As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

There's a Way to Destroy Angels? (New EP out!)

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Wallhitter wrote: »
    I'm fond of Trent's work as a whole (especially Downward Spiral and onwards) but I can't exactly get into this.

also, you must use your AT field.

:^:

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I was all geared up to dislike this band, but I enjoyed that song.

Looking forward to hearing more now.

mcp on
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Bloods End wrote: »
    First single up on iTunes, and on youtube to listen.
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/a-drowning-single/id371164879

For sure a Reznor beat, with a little bit of "Just like you Imagined" sampled, but a lot more laid back and melodic than most of his stuff.

Interesting.

I submit that this actually engages in a more minimal melodic construction than usual and the limited variation is given through fundamental atonality and dissonance.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Bloods End wrote: »
    First single up on iTunes, and on youtube to listen.
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/a-drowning-single/id371164879

For sure a Reznor beat, with a little bit of "Just like you Imagined" sampled, but a lot more laid back and melodic than most of his stuff.

Interesting.

I submit that this actually engages in a more minimal melodic construction than usual and the limited variation is given through fundamental atonality and dissonance.

NONE OF THOSE ARE WORDS

Bloods End on
  • Options
    moocowmoocow Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Godfather wrote: »
    Mariqueen Maandig is pretty foxy looking. Bravo Reznor.

Sounds like a pokemon name.

moocow on
    imttnk.png
    PS4:MrZoompants
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    what the fuck, i didn't know NIN called it quits

this is fucking gay!

this is bullshit!

*flips table over*

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    There was a really interesting interview of Reznor in the Believer a few months ago. I enjoyed reading it, though it only briefly alluded to new stuff in the works. As a young and stupid thing I had a monstrous crush on him, and NIN live is one of the greatest shows I've seen, but I haven't listened to any of their more recent stuff.

That said, I enjoy the new song in this How to Destroy Angels business.

And Mariqueen is damn hot sorry Bale but it's true.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    That song is actually not too bad, I'm slightly more interested in this now

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    this sounds like a slightly updated version of nin with a female lead

and i'm completely okay with that

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Fallout wrote: »

this is fucking gay!

this is bullshit!

*flips table over*

Yeah, he got totally Yoko'd.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    CptKemzikCptKemzik Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm glad I got to see NIN last summer on tour with Jane's Addiction complete with Eric Avery. Now JA are trying to keep it together with Duff Mckagan on bass (the GNR guy, what?) after avery left again.

CptKemzik on
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Fallout wrote: »

this is fucking gay!

this is bullshit!

*flips table over*

Yeah, he got totally Yoko'd.

NIN didn't call it quits as an artist. Reznor just stated that NIN was done as a touring act.

Which is still worthy of a table flip.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
  • Options
    Dorktron9000Dorktron9000 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    That's how you destroy an angel?

Bad music?

Dorktron9000 on
  • Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    jay leno, ladies and gentlemen

Wimble on
    4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    FreshnukixFreshnukix Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Wimble wrote: »
    jay leno, ladies and gentlemen

Oh god he's here!

Run Conan. Run away as fast as you can!

Freshnukix on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    In case anyone was interested, Ghosts I-IV is on sale on Amazon for like, $5

36 songs for $5 is a pretty good deal, if you enjoy NIN.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    oh dang, didn't realize it was $5 on their site, too.

Do that instead!

I bought the CD.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    WeretacoWeretaco Cubicle Gangster Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Weretaco on
    Unofficial PA IRC chat: #paforums at irc.slashnet.org
  • Options
    moocowmoocow Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    That's how you destroy an angel?

Bad music?

In Darksiders, you beat them until they're kind of groggy and kind of rest on the ground for a minute.

Then you chop off their wings, impale their chest with your giant sword, and tear your sword out over your head.

Teach them to be all smug and uppity.

moocow on
    imttnk.png
    PS4:MrZoompants
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    How To Destroy Angels just put up a new six track EP for free on their website.

http://howtodestroyangels.com/

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
  • Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Speaking of Angels

The new Evangelion movie 2.22 is pretty nuts

animes

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Dude I know

I watched it a few days ago. The second half had me wtf-ing so hard.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    They changed it so much but it is still crazy awesome!

like beast mode WTF

and
    Asuka being the Unit 3 pilot? WHAAAAAAAAAAAT THE FUCK

Staleghoti on
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Staleghoti wrote: »

like beast mode WTF

and
    I know! Holy shit! I was all "Asuka noooooooooooo!" And then the Lance of Longinus coming out of fucking nowhere and striking down Unit 01 after its "awakening"? And Kwaoru and Unit 6? Talk about fucking cliffhangers.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010

like beast mode WTF

and
    I know! Holy shit! I was all "Asuka noooooooooooo!" And then the Lance of Longinus coming out of fucking nowhere and striking down Unit 01 after its "awakening"? And Kwaoru and Unit 6? Talk about fucking cliffhangers.

Yeah I guess the next movie will be the last

what with
    The Third Impact has begun!

but I think something similar to that may have happened in the earlier series in which it stopped out of nowhere, I'm probably wrong about that though

Staleghoti on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Nah, man, they announced four movies. 3.0 is Quickening and then there's Evangelion: Final.
    Third Impact only happened in End of Evangelion. That's the only time it even got close. No Angels make contact with Lillith in the main series. Rei/Lillith make contact with Adam via Gendo Ikari's arm in End of Eva, but it's Rei's will that causes Third Impact.

Also, I have no idea where the fuck the Lance came from at the end of Rebuild 2. Lillith was already impaled by it when revealed to Shinji by Misato. Unless Adam, on the moon, also has a Lance since they were the black and white eggs sent to earth.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Nah, man, they announced four movies. 3.0 is Quickening and then there's Evangelion: Final.
    Third Impact only happened in End of Evangelion. That's the only time it even got close. No Angels make contact with Lillith in the main series. Rei/Lillith make contact with Adam via Gendo Ikari's arm in End of Eva, but it's Rei's will that causes Third Impact.

Also, I have no idea where the fuck the Lance came from at the end of Rebuild 2. Lillith was already impaled by it when revealed to Shinji by Misato. Unless Adam, on the moon, also has a Lance since they were the black and white eggs sent to earth.
    I think I remember seeing a whole bunch of lances floating in space, like they've discovered a way to mass produce them. Also there was a huge one wrapped up when they were checking out unit 6 on the moon. Did they show Lillith to Shinji in Rebuild 1? Shit I need to rewatch that shit

Staleghoti on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    After rewatching the end
    Kaoru's lance in not a Lance of Longinus like the one in Lillith or used by teh Eva Series, it appears to have a big arrow tip.

Staleghoti on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

I think I remember seeing a whole bunch of lances floating in space, like they've discovered a way to mass produce them. Also there was a huge one wrapped up when they were checking out unit 6 on the moon. Did they show Lillith to Shinji in Rebuild 1? Shit I need to rewatch that shit
    I just rewatched Rebuild 1.11 and watched 2.22 on Friday. I'm pretty sure Misato showed Shinji Lillith when he was freaking out about piloting Eva. Kind of a "The world is counting on you" thing. And I don't remember seeing any lances than that one in space during 2.22. And you're right about it not being a true lance. Maybe it's like the Progressive Knives?

I've been looking for someone to discuss this with for days.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010

I just rewatched Rebuild 1.11 and watched 2.22 on Friday. I'm pretty sure Misato showed Shinji Lillith when he was freaking out about piloting Eva. Kind of a "The world is counting on you" thing. And I don't remember seeing any lances than that one in space during 2.22. And you're right about it not being a true lance. Maybe it's like the Progressive Knives?

I've been looking for someone to discuss this with for days.

Ohhh right, see I'm mixing the show and the movies again,
    cause I think in the show even Misato doesn't know about lillith until she sneaks in behind Kaji. And yeah I can't find any other lances, I think I was mixing up the makeup of the angel where they introduce Asuka with a ton of lances for some reason.

Staleghoti on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    In the series, Misato and Kaji sneak down there and confuse Lillith with Adam.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    oh man Evangelion is confusing as hell.

Staleghoti on
  • Options
    WallhitterWallhitter Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    oh man Evangelion is confusing as hell.

yep.

Wallhitter on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I'm glad Guuren Lagaan rounded out nicely.

no confusing movies and tv shows there!

Staleghoti on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I never did watch the Gurren Lagann movies.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    There's movies?

Staleghoti on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    ohhhhh shit I bet I know what's gonna happen.
    I bet Asuka becomes the new form of Angel like the one that infiltrates NERV like a computer virus.

Staleghoti on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    It's a possibility. I mean, they just defeated the 10th Angel in the Rebuilds. There are potentially two more.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png