As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Super Street Fighter IV: Team RanBat tonight at 9 eastern! Get a teammate!

1565758596062»

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So this Street Fighter game that I have been neglecting to play, is it any good?

chamberlain on
  • Options
    thepassengerthepassenger Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I hear that it's garbage. Everyone is going back to Vanilla.

thepassenger on
    PSN: ohvermie <- ADD ME FOR STREET FIGHTING ACTION!
  • Options
    shadydentistshadydentist Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I hear that it's garbage. Everyone is going back to [strike]Vanilla[/strike] Street Fighter EX.

shadydentist on
    Steam & GT
    steam_sig.png
    GT: Tanky the Tank
    Black: 1377 6749 7425
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So, Blank revealed that Guile's charge time was 50 frames, down from 55 in vanilla, which means the change is nearly imperceptible. So see, I'm not crazy, all you people who were like "WOW IT'S SO NOTICEABLE" are crazy.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I hear that it's garbage. Everyone is going back to [strike]Vanilla[/strike] Street Fighter EX.

Don't you bad mouth Skullomania.

SFEX_Skullomania.jpg

He at least as cool as Hakan. At least.

chamberlain on
  • Options
    SlayerVinSlayerVin Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I would contend that if you can consistently time a link properly (1/60 of a second), you can notice a 1/12 of a second difference.

SlayerVin on
    BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS!
  • Options
    BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I dunno, the difference between a 3 frame jab and a 7 frame attack is pretty noticeable. So is a 1 frame link from a 2 frame link.

Buddies on
  • Options
    thepassengerthepassenger Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Skullomania doesn't need no "oil" gimmick to be awesome.

wtf Capcom with Hakan's trials. It'd be nice if they mentioned that those normal link trials can only be done while he's greasy. I spent like 10 minutes on one before I remembered that greased up normals have different properties.

thepassenger on
    PSN: ohvermie <- ADD ME FOR STREET FIGHTING ACTION!
  • Options
    BarrabasBarrabas Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm certainly no expert but so far I'm not seeing a lot of huge differences in Guile.

Flash Kick moves forward further, but it's still a worse anti-air than cr.HP

df.HK is much better, and by that I mean actually usable.

Someone said you can combo f.HP off any sonic boom but I've still only done it off lp Sonic Boom. In fairness I haven't really been trying to combo it off other SB's lately and probably need to give it a try.

Other than that there's probably frame data that's changed. But I'm not skilled enough to be able to tell that stuff from my matches.

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    You forgot the shades.

The shades are op. It is one of my goals to FADC a flash kick into the shades.

chamberlain on
  • Options
    BarrabasBarrabas Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    You forgot the shades.

The shades are op. It is one of my goals to FADC a flash kick into the shades.

Oh, I haven't forgotten about the shades. The shades simply needs no explanation. Anyone who can't perceive the OP of the shades isn't worthy of talking about Guile.

And that was my goal way before it was yours, goal stealer. Don't make me go back and find my quote.

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    ChaosHat on
  • Options
    aBlankaBlank Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Barrabas wrote: »
    I'm certainly no expert but so far I'm not seeing a lot of huge differences in Guile.

Flash Kick moves forward further, but it's still a worse anti-air than cr.HP

df.HK is much better, and by that I mean actually usable.

Someone said you can combo f.HP off any sonic boom but I've still only done it off lp Sonic Boom. In fairness I haven't really been trying to combo it off other SB's lately and probably need to give it a try.

Other than that there's probably frame data that's changed. But I'm not skilled enough to be able to tell that stuff from my matches.

The only confirmed stuff that I know of:

Sonic boom is 50f charge and not 55f. Also note, Deejay's sonic boom is 50f charge... I wonder why no one here mentioned noticing that *eye roll*. Fun fact: Vega's db charge moves are all 42f and his rolling claw is 60f charge. But I'm sure the people here already knew that cause 5f difference is wtfhuge!

lk flash kick has 5 frame invul (as opposed to 3f on everything else that's not EX). Makes it better reversal since it's basically unstuffable until it's hit frames.

standing FP and cr.hk got damage nerf. Super and U1 deal more damage. DF+RH can juggle into itself and with non-EX flash kicks.

btw, all of guile's sonic booms (sans ex) deal the same damage. So there's little reason to do anything other than LP in combos. You get the best recovery/advantage from it.

aBlank on