As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX 2010 Challenge Coins

1121314151618»

• Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Just got my coins tonight! Too cool. They quality is EXCEPTIONALLY high.

Imperfect on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Did we ever get a shipping quote for the UK? I'd hate to miss out on this.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    inocuoinocuo Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hi everyone,

I didn't get my coins before PAX, so I had no problem with karmacappa handing the coins over to the guys. I will be giving my extra coins to some friends I made while at PAX.

papaprinny, thanks again for all the hard work.

inocuo on
    XBL FridayNext
    Steam inocuo
  • Options
    papaprinnypapaprinny Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    qwhacker wrote: »
    soo.... apparently they mailed me my coin twice. Two showed up at my house. Different packages (one in envelope, one in box), and both with the same order number and invoice.

Anything i should do papaprinny?

As soon as I get some free time to look at it (My priority is university coursework now), I'll look into it. Odds are you won't have to worry about it though.

I haven't received a quote from NWTM yet on international shipping. We'll get it worked out though. Please be patient, they are moving very slowly on this. I'll be sure to bug them when I can.

Sorry for all who wanted to see me at PAX but didn't get the chance. I was mostly busy filming anyway. It's just as well, as the doc says I need to take it easy on the alcohol for the time being. :-/ Glad everyone is enjoying their coins, though. We'll need to meet up at future PAX events after we design new coins.

papaprinny on
    paxeast2010dvdsignowout.jpgForumSig1.jpg
  • Options
    LumenadducereLumenadducere Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Whoops, I haven't been following this thread, but I did give the coin I had ordered for Mike F. to Kiko. So Mike F. has been taken care of unless something horrible happened and Kiko got attacked by bats and lost it during the scuffle. He did mention not passing it on so Mike would have to buy everyone drinks, but I'm going to assume that was a joke. :P

Lumenadducere on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Thanks for the update.

As an update of my own, I still haven't heard anything from NWTM on international shipping. I think the odds are pretty good that they're not interested in doing this. Unfortunately, since I am much less available now than I was before PAX, I likely won't be able to personally help you with any special shipping arrangements. You are still free to attempt such an arrangement with a member of this board, but I'm sure it will be expensive, just so you know.

papaprinny on
  • Options
    ravemongerravemonger [E] Silicon ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So... did all of the ordered coins get sent out? I still haven't received anything. Sent you payment and email on Aug. 25th.

ravemonger on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I just got off the phone with Darrell at NWTM.
    Unfortunately, NWTM was not entirely clear on how this process works. Initially they sent an order for 150 coins in anticipation of demand. This demand was exceeded, and they haven't gotten around to getting the new coins made yet. According to Darrell, a new order for more coins has been placed. They do not anticipate that they will have the new coins ready until a couple weeks from the date I am posting this. They anticipate that the next batch of coins will be delivered to everyone a week after that.

So: For those of you who don't yet have your coins, your order was processed by NWTM after they shipped the final coins of their 150-coin batch. It will be about 3 weeks until you receive yours. If by then you don't receive your coin, let me know so that we may put this thing to bed.

And because this was entirely unanticipated since NWTM never communicated this fact to me,

I will no longer be taking orders for PAX Prime 2010 coins.

I am doing this because I do not wish to subject you to any more possible unforeseen circumstances. Those of you who placed orders up until now will have your orders fulfilled. It will simply take a little longer than we anticipated. If you have any particular questions or concerns, please email me at the address I posted earlier in this thread.

papaprinny on
  • Options
    ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Thanks for all your hard work, PP. Coins look great and you did a hell of a thing shouldering all the responsibility of ordering, plus the photoshop work, plus dealing with NWTM. The PAX Community is better with you as a part of it.

It's shitty that NWTM has such amazing quality coins, but such horrible customer service. The coins for the Twi-Wizard Drinking Tournament had a great design, but unfortunately they're not nearly as good. They're from some website like "Challenge Coins-R-Us" and, well, the quality is what you'd expect from a place like that. The NWTM coins are exquisite, but they're really proving to be unreliable and unpredictable in the customer service department. I'm sad that we'll probably end up going with someone else for East.

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    +1 what Arco said. Those exact same thoughts echoed through my head as I was reading paprinny's post.

Again, thanks so much for your work, paprinny. The coins I got out of this are fantastic.

Imperfect on
  • Options
    heelsheels Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

That is sad :(

heels on
    < devious1> heels: you are worst idea person ever

http://twitter.com/h_e_e_l_s

www.reedpop.com
  • Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    This news comes right as I was about to order one. Oh well. snoozing=losing
    I'm happy for everyone who did get one though!

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • Options
    xibalbaxibalba Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    i ordered two coins (i believe) if/when i get my coins in i have two i would be more than happy to part with one for the low low cost of free. ill post up in here once i receive it.

xibalba on
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Bummer, I was thinking of getting one, too. The Fiancée and I decided to make PAX a kind of pre-wedding honeymoon. It would have been cool to give her a coin due to how much of a good time she had.

Artereis on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I apologize to everyone who didn't have the opportunity to order a coin yet. I am doing this only because I felt it would be unfair to subject you to whatever other uncertainties might yet lie ahead with this particular coin endeavor, considering the current circumstances. I encourage those with extra coins to talk with other people in this forum and find good homes for your extras if you find no use for more than one of them. :-)

papaprinny on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    papaprinny, I totally understand and support your reasoning for stopping the orders. Sure I'm sad I wasn't able to get one, but you know what? That makes it cooler for the people who did get them. Now they're rare. And rarity automatically makes things more desirable, right? :P

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • Options
    Kwisatz HaderachKwisatz Haderach Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Ah man, only a week late - and I had the money all lined up too :( No worries papaprinny, I've no one to blame but myself for my tardiness, and you deserve everlasting kudos for putting up with everything as long as you did.

In the meantime, if anyone has spare coinage, I can offer full price for compensation, and perhaps a lil' donation to the EDF (East Die Fund) as well.

Kwisatz Haderach on
    Twitter: @Quintonious (new, infrequently post)
    PSN: Quintonious
  • Options
    ninjahqninjahq Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I sadly lost mine at PAX and would be thrilled to buy someone's extra. I was hoping to start an annual collection!

Please PM if you're willing :)

ninjahq on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I'm also looking for one. If anyone has an extra I could buy, please PM or email me
    sewingpunzie at gmail dot com

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
This discussion has been closed.