As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Achievement Unlocked] II - Co-Op achievements without online can eat a dick

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I popped skate 2 in after not playing it for well over a year and I'm kind of getting back into the groove with it. It's a good game to just fuck around in and not worry about getting achievements, HOWEVER

Since this is the Achievements Thread I looked online and noticed that all the online achievements basically require you to be playing with other people. So I wonder if maybe anyone else here has skate 2 and wants to do some online freeskate challenges with me some time?

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    I would. But I don't think I still have mine. If I get to a place where I can play and replace the copy, I'd be up for it.

That is until EA shuts the servers down. Kind of surprised they haven't yet.

• Options
    I would. But I don't think I still have mine. If I get to a place where I can play and replace the copy, I'd be up for it.

I don't know if skate 1's servers are down, but I know that they took down the ability to upload video to their website for the game recently.

• Options
    KitsunaKitsuna Registered User regular
    Yes!

Just cleared off the 'Predator Master' campaign challenge in Batman: Arkham City. That's netted me all the achievements for the game except for 'Storyteller'. I've cheated a bit to get up to date on that one, but I'm totally going to stick a post-it note on my monitor to remind me to visit Calendar man on the appropriate dates in future.

MGRSig2.jpg
  • Options
    NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    1000/1000 on Transformers: War for Cybertron. My second completed Xbox 360 game.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

I don't know if skate 1's servers are down, but I know that they took down the ability to upload video to their website for the game recently.

Yeah. I remember that. It's just that the service updates page simply says that skate. had its online service shutdown. If that was still working, I'd be interested in getting those, too. But again, need to replace the disc. And that won't be for some time.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Just got the last achievements in Saints Row the Third, which was an enjoyable ride (except saving Survival x 26 for last...)

I also just got the last achievement in Trenched/Iron Brigade which was an absolute blast and a real steal at the reduced price cost.

• Options
    And that's Castlevania: Lords of Shadow completed.

Happily, none of the trials caused me any real problems like they did back when when I got the Platinum on the PS3 a long while ago. All in all, I enjoyed replaying though this. Ain't gonna pick up the DLC for this though. I've heard bad things.

Definitely looking forward to the recently announced sequel.

MGRSig2.jpg
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    I'm skate with you, Primus. Fire me an invite if you see me on.

Also, does anyone want to do some Red Dead multiplayer DLC stuff? Some of this stuff (like getting 50,000 posse points in one session) looks impossible without co-ordination.

@vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Willeth wrote: »
    I'm skate with you, Primus. Fire me an invite if you see me on.

Also, does anyone want to do some Red Dead multiplayer DLC stuff? Some of this stuff (like getting 50,000 posse points in one session) looks impossible without co-ordination.

I'm usually up for red dead anytime, so if you ever need an extra body send me a message. I have been using Raptr lately, simply because i usually have my laptop next to me, and I see messages MUCH easier and quicker when they pop up like IMs. I never see invites to games, but with that, I should be around.

Every time anyone says anything about Red Dead, I'm immediately flooded with how much I loved every single aspect of that game.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    1000/1000 on Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'hoole.

It was a surprisingly entertaining game once I got used to the way the targeting and the counter-attack system worked, though both of them could definitely have been better thought out. Still, it was a nice diversion for a weekend and worth the £10 I spent on it.

MGRSig2.jpg
  • Options
    Hey, does anyone here still have Two Worlds II? I was going to play the expansion sometime this summer and I'm realizing I still need to boost the multiplayer vs mode achievements, and do the DLC multiplayer campaign.

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I am really enjoying the Darkness II actually. For $28 Australian it has some generally easy achievements and is a fun game to boot, plus the vendettas coop multiplayer mode lets you get all the achievements in single player, which is great. Probably be an easy 1000/1000.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I am really enjoying the Darkness II actually. For $28 Australian it has some generally easy achievements and is a fun game to boot, plus the vendettas coop multiplayer mode lets you get all the achievements in single player, which is great. Probably be an easy 1000/1000.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Been playing Assbro. almost 75% completed the singleplayer campaign. idk if I'm going to bother with the MP achieves though.

Most of the 100% synch requirements have been a breeze so far. But the tank, one of the thief races and "the french smell so smoke bombs do nothing" were some of the more annoying missions. what really was irksome too is the autosave if you fail to get a full synch. especially with that tank mission. I have 100% in every mission o far, but bleh. idk if I'm going to back to back into Revelations anymore.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    1000/1000 on Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY edition.

Was in GAME on Friday when I spotted some new copies of Batman AA GOTY Edition going cheap. Since my brother took back his copy of Arkham Asylum, I figured that not only could I get myself a copy rather than having to dig out his whenever I want to mess around in the challenge rooms, but since the GOTY edition has a separate achievement list, I could run up another 1000GS.

I've definitely been playing too much Arkham City lately, because I stormed my way through the AA Combat Challenge rooms. Sewer Bat (Extreme) took me three tries, but Shock & Awe (Extreme) and Rumble in the Jungle (Extreme) were mine on the first try. 8-)

It was great fun to run through Arkham Asylum again but I have to say that Arkham City has spoiled me. The combat in Arkham Asylum just feels so stiff and unresponsive now. Still a great game though.

Kitsuna on
    MGRSig2.jpg
  • Options
    ew, double dipping games for achievements? :P

Done all the single player achievements in Assbro. I guess the last 200 points for MP I'll have to leave hanging. Now it's time to pick the next game to go on to! Though I just noticed I didn't complete FFXII-2 yet, so there's that then decision time!

• Options
    It was a win/win/win decision for me. Another 1000 GS, my own copy of Arkham Asylum handy in case my brother loses or sells his copy and last but not least, an excuse to play to Arkham Asylum again as opposed to working on my backlog.

Anyway, just cleared 1000/1000 on Iron Man 2. God, what a train-wreck of a game that was. Poor graphics, a utterly naff story and horrible controls. Had any of the achievements actually taken any real time or effort to get, I would've happily abandoned it. I feel sorry for anyone who picked it up at full price. I got it for a tenner and I still feel vaguely ripped off.

In happier news, I've just passed 30,000 GS. :mrgreen:

MGRSig2.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I finished Dragons Dogma and got 1000/1000 in it, a really good game and the pawn system is great, I'd love to get the sequel already.

I just started Dead Island GOTY, I dismissed it when it was released, because I heard it was buggy as all hell, It has some really minor oddities, but is really fun, I've more or less played it all weekend, cutting a zombies head off with a electricly charged Machete never gets old (atleast not yet)

It feels like a better Dead Rising, instead of the mall that DR was in, its in a Beach Resort and you can repair, upgrade and modify your weapons.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Kitsuna wrote: »
    It was a win/win/win decision for me. Another 1000 GS, my own copy of Arkham Asylum handy in case my brother loses or sells his copy and last but not least, an excuse to play to Arkham Asylum again as opposed to working on my backlog.

Anyway, just cleared 1000/1000 on Iron Man 2. God, what a train-wreck of a game that was. Poor graphics, a utterly naff story and horrible controls. Had any of the achievements actually taken any real time or effort to get, I would've happily abandoned it. I feel sorry for anyone who picked it up at full price. I got it for a tenner and I still feel vaguely ripped off.

You 100%ed Iron Man 2? I got that game for free and I felt ripped off (and more than a little annoyed that it unbalanced my Gamerscore for more than a year before I went back in to round it out again).

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Willeth wrote: »

You 100%ed Iron Man 2? I got that game for free and I felt ripped off (and more than a little annoyed that it unbalanced my Gamerscore for more than a year before I went back in to round it out again).

I've enjoyed most of the superhero games I've played - X-Men: Destiny coming the closest to being bad - so I figured that Iron Man 2 would probably be okay. It goes without saying that I'm not going to be looking for a copy of the first game. :P

Anyway, to discuss better games, I just cleared 1000/1000 on Lego Batman after abandoning it briefly for Arkham Asylum and IM2. Mostly enjoyed it, though it got frustrating in places. Thank god for the all the Red Power Brick options, because Lego Batman just loves throwing hordes of enemies and obtuse puzzles at you.

Now I need to decide what to play next. I'd really like to hit 40,000 GS before next year rolls around and I'm on a week's holiday at the moment so I definitely want to score another complete game before returning to work.

Kitsuna on
    MGRSig2.jpg
  • Options
    Wow, you just reminded me that I bought Lego Batman 2. I really need to stop playing Mass Effect 3 MP and get back to bringing my score up, lol...

I really fell off once I broke 100k.

• Options
    And that's the 1000 on Alan Wake.

I left the game half done shortly after I'd bought it and I finally got back to it a couple of weeks ago after I finished off Lego Batman. It wasn't as hard to clear off as I thought it would be. I had to replay the first few levels to get all of those collectables, but I didn't run into the nightmare scenario of having one Thermos left somewhere and not knowing which one it was.

The Nightmare difficulty run-through was also a lot easier than I thought it would be, although I could have stood to have been considerably more trigger-happy. I don't think there was a single level that I finished where I didn't have a ton of ammo left.

Anyway, Alan Wake was definitely a fun and atmospheric game that's well worth playing.

MGRSig2.jpg
  • Options
    And there's another 1000 from N.C.I.S.

I grabbed it on the cheap a while back and finally got round to playing it. It was ridiculously easy and I got through it in about five hours, but it did enough to amuse me for an evening.

MGRSig2.jpg
  • Options
    I completed Dead Island GOTY and the Bloodbath DLC for a full 1250/1250, I tried Ryder White (a DLC without achievements) but it kinda sucked and seemed to reuse a shitload of stuff so I skipped that, Dead Islands first area is definitely its strongest and the best of them, the areas after that gets less fun, but overall I quite enjoyed it.

Started playing Syndicate which in my opinion is far better than the reviews make it out to be, and I'm glad I picked it up.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    i liked the city in dead island, the opening area got tired after i joined a billion friends who seemed perpetually stuck on the beach.
    the jungle was okay, but the later areas really did suck.

• Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    I borrowed the office copy of Rage and got to the point where they're making it very obvious about "Press A to go to a different part of the world, so you'd better finish up whatever sidequests you have before you do." So, I look up the super-secret hidden playing card locations just in case I missed something, and sure enough I was missing one card.

One card, that was only available during one mission, after which the entire map closes off to prevent you from ever going back and trying to get it. This screws me out of not only the "get all the cards" achievement, but the "100% the game" achievement. Thanks a lot, iD.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    And that's the 1000 on Alan Wake.

I left the game half done shortly after I'd bought it and I finally got back to it a couple of weeks ago after I finished off Lego Batman. It wasn't as hard to clear off as I thought it would be. I had to replay the first few levels to get all of those collectables, but I didn't run into the nightmare scenario of having one Thermos left somewhere and not knowing which one it was.

The Nightmare difficulty run-through was also a lot easier than I thought it would be, although I could have stood to have been considerably more trigger-happy. I don't think there was a single level that I finished where I didn't have a ton of ammo left.

Anyway, Alan Wake was definitely a fun and atmospheric game that's well worth playing.

I've been dying to get back to that game since at least the beginning of April and simply cannot. And there is no forseeable opportunity to do so, either.

And all I want at the moment is to simply collect all the damned coffee thermoses. I'm missing three and I don't know which three... It's driving me batty.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Games that dont set up a collectable checklist per chapter or open world games that dont help you at all with collectables are certainly getting a minus in my book.

Looking at you Prototype, you and your stupid 3 remaining orb thingies I need for 1000/1000, fuck you and yes I even platinumed every goddamn challenge and beat it on hard.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Games that dont set up a collectable checklist per chapter or open world games that dont help you at all with collectables are certainly getting a minus in my book.

Looking at you Prototype, you and your stupid 3 remaining orb thingies I need for 1000/1000, fuck you and yes I even platinumed every goddamn challenge and beat it on hard.

lol, I did that... but couldn't bring myself to play through it again, nor can I just... kill 50,000 things for no particular reason. I'm a softy, I guess. I think I cleared the game with under 10,000 kills, but I'd have to go back and look, lol.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    double post.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Went back and been getting Achievements in Earth Defense: Insect Armageddon. Dear god the extra dialogue in the Inferno ending was painful to listen too but the Gamer score so worth it. Just got a metric ass ton of grinding to clean up the rest of the achievements.

• Options

lol, I did that... but couldn't bring myself to play through it again, nor can I just... kill 50,000 things for no particular reason. I'm a softy, I guess. I think I cleared the game with under 10,000 kills, but I'd have to go back and look, lol.

If you use one of the Attack Chopper challenges you get infinite respawn and can rack up thousands easily, that achievement was pretty easy when you knew how, getting Platinum was pretty dang hard.

• Options
    It took me 3 hours and murdered my thumbs, but I've now got the achievement for unlocking the Kid in Super Meat Boy.

MGRSig2.jpg
  • Options

If you use one of the Attack Chopper challenges you get infinite respawn and can rack up thousands easily, that achievement was pretty easy when you knew how, getting Platinum was pretty dang hard.

oh yeah, I knew the challenges were the way to go for that, but I thought it was gratuitous, so I chose not to get it. :P

If I do smoe cleanups, I may knock out the "beat on hard" one.

• Options
    Hey guys, it turns out that they've got new achievements out for Full House Poker. I know, I thought they abandoned the game too, but look, new season! Maybe this means a revival, I kind of liked the live tournaments. Anyway, it's free, so nothing wasted except time.

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Hey guys, it turns out that they've got new achievements out for Full House Poker. I know, I thought they abandoned the game too, but look, new season! Maybe this means a revival, I kind of liked the live tournaments. Anyway, it's free, so nothing wasted except time.

WHOA! I'm THERE.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Haha, I was going to send you a message the other night on Live but I forgot. Don't forget to download the new Summer 2012 DLC from the Full House Poker listing in the Marketplace before you play.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Just a quick reminder that it's the 16th August and that Calendar Man has a story for those of us chasing that last achievement in Batman: Arkham City.

MGRSig2.jpg
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    So after a pretty unsuccessful attempt at cleaning up achievements in Halo: Reach with @Nocren we determined that 1)the TU is horseshit and not fun and 2) we're gonna need more people to do this.

And since the Halo thread is now just bitter old men complaining about Halo 4 :lol: I thought I'd drop a line in here and see if any other PA people who maybe don't frequent the Halo thread much are in need of some of the more annoying map pack achievements in Reach. If we could even get 2 more people to make a party of 4 it'd make some of them a lot more managable, but the more, the better (particularly for the infection ones).

So if you need them, post what times/days are good for you and lets see about organizing some stuff, maybe over a few nights over a few weeks.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand