As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX 2010 Challenge Coins

• Options
    MorgshrumMorgshrum Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I know its got to be in here somewhere but I looked through many pages and tried using the search function. Can anyone give me a quick answer on what size the coin is? I already ordered one and am getting it regardless but was curious.

Morgshrum on
  • Options
    papaprinnypapaprinny Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    millislim: Yes, please.

Morgshrum: Diameter = 1.75 inches

papaprinny on
    paxeast2010dvdsignowout.jpgForumSig1.jpg
  • Options
    MorgshrumMorgshrum Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    papaprinny wrote: »

Nice, Thanks dude, should be awesome!

Morgshrum on
  • Options
    SoularisSoularis Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Uh... i did not include my forum name... but figure it should be properly reflected by my email addy... Soularis112... gmail...

Soularis on
    Soularis+Esprit.png
  • Options
    S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So what metal ended up being used? I read that you're using the antique finish but I didn't catch what metal.

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • Options
    Tempest_KnightTempest_Knight Registered User new member
    edited August 2010
    Still holding a torch for Bonilla... so sad... -_-

If the rendering is accurate... if would be antiqued gold/brass.

Tempest_Knight on
  • Options
    S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Still holding a torch for Bonilla... so sad... -_-

If the rendering is accurate... if would be antiqued gold/brass.

Thats what I'm thinking but just want to check

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • Options
    TheseusTheseus Registered User new member
    edited August 2010
    I humblely request Nerdy and Underprivileged consideration.

Been a bad year... only making it to PAX this year by volunteering with the RPGA...

I would love to get a Coin but can't afford one right now...

Theseus on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    So I fell asleep in my chair. Didn't get the orders from yesterday posted. :oops:
    So I guess it's time to hop back into my spreadsheet.

The coin itself will be copper.

Theseus, send me an email with your info, and we'll hook you up.

papaprinny on
  • Options
    karmacappakarmacappa Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    A few questions PAPA Prinny. What size are the challenge coins? Would any of the NWTM presentation boxes fit the challenge coins? How about their capsules? Coin stands? Basically, which stuff in their "Accessories" section would fit these puppies?

karmacappa on
    "In Europe, it's not America."
    Scott Kurtz, The Morning After, Aug 31 - 2010
  • Options
    edited August 2010

Soularis on
    Soularis+Esprit.png
  • Options
    karmacappakarmacappa Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Many thanks Soularis! I hadn't remembered that. :oops:

karmacappa on
    "In Europe, it's not America."
    Scott Kurtz, The Morning After, Aug 31 - 2010
  • Options
    mspencermspencer PAX [ENFORCER] Council Bluffs, IARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I also forgot to put my forum username in my email, but the email is sent.

(Also, one reason why PayPal has to be like that: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=14718614#post14718614 -- short version is, there are fraudulent merchants out there who will receive or solicit payments, take the money, never actually provide the service or merchandise, and PayPal is left holding the bag when the issuing banks take the payments back. Risk Management stinks but it's necessary.)

Edit: I think you misunderstand. I don't care if you feel sympathy for the giant corporation or not. But now you're better informed. "If this happens, PayPal will probably do that, and now I know why." None of this tempers my immense gratitude for your help in coordinating this whole project. PayPal hatred or no, you still rock.

mspencer on
    MEMBER OF THE PARANOIA GM GUILD
    XBL Michael Spencer || Wii 6007 6812 1605 7315 || PSN MichaelSpencerJr || Steam Michael_Spencer || Ham NOØK
    QRZ || My last known GPS coordinates: FindU or APRS.fi (Car antenna feed line busted -- no ham radio for me X__X )
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    mspencer wrote: »
    I also forgot to put my forum username in my email, but the email is sent.

(Also, one reason why PayPal has to be like that: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=14718614#post14718614 -- short version is, there are fraudulent merchants out there who will receive or solicit payments, take the money, never actually provide the service or merchandise, and PayPal is left holding the bag when the issuing banks take the payments back. Risk Management stinks but it's necessary.)

World's tiniest violin --> .

Just thought I'd duck my head in before I turned in. Life happened today, family business, yada yada. I'll put the current orders up some time tomorrow. Haven't forgotten about all ya's.

papaprinny on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    A friendly reminder to everyone: Please confirm that your Paypal shipping address is up to date. If not, the coins will be sent to wherever your last Paypal address was. I have caught a couple of people with different addresses than what they sent in their email to me. If your coin gets sent to the wrong location, I can't be held responsible. If upon checking your Paypal address you determine that your Paypal address is not the same as your current, send me an email right away. The coins have yet to be ordered.

Edit: If you are wondering where the recent order confirmations are, I'm currently perfecting my spreadsheet. They will be posted before I turn in tonight.

papaprinny on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    prinny, can i ask how the coins are gonna be shipped?

UPS, USPS, Fedex, etc?

if its anything but usps i might change the address... since the addy i gave you isnt actually where i live... its just were i get my mail... I mean if i dont have to make a special trip out to yelm all the better.

Soularis on
    Soularis+Esprit.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    It will be Fedex.
    Go ahead and forward that info to me.

Edit: Friday, Saturday, and Sunday orders:

Daniel S 10
    Kyle S 1
    Jeff W 1
    Terry S 1
    Daniel H 2
    Courtney M 1
    Ben D 1
    Morgan T 1
    Christian MK 1
    Chris J 2
    Anthony G 2
    Vincent T 1
    Tim C 1
    Jason B 1
    Adam D 1
    Lisa J 2
    Michael S 1
    Collin M 1
    Ryan H 2
    Jacob B 2
    Luis R 1
    Miguel S 4
    Shawn L 1
    Joe H 1
    Sam W 1
    Matt H 1
    Frank R 1
    Damien M 1
    Stephen M 1

Coins ordered through the ChipIn: 47

Current total for the "Challenge Coins for the Nerdy and Underprivileged" Fund:
    $109.50

Funds requested for withdrawal.

papaprinny on
  • Options
    EscoBladesEscoBlades Product Marketing Manager at Ubisoft Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Soularis,
    Thanks for posting! Email me at papaprinnyA@Tgmail.com (remove A and T) with your shipping info and we'll hook you up, man.

Escoblades: Though we aren't set up to ship to the UK, I'll ask NWTM what the cost might be. You are very likely to receive it after PAX, though.

Thank you. I appreciate the reply :)

EscoBlades on
    tHBv9m5.png
    Product Marketing Manager on Watch Dogs: Legion
    Youtube | Twitter
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    An update:

First of all, these coins can be shipped to England. Those who want them will have to pay a standard international shipping price for the coin.

Now the bad news: After speaking with Darrell (who it seems is reading this thread... Hi Darrell!), it seems that the coins are going to begin shipping later than originally thought. At earliest projections, it sounds as though coins will begin arriving at their destinations by the 1st of September for west-coasters. This means that most of the coins will, apparently, arrive after everyone has left for PAX. Oh well, we tried. We will still have mementos to show that we went to the event. Additionally, for those of us who ordered coins for the Penny Arcade crew, I can provide you all with shipping addresses to the Penny Arcade offices if you want to ship those coins to PA. Let me know and I'll send you that info in a PM once I get it.

If anyone wants to cancel their orders, let me know. It'll take some time to get the money back out of my bank account and into my Paypal, but once it is, I can issue you a refund.

papaprinny on
  • Options
    ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Prinny,

Are those free/free-ish coins still available? I can fully pay for one, but as I mentioned my PayPal is currently messed up and I can't use my debit card. If I could get two from you and pay you cash at PAX, or settle with you after PAX in the event they aren't shipped, I would be greatly appreciative.

I can also pick them up from you at PAX, if that would be more convenient for you. Just let me know.

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hey uh, if folks want coins there are people who LIVE in Seattle and will be available that weekend. I am willing to receive them for folks, but you're going to have to arrange with me when to pick them up at PAX.

I don't need your coins, I have EXTRA.

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Arco wrote: »
    Prinny,

Are those free/free-ish coins still available? I can fully pay for one, but as I mentioned my PayPal is currently messed up and I can't use my debit card. If I could get two from you and pay you cash at PAX, or settle with you after PAX in the event they aren't shipped, I would be greatly appreciative.

I can also pick them up from you at PAX, if that would be more convenient for you. Just let me know.

If you're going to be in downtown Seattle Thursday afternoon/evening, we can arrange something. Send me an email with your phone number, and we'll work something out. However, it will have to go down as such: I would personally prefer that we not use the coin fund, as more people might want to request a coin using the money in the fund. Additionally, I am now dead-ass broke thanks to tuition hikes, and am not in a position to order any more coins (or spend any money I don't have to) than what I've already committed to. So I would prefer that you give me the money, then I'll place an order for a coin for you once I get back from Seattle. It sounds as though we're not going to get the coins before the event anyway, so it will be just as well. Sorry, I wish I could make it easier, but I'm just not in a position to offer anymore than that right now. Think that's something you could do?

papaprinny on
  • Options
    SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Would the shipping window hit the Seattle area during PAX? Perhaps us out of towners could have ours shipped to our hotels?

SlickShughes on
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    He said September 1st for west coasters. So that would be the Wednesday of PAX week.

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    REG Rysk wrote: »
    He said September 1st for west coasters. So that would be the Wednesday of PAX week.

At the earliest.

As for shipping to the hotel or to someone else who is closer to the west coast than you are: That's a road you do not want to go down. If the shipment misses the window of time you will be in the area, the person you have your coin sent to will receive it after PAX, then that person will have to ship it to you.

Honestly, this was a risk we all took, getting as late a start on it as we did. It's just time to accept the fact that the likelihood of having your coin before PAX is slim. But we will still get them, and when we do, I propose we post here in the forum as they show up with photos of our prize.

papaprinny on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

At the earliest.

As for shipping to the hotel or to someone else who is closer to the west coast than you are: That's a road you do not want to go down. If the shipment misses the window of time you will be in the area, the person you have your coin sent to will receive it after PAX, then that person will have to ship it to you.

Honestly, this was a risk we all took, getting as late a start on it as we did. It's just time to accept the fact that the likelihood of having your coin before PAX is slim. But we will still get them, and when we do, I propose we post here in the forum as they show up with photos of our prize.

That's a fair statement and I didn't look at it that way at all :?

Nevermind, I will just have mine at PAX so you all have to buy ME drinks! Except prinny. Prinny pays for nothing.

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    Shoot-ManShoot-Man Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hey papaprinny,

If I'm interested in one of these coins, can I still pitch in $10.59 to the chip-in account and get one sent to me post-PAX? If so, then yeah, I'm in.

Shoot-Man on
    There are men who shoot, and then there is Shoot-Man!

"I am compelled to shoot!"
  • Options
    ZeroHourHeroZeroHourHero Allentown, PARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hey Prinny, I sent you an email but didnt see my name added to the order list, unless you put me down as Jason B, which isnt right.... my name is Jay, just Jay.

ZeroHourHero on
  • Options
    ninjownedninjowned Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hey Prinny, I sent you an email but didnt see my name added to the order list, unless you put me down as Jason B, which isnt right.... my name is Jay, just Jay.

Same here... minus the Jason/Jay part. I paid up on Thursday night, but I don't see David E listed (unless I am down as something else).

ninjowned on
    ninjowned!
  • Options
    ZeroHourHeroZeroHourHero Allentown, PARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    ninjowned wrote: »

Same here... minus the Jason/Jay part. I paid up on Thursday night, but I don't see David E listed (unless I am down as something else).

yea, I see a Jason B, and its a common misconception that my name is short for Jason.

ZeroHourHero on
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hmm, if it looks like it will get there on Sep 1, I might have to take the day off work and just wait at home for it. :P

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    ninjowned wrote: »

yea, I see a Jason B, and its a common misconception that my name is short for Jason.

Are you Jason Bourne?

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Please check the 2nd update, Shoot-Man. You will need to add a few cents on top of that because Paypal is a sonofagun and charges more than they say they do.
    Also, there is no cutoff date for ordering the coins. Order them whenever you like, even after PAX.

Again, if you don't see your name in the list (which would surprise me, but hey), please send me an email and I'll look into it tonight when I get home. Every order I received via the ChipIn was put into the spreadsheet, and every name posted above is taken directly from that spreadsheet (did a copy/paste of the cells into Reply in this thread). It's also possible the name on the Paypal account may be different from your own, which has been the case with some people. In any case, if you don't see your name above, please send me an email right away and we'll figure out what's going on. I am especially concerned that some people's information on their Paypal account may be incorrect (especially the shipping address), so let's fix that stuff before we place the orders.

papaprinny on
  • Options
    AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Order placed and email sent for Mat Montgomery! Thanks again for dealing with the headaches PapaPrinny, these coins are going to kick ass ^_^

AltDelete on
  • Options
    millislimmillislim Black Sheep Sacramento, CARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    sent email...thanks for all your effort PapaPrinny!!!

millislim on
    [X] Pax tix
    [X] Train tix
    [_] Finish Vivi costume
    [X] Anxiously wait
  • Options
    nemaihnenemaihne Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Ah well. that's also the day the west coasters on the WCTT leave. It's going to be a race...

nemaihne on
    I *think* that's what I meant to say...
  • Options
    UpthornUpthorn Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Before PAX, we should figure out the status of coins that are meant for the PAX staff, so the people who do actually have their coins by then can pick up the slack.
    For instance, my two coins are among the first batch, and I don't leave until well after mail delivery hours on 09-01, so if the coins for Gabe & Tycho coins haven't arrived by then, and mine have, perhaps I can pick up the slack and get replacements from the funds that were provided specifically for the Gabe&Tycho coins.
    For example.

Upthorn on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Thanks prinny, ill send you an updated addy some time tonight.

I plan on heading up to PAX on the second so i may have it by then. if so i would be willing to show it to anyone who ran into me at PAX. ill post here if it comes in time.

*grumbles... i like realized i forgot to add something to this... so came back to edit it... then realized i hadn't actually read the last page... so i read all of it and now i cant remember what i was gonna add...*

Soularis on
    Soularis+Esprit.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    OMG.... They have challenge coin beer bottle openers...

if we dont end up using them this year can we do it next year and get the bottle opener coins?!

Im still using my halo 3 bottle opener i bought at PAX in 07... and sadly the halo 3 thing fell off of it like 3 months after i bought it... so really its just an ugly bottle opener now... >.>

P.S. what happened to the photos in the original post? i was gonna show my brother what they looked like but they were gone.

Soularis on
    Soularis+Esprit.png
  • Options
    <Omicron-8643><Omicron-8643> Just outside DC. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    uscc wrote: »
    Hey guys, I have checked out this thread. I am Adam from U.S. Challenge Coins... (snip)

A challenger approaches!

But that's not why I came here to post. Perhaps we could organize a brief meet-up during PAX of those who ordered coins so that A) We could all thank Papaprinny in person and B)... actually, I don't have a B. Take a picture, perhaps?

If we could get even one coin in time for a group picture, it would make as memorable a keepsake as the coin itself. This whole endeavor has been a testament to the collective power of PAX goers, from the initial organization of the die casting to the design to now. I wish I was more active in the thread before but since I had resigned myself to being too poor to afford one, I kinda just cast it aside.

Anywho, I'm just throwing ideas out. Feedback?

<Omicron-8643> on
This discussion has been closed.