As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[RIFT] "All the beta keys you can eat"

• Options
    SimpsonsParadoxSimpsonsParadox Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    It apparently hasn't been answered yet, so if no one steps forward I will be setting up an RP-PvE server on Faeblight (or whatever the RP-PvE server is), also Guardian side (unless people want Defiant side? I think I have enough money on either side to kick it off).

SimpsonsParadox on
  • Options
    ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hmmm, maybe I need another code. I applied one from tentonhammer a week or so ago, but I am unable to download the client, and someone earlier said they were already able to.

edit: KEY GET!

ghost_master2000 on
  • Options
    BloodshedBloodshed I smoke my friends Down to the FilterRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    It apparently hasn't been answered yet, so if no one steps forward I will be setting up an RP-PvE server on Faeblight (or whatever the RP-PvE server is), also Guardian side (unless people want Defiant side? I think I have enough money on either side to kick it off).

Sounds good for the Beta, and when it launches we can figure out the whole Guardian/Defiant thing.

Bloodshed on
  • Options
    The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I would always roll Guardian simply because of all the pre-pubescent little shits that are going to be rolling Defiant.

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    BloodshedBloodshed I smoke my friends Down to the FilterRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Kind of like how I rolled Order because everyone and their kid brother rolled Chaos.

Bloodshed on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Here I was tempted to roll Defiant because they have the Prince Of Persia race and have "technomagic".

Well, that and I'm a pre-pubescent little shit.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I have 2 friends I want to send keys to, any chance someone could PM me a spare key or 2?

Tcheldor on
    League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ill probably roll Defiant just because I like their races better.

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Ill probably roll Defiant just because I like their races better.

I think a large amount of us are rolling Guardian in beta now so we won't ruin the leveling experience when most of us go Defiant on launch.

SimpsonsParadox on
  • Options
    DourinDourin Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Wait...people are handing out VIP codes? I just recently grabbed a regular code, but would absolutely love a VIP code if anyone has a spare!

Dourin on
  • Options
    Legion Vs NinjaLegion Vs Ninja Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I have a VIP key, if anyone wants it PM me.

Legion Vs Ninja on
    steam_sig.png Rift: Arryn (Rogue)
  • Options
    JyrenBJyrenB St. AugustineRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hm. A friend sent me a VIP beta key and I applied it but can't seem to do anything beyond that.

Am I missing something here?

JyrenB on
    osasbutton.png
    XBL: JyrenB ; Steam: Jyren ; Twitter
  • Options
    NyhtNyht Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    JyrenB wrote: »
    Hm. A friend sent me a VIP beta key and I applied it but can't seem to do anything beyond that.

Am I missing something here?

Shouldn't be. The rest should be sent to your e-mail in time.

Nyht on
  • Options
    BrassBrass Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Me and a friend could use a key. Applied to tentonhammer a couple times with no luck, BAWWWWWW

I got a code, thanks guys!

Brass on
  • Options
    tricontricon Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Shanadeus wrote: »
    My current experience of the PVP server:

Higher level characters can't kill anyone that hasn't specifically flagged themselves for PVP and based on the last four betas level 1-27 let's you chose whether or not you are PVP-flagged. Certain zones (non-starter ones, 20+ zones) will automatically flag for you for PVP but I've so far never been attacked by opposite faction players. They might change this but I doubt they'll open up grief scenarios where higher level characters teleport to lower level zones.
    [...]
    * [19:32] Rifty: AndreasTheAwesome asks: If you say that content is optional let me ask this: Are there any higher level zones that are NOT contested?
    * [19:33] Gavin: Contested does not mean auto-flagged except on a PvP server
    * [19:33] Gavin: so, if i understand the question right -- you don't need to worry about contested zone pvp blocking you
    * [19:33] AndreasTheAwesome: Zones then in which you will not get auto-flagged even on a PvP server
    * [19:34] Gavin: you are not auto-flaged in your starter zones, even on a pvp server
    * [19:34] Andreas: Those are the only "save" zones then, ok.
    More Info about Scarlet Gorge&co:
    telarapedia.com:IRC_Transcripts/21_January_2011

tricon on
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So basically exactly the same as WoW PVP servers

Looks like I'll be rolling on a PvE server of some sort at launch, definitely
    Then again it's not any great surprise, the pvp trailer pretty much specifically highlights ganking other players while they're fighting mobs

Maddoc on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    It's not like you can't -fuck- with the other faction anyway, y'know, by opening up a ton of rifts in their starting zones.

Also gonna do this in caps.

IF YOU ASK FOR A VIP BETA CODE PLEASE EDIT YOUR POST TO SHOW THAT YOU HAVE RECEIVED ONE.

I just saw a bunch of people I'd happily throw my code to, but I ain't gonna if they already got one xP.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    *Update*

I have Beta Key now. Nom nom nom... Thanks!

Q: Where are we all playing?

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Also if the PvP only happens in contested zones I may actually be willing to go with the PvP server. From what I can tell the first contested zone you encounter is like, Level 25 isn't it?

Arthil on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Arthil wrote: »
    Also if the PvP only happens in contested zones I may actually be willing to go with the PvP server. From what I can tell the first contested zone you encounter is like, Level 25 isn't it?

27ish. Its Scarlet Gorge (which is being opened up in this beta) so that isn't so bad. However, alot of the end game PvP that isn't in a Warfront looks to take place with jumping people attempting to do Rifts so I think I'll stick to a PvE server.

SimpsonsParadox on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    It is a difficult thing to choose on, I played on the PvP server for DCU Online's beta and loved it. However doing the same on a launch server turned out to be... a bad idea.

Arthil on
  • Options
    TheOtherHorsemanTheOtherHorseman Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Time to start memorizing shitloads of facts for my test in a week and a h-
    Congratulations!
    You've been selected to participate in this week's RIFT™ beta event

:?

TheOtherHorseman on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    So is that for a normal event by event invite, or would you like a VIP code >.o?

Arthil on
  • Options
    TheOtherHorsemanTheOtherHorseman Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So is that for a normal event by event invite, or would you like a VIP code >.o?

That's my little "just for the week here have a taste" invite. I guess whether or not I want a VIP code depends on whether or not I, as a hero of the realm entrusted with world-shattering power, will regularly have to collect 10/10 candied dingo kidneys for Mrs. Shytkwest's Famous Pie

TheOtherHorseman on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Well we're giving them out like candy man, you can just have one if you want.

Arthil on
  • Options
    BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

That's my little "just for the week here have a taste" invite. I guess whether or not I want a VIP code depends on whether or not I, as a hero of the realm entrusted with world-shattering power, will regularly have to collect 10/10 candied dingo kidneys for Mrs. Shytkwest's Famous Pie

If you're alluding to whether or not there are lots of dumb collect/kill quests, I will say that while I had to do some of each leveling on both sides, they were done such that it made sense for the story, and the drop rates were 100% (and took up no bag space iirc).

Besides, we have so many beta keys you might as well try it!

Bullhead on
    96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited January 2011
    The Justicar soul seems like a fun way to tank, with tons of self-heals to compensate for the medium armor. Feels like the LotRO Warden.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Keep in mind you'll also mingle 1/2 more souls into that! So like, you can be a Druid and have a Fae pet that hovers around and heals you too!

Also guys, has anyone here experienced any/many crashes during the beta events? Just... curious is all >.<.

Arthil on
  • Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    This website is also giving away VIP keys (not that there is any shortage for people around here!), just got my VIP key from them! Can't wait to play! Though it'll take a day or two to download! :?

http://beta.incgamers.com/Giveaway/15/massive-rift-vip-beta-key-giveaway

SharpyVII on
  • Options
    Chases Street DemonsChases Street Demons Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I would like a pair of VIP beta codes is they are available please. Wifey and I need a change from WoW.

EDIT: I HAZ KEY THANKS KK!!!!

:D

Chases Street Demons on
    "Sometimes things aren't complicated," I said. "You just have to be willing to accept the absolute corruption of everybody involved."

• Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I would love a key! I'm definitely getting this as soon as it launches. I've got a buddy joining me, and possibly a GF if I can get her off wow for a minute... :)

[edit] Thanks for the key!

Derrick on
    Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    ChimesChimes Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I am also quite interested in one of these VIP keys, Eager to try this game out. Tanky healy clerics are pretty awesome.

Edit: Thanks Vi Monks!

Chimes on
  • Options
    Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Sent beta keys to the above three posters. If anyone has received a beta key from me, feel free to send it to your friends/other posters as well. Only I have no idea how many uses are left on my key, so if someone would PM me when it stops working, I'd appreciate it.

Vi Monks on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I grabbed a VIP code myself, but would love a second one for the wife. Anyone able to hook a brother up?

Dourin on
  • Options
    DigitalSynDigitalSyn Dr Digital Cumming, GARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Dourin wrote: »
    I grabbed a VIP code myself, but would love a second one for the wife. Anyone able to hook a brother up?

Sent my good man.

DigitalSyn on
    Xbox360: D1G1T4LSYN ( Yes, those are numbers. )
    PSNID: DigitalX86
    Nintendo ID: digitalsyn
    3DS Friend Code: 5300 - 9726 - 6963
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/D1G1T4LSYN/
  • Options
    WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I got in the beta. Yay! Only thing is I'll need to download it and it's HUGE

Still, I can just leave it to do that tomorrow.

WMain00 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Dourin wrote: »

Code got. Thanks, guys!

Dourin on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    It's huge?

I downloaded it all in an hour.

Arthil on
  • Options
    ExathineExathine Registered User new member
    edited January 2011
    Anyone mind throwing a BETA key my way? I am looking for a game to kill my addiction to WoW.

Exathine on
  • Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    It's huge?

I downloaded it all in an hour.

It's huge if you're downloading it at a mighty 90KB/s like me! :(

SharpyVII on
This discussion has been closed.