Options

[DnD] The Fantastical Contraption - Pt. 4 - Heart of Darkness

18911131452

Posts

  • Options
    Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    *edited last post to reflect the turn.

    Smoove Operator on
    Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness
    _____________________________________________

    HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    As Swanky dashes closer and closer to the kobold chieftain, his hands come desperately close to the artifact. The kobold notices him at the last moment, though, and bats his hands away.

    Farangu on
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Paging Korin.

    "Carrel sends another blast of fey energy that goes wide."

    Witchfire against the Chieftain, Miss.

    Farangu on
  • Options
    KinahtoKinahto Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Sorry for the delay once again. Anyway, time to bust out the daily, now that he's visible...

    Suddenly, Korin quiets, his normally loud angry shouting during a fight quieting into a a cold, focused fury. "I've had enough of these tricks and illusions. Your fate was sealed the first time one of your men hurt my brothers. You will die here and now... do you know why? BECAUSE I WAS BORN FOR THIS!" Korin thrusts forward with his glaive and strikes a grievous blow against the Chieftain. As he attacks, for a moment it almost looks like some kind of golden halo forms around his head. Was it a trick of the light, or something more?

    "Everyone! Close to me!" If any of his brothers heed his command, they find themselves filled with the same confidence and fervor Korin usually displays.

    Move - Shift to C2
    Standard-Battleborn Acuity - HIT! for 16 damage. Also, until the EOMNT, allies adjacent to me gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls, and a +3 bonus to damage rolls. This effect can be sustained with a minor.

    Also, yes, I have been waiting all game to use that corny line with this power.

    Kinahto on
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    "The chieftain seems to notice the fact that he is surrounded. He lets loose a primal yell, and aims for the legs of the halfling. He slices up along the leg, nearly severing a few tendons, and leaves a wound that will certainly slow the halfling down for a while. He then neatly pivots and swipes at the dragonborn, who deflects with his glaive at the last second."

    Chief regains use of Knee Splitter since he missed a target, uses it on Swanky: Hit for 15 damage, and Swanky is immobilized(save ends), with an aftereffect of being slowed(seperate save ends). He then ACTION POINTS to swing at Korin with his axe, narrowly missing.

    Stats:
    Chieftain: HP:75, AC:17, Fort:14, Ref:11, Will:13

    Map:
    chieftain3.png

    Up next: Everybody

    Farangu on
  • Options
    AegofAegof Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    "If you want the device that badly, you can have it Swanky!" Daus said to his wounded brother. "But wait until he's dead to take it off of him!" Daus glanced back at the kobold, and said with a smile "As you did with his men."

    And the voices of all those who died today fell around the Chieftan. Kobolds and bats and slime, damnations and blame and pain. Could any leader brush aside such failure? The chieftan in front of them could not.


    End Light.
    Shift to B0.
    Majestic Word on Swanky. He spends a healing surge, gets an additional +3, and can slide 1; I'll let him decide where.
    Horrid Whispers vs Will: 1d20+6 23 1d6+5 11
    The Chieftan is slowed and takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls (save ends both).
    Aftereffect: The Chieftan is knocked prone.


    ...And yeah, that line about giving Swanks the trinket was a huge lie. (21)

    Hey has Skarr marked this guy yet? Now might be an appropriate time, if not.

    Daus: HP: 18/20, AC: 14, Fort: 10, Ref: 14, Will: 16, Surges: 2/6

    Aegof on
    I'm providing ambience.
  • Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Crap! I don't think I did mark him yet. Its still something about 4e fighters that Im getting used to. I just missed out on opportunity attack, and giving him a penalty to hit, didn't I? Sorry fellas...

    Skarr tusked maw splits wide open in a menacing smile as the spilt blood foils the Kobolds spell and his brothers begin to pile on. It gets even wider when Korin's golden halo suffused Skarr with power. This Kobold liked to cut the legs out from under his foes? Well, Skarr liked it too, and Skarr was better at it by far. He bellowed his fearsome warcry right into the Kobold face, "Waagh!"

    Skarr's mighty Axe comes in on a low horizontal path, taking the Kobold at the left knee and very nearly taking the whole leg with it. The kobold buckled as the limb can barely support its weight anymore and nearly fell.


    Minor Action: Mark the Kobold
    Move Action: -
    Standard Action: Steel Serpet Strike vs. Kobold
    1d20+9 = 27 to hit +1 from Korin = 28
    2d12+5 = 15 damage + 3 from Korin + 3 Reroll = 21

    The target is slowed and cannot shift until the end of my next turn.

    Question: I just remembered that Skarr's axe is Brutal 2, how does that work with Orokos/PBP? Does rolling that 1 or 2 on a damage die merit a reroll like at the table, or should I just consider the die a 3 and keep playing? EDIT: SOLVED!

    Steelhawk on
  • Options
    Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Healing surge (6+3) = 9, slide left to A2 (I can still slide while immobilized if someone else's ability causes it, right?).

    "Oh god, my knee, my beautiful knee!" screamed Swanky. "Taste my gimpy wrath!" Swanky balanced on one leg as he thrust his sword into the back of the kobold chief.
    Piercing Strike:
    Dex v Ref (With CA flanking with Korin)
    1d20+11; 3d6+5 = 28 HIT; 14 Dmg

    As the sword dug deep into the kobold, he glanced at the small cylinder hanging from his enemy's neck. But Im SOO close. He heeded his brother's words, though and resisted grabbing at the amulet again.

    When he pulled the sword back, he nearly fell as the a sharp pain ripped through his wounded knee.

    Save v Immobilized
    Stats:
    18/24 hp - 0 surges
    16AC 12FORT 16REF 13WILL

    Smoove Operator on
    Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness
    _____________________________________________

    HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Refresh my memory on what the book says on Brutal; I can't find it.

    Farangu on
  • Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I don't have the book with me, but a quick use of Google-Fu gives me a wiki...

    http://hastur.net/wiki/Weapon_properties_%284E%29#Brutal
    Brutal
    A brutal weapon’s minimum damage is higher than that of a normal weapon. When rolling the weapon’s damage, reroll any die that displays a value equal to or lower than the brutal value given for the weapon. Reroll the die until the value shown exceeds the weapon’s brutal value, and then use the new value.

    For example, the execution axe has a property of brutal 2. If a fighter wielding this weapon hits with steel serpent strike (a 2[W] power), the player rolls 2d12 for the weapon damage, rerolling a die result of 1 or 2 until the die shows 3 or higher.

    It also says this in the wiki...
    Because this property is mechanically cumbersome, some campaigns replace it with the High Critical property. Check with your DM.

    Steelhawk on
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    It's not that cumbersome looking to me. Reroll that one die until you get higher than a 2.

    Farangu on
  • Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Done, and my above post has been edited to reflect the final damage.

    Steelhawk on
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    In the future, if a damage die comes up like that, post the original damage roll, and the a separate link for the die reroll.

    Farangu on
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    "Carrel prepares to let loose another blast of energy. It goes wide again.

    'FffffffffffffffFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF""

    Eldritch blast vs. Chief; Miss.

    Paging Korin

    Farangu on
  • Options
    KinahtoKinahto Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    A grim smile spreads across Korin's face as he looked down at the Kobold, having deflected it's last two attacks. "Hit him again, Skarr." Skarr felt compelled to strike their opponent once again.

    Standard - Ire Strike(Augment 2)-Scar can use a free action to shift to a square adjacent to the target, and then make a melee basic attack against it. If it hits, the attack deals 1d8 extra damage, and the target has vulnerability 5 to all damage until the EOMNT.
    Minor - Sustain Battleborn Acuity

    Also the gold halo has well and disappeared by this point, it's a flavor thing to hint at Korin's psionic powers. Remember, he doesn't know he has them yet.

    Kinahto on
  • Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Skarr is caught off guard by Korin's sudden opening, and fails to capitalize on it. His lackluster swing lacking any real power, the kobold deftly slips away from it.

    Grimacing at his failure, Skarr gives a nod to Korin for his efforts. "Next time, brother."



    Melee Basic vs. Kobold
    1d20+9+1(from Korin)= 16, MISS!


    Please disregard this roll. I clicked to roll an at-will first, not a melee basic. It would have hit. Sigh.
    http://4e.orokos.com/roll/19330


    Stat Block:
    HP:28/31, AC:17, F:16, R:11, W:11, Surges: 8/12, Action Points: 1
    Effects: Filth Fever
    Powers Used: Brute Strike, Steel Serpent Strike

    Steelhawk on
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    "Skarr's challenge doesn't seem to faze the kobold too much. In fact, he takes it as an opportunity to really focus on delivering pain. He grins, and then steps into Skarr's guard, slicing high with his axe and drawing a sizable cut across his forehead. While the orc's attention is to the top half of his body, the kobold capitalizes with a knee to Skarr's crotch.

    This beastie just does not like crotches. Fortunately for the orc, his follow-up swing goes wide somehow. He begins to laugh wildly at his string of assaults, but just as he is about to taunt the reeling orc, the second part of Daus's illusion kicks in, knocking him to the floor. He senses his end coming soon, but his fight has been good; he sinks to the floor with a grin on his face."

    Axe to Skarr: Hit for 9. Minor to Cheap Shot Skarr: Hits for no damage but stunning Skarr. He then ACTION POINTS to swing at Skarr again; missing the final strike. He Saves against Daus's spell, knocking him prone.

    Stats:
    Chieftain: HP:29, Bloodied, AC:17, Fort:14, Ref:11, Will:13, Prone, slowed until Skarr's turn

    No notable map change, he isn't moving anytime soon.

    FINISH HIM

    Farangu on
  • Options
    Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    The pain in his knee was unbearable, but the sight of a helpless kobold standing laying right in front of him seemed to assuage the pain. He drove his sword down towards the chieftain...
    Piercing Strike: Dex v Ref (w/ CA)
    1d20+11=26 HIT
    3d6+5 = 17 DAMAGE

    The sword dug deep into the kobold. He was still alive, but decidedly closer to death. As Swanky was pulling the blade out, the glint of the cylinder caught the halfling's eye and the pull was too much, he took another swipe for the bauble.
    ACTION POINT (ya, that happened...action point for a skill check)
    1d20+11 = 22
    Question: it would be yet another standard action to roll thievery again to quickly palm/hide the trinket, yes?
    Save vs Immobil:
    1d20=11

    When Swanky stood back up he noticed his knee was feeling markedly better, though he knew he should still wait a few minutes before attempting any of his trademark acrobatics.

    Smoove Operator on
    Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness
    _____________________________________________

    HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Actually, I'm becoming more and more a fan of Gabe's ruling about skill checks, i.e. if they're not incredibly major or move related, they can be minor actions.

    "As the chieftain has slightly more important things to worry about, Swanky is easily able to grab the artifact from around his neck. Of course, what happens next, no one could have predicted..."

    Now unfortunately, I have to go back into work to finish off the day. So for right now, freeze. No-one take any more actions.

    Farangu on
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    "As Swanky rips the artifact from the kobold's neck, he lets out a shriek of what seems like surprise and pain. It escalates, louder and louder, until you seem sure that no mortal force can produce a noise that loud. Suddenly, there is a brilliant flash of light that forces you to avert your eyes. As you turn back towards the kobold, you notice a few changes about him. One is that his wounds have all closed up. Another is that his eyes have now turned ice blue.

    Oh, and he's also floating.

    He lets out a ghastly laugh. "FINALLY, a way onto this cursed realm!"

    Behind you, you hear Carrel gasp. "That voice..."

    While little more than a murmur, the kobold hears it quite clearly, and turns towards your brother. "Ah, hello there, my little gnome. You did not think I would find you this easily, did you? A foolish mistake, my little pawn. And your last, I'm afraid. NO gift of mine comes without price."

    Carrel's look of fear turns into determination. "This is more than just your table scraps I'm wielding, creature! I've turned this into my own power, subject to my own will!"

    With that, the kobold throws his head back and laughs even harder. "Oh, you poor fool. I was just going to humiliate you for millennia. But now, I have to kill you. Matter of pride, you see. And look, we even have an audience!"

    With a gesture, he waves towards you four, pinning you to the wall. "You have the honor of watching your brother struggle in vain against a current he had no chance of watering." And with that, he turned back to Carrel, who was already chanting lines of fey power. He sent forth an immense blast of blue energy, hurtling towards the fey creature...which merely bounced off of him, shrinking into nothingness. As the gnome slumped, exhausted, the creature floated up to him. "And now, the fun begins...for me, anyway." With that, he picks up your brother, and with a scream, both of their bodies dematerialize. All their possessions drop to the floor where they stood.

    Your brother is gone."

    Farangu on
  • Options
    KinahtoKinahto Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    As soon as he's free, Korin charges forward to where Carrel and the thing that was once a Kobold last were, and begins swinging his glaive wildly in anger. "DAMMIT! COME BACK YOU COWARD! FIGHT ME!" He keeps swinging and swinging, until, spending all his energy, he collapses to the floor, and begins sobbing uncontrollably. "He-" he struggles to say through the tears, "He's really gone..."

    Kinahto on
  • Options
    AegofAegof Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    "No-- No he's not," Daus said. If he said it. "Not like--" If he said it. "Like--" If he believed it. "The Feywild--" If they believed it. "He's in the Feywild."

    "We just have to--" Maybe it would be true. "--go get him."

    Bluff: 1d20+10 19
    Is anyone buying that? No one's buying that.

    Arcana: 1d20+9 15
    To figure out what happened. In a magical sense. What that thing was, where it went, whatever might be relevant.

    Aegof on
    I'm providing ambience.
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Daus:
    Power that comes from the Feywild is often fickle, and seldom straightforward. If Carrel had entered into some form of contract with a being from that realm to enhance his spells, he had to expect this to be coming.

    Which is a fancy way of saying that he hasn't posted for two weeks, and I've found a replacement.

    Farangu on
  • Options
    KinahtoKinahto Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Insight: 14

    Darn, I was hoping to succeed, would've probably been more dramatic. Ah well, have to take the dice as they fall...


    "A-are you really telling the truth this time, Daus? Please, tell me you are!" Korin says, drying his tears on his sleeve.

    He stands, and now seeming more determined, says, "It doesn't matter either way. Whatever that thing was, I'm going to kill it. No one hurts my brothers and gets away with it."

    Kinahto on
  • Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Insight = 12

    Skarr stands still for a moment, stunned at what had just happened. It didn't make any sense, first the Kobold was bloody and very nearly beaten, then it was healed. Then it said some words, that truthfully Skarr didn't understand a word of, and dissapeared with Carrel.

    Skarr looked to his brothers for understanding, and found none. Daus was saying something about the feywild and Korin was in hysterics.

    "What...what just happened?" Skarr asks, "I don't understand, they were just here...what magic is this?" Skarr is growing angrier now, pacing the room and his voice rising with every word. Rounding on Daus, he bellows, "Where is Carrel?! Where did he go, Daus?! WHERE DID HE GO!!!!!!?????"

    Deep in his soul, Skarr knew the truth. Carrel was gone. Although his head and his heart would not accept it until much later. Skarr had never known much about Carrel's magic, but he knew it was different than Corrin or Daus's magic. The gnomes' powers were always somewhat more...sinister, somehow. There was always a price to pay.

    Steelhawk on
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Skarr, Korin:
    Power that comes from the Feywild is often fickle, and seldom straightforward. If Carrel had entered into some form of contract with a being from that realm to enhance his spells, he had to expect this to be coming.

    Which is a fancy way of saying that he hasn't posted for two weeks, and I've found a replacement.

    Congratulations. You've made it through the prelude. You are now each level 2. Advance your characters as appropriate.

    "Although you don't want to move, you realize that your current settings are not the most fitting place to properly mourn Carrel. You pick up his belongings, along with what was on the chieftain's body when it dematerialized; 180 gp, and a large piece of leather which, when picked up, seems to actively divert light away from it. Daus's Shadowdance Armor +1

    You search, but find nothing more of use in this chamber. Which is fine with you; you only want to leave this place and rejoin your father as soon as you can. You leave the bandit's lair, and begin your solemn trek home, which is very quiet, and heavy with thought, most likely how your father will react to the news. Telling him is not a task you will relish, and you hope to help soften the blow by picking up a bottle of wine of the same year as the one the cat smashed two days ago.

    So much can happen in two days' time, you can't help but think.

    After the better part of a day's ride, you return to the Reach. You find the door unlocked, and enter the family room to find Corran engaged in a sketch on the table, and three humans about your age eating in the adjoining kitchen. You recognize them as your friends, The Lost Boys. Homeless boys who make a living in the forest that surrounds the back of the Reach, they've long been the most notable contacts your age you've had in your lives; Kaneel, leader of the three, with Swanky's penchant for mischief but a generally good heart, Pelton, who was always fascinated with Corran's history, and Dort, the bulky yet stupid muscle of the group. Although their first true love was always trying to see how far they could antagonize Corran without repercussions, lately there's been a bit of a detente between the two parties.

    Corran greets you without even looking up from his work. "Back already, are you? That was fast. Thought I'd get some more time to myself out of the deal. But now that you're here, maybe you can talk these ragamuffins you call friends out of eating my entire pantry."

    At this, Dort raises his head. "Hey, you said we could eat this! Besides, it's tasty." He turns to you. "You guys wan...hey, wait...where's Carrel?"

    At this, all eyes in the house turn to you four."

    Rules for the skill challenge to make your new equipment will be coming later today.

    Farangu on
  • Options
    Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Swanky was uncharacteristically quiet the entire way home. He had searched the room and divvied up the swag as per usual, but he did it without saying a word. He quietly fiddled with the small cylinder and kept his head down.

    Should've listened to Daus. If I hadn't needed this cursed thing so bad maybe that whatever was hiding in that kobold wouldn't have gotten free and taken Carrell. The thought played over and over in his head. His antics had always had consequences, but nothing permanent, nothing like this.

    When they reached Corran's house they were greeted jovially bytheir father and the Lost Boys. Swanky managed a weak smile at them. The halfing turned to his brother, "Sorry I didn't listen to you Daus." He then handed the kobold's token to Corran and said quietly, "Here, I don't really want this. Maybe you can figure it out. They can tell you what happened. If anyone needs me, I'll be up in my room." And with that he sullenly walked to his room.

    Orokos reflects Swanky level 2. As a character point, Daus go ahead and tack on a +2 to bluff checks against Swanky, he will be more likely to blindly believe you out of guilt.

    Smoove Operator on
    Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness
    _____________________________________________

    HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • Options
    KinahtoKinahto Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    "Dad..." Korin once again struggled in vain to hold back tears, "He's gone. Something came out when we took the device and... it took him."

    It becomes too much, and Korin falls to his knees, a blubbering wreck. "I'm sorry! He was my brother, and I couldn't protect him..." He grasps for his father, just looking for something to hold onto, something he can rely on, and hugs him tightly. It seems like he's still trying to speak, but whatever meaning behind what he's saying is lost between the sobs.

    Skarr, to be fair, Korin's ALWAYS in hysterics of one form or another. This just happens to be sobbing hysterics. :)

    And Korin's sheet is updated as well. I've retrained my Mantle of Readiness, it just didn't seem to be that useful, to give my dragon breath a bit more utility.

    Kinahto on
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    "Korin's babbling admission leads to a thorough retelling of the events of the past two days. The myriad encounters you've had, the creatures you've had, the gear you've found...and the final encounter. There are no sounds in the air aside from you three speaking, as if even the trees were listening in stunned silence. Finally, your story comes to an end. Corran sits there, in stunned silence. He had always had a soft spot for Carrel; head focused in completely the wrong area, but it was no small comfort to have another gnome in the house. After sitting for a few minutes, he stares at the Dillibrac piece, grabs it, and retreats to his workshop, closing the door softly behind him.

    He didn't even glance at the bottle of Gnarvale 1092.

    After he leaves, both Kaneel and Pelton turn to you, and ask, "What was that thing he carried? Why'd you go an' get it for 'im?"

    RULES FOR CREATING YOUR ITEMS:
    Roll 3d10. To one die, add your Int mod. To another, your highest mod. To the last, your lowest mod. Post each roll, separately, in here. Since this is your first try, I'll be generous: There will be no negative consequences. Either you get the base item, or it gets an additional property that will be beneficial to you.

    Farangu on
  • Options
    AegofAegof Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Daus didn't object to his father taking the device from him; he would want a good look at it later, but for now, just holding the thing was painful.

    "He wanted it," Daus said to the Boys, ignoring their first question. "And getting it sounded like an adventure." He had a better reason to find the rest, now.

    "I have work to do," Daus said, turning to his room.

    1d10 + Intelligence: 1d10+4 6
    1d10 + highest mod: 1d10+4 10
    1d10 + lowest mod: 1d10+0 10

    Daus is updated.

    Aegof on
    I'm providing ambience.
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Daus:
    "You were never one for leatherworking. It wasn't the fact that it was honest work that bothered you. It was the smell. All the chemicals needed to properly manipulate leather got to you, let alone the even stranger chemicals needed for magic leather. Nonetheless, you make a valiant effort in creating your armor from your schematics. You might have done even better had Corran been able to assist in a few key spots...but you haven't seen him since he disappeared into his workshop. Still, you manage to give the work a little bit of your signature flair."

    You may choose one of the following perks to add onto your Shadowdance Armor +1.

    +2 to stealth while you wear the armor.
    Any checks made to see through your Changeling Disguise take an additional -3 penalty.

    Posting this not to rush you guys along, but because susan has been a very patient person. I want to reward him.

    "Just as the Lost Boys begin to realize they probably won't get any more answers from you right now, you hear a sudden series of clanking coming from the workshop, as well as what sounds like steam being released. You hear the locks to the workshop being released, and the doors open to reveal Corran walking out, being followed by a large Warforged. You are all a bit surprised to see such a machine active.

    "Vista here was one of my first experiments designed with you boys in mind. Thought it'd be nice to give a war machine a job watching over you boys when you were young. Didn't quite go as planned, so I put him in storage. But now that..." Corran has trouble continuing his sentence.

    "...that you need him, I'm sending him with you. I found out where the next piece is. I'm finishing this for him. But not now. Now...I need to study this." You can tell that that wasn't necessarily what he wanted to say. He must have some troubles dealing with loss, living for so long on his own like he did. And with that, he retreats back into his workshop."

    Susan, you can start posting now. I also still need a token picture for you, as well as a wishlist of items you might like to find.

    Farangu on
  • Options
    susansusan Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Stats, Picture, Wishlist:
    Vista, Warforged Barbarian

    warforged_knight.jpg

    Wishlist Examples:
    -Cloak of Resistance/Ornament of Alertness/Cloak of Distortion/there's a lot of good Neck Slot items...
    -Iron Armbands of Power
    -Acrobat Boots
    -Gloves of Piercing
    -Vorpal Greatsword +6 *whistles*

    Vista walks into the room, swinging glowing eyes about to take in the full scene. Her eyes eventually fall on her fellow party members, and she speaks in a hallow sing-song voice, "Hello children of Corran. I am Vista, and I am to accompany you on your search and act as your bodyguard and protector. I do not believe you remember me, for it has been many years since I have been active, though it delights me to see you in such good health and with such accomplishments to your credit. It saddens me greatly though to hear of Carrel, though perhaps in our travels we shall discover his location and be able to mount a rescue."

    Vista then turns to glance at the stunned Lost Boys. Her overlarge wood and metal hand begins to reach for the Greatsword strapped securely to her massive shoulders and she asks you, "I do not know these persons; should they be considered hostile?"

    Glad to be in the game, hello everyone!

    susan on
    2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
  • Options
    KinahtoKinahto Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Korin, now slightly more ahold of himself, stands up. "I'm sorry... metal-y person. I'd introduce myself but... I need some time alone." He takes the two strange pieces of leather that once belonged to his brother, and takes them to his room with him.

    Sitting at his personal workbench, Korin looks toward the heavens and says, "I'm sorry, Carrel, but I'm going to borrow these, okay? I know I'm not as good at this stuff as you are... but I swear I'll do my best, and when I see you again, you can have them back." He looks back down at the strips of leather, and gripping them in his hands, declares, "And I will see you again. I promise!"

    Korin indeed works as hard as he can, creating what is possibly his greatest creation yet. He hopes Carrel will be proud of it, when he finally sees it that is...

    Making the Feyleaf Sandals:

    Int mod - 1d10+0 = 10!
    High mod - Cha - 1d10+4 = 9
    Low mod - Int/Wis/Str - 1d10+0 = 8

    Thank you Orokos for FINALLY LENDING TO DRAMA JEEZ.

    Also, good to have you susan!

    Kinahto on
  • Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Sigh. I'm a lazy bastard that doesn't want to go back through all the posts....I'm also at work with, ya know, things to do.

    Does someone have a tally of the treasure we each have earned this adventure? I'd appreciate it.

    Farangu, do you want those d10 rolls before we level up, or after? i.e Do these rolls include the +1 per half your level, or just the straight ability modifier?

    Hey Susan!

    Steelhawk on
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Korin:
    Damn, son. You can choose one of the following qualities to add to your sandals:

    ENCOUNTER POWER: Use to increase Speed by 1 UEOYNT
    Add 2 to your Acrobatics skill
    ENCOUNTER POWER: Use to add +2 to your next attack roll. If it hits, subtract 2 from your damage roll.

    I have the day off, so I'll just tally up everything.

    So far, you've found:
    2 cuts of topaz, worth 100 gp each
    360 gp
    Addergrease Armor +1
    Feyleaf Sandals +1
    Vanguard Execution Axe +1
    Shadowdance Armor +1
    Two potions of healing

    Dice rolls occur before you level up, just the straight mod.

    OH AND I ALMOST FORGOT

    Since you are all considered resting...anyone suffering from the Filth Fever makes an Endurance check, with stats from before you leveled.

    Farangu on
  • Options
    susansusan Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Steelhawk wrote: »
    Hey Susan!

    ...Oh no, it's you... :P

    So we're the bashers of the group? Awesome, should be fun times 8-) .

    susan on
    2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
  • Options
    KinahtoKinahto Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Endurance check: 21

    I think I'm okay. :)

    As for the sandals, I think I'll take the speed increase encounter power.

    EDIT: Oh, and what kind of action is it to use that power?

    Kinahto on
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Korin, after a lengthy period of rest, recovers on his own from the fever.

    And it's a minor to use the power.

    Farangu on
  • Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    1d10+0(Intelligence) = 7
    1d10+4(Highest-Str) = 10
    1d10+0(Lowest-Int again) = 2

    Terrible rolls, and they should do me no favours...but perfect for the character. Skarr is not good at this kind of stuff...

    Steelhawk on
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Also need the endurance check. After that, you can level Skarr up.

    Farangu on
Sign In or Register to comment.