Options

StarCraft II: Thread of Liberty

1585960616264»

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I just can't get the hang of the fact that Terrans have no melee units.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Anyone up for some 2v2 quickmatch? I'm bored playing alone :(

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I swear half my TvT games end up being base trades. Thank god Vikings are incredibly mobile and versatile.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Anyone up for some 2v2 quickmatch? I'm bored playing alone :(

I was online just now when you were!

I saw you but you were in a game so I didn't wanna say nothing :(

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Ranlin wrote: »
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    why vikings against colossi?

Colossi are tall enough to be eligible to be hit by the airborne vikings anti-air only attack, which does tremendous damage do them, while also being completely safe against the colossi ground only attacks while doing so. Also their cliffwalking ability doesn't help them escape, what with vikings being airborne :p

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

good to know!

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    redheadredhead Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    barf

I totally need to improve my TvT and TvZ

my TvP is pretty solid -- open with a 3rax, expand (~35 supply), get back into unit generation, then next 100 gas build a factory w/reactor, lift off and replace with a starport, and start pumping vikings or banshees, and medivacs. Vikings if he's going colossi, and banshees if he's going immortals. I do stick with the 3M pretty much no matter what -- even with colossi, if you have vikings on the field in any substantial number they'll tear through the colossi way faster than they can remove infantry.

I definitely win the vast majority of my TvP matches, but the other two? pretty much a tossup

no mention of ghosts in TvP? i fuckin love ghosts in that matchup

i dunno what level you're at, but if i had to guess i'd say mmm is probably almost always good against zerg. my zerg-playing friend and i have just been playing custom matches over and over trying to figure out what he should be doing against mmm, and it seems like a pretty rough deal for him.

terran is probably my worst matchup too. siege tanks + early expand seems good? that's about as far as i've come with that one.

redhead on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    can you guys have a look at this replay?

Protoss V Terran, Metalopolis. I scout early that he's going for reapers, but too late to change my build (gateway at 13). Besides an earlier gateway, could I have responded any better to his initial reaper attack?

I recovered and pushed forward with my economy, then he nearly got me again with a small force of marauders, but i JUst managed to finish a sentry, forcefield my ramp and delay him long enough to get an immortal out.

Game went on a little longer, then I spotted a factory coming over with two dropships with my newest observer, got a bunch of stalkers and sentries there, nearly killed the factory, then he just left.

Can anyone tell me why you think he might have left? Or did he maybe disconnect?

http://depositfiles.com/files/3ysrv2tbm

Dhalphir on
This discussion has been closed.