different things, and are balanced as is. Brutality gains a the Lethality bonus.

I use the Wizard's Dice Roller, Marsh.

I'm glad people were cool with the current damage, but it was sort of fundamentally broken, for the reasons noted above. It would mean that, unless someone Crit (which was a low chance) you would have to hit someone twice - which doesn't make a lot of sense for high-powered explosions and, y'know, tank rounds.

Yay! Orik might come back!

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    More like Slow Racer.

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    fastest poster on the forums my ass

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Orikkkkk

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Also I haven't a clue what happened to Rel

did he die or is he just retired on the island?

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    He just sort of disappeared. Which I think was appropriate.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    It really depends if Orik wants to play him again.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    URL="http://glossolalia-rpg.pbworks.com/Wolf"]Wolf[/URL[150%][P]60+20/10% 20% [M]30% Stress Stressed Out! RAD 75%

Wench! Wolf's head screams as it throbs, and he jumps up from the floor of the elevator, no longer able to stand idly by. "I say," Wolf coughs, "It's a good thing I'm a natural swimmer, what!" he growls, grinning, as he gallops over the edge into the pool, slamming his weight down on the mutant queen, gripping onto her as he forces her to the bottom of the deep end. "Rarrghblarghblgharglh" the bubbles come streaming out of his mouth as he wrenches her face into the suction vacuum.

Going with Mutant Brute Caste Mutant Rage.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Scarlet how did you manage to get the wrong text color after all this time

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Wrong color.

Also, you can only go into Brute or Swift Rage when Stressed Out as a Supreme.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    dammit scarlet

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Wrong color.

Also, you can only go into Brute or Swift Rage when Stressed Out as a Supreme.

I am stressed out?
    e: oh, didn't update the stat text. Also RAD poisoned, obvs.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Scarlet how did you manage to get the wrong text color after all this time

I wasn't looking, okay

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Also man, jim/tom, keep doin' what yer doing. The more stress we build on her the better. I'm willing to take a 5-10% wound to help end this. Why scoff when we're totally fucked?

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I think I'm gonna be at 30% stress after this action with rad poisoning

her high [P] and decent seem to make me think that a [M] attack should knock her the fuck out

and that's not including tetsuo

and I'm not totally sure I know how tetsuo works

is it like a +100 modifier to the attack roll?

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    URL="http://glossolalia-rpg.pbworks.com/Chet-Lumbowski"]Chet[/URL[140%]
    [P]30% 20% [M]30% Stress 0% RAD RAD Poisoned

While waiting for Bro, Chet can't help but think about Marrisylda/

"Man, she was a real jerk, huh Wolf? I mean, she ignored me like I wasn't even there. Me, the giant floating head. Plus, what was her deal with humans? If she so much better then a human then why don't she... uh.. why don't she say that to that mustachioed man's face? Don't know why those other mutants followed her. we aren't the mutants who like humans, are we?" Chet thinks about this for a few moments and comes to a decision. "You know what? I'm gonna give her a piece of my mind." Chet storms off back to where Bro is.

Chet enters the room to see Marrisylda dive out the window. "H-hey! No, You're not leaving until I've had my say!"

Floating as fast as he can toward the window, Chet latches his mind onto the falling mutant's ankle and hauls her back up. Keeping her away from the window but above cement and not water, Chet smiles.

"Hello, my name is Chet. You probably didn't notice me because you're a stuck-up bitch. Also I think you're wrong about humans!" Chet says with a 'What do you think about that?' face.

Chet turns to the group and, having wanted to say this for a long time, says, "Mind if I take out the trash?"

Shabooty on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Since it's a bonus to the ability and the ability is factored into your damage and attack, it's a bonus to both.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    Thor4242Thor4242 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    [Asylum]

URL="http://glossolalia-rpg.pbworks.com/Bob"]Bob[/URL[140%][Host:Syd]
    [P] 0% 20% [M] 60% Stress:
    0%/60% Rad: 15%/60%

Bob reaches into Syd's pack and pulls out a bottle of whiskey. Her scissors vanish into Bob's pocket. Bob throws the whiskey at one of the BPs and it bursts just before hitting the critter, releasing a small cloud highly flammable liquid right onto it."

Misc action to aid Syd. We even have a suitable prop! Sorry about the scissors though. His kleptomania is acting up again. ^_^

Thor4242 on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Chet, freeze the pool.

PLEASE

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    oh my god, yes shabooty

listen to the bad man

Tommy2Hands on