Options

StarCraft II: Thread of Liberty

• Options
    As7As7 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Staleghoti wrote: »
    Welp.
    ***Notice of Account Closure***

Reason for Closure: Terms of Use Violation -- Exploitative Activity: Unauthorized Cheat Programs

This account was closed because one or more characters were identified using an unauthorized cheat program. These programs provide character benefits normally not achievable in the World of Warcraft. Such benefits include, but are not limited to, character automation (also known as "botting"), increased speed, teleportation, or running through walls/boundaries. Use of these unauthorized programs harm the game environment because they offer an unfair advantage over other players and supersede the intended limits of the game.

Okay that's total bullshit since I haven't played or paid for WoW since like November of 2008.

I replied to the e-mail saying so.

Can someone PM me the appropriate phone number I can call to fix this problem quicker? I guess I was hacked, and it couldn't have been to long ago?

Have you tried logging in to your bnet account or did you just get the email? Could the email itself be a scam?

As7 on
    XBOX Live: Arsenic7
    Secret Satan
  • Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    As7 wrote: »
    Welp.
    ***Notice of Account Closure***

Reason for Closure: Terms of Use Violation -- Exploitative Activity: Unauthorized Cheat Programs

This account was closed because one or more characters were identified using an unauthorized cheat program. These programs provide character benefits normally not achievable in the World of Warcraft. Such benefits include, but are not limited to, character automation (also known as "botting"), increased speed, teleportation, or running through walls/boundaries. Use of these unauthorized programs harm the game environment because they offer an unfair advantage over other players and supersede the intended limits of the game.

Okay that's total bullshit since I haven't played or paid for WoW since like November of 2008.

I replied to the e-mail saying so.

Can someone PM me the appropriate phone number I can call to fix this problem quicker? I guess I was hacked, and it couldn't have been to long ago?

Have you tried logging in to your bnet account or did you just get the email? Could the email itself be a scam?

I got it as a response to my support request cause I can't get into my bnet account. It asks me for an authenticator key and I did not purchase or assign one of those to my account.

Raging now

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    bombardier wrote: »
    Calling the long distance support phone number.

What the hell area code is 949?

e: aaaaaaand hanging up "Our approximate wait time is 30-35 minutes" Thanks for that, not gonna pay my phone bill I bet.

Wanna use my skype account to call?

oh yeah I guess you could use skype.

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2010
    Unfortunately I suspect Blizzard is going to be pretty unhelpful when you get through to them. From what I've heard, they tend to take the approach that once you've been shut down for "cheating", they just assume they're right and won't do much to work with you. I hope I'm wrong.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The exact same thing happened to me a while ago. There's a form you can fill out involving a photocopy of your state ID and they should remove the authenticator and allow you to retake control.

Edit: Actually minor difference. I wasn't banned for cheating. They still like me.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    What helps is adding an authenticator before some asshole sits there guessing your password for a week.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, especially since you can get the authenticator on an iPhone (and I assume other smart phones), I just went ahead and added even before I got into the Beta and wasn't paying for WoW anymore

Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Anyone playing this right now want to do some 2v2 with me? If so, add me: Hacksaw.hacksaw.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Wheee, played my first game.

I love that pretty much all the controls and hotkeys are the same - feels just right. Now I just have to learn all the new units and stuff.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    FandeathisFandeathis Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I have been so terrible at this online that it is discouraging me from buying the game when it comes out. $60 is a lot for a single player experience. I just don't have the time these days to get good at an RTS. And I mean like good enough to be competitive online. That and I have never been that great at RTS games in the first place. I am starting to feel the same way about fighting games as well. :/

Fandeathis on
    You fuck wit' Die Antwoord, you fuck wit' da army.
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I think people were saying this last thread but I would like a separate ranking per race or at least a practice mode

Not because I especially care about ruining my rank, but because I don't want to be paired up with Gold league opponents when I try Zerg for the first time

Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that I'll pretty much never be able to beat anyone in a straight up RTS. I had a good run for a few months in vanilla WC3, but other than that I pretty much get trashed. Doesn't matter; I still have fun with CPU beatdowns, the single-player campaigns, and the crazy-ass Custom maps that are sure to come out of this game.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ubik wrote: »
    I think people were saying this last thread but I would like a separate ranking per race or at least a practice mode

Not because I especially care about ruining my rank, but because I don't want to be paired up with Gold league opponents when I try Zerg for the first time
    I would also like this.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The custom maps are pretty much what I'm looking forward to the most for this game.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I'm pretty sure the single player campaign will be a hell of a lot of fun, and with custom maps I'll probably enjoy playing online a lot as well since I'm enjoying it in the beta.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    And remember, the online game is designed for online play and balance. They've already said that units will exist in the single player game that you don't get to play in the multiplayer.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    FandeathisFandeathis Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Those are some valid points. If I end up having $60 to spare, it will be awful tempting to pick up for the single player and custom maps. I kind of forgot about custom maps. They kind of increase the replay value like tenfold.

Fandeathis on
    You fuck wit' Die Antwoord, you fuck wit' da army.
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Fandeathis wrote: »
    Those are some valid points. If I end up having $60 to spare, it will be awful tempting to pick up for the single player and custom maps. I kind of forgot about custom maps. They kind of increase the replay value like tenfold.

Tenfold is a conservative estimate.

I grabbed a Collectors Edition. I figure in six months the WoW pet will have paid for the game, and probably the next expansion too. I foresee myself playing this game for a very, very long time.

Mvrck on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    haha oh man, it's funny as hell in the lower leagues to just rush out a forge and start building pylons and cannons in your opponent's base before he can start producing units

of course a skilled player wouldn't let that work, but man in the copper league they just berate you for cheesing them
    guess they should learn how to counter it :P

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I bet we can help you improve here. Unless you're just not able to quickly jump from task to task. That is a lot of what SC is.

I freaking love Terran these days. My partner is still learning toss so we're 18-18, rank 6 in our Silver League, but Terran are awesome. Could reaper rush but I don't, but easy early counters to light and armored units are sweeeeet.

I got no real late game plans though beyond some tanks, banshees and vikings.

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Druhim wrote: »
    haha oh man, it's funny as hell in the lower leagues to just rush out a forge and start building pylons and cannons in your opponent's base before he can start producing units

of course a skilled player wouldn't let that work, but man in the copper league they just berate you for cheesing them

How'd you get in the copper league! I kind of want to throw my 1v1 matches because I'll end up gold or platinum but I'm 2-0 so far pretty decisively. My early game macro/micro is tiiiiiight.

Later... not so much.

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Rhylith.rhylith US

Add me!

rhylith on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

How'd you get in the copper league! I kind of want to throw my 1v1 matches because I'll end up gold or platinum but I'm 2-0 so far pretty decisively. My early game macro/micro is tiiiiiight.

Later... not so much.

I was placed in bronze initially, and was moving up the bronze ladder
    but after losing one fight I went from about 35 bronze to 40something copper, it was odd
    but it was also the same match where someone pulled that on me
    I had never seen it before and if I had known to watch for it I could have stopped it, but he got his pylons and cannons up too fast and I couldn't get zealots out fast enough :P

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Later... not so much.

I was placed in bronze initially, and was moving up the bronze ladder
    but after losing one fight I went from about 35 bronze to 40something copper, it was odd
    but it was also the same match where someone pulled that on me
    I had never seen it before and if I had known to watch for it I could have stopped it, but he got his pylons and cannons up too fast and I couldn't get zealots out fast enough :P

Ah, too bad. I watched my roommate lost a 1v1 in Gold tonight P vs. P where the opp went 2 gateways blocking him in and mass zealots. He just overwhelmed him. Roommate had scouted, saw nothing of note in his base and thought he was bad.

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    i tried playing SC1 the other day

kept hitting E for probes.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Fandeathis wrote: »
    I have been so terrible at this online that it is discouraging me from buying the game when it comes out. $60 is a lot for a single player experience. I just don't have the time these days to get good at an RTS. And I mean like good enough to be competitive online. That and I have never been that great at RTS games in the first place. I am starting to feel the same way about fighting games as well. :/

Custom games, even leaving aside the fun crazy user-made maps that are Use Map Settings, are a decent way to play SC2 even if you're bad.

Most of the people on the custom games don't scout, don't expand, and don't counter what you're doing at all. Very easy to beat.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hey so I'm in this now thanks to TheStig being super awesome

BeefAvenger.beefavenger US

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    ugh ugh ugh ugh

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    RanxRanx Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    like really, if anyone has a spare beta key and can give me one now, it'd be awesome

I'm getting my pre ordering one in my email hopefully soon, which I will in return give to some other person in need

Ranx on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    no strawberries allowed!

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Where did you guys pre-order from?

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    amazon.ca

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    hmm, canada, you can't trust canadians.
    I don't know how long that takes, but when the US amazon first started doing it they had 1 guy sending out all the emails.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I pre-ordered SC2 from EBgames in Australia at 4pm in the afternooon on Wednesday. EBGames works on Australian eastern time which is 2 hours ahead, so it was 6pm. I received the key in my email at 8am the next day (10am their time).

That seems pretty fast.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    It's not like Starcraft II is the greatest thing in the entire world and all I do when I'm not at work. That'd be totally silly and not productive...

...sigh.

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    are you guys that ordered from amazon.ca sure that your order included a beta key? it wouldn't be the first time that amazon.ca had a different policy from amazon.com

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    ok, never mind
    I see the promo being offered on amazon.ca

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
This discussion has been closed.