As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[chat] For The Ages

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    what up my droogs?

Hullo, Riemann
    I just read that line to myself like Jerry Seinfeld greeting Newman but that isn't at all the way I feel about it so that's kind of odd

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Podly wrote: »
    I really wish I enjoyed tea more

I don't think tea is something you explicitly enjoy. It's like air or water. When it's bad, you feel ill and get by.

You don't think about needing it until it's gone.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Like, I have tea and I'm like "meh, wish I had espresso or coffee"

I think tea is for comfort. Coffee is for progress.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    i was like "nice, downloading at 300kb/s!"

and then i saw that kb/s was lacking a k

James on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2010
    mike tyson: do you like honey?
    guy: i do like honey. i don't need any bread, though- i just like honey.
    mike tyson: you're a cool dude

Organichu on
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Every time I listen to this CD I want to buy a sampler.

firewaterword on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

yeah they really are for two different things

Arch on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    And Mr. Marshall brought me more humorous video of Cops doing dumb shit. In this case...falling out of a tree.

Thomamelas on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010

Put some ice in it.

Sheep on
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    At board game night on wednesday someone brought in the aptly named Roads and Boats.

It hell of kewl. Especially since the guy had made his copy from scratch (painted the board tiles, printed the pieces at kinkos then glued them to cardstock, made the rest out of something like fimo). His hex tiles were the size of Catan ones which aparently works way better than the out of the box components.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
    edited April 2010
    Sheep wrote: »

Put some ice in it.

don't listen to sheep- its a trap!

Arch on
    edited April 2010
    In fact, I'm going to get another cup of coffee right this very moment.

firewaterword on
    edited April 2010
    Arch wrote: »

No reason you can't drop a couple caffinated teabags into an americano.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
    edited April 2010
    At board game night on wednesday someone brought in the aptly named Roads and Boats.

It hell of kewl. Especially since the guy had made his copy from scratch (painted the board tiles, printed the pieces at kinkos then glued them to cardstock, made the rest out of something like fimo). His hex tiles were the size of Catan ones which aparently works way better than the out of the box components.

I want a board game night....

Is this at like a games store or is it something you do at home?

Arch on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    I'd like to hang out with Mike Tyson one day. I saw the Tyson documentary and man, he's a really cool guy who is really stupid and has the shortest temper I've ever seen.

JustinSane07 on
    edited April 2010

oh god what

Arch on
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Organichu, when you are done being audited and I have purchased groceries, I'm going to help you and Nerd decrease your win/loss ratio in BC2.

Donkey Kong on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I dunno, I'm just never in a mood where I sit down and go "you know, I just want to relax and have some tea."

If I want to relax, I'll have some wine or maybe a couple of nice microbrews.

But if I'm putting caffeine into my system, you can bet that I want it to be vigorous.

I agree with Mike, though, Chamomile is nice. I drink it a lot at work when I want something warm but I've already had too much espresso.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited April 2010

oh god what

This post is an act of terrorism.

Donkey Kong on
    edited April 2010

Game store in north Seattle (Greenlake Games, a couple doors north of 75th on Aurora). It's every wednesday starting round 6 or 6:30 and is open to everyone. Usually about 10 people show up and the store provides a ton of games (people often bring in more too).

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    Organichu, when you are done being audited and I have purchased groceries, I'm going to help you and Nerd decrease your win/loss ratio in BC2.

If Organ isn't back by then, can we still play together?

Nerdgasmic on
    edited April 2010
    I dunno, I'm just never in a mood where I sit down and go "you know, I just want to relax and have some tea."

But if I'm putting caffeine into my system, you can bet that I want it to be vigorous.

I agree with Mike, though, Chamomile is nice. I drink it a lot at work when I want something warm but I've already had too much espresso.

a lot of tea isn't caffeinated!

a lot of what i have at home is specifically not caffeinated so that erin can drink it on her period

Arch on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2010

GODDAMNED FEDERAL GUBMINT

COMIN' FOR MY GUNS

O_O

Organichu on
    edited April 2010

Game store in north Seattle (Greenlake Games, a couple doors north of 75th on Aurora). It's every wednesday starting round 6 or 6:30 and is open to everyone. Usually about 10 people show up and the store provides a ton of games (people often bring in more too).

I wonder if any stores around here do that...I would be very excited to attend that

Arch on
    edited April 2010
    I am drinking coffee from New Zealand.
    large%20round%20fezman.gif
    I should add, it's very good.

firewaterword on
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Give me tips for initiating a hitting on.

I am to the point of boredom where an interesting thing to do for me right now is to try hitting on random girls.

Winky on
    edited April 2010
    yay mech4 download dropped from a reasonable speed to 4kb/s

James on
  • WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    When's the D&D D&D going to start because I want to play with my awesome character!

WMain00 on
  • stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    This Sunday, guys, I'd really like to go to brunch somewhere.

stevemarks44 on
    edited April 2010
    Winky wrote: »

I am to the point of boredom where an interesting thing to do for me right now is to try hitting on random girls.

really?

James on
    edited April 2010

Did you get my PM, sir?

Nerdgasmic on
    edited April 2010

a lot of what i have at home is specifically not caffeinated so that erin can drink it on her period

I predict that this statement is going to precede me learning something about periods.

Winky on
    edited April 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

If Organ isn't back by then, can we still play together?

This sounds creepy. So yes.

Donkey Kong on
    edited April 2010
    pic1432_md.jpg

Roads and Boats was so neat. You build a map out of tiles (so there is a lot of replayability) and go about building stuff in each tile that eaither produces raw resources or processes things into more refined stuff. In the end you get points for money (raw gold, which can be processed into coins which can be processed into bank notes, each is worth progressively more).

Each turn you put out new raw materiels / process stuff then use your various transport units to move stuff around. You start with just donkies for transports and can eventually get wagons, trucks, rafts, boats, steamships.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

The important part is the leering. You have to leer like you mean it.

Thomamelas on
    edited April 2010

Did you get my PM, sir?

Yeah, but I can't listen to music in the computer lab.

I'd love to talk to you on steam, nerd, but my computer is out of commission. I'm going to have to wait for dell to send me a new hard drive.

Winky on
    edited April 2010

I predict that this statement is going to precede me learning something about periods.

a lot of women experience increased cramping due to the consumption of caffeine- at least erin does.

but then again her doctors also think she has endometriosis soooo she may be an outlier

Arch on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    You should be studying, Winky.

JustinSane07 on
    edited April 2010
    You should be studying, Winky.

:lol:

Arch on
    edited April 2010

Did you get my PM, sir?

Yeah, but I can't listen to music in the computer lab.

I'd love to talk to you on steam, nerd, but my computer is out of commission. I'm going to have to wait for dell to send me a new hard drive.

Sorry to hear about that, man. Did it cost you any money?

Nerdgasmic on
This discussion has been closed.