As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Chat] Dragon's Revenge

1222325272840

Posts

  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Bogart wrote: »

    She will not be truly mine until her spirit is completely broken. hang on. I hear her crying in the kitchen. Time to go remind her that no one likes running mascara.

    You have an unnatural advantage here bogart. For those of who don't look like Clarence Boddiker we have to work at it! You're like the kenyan marathon runner!

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Smurph wrote: »
    That D&D&D&D thing looks like something I would lose interest in way too fast.

    yea well so's your FACE

    in other news

    tonight. 7:45. hippodrome.

    there is a small chance this WON'T happen but it is very small

    Aw hell yeah. You need a ride?

    Smurph on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    man, I never listened to the B side of Discreet Music. It's fucking gorgeous

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_VluBnUns8

    Podly on
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    LaOs wrote: »
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    What the fuck, dude

    If I recall, Than's opinion on 4E is that it's a pretty good tactical miniatures game, but not an RPG.

    Here, he's saying that Raiden will still be able to say he hasn't played an RPG ever even after playing 4E, because it's not an RPG to him.

    I realize what he's doing, it's just retarded.

    Especially because when I say "I want to play an RPG" I mean "I want to play a game where the substance and plot of the game is primarily built of imagination and interaction instead of being prepackaged for me, and I want to make an original character with a unique backstory and interact with other players while roleplaying as this character."

    The actual mechanics of how we beat shit up doesn't really matter to me.

    Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Smurph wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Smurph wrote: »
    That D&D&D&D thing looks like something I would lose interest in way too fast.

    yea well so's your FACE

    in other news

    tonight. 7:45. hippodrome.

    there is a small chance this WON'T happen but it is very small

    Aw hell yeah. You need a ride?

    no, erin and I are gonna walk there, we need to hit the library and its on the way

    Arch on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    Both of these scenarios take place at home. What can I do when we are out on the town?

    Or is going out on the town my first mistake?

    The town can be a good time to degrade, but be careful, be too open about it and someone might try and step in and "show you how to treat a lady" this is a empty threat, but still it might give her confidence that other people like her. It's best to openly oogle other ladies, mention how big the waitresses breasts are and "How she likes to swing'em" and suggest you swing by the exercise section so "You can find shit that'll lift up that ass."

    Also if you are regrettably clothes shopping, suggest she go to maternity "Because normal clothes won't fit you" this works even if she looks like skeletor.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong For Workgroups Version 3.11 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    This comic bothered me in a total football nerd way. That's clearly a Giants uniform and No. 23 on the Giants is Corey Webster. Who the fuck would buy a jersey for a back up linebacker, especially during his sophmore year!?

    At least it's a real score ball team and player.

    Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • BogartBogart Gonna Be A Man In Motion Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    jacobkosh wrote: »

    Believe me, I am taking notes

    The best thing to do is point out how women on tv look better than she does because they work at it. Also loud porn while she's trying to read, degrading porn is the best for this.

    "See sweetie? It ain't hurting her."

    Bogart on
  • Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User
    edited April 2010
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Especially because when I say "I want to play an RPG" I mean "I want to play a game where the substance and plot of the game is primarily built of imagination and interaction instead of being prepackaged for me, and I want to make an original character with a unique backstory and interact with other players while roleplaying as this character."

    The actual mechanics of how we beat shit up doesn't really matter to me.

    I'm not going to lie to you, 4E appears to have less of this than previous editions.

    Aroused Bull on
  • SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Smurph wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Smurph wrote: »
    That D&D&D&D thing looks like something I would lose interest in way too fast.

    yea well so's your FACE

    in other news

    tonight. 7:45. hippodrome.

    there is a small chance this WON'T happen but it is very small

    Aw hell yeah. You need a ride?

    no, erin and I are gonna walk there, we need to hit the library and its on the way

    Ok, let me know if the plans change.

    Smurph on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited April 2010
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    LaOs wrote: »
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    What the fuck, dude

    If I recall, Than's opinion on 4E is that it's a pretty good tactical miniatures game, but not an RPG.

    Here, he's saying that Raiden will still be able to say he hasn't played an RPG ever even after playing 4E, because it's not an RPG to him.

    I realize what he's doing, it's just retarded.

    Especially because when I say "I want to play an RPG" I mean "I want to play a game where the substance and plot of the game is primarily built of imagination and interaction instead of being prepackaged for me, and I want to make an original character with a unique backstory and interact with other players while roleplaying as this character."

    The actual mechanics of how we beat shit up doesn't really matter to me.

    This concept still eludes a terrifying number of people, though.

    --

    Preacher, turn this shit into an infomercial and you can just have my wallet

    magnolia.jpg

    Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Its posts like this that remind me why I get shit from people I've never talked to.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    LaOs wrote: »
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    What the fuck, dude

    If I recall, Than's opinion on 4E is that it's a pretty good tactical miniatures game, but not an RPG.

    Here, he's saying that Raiden will still be able to say he hasn't played an RPG ever even after playing 4E, because it's not an RPG to him.

    I realize what he's doing, it's just retarded.

    Especially because when I say "I want to play an RPG" I mean "I want to play a game where the substance and plot of the game is primarily built of imagination and interaction instead of being prepackaged for me, and I want to make an original character with a unique backstory and interact with other players while roleplaying as this character."

    The actual mechanics of how we beat shit up doesn't really matter to me.

    This concept still eludes a terrifying number of people, though.

    --

    Preacher, turn this shit into an infomercial and you can just have my wallet

    magnolia.jpg

    God magnolia was awful, even Cruise's hilarious speech couldn't save the movie. It was just so disjointed and honestly not one character worth liking in the entire fucking movie, a triumph.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Extra hour of work today makes me unhappy. But Red Robin followed by Kick-Ass might make it alllll better.

    YamiNoSenshi on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited April 2010
    GTA or lawn mowing?

    Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    One of our wholesale accounts stopped getting product from us a few weeks ago. We sent them a final statement, and they refused to pay over 40 invoices (about $3100 worth), because they didn't have copies. They told us, they needed security stamped and signed copies from us before they'd pay.

    Several of these invoices are over a year old. The paper copies are long gone. Some that we did have weren't stamped. They didn't care how old the invoices were, or that it was their fault they hadn't paid. No stamp, they're not paying.

    So after mulling over just sending it to collections, my boss gets the genius idea to take one of the invoice copies that we do have a stamp on, send it to a stamp company, and get a stamp made for us. This goes well. They ship the stamp.

    To the company that owes us money, because they took the "Ship To" address off the invoice.

    A few phone calls later, they're sending out a return ship label to the company that owes us money, we got the stamp last Friday. Went through and stamped all the invoices yesterday, "signed" them today, and shipped them off. So we'll see how it goes!

    matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Reading an old thread has helped me appreciate the silly goose rule all the more.

    Leitner on
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Especially because when I say "I want to play an RPG" I mean "I want to play a game where the substance and plot of the game is primarily built of imagination and interaction instead of being prepackaged for me, and I want to make an original character with a unique backstory and interact with other players while roleplaying as this character."

    The actual mechanics of how we beat shit up doesn't really matter to me.

    I'm not going to lie to you, 4E appears to have less of this than previous editions.

    O_o

    I just don't really get how this would be a symptom of the game itself and not of the DM running it.

    I mean, to me the actual game would just be a framework used to express the collective storytelling of the roleplaying.

    Can you clarify a bit on how 4E dropped the RP from RPG?

    Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Leitner wrote: »
    Reading an old thread has helped me appreciate the silly goose rule all the more.

    yes!

    Arch on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Leitner wrote: »
    Reading an old thread has helped me appreciate the silly goose rule all the more.

    I dunno people just take it to pms instead. Like you don't know how awful I truely am until the court case against jacob is resolved.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    Oh that silly Thanatos being a silly goose.

    And not even in a Cop thread.
    Preacher wrote: »
    Leitner wrote: »
    Reading an old thread has helped me appreciate the silly goose rule all the more.

    I dunno people just take it to pms instead. Like you don't know how awful I truely am until the court case against jacob is resolved.

    Which is where it belongs.

    No one needs to know the things you say to me.

    Sheep on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Sheep wrote: »
    Oh that silly Thanatos being a silly goose.

    And not even in a Cop thread.
    Preacher wrote: »
    Leitner wrote: »
    Reading an old thread has helped me appreciate the silly goose rule all the more.

    I dunno people just take it to pms instead. Like you don't know how awful I truely am until the court case against jacob is resolved.

    Which is where it belongs.

    No one needs to know the things you say to me.

    Sheep those are private thoughts, they are meant for you, much like a rapists warm carress after a night of sodomy.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Sheep wrote: »
    Oh that silly Thanatos being a silly goose.

    And not even in a Cop thread.
    Preacher wrote: »
    Leitner wrote: »
    Reading an old thread has helped me appreciate the silly goose rule all the more.

    I dunno people just take it to pms instead. Like you don't know how awful I truely am until the court case against jacob is resolved.

    Which is where it belongs.

    No one needs to know the things you say to me.

    Sheep those are private thoughts, they are meant for you, much like a rapists warm carress after a night of sodomy.

    *queue's bro rape youtube video*

    Sheep on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Sheep wrote: »
    Oh that silly Thanatos being a silly goose.

    And not even in a Cop thread.
    Your words were "don't worry about money," and "if you're worried about it, you're not ready for marriage."

    Those are both fantastically stupid things to say.

    Thanatos on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    A personal fave sheep. I hate when I make a derricks ref and people just think I like to rape men... I mean I love raping men damn it!

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Sheep wrote: »
    Oh that silly Thanatos being a silly goose.

    And not even in a Cop thread.
    Your words were "don't worry about money," and "if you're worried about it, you're not ready for marriage."

    Those are both fantastically stupid things to say.

    Aren't financial problems like the number 1 reason for most divorces?

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Especially because when I say "I want to play an RPG" I mean "I want to play a game where the substance and plot of the game is primarily built of imagination and interaction instead of being prepackaged for me, and I want to make an original character with a unique backstory and interact with other players while roleplaying as this character."

    The actual mechanics of how we beat shit up doesn't really matter to me.

    I'm not going to lie to you, 4E appears to have less of this than previous editions.

    O_o

    I just don't really get how this would be a symptom of the game itself and not of the DM running it.

    I mean, to me the actual game would just be a framework used to express the collective storytelling of the roleplaying.

    Can you clarify a bit on how 4E dropped the RP from RPG?
    It's a tactical miniatures game, with some very loosely tacked-on RPing rules.

    Thanatos on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Sheep wrote: »
    Oh that silly Thanatos being a silly goose.

    And not even in a Cop thread.
    Your words were "don't worry about money," and "if you're worried about it, you're not ready for marriage."

    Those are both fantastically stupid things to say.

    When taken wildly out of context, you're right.

    But since I said that the guy seems to be ridiculously concerned over how much money his fiancee makes, then he may not be ready for marriage.

    And that second thing in quotations?

    No, I did not type that. Don't just make shit up.

    Sheep on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Especially because when I say "I want to play an RPG" I mean "I want to play a game where the substance and plot of the game is primarily built of imagination and interaction instead of being prepackaged for me, and I want to make an original character with a unique backstory and interact with other players while roleplaying as this character."

    The actual mechanics of how we beat shit up doesn't really matter to me.

    I'm not going to lie to you, 4E appears to have less of this than previous editions.

    O_o

    I just don't really get how this would be a symptom of the game itself and not of the DM running it.

    I mean, to me the actual game would just be a framework used to express the collective storytelling of the roleplaying.

    Can you clarify a bit on how 4E dropped the RP from RPG?
    It's a tactical miniatures game, with some very loosely tacked-on RPing rules.

    From what i have seen, I may have to disagree with you here

    but i don't know very well

    Arch on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Brian Eno needs more love

    nexuscrawler on
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    My, at least I managed to pull off about 45 minutes on the bike. I'm really out of shape.

    Haphazard on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Haps thanks for the bday spam :P

    nexuscrawler on
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Haps thanks for the bday spam :P

    Spamspamspamspamspam! Just for you. :)

    Haphazard on
  • thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Haphazard wrote: »
    My, at least I managed to pull off about 45 minutes on the bike. I'm really out of shape.

    i started back on my bike on the 20th. my quads have just now recovered.

    45 minutes is pretty good though! flat or hilly?

    thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Haphazard wrote: »
    My, at least I managed to pull off about 45 minutes on the bike. I'm really out of shape.

    No preacher just no.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    1296_4_081.jpg

    superdickery never gets old

    nexuscrawler on
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I own a non-Steam version of GTAIV.

    Do I want a Steam version, too?

    Tav on
  • BobCescaBobCesca Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ok. Reading the last page has made me worried that japan just hasn't got to the crushing my soul part of the relationship yet.

    D:

    BobCesca on
  • thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Haphazard wrote: »
    My, at least I managed to pull off about 45 minutes on the bike. I'm really out of shape.

    No preacher just no.

    do it! i want to see what you see!

    thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Haphazard wrote: »
    My, at least I managed to pull off about 45 minutes on the bike. I'm really out of shape.

    i started back on my bike on the 20th. my quads have just now recovered.

    45 minutes is pretty good though! flat or hilly?

    I'm trying to walk more (at least an extended walk, 5 to 8 km, once a week) and ride the stationary (at least three times a week). It's hard to get started. Again.

    Haphazard on
This discussion has been closed.