Options

[DnD] The Fantastical Contraption - Pt. 4 - Heart of Darkness

1464748495052»

• Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Well, there is no way Skarr is that clever. Someone smarter than the Orc fighter figure this one out.

• Options
    AegofAegof Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'll take a ten on Arcana to move us along.

"Let's take a look at the last room again," Daus says.

Perception: 1d20+3 12 on the murals.

I'm providing ambience.
  • Options
    IlliantharIllianthar GMT -0700Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Spend 1 surge, back to 40/50; have 7/10 surges left.

Tharatus sticks close to Daus as they wander back into the room with the murals, ready for any other surprises that might present themselves. He then follow's Daus's gaze and gives the murals a once-over, to see if he can discern anything.

Perception: 1d20+3 21

Illianthar on
  • Options
    MaxFrostMaxFrost Registered User regular
    Sorry to do this, but I'm dropping from all games effective immediately. Life has gotten in the way, mostly in the pursuit of other hobbies. Best wishes, hopefully you can find a replacement quickly.

• Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular

Well, I'll leave it to the players. Should we hold yet another recruitment drive?

• Options
    As opposed to having only 4 players? I'd be alright with that, we can always recruit another later if we need it.

I'm still having fun and don't want the whole game to peter out though, thats for sure.

• Options
    'd prefer to have a Leader about myself, but we could give four players a go.

...Actually, Bards have an Int-secondary build, don't they? I might like to make Daus's multiclass into a hybrid if we go for four players.

I'll tentatively vote for recruitment drive, in the hopes that Leader Number Three surprises us by sticking around.

I'm providing ambience.
  • Options
    Thats a good point. We could use a leader.

• Options
    Well then. I'll start spinning up the enlistment turbines upon my return from work tonight.

• Options
    Yeah, let's see if we can scare up another Leader. Otherwise, Daus can probably fill the two roles, so long as those damn strikers don't get themselves beat up too much... :)

• Options
    susansusan Registered User regular
    Leaders are nice, they keep Vista alive when I try to take down a Dragon with my teeth. :)

2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
  • Options
    Ok guys, there's a couple of submissions to look over. Here's the thread. I want you guys to PM me the character you'd like to see joining you.

• Options
    And the submissions are in. Gatsby's Genasi Warlord will soon be joining the group.

• Options
    Also, I'm silly and completely missed Ill's check.

Tharatus:
    Looking on the murals, you see intricate designs and patterns. You also see one particular spot that looks a bit more discolored than just age should do to it.

• Options
    Focusing in on the discolored portion of the mural, Tharatus motions to the rest of the group.

"I think I've found something that might open another path. Everyone step away, just in case..."

After waiting for everyone to retreat to a safe distance, Tharatus takes a deep breath and fulfills his role as human trap-detector, pressing down on the discolored spot in the mural.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Skarr steps back and gets ready for whatever is about to happen. Meaning, he gets his axe ready to hit someone.

The slowdown in game had fortuitous timing. My wife gave me a son on Tuesday!!! Yay me!!

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Congrats Steelhawk!!! Have fun with your new family member!

Illianthar on
  • Options
    Congrats, Hawk.

As Tharatus presses on the particular section of wall, it succumbs to his touch. Various machinery can be heard in the background, clicking and whirring. Then, the mural folds in from the inside. You see high walls flanking a flight of oversized stairs leading up.

• Options
    susansusan Registered User regular
    Congrats Steel :) !

Vista draws her sword and proceeds to the staircase. Turning to her companions, she says, "We do not know the potential dangers ahead; I would request permission to proceed first."

2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
  • Options
    Tharatus nods as Vista moves forward, then motions everyone else through the opening, content to move to the back of the group, in case they are followed. He also searches the walls of the staircase on the other side of the mural to see if there's a switch to close the opening, so that others will not know of their route.

Perception: 1d20+2 = 6

Hope it's an obvious lever or something...

• Options
    Daus moves carefully and quietly down the staircase, not wanting to get caught unawares by undead again.

Stealth: 1d20+2 20
    Perception: 1d20+3 17

And yeah, congratulations Steelhawk! Days later.

I'm providing ambience.
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Even though my character hasn't been formally introduced yet, congratulations on the baby Steelhawk!

• Options
    Skarr moves into line behind his brother, his axe always at the ready.

"Why Banites keep undead in their temple? Skarr does not think zombies make good roommates."

Thanks! Its been good times. :D

• Options
    "Decent weapons if you can wield them right, though." Daus says quietly. "And stand the stench,"

I'm providing ambience.
  • Options
    "Zombies smell worse than Skarr's sock drawer..." The tough Orc mutters.

• Options
    Our DM seems to have dissapeared. That makes me a sad panda.

I guess we let this thread lie idle until Farangu comes back?

• Options
    Not much else we can do, yeah? Not gonna hold out hope; he's not been online at all since October.

I'm providing ambience.