As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Let's Play] Afraid of Monsters:Director's Cut! Part 19 1/6/10

Cyrus106Cyrus106 Registered User regular
edited August 2011 in Games and Technology
Hello I am Cyrus106, I have been LPing for Well over a year The only problem you may notice is my mic, and in my newer episodes (part 11+) I have a new mic that sounds a lot better. Edit: In even later parts, I had my power supply replaced and all the static in my videos in now gone!
Background:This is a horror mod for the PC game Half-life, I am a giant Half-Life fan(the first FPS I ever played)and have played it for many years :).
aomdc.jpg

*Intro to the game:
Your name is David Leatherhoff, and you're addicted to a new painkiller from a company unknown

They keep coming, and you can't stop taking them.

Lately you have started to experience illusions, dreams picking at your deepest and darkest fears.

Finally, you go to the Hospital, seeking help. First, however, you make a stop into the bathroom, where another bottle of pills awaits you, standing out like a beacon in the night in your depraved eyes.

When will it all stop?

Afraid of Monsters: Director's Cut is a survival horror mod for Half-Life 1. It is an enhanced version of the original Afraid of Monsters.

•New monsters (no Half-Life reskin) and weapons
•Flashlight can only work with batteries that you pick up(FUCKING SHIT)
•Improved maps and totally new maps
•4 different endings and altarnate routes
•Random monster spawns(Oh no....)
•New hud, sprites, textures, sounds, models and animations
•And a lot of other improvements!

So, this LP will consist of me being scared out of my mind by this game, it doesn't actually get scary till you turn off the lights, then shit hits the fan! I take constructive critism well, and usually post one part every day/every other day. This is my second Let's Play

*Why I'm LPing this: I played the original version, which was an AMAZING horror game, the only one to actually scare me on a regular basis. It was developed by one person and was pure awesome. My friend on Youtube requested I play this, and I agreed to it, so here I am.

*Why I LP: I've watched many LPs, the first I ever watched was Cloud8745's Silent hill 2 LP, and it was very interesting.

Part 1: The toilet of DOOM
Part 2: Flashlight rationing SUCKS
Part 3: A janitor named janitor
Part 4: One word, WHEELCHAIR.
Part 5 Enter ArmoredScout1 He's the guy that requested this Let's Play, he knows a shitload about the game, I'm running blind. Should be interesting. This was my first time using a screen sharing program(it causes lag at points, it's annoying) and also the window would cut out at times -_-.
Enjoy anyway.

Part 6: Idiocy Abound:
Part 7: WHAT IN GOD'S NAME IS THAT??!
Part 8: It is statistically proven that looking at a ceiling FUCKING KILLS YOU
Part 9: "Technical Difficulties"
Part 10: "Backtracking? FUUUU"
Part 11: "It's Good to be back"
Part 12: "Cyrus is gone!" Sorry about the weird box-like video frame, youtube fucked up the upload
Part 13 FISSION MAILED
Part 14 Bad Captions are bad
Part 14: Bad captions are bad "We're Pregnant"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUuVNSA8JMc

To maximize the hilarity of this part, please watch it on youtube itself, not in the embed, also watch it WITH captions on, the badly translated machine captions on youtube create engrish subtitles that are really funny.

Part 15: Heartattack and I suck at driving (As a side-note, after this episode I am using a DivX encoder, which vastly improves my video quality)
Part 16: Bed and Brekkist:
Part 17: Leisurely Stroll (x-mas special part 1):
Part 18: EPIC NERDS(x-mas special part 2):
Part 19: PARANOID AS HELL(x-mas special part 3):
Part 20: What in Heaven's name?:
Part 21: The Truth.....

Cyrus106 on