Options

StarCraft II: Thread of Liberty

1235764

Posts

  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hey guys, good news, Reaper rush beats double proxy gateway zealot rush

    Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    hey so I preordered this shit from gamestop

    do I get to play the beta now or what

    If you ordered it online, you will be sent a beta code by email in about a day. If you went inside the store, you should have a code on your receipt. If not wait a day and go back to the store.


    Also one more comment on the double proxy gateway rush is that I find it is REALLY effective against another double protoss team.

    STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Ubik wrote: »
    Hey guys, good news, Reaper rush beats double proxy gateway zealot rush

    Well yeah. It is not an infallable strategy. It is one, however, that is effective and should be considered.

    STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Ubik wrote: »
    Hey guys, good news, Reaper rush beats double proxy gateway zealot rush

    Well yeah. It is not an infallable strategy. It is one, however, that is effective and should be considered.

    Ah I didn't even realize you were talking about it.

    I just beat a Protoss who tried it by taking out his Nexus and then hunting down the remaining Zealots (which, to his credit, was a lot of them) using some sweet micro with my 2 Reapers and lifting off my buildings so he couldn't hit them

    Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

  • Options
    Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2010
    Ubik wrote: »
    Hey guys, good news, Reaper rush beats double proxy gateway zealot rush

    I thought I told you this!

    I could have sworn I told you this!

    Munkus Beaver on
    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Ubik wrote: »
    Hey guys, good news, Reaper rush beats double proxy gateway zealot rush

    I thought I told you this!

    I could have sworn I told you this!

    You did. Reaper rush, throw a bunker down

    I am in your debt

    Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

  • Options
    BackwardsnameBackwardsname __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    so is this like the first one

    in that all the online battles come down to who can best execute one of like, at most six effective rushing strategies

    because I am not a big fan of that

    Backwardsname on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    so is this like the first one

    in that all the online battles come down to who can best execute one of like, at most six effective rushing strategies

    because I am not a big fan of that

    Not... really. And there are ways to stop a rush. Hell Fast Expand and quick tech are all viable ways of winning.

    STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Not at all at the lower levels. In fact I get a lot of mileage out of early harassment in a lot of my games. As you get up into Silver and higher, and people know how to deal with those things, it gets a bit rougher. You will get early harassed, but at that level you are also supposed to know how to scout it and counter it.

    Mvrck on
  • Options
    BackwardsnameBackwardsname __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    Mvrck wrote: »
    Not at all at the lower levels. In fact I get a lot of mileage out of early harassment in a lot of my games. As you get up into Silver and higher, and people know how to deal with those things, it gets a bit rougher. You will get early harassed, but at that level you are also supposed to know how to scout it and counter it.

    Good to know. I mean I'm shitty at RTS games so I'll probably be in the lower levels for most of my play time

    Backwardsname on
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Apparently if I don't win with Reaper rush right away I lose to 2 void rays or mass immortals

    Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

  • Options
    Kool-Aid GuyKool-Aid Guy Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I preordered this, got the beta code, downloaded the client, got psyched up to play and quickly realized that my video card is too out of date to play the game. Son of a bitch.

    Kool-Aid Guy on
    OH YEEEAAAAHHH
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I got mass Reaper'd on Kulas Ravine. I did pretty well holding it off by building bunkers and Marauders but then I stupidly tried to go Banshees (because he didn't have anything to shoot air) instead of Siege Tanks so he rolled in with a huge force of Marauders and and Siege Tanks and Reapers

    Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    ~~installing

    Meissnerd on
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So I have played 5 games tonight. I have won four of them. All because of ghosts/nukes. Swear to god, multiple ghosts all nuking roughly the same target from different directions may be the dirtiest thing ever. 300 mineral/gas investment in ordance, and at worst you lose one ghost, but the nukes land man.
    The nukes land.

    Oh and the 5th game was a perfectly executed Proxy Gate rush. I honestly don't know how I could have stopped it. I had 3 marauders up, and he had chrono boosted up to 5 zealots. They broke the wall and it was pretty much GG. Pulled the SCV's off the line to kill the last two zealots, but by that point the game was over. About all I can think of is to build an extra bunker to drop the marauders in. But at that point, he'd probably just bypass them and head right for the workers, at which point it's still probably GG.

    What's the hard counter to that?

    Mvrck on
  • Options
    Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2010
    Anybody else get an extra beta key today?

    Munkus Beaver on
    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Anybody else get an extra beta key today?

    I hope I got an extra one. I know someone in D&D chat who would be really happy if I got one.

    STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    oh I can get this for Mac now?

    Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    TskTsk Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Mvrck wrote: »
    So I have played 5 games tonight. I have won four of them. All because of ghosts/nukes. Swear to god, multiple ghosts all nuking roughly the same target from different directions may be the dirtiest thing ever. 300 mineral/gas investment in ordance, and at worst you lose one ghost, but the nukes land man.
    The nukes land.

    Oh and the 5th game was a perfectly executed Proxy Gate rush. I honestly don't know how I could have stopped it. I had 3 marauders up, and he had chrono boosted up to 5 zealots. They broke the wall and it was pretty much GG. Pulled the SCV's off the line to kill the last two zealots, but by that point the game was over. About all I can think of is to build an extra bunker to drop the marauders in. But at that point, he'd probably just bypass them and head right for the workers, at which point it's still probably GG.

    What's the hard counter to that?

    Move some SCV's up to repair the wall, never hurts to have a few marines up too. Depending on your supply, having a secondary wall near your minerals is a good backup, combined with factory to fill out the wall.

    Tsk on
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    patching...siiighhh

    Meissnerd on
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Tsk wrote: »

    Move some SCV's up to repair the wall, never hurts to have a few marines up too. Depending on your supply, having a secondary wall near your minerals is a good backup, combined with factory to fill out the wall.

    Had the SCV on the wall repair. I was the Top Left spawn on Incineration, so sadly my Tech Lab was part of my wall. I need to practice a better wall in for that map I guess. Anyway he initially hit my bottom left supply depot, but once the SCV committed he swapped to the Tech lab and blew it up.This is literally at...around 5:15 when he rushed with 7 zealots to my 3.9 marauders (one finished right as he started rushing). Looking back my focus fire wasn't all that great, but I don't think that would have netted me more than maybe a single extra kill.

    The guy was 100% all in on the rush. Didn't even build more than 12 workers. If I could have stopped him, I would have been in a very strong position game wise, but I just don't know if that is/was possible. About all I can figure is at that point when I see that rush coming, I should hurry out 3 reapers, lift my base and pray he doesn't get a stalker out before I wreck his probes?

    Mvrck on
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I am so bad at wall-ins on Blistering Sands and the maps like Kulas Ravine where there is no ramp at the main

    Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I absolutely LOVE Kulas as Terran. You can create a nice little funnel to your Rax with two supply depots and really lay out a solid kill zone for your Siege tanks. I honestly don't think I've ever had my base front breached. Which of course then sucks, because people get crafty and do things like air drop behind the destructable rocks, Nydus in, mass air, etc, etc. Why won't they run nicely into my guns and die for me?

    Mvrck on
  • Options
    RanxRanx Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    meiss

    you gonna stay up and play this tonite

    Ranx on
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    nah, tomorow night i will though

    i just tried a game but it is so SLOW

    i'll try one with you now after i do some tinkering

    Meissnerd on
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm Star.snerd by the way

    Meissnerd on
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Like laggy slow? Because your first few practice games are set to fast, which is like watching the game in slow motion.

    TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    well the opening menu chugged along too

    Meissnerd on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Meissnerd wrote: »
    well the opening menu chugged along too

    Wait didn't you say your computer could barely handle this game?

    STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    i wasn't sure if it could

    i think i got my answer though!

    Meissnerd on
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    oh there, i turned off my firewall and thats much better

    does anyone want to teach me the ways of the terran? i only have time for one game

    Meissnerd on
  • Options
    RanxRanx Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    how long does it take to patch

    mine's been going for like 10 minutes

    Ranx on
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    a while

    Meissnerd on
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    man it went okay, it's still slower than i'd prefer

    Meissnerd on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Druhim wrote: »
    it's always great when you beat someone that's pretty bad, and all they can say is something like, "how come people that are so bad at this keep winning?"

    Void ray rushes are hilarious for this.

    Because they're so easy to stop if you know they're coming and so impossible to stop if you don't.

    Dhalphir on
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I just started playing this

    having some trouble getting used to the brain-stretching CONCENTRATE ON EVERYTHING after playing too much Dawn of War 2.

    Any tips or mental tricks for not floating resources?

    DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

    https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    I just started playing this

    having some trouble getting used to the brain-stretching CONCENTRATE ON EVERYTHING after playing too much Dawn of War 2.

    Any tips or mental tricks for not floating resources?

    Hotkey your production buildings like you would any other units and keep building units even during fights. You can use tab to cycle through different buildings if you hotkey your entire base.

    BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    people who get angry at "cheese" (I hate calling it that, they're valid strategies that are counterable just like any other) amuse me greatly

    Dhalphir on
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Any strategy that beats me is bullshit cheese that no one should ever do.

    Any strategy that I win with is totally legit and classy as fuck.

    BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Dear god I hate protoss. Holy fucking fuck.

    Hacksaw on
This discussion has been closed.