As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Achievement Unlocked] II - Co-Op achievements without online can eat a dick

• furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    I completed Teslagrad yesterday. Definitely the easiest and shortest platinum I have earned. It took maybe 2 hours. Now I am working on super time force ultra and wolfenstein new order.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    My gamerscore is 153044 Thanks to Mad Max. They really found a way to ensure people will complete their game. :P

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Pretty sure I'm not going to enjoy the Robin campaigns. The Extreme predator maps were tough enough without any handicaps.

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Goat Simulator has a free trial today only. I spent ~2 hours and got 20/30 achievements. It's a dumb, fun game.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    81k! Woo!

It's not actually a milestone per se, but I wanted to play me some XCOM EU and set myself a goal before I'd start it. Tomorrow will be for Dishonored.

XCOM is bugging the hell out of me. I've played enough of Blood Bowl to be used to the RNG God fucking me. But creating a whole game that has no interest in the human playing it is messed up. Just like Dragon Age, I've started over multiple times and even knowing what is more-or-less coming I still seem to be doing it wrong. I like it, but is just isn't user friendly.

• Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    I completed Teslagrad yesterday. Definitely the easiest and shortest platinum I have earned. It took maybe 2 hours. Now I am working on super time force ultra and wolfenstein new order.
    Wuh? Took me 6 hours to get through that, and a couple of sections honestly stumped me.

Panda4You wrote: »
    Wuh? Took me 6 hours to get through that, and a couple of sections honestly stumped me.

There is a YouTube video of someone doing it in 54 minutes. I just followed along and hit pause when I got behind.

I cannot believe that MS is not allowing me to use a prepaid card because a credit card I used nearly a decade ago is no longer valid.

This fucking bullshit.

The Skate. games are on sale this week. So the usual reminder in case somebody is interested in playing online for achievement grinding.

Though probably not right away. I'll likely being going internet dark next week for an undetermined time.

Woo!

I picked up a few trophies since my last post. Mainly working on Diablo 3 ultimate evil edition. Quite a grid to get the platinum but nothing really that hard.

I don't think I mentioned what Sony did to with Driveclub. So I started it up just to see what it was like, and the game will not pull up the menu until after you have completed the first race. Well if do so you immediately earn 2 trophies. Which means that now I am going to have that stupid 1% completion dragging me down. I was up to 75% or thereabouts. Asshole move Sony.

• Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    I guess I'm back on the trophy train since getting a ps4. Got the plats in infamous and the order, and the plat and 100% in sound shapes since it's cross buy and easy and fun. Just started in on Shadow of mordor, which seems neat so far and doable. Oh and working on bastion too. And I guess drive club, even though I'm pretty sure I'll never plat it since I'm beyond terrible at that kind of game. I did buy the season pass+full game that was on sale though, so I'll keep chipping away at it over time.

I'm pretty happy about asscreed syndicate not having awful mp trophies. Might actually bother with the trophies in that one whenever I pick it up.

Edit: mordor done, onward to bloodborne!

Ah_Pook on
    Diablo 3 ultimate evil edition platinum is done. It took a while but I enjoyed it. I think I am going to continue playing with my friends until fallout 4. I am definitely going to earn the platinum in it and I don't have anything I am sure I can finish between now and then. I already looked at the trophy last for 4 and it seems pretty standard for a Bethesda game, nothing to difficult just carefully following the individual quest lines.

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Diablo 3 ultimate evil edition platinum is done. It took a while but I enjoyed it. I think I am going to continue playing with my friends until fallout 4. I am definitely going to earn the platinum in it and I don't have anything I am sure I can finish between now and then. I already looked at the trophy last for 4 and it seems pretty standard for a Bethesda game, nothing to difficult just carefully following the individual quest lines.

Odd timing, I just completed the last achievement in Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil Edition on Xbox one like 10 minutes ago. (the 500 bounties one was the last.)

I think I got that Diablo itch done right now, 1000/1000 on Xbox360 and 1000/1000 on Xbox One (friends picked up the game and I didnt mind playing it again.)

Sirialis on
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Been crushing out some Sunset Overdrive and Far Cry 4 achievements, partially spurred by having played Destiny and Halo 5 so much, I needed to go back to something different. My GS is still cursed by goddamn Ghost Recon, ending in a 6. I did however get all my consoles sorted this weekend, and think I'll fire up the 360 again and let it idle to knock out one of the damn Ghost Recon MP achievements that should land me a score ending in zero.

• Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    All that I have left in bloodborne is the endings and the insane chalice dungeon stuff. Haven't been this into a game on a long time. Also I don't know how anyone would see like half the crap in there without a guide of some kind. Even reading a guide on the endgame stuff leaves me scratching my head.

Ah_Pook wrote: »
    All that I have left in bloodborne is the endings and the insane chalice dungeon stuff. Haven't been this into a game on a long time. Also I don't know how anyone would see like half the crap in there without a guide of some kind. Even reading a guide on the endgame stuff leaves me scratching my head.

If you do not have a friend to summon be prepared for a long fucking grind. The chalice dungeon that halves your health and has one of the toughest bosses in the game is necessary for the platinum. But I was quite pleased to get it. You definitely feel like you earn it.

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    I'm down to 1 single achievement I can obtain right now that I dont have yet (Completed Jaws of Hakkon today), there are 3 DLC's I could get to finish of those games 100%, I'll get them when they drop in price, not in a rush right now.

Ready for Fallout 4!

EDIT: ... At least I thought so, until I saw that game D4 - Dark Dreams whatever is on my list with 0/1000, I guess that thing about booting up other games to make unplayed games disappear is either completely negated in the Preview Interface or were just never true to begin with.

For fucks sake, why cant we just delete unplayed games, like you could on the 360?

Sirialis on
    Whenever Fight Night Champion goes on sale, I think about picking it up.

Then I remember that EA totally shit the bed on the rival gym thing and I come to my senses.

Went back and actually finished the last mission in Arkham Knight to beat it the first time, was neat. Gotta play it again for NG+ and then do all the DLC achievements to complete.

Got Fallout 4 and Tomb Raider waiting to play, plus Halo 5. Really gotta get back into beating and 100%ing games though, I"m at like 80% now. Once upon a time I was close to breaking 90%, ha.h

• Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    so as some of you may be aware the Xbox 360 recently turned 10 years old, which also means that Achievements* are also 10 years old. this milestone has lead to some sharing their very first achievement.

so who wants to share their first? i'll get things kicked off.

mine was Cluster Buster in Hexic HD**.

anyway, i felt that this belonged here more than the Xbox Live thread since it is achievement specific. and its a nice walk down memory lane when achievement were shiny and new and we didn't yet understand the obsession that they would become.

*of the Xbox variety at least.
    **its worth noting that Trueachievements.com will pull your first online achievement, so may not be 100% accurate.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I got the same achievement, I could've sworn it was in Marvel Ultimate Alliance but whatever haha

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Probably the same for me. My first online achievement was something else in Hexic HD.

Rock School Grad from Guitar Hero 2 on 22 December, 2007.

I haven't unlocked anything since 20 Sept and haven't had my 360 since the beginning of October. And it's killing me.

• jclastjclast Registered User regular
    My first was also Cluster Buster. Hexic HD is stupid hard, too.

camo_sig2.png
    edited November 2015
    FYI because it's terribly unintuitive, but to view all your achievements (for any game) in the new Xbox Experience you have to go to the profiles on the sidebar (it's the top icon, and will be your gamerpic when you're logged in), pick your profile and then choose "my achievements"

Pressing "B" in the fullscreen App with a game going returns you to the game you're playing (or the "my games and apps" app), and if you're snapped just seems to unsnap it. Why they chose to change this or make launching your achievements tile or go fullscreen not be linked to the game you're playing is beyond me. Unless I've missed something. :|

tastydonuts on
    Marvel ultimate alliance 1. Perform 5 finishing moves. That is my first online achievement which is actually disappointing. Do you still have to buy all of the DLC for the game to count as completed? The ps4 version is so much better in that regard.

I don't know about the X1, but an update MS put out years ago meant you had to get all released achievements to count as 100% on the 360. So, yes. You have to have all the MUA DLC for 100%.

But Activision hasn't met a license they wouldn't abandon if it wouldn't make them money, so the DLC is no longer available on XBL. But you can get it in either the MUA Gold Edition or the Platinum Hits version.

edited November 2015
    I don't know about the X1, but an update MS put out years ago meant you had to get all released achievements to count as 100% on the 360. So, yes. You have to have all the MUA DLC for 100%.

But Activision hasn't met a license they wouldn't abandon if it wouldn't make them money, so the DLC is no longer available on XBL. But you can get it in either the MUA Gold Edition or the Platinum Hits version.

Yeah, you can't 100% MUA2 either due to the DLC. Sadly, they gave a window of time to actually be able to re-buy it but I missed it back then :T

Memories, painful memories of completions forever lost

tastydonuts on
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I bought a 360 at launch, but I didn't really know about what exactly Achievements were and that sort of thing, and they didn't really matter to me yet, and I ended up selling my first 360 pretty early on

When I bought my second one, and started up my proper Gamertag that I still use today, this was apparently my first:
    Lickity Split (10)
    Clear out the Apartment and April’s Loft in 2:00 minutes or less.

From TMNT Arcade, earned on April 7, 2007

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure my first Achievement was one from the PC version of Game Room as I didn't have a 360 at the time and Game Room was free so I used that as an excuse to make a gamertag.

Yeah, you can't 100% MUA2 either due to the DLC. Sadly, they gave a window of time to actually be able to re-buy it but I missed it back then :T

I missed it, too. However, if you know somebody who has it, you can play co-op with them and still get the achievements. I've got the 1000 on-disc achievements and just need the last 250...

I missed it, too. However, if you know somebody who has it, you can play co-op with them and still get the achievements. I've got the 1000 on-disc achievements and just need the last 250...

Really? I didn't know that. But can you still download the compatibility packs?

I don't remember there being any, but there probably were.

It doesn't appear they're even available, either. For either game. So, yeah. Fuck Activision.

edited November 2015
    There aren't any "all DLC" versions of them out in the wild either, right?

tastydonuts on
    Just the first one. Look for either a Gold Edition or the Platinum Hits version. I keep seeing that the Platinium Hits needs to be the Special Edition, but have never heard of it not coming with the DLC characters. I think the Gold and Platinum are the same thing just in different packaging.

MUA 2 never got that far. I picked up a Gold Edition from a Gamestop as a gift for a friend last year, so they're out there. Kind of pricey at about $40, but there you go...

Mephisto's Realm spoiler:
    I've never got around to trying it, but I hear that Magneto is the only way to save both Nightcrawler and Jean Grey.

edited November 2015
    I completed MUA 1 100%, but MUA 2 is the one that got away for me.

Haven't been on the hunt as hard as I used to be lately, mostly just playing Destiny and Warframe (and now Halo 5).

This weekend I think I'm going to try and knock out NG+ in Batman Arkham Knight, and do the DLC stuff. Then maybe turn my attention back to Mad Max.

Have they mentioned when the next wave of BC games is going to get unlocked? Kind of want to start working on 360 games too (without turning on the jet engine)

tastydonuts on
    I picked up Dark Souls 2 Scholar of the first sin edition for my PS4 and I will finally be able to have a platinum trophy in the souls series. I wish they had released the first one as well. I am trying to finish up fallout 4 first but the The trophy for completing 50 miscellaneous quests is a massive pain in the ass since it is not easy to find them.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I bought the GOTY edition Shadows of Mordor on sale. Apparently a separate game from the vanilla version, as my saves don't transfer and it has an entire separate cheevo list. I was kinda bummed at first but it's a good excuse to play through again.

Because it's kind of my thing, I like getting achievements on Christmas Day and New Year's Eve and Day. To that end, I'll be hooking up my 360 that week. Since I'm not being especially active right now, I might just start some new games to ensure the points.

However, why do that if I don't have to? I'll try and come up with a list of potential co-op stuff and see if there is any interest. But I do know that XCOM Enemy Unknown has an achievement for winning an online game.

Anybody interested in taking a dive?