As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

When Women Lost Their [Chat]s

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So It Goes wrote: »
    I didn't get the job I thought I might get.

I guess I will console myself by buying SCII CE.

Aw, I'm sorry, SIG.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    man. I can't believe new games are around 20% profit margin and used is closer to 70%. That's insane.

I kind of enjoyed Bioware's "Fuck you Gamestop" with that whole Cerberus Network thing for ME2.

Nocturne on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Chicken burger turned out nicely.

Gonna watch something with the hubby.

Be good to each other, [chat].

Passerbye on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    man. I can't believe new games are around 20% profit margin and used is closer to 70%. That's insane.

Yeah, and then if you add in the risk of overstocking a game that won't sell (IIRC, retailers took a huge bath on 50 Cent: Bulletproof) it makes it totally pointless to try to base a retail business around new titles. New titles just bring in traffic for either accessories, or used titles.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Drez wrote: »

Sorry :(

And are you any good at SC? I'm pretty much convinced at this point that I will just play through the story and that's it.

No I'm pretty sure I suck at it.

So It Goes on
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    What is the word for when you realize that you forgot to put something obvious on a test about five minutes after you turned it in?

Couscous on
    edited April 2010
    Drez wrote: »

Sorry :(

And are you any good at SC? I'm pretty much convinced at this point that I will just play through the story and that's it.

No I'm pretty sure I suck at it.

Me too!

We need to create our own league below the Copper league.

Nocturne on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »
    "House Bill 2656 would make it illegal to sue a doctor claiming "wrongful birth" because the doctor failed to convince the mother to abort a child."

Am I reading that wrong? I don't really get what that means and it seems like suing a doctor for that would be all kinds of silly goosery, meaning I'm in favor of that bill? But being in favor of any bill in that article sounds like it makes me a silly goose.

Yeah I don't understand it either.
    Actually what it does is prevents the mother from suing if the doctor withholds information. Say the doctor knows the baby is going to be born with downs, or hydrocephalic, or missing limbs. Under that bill, the doctor doesn't have to tell the mother that, and the mother isn't allowed to sue after the baby is born based on had she known, she would've had an abortion.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
    edited April 2010
    Couscous wrote: »
    What is the word for when you realize that you forgot to put something obvious on a test about five minutes after you turned it in?

FUCK ME!

Nocturne on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Squaziblogosh

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I am at the top of the suck brigade in SC2.

Sarksus on
    edited April 2010
    Magic Workstation's database features are firmly stuck in 2003 though.

I'd rather just have a fucking SQL database of all Magic cards ever, let me build my own queries. if I had the SQL data, give me a weekend and I'll make a web-based front-end that kicks the shit out of Magic Workstation.

I would let Richard Garfield fuck me for access to Gatherer's raw data.

Feral on

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I've found BC2 to be more fun than SC2.

Just like healing people too much.

Quid on
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Mori I need to redo my powers is that ok?

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

Remorse?

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'd preorder SC2 but if Blizzard won't play ball with Valve..man I just don't know.

With very few exceptions (a crazy deal at amazon basically) I buy -all- my games through steam

Ludious on
    edited April 2010
    Are any of you D&D insiders?

Is it worth a subscription?

Drez on
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ludious wrote: »
    I'd preorder SC2 but if Blizzard won't play ball with Valve..man I just don't know.

With very few exceptions (a crazy deal at amazon basically) I buy -all- my games through steam

Word. Though I'd let this slide since anything registered with your Battlenet account can be redownloaded for free.

Quid on
    edited April 2010
    Just a suggestion regarding D&D&D&D... let people have one free respec within the first 2 or 3 sessions. That's what my GM does. Nobody abuses it, it just lets people fix builds that they gimped out of unfamiliarity with the game.

Feral on

• CorbiusCorbius Shepard Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Blizzard will never be on Steam. They are making the new battle.net to be their own Steam.

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
    PSN: Corbius
    edited April 2010
    Feral wrote: »

I'd rather just have a fucking SQL database of all Magic cards ever, let me build my own queries. if I had the SQL data, give me a weekend and I'll make a web-based front-end that kicks the shit out of Magic Workstation.

That would be awesome.

I would be all for playing MTG with some PA folks online, but yeah MTGO is way too expensive. I don't have any local friends that play anymore.

Nocturne on
    edited April 2010
    I just applied to three jobs in the last couple hours!

Sarksus on
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, Steam is pretty great, but so is Blizz's online store.

Feral on

edited April 2010

I...would not hold my breath at getting SC2 on Steam. They clearly want Battle.net to be a go-to platform/interface for their games and they have yet to release anything on Steam, including WoW, even though most of the other big MMOs are featured on it.

Drez on
    edited April 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »

That would be awesome.

I would be all for playing MTG with some PA folks online, but yeah MTGO is way too expensive. I don't have any local friends that play anymore.

Do you do EDH?

If you'd be interested in online EDH, maybe we could make Magic Workstation work for us.

Edit: I'll check your answer later, I'm gonna head to Marshalls and buy a couple of shirts and then head over to the game store.

Feral on

• Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Elldren wrote: »
    Mori I need to redo my powers is that ok?

Absolutely.

And guys, if enough people are interested, you can bet I'll run a D&D game at PAX. I couldn't do lots of people, though, it would have to be a more traditional deal.

Silas Brown on
    edited April 2010
    Corbius wrote: »

Blizzard will never be on Steam. They are making the new battle.net to be their own Steam.

Which I don't mind. I mean it has the one thing I care about: The ability to re-download games you've purchased at any time and not have to worry about losing discs or CD keys.

The social networking side of Steam is alright but meh.

Nocturne on
    edited April 2010
    Just a suggestion regarding D&D&D&D... let people have one free respec within the first 2 or 3 sessions. That's what my GM does. Nobody abuses it, it just lets people fix builds that they gimped out of unfamiliarity with the game.

4E has a "retrain" option every level.

Silas Brown on
    edited April 2010
    Also I just updated my beta profile.

Maybe they will let me in now? :(

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I've applied to around 25 jobs in the past year, not counting last week.

Last week, after half my department got laid off, I've since applied for 8 jobs.

Is it wrong that part of my brain wishes I were a minority or disabled so I could get a scant few more points on federal applications?

Ludious on
    edited April 2010
    Steam's social framework is extremely important because it kicks the shit out of anything an individual game could have except for maybe Battle.net.

The framework BC2 has is pitiful and it would benefit greatly from being Steam compatible.

Sarksus on
    edited April 2010
    The new Warlord at-wills from MP 2 are essentially the old ones, but better. It's kind of unfair really :P

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited April 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »

That would be awesome.

Do you do EDH?

If you'd be interested in online EDH, maybe we could make Magic Workstation work for us.

Edit: I'll check your answer later, I'm gonna head to Marshalls and buy a couple of shirts and then head over to the game store.

Can't say I've ever played EDH, but I'll look into it.

Nocturne on
    edited April 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Steam's social framework is extremely important because it kicks the shit out of anything an individual game could have except for maybe Battle.net.

The framework BC2 has is pitiful and it would benefit greatly from being Steam compatible.

Borderlands suffers too.

I mean really? GameSpy? Who the fuck uses that anymore?

Drez on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    Anyone wanna play SC2?

JustinSane07 on
    edited April 2010
    The new Warlord at-wills from MP 2 are essentially the old ones, but better. It's kind of unfair really :P

Yeah, the Splat Power books are basically "screw everyone who doesn't have DNDInsider" books.

Silas Brown on
    edited April 2010
    Hey Feral, I'm looking at IT positions because despite having no professional experience or training I actually know what the hell I'm doing. What exactly is a company looking for when they have an "intermediate" position? Should I even bother applying? It looks like they outsource major problems to third-parties so there's nothing here that makes me think I couldn't do this.

Sarksus on
    edited April 2010

Yeah, the Splat Power books are basically "screw everyone who doesn't have DNDInsider" books.

except you don't need D&D insider

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited April 2010
    Intermediate means they want like 2-3 years prior experience or equivalent certifications/education I'd say.

Ludious on
    edited April 2010

except you don't need D&D insider

Not if you drop the $40 for the book.

Silas Brown on
This discussion has been closed.