As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

BREAKING NEWS: Fat Kids, Shoes, Fat Kids Can't Enlist

• Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Veretas wrote: »
    I've just been running and doing push-ups and crunches recently. I don't really have the money to invest into proper weight training and the respective diet for it.

If you honestly think that, you're not trying. Also, weight training is bullshit if all you're looking to do is get in shape. You can do everything you need to get ripped with floor space and a good pair of shoes. Hell, if you want to get in shape, challenge yourself to one day be able to pass a Marine Corps physical fitness test. 80 crunches in under 2 minutes, 3 miles in under 28 minutes and 3 dead hang pullups. That's the bare minimum. Also, eating healthy is way cheaper than not, seriously.

That's true I guess. I'll concede to that. Honestly though I'm just looking to get into shape and loose this belly I got. So I've been running about a mile and a half every other day and doing push-ups crunches every day twice a day.

I've kind of stopped the pass week or so due to school though, but no one to blame but myself really. I just wish Target had some produce or something because I don't have a car to get to a grocery store regularly.

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Fandyien wrote: »
    If you're overweight, start smoking and taking ADD drugs

Actually for some people smoking gets them in even worse shape as it leads to inactivity.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Swear to god I thought I saw one of these guys haulin' ass down US1 the other day

fat-twins.jpg

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Liiya wrote: »
    Sheri wrote: »

The same goes the other way, unfortunately, too. Super-skinny girls are starting to get a lot of heat because of this backlash of 'normal-sized' people, but a lot of super-skinny girls just ARE that way -- they eat and eat and eat and never really gain any weight.

This. I used to get name called for being skinny sometimes, and people used to think it was okay because they thought it wasn't the same as being mean to someone who was chubby. When it is. I tried everything I could think of to put on weight, the milkshakes for people who've been ill, eating heavy calorie foods and so on, and none of it worked. The backlash of "normal-sized people" has made being slim a pretty unattractive thing it seems. I'm pretty short so I'm in proportion, but the emphasis on "big is beautiful" has made a lot of skinny girls feel they're ugly for being slim naturally.

Haha, nah.

Also I know a girl who is super-skinny but actually suffers from an eating disorder. It's really weird, because you can see she's malnourished. Even her bones feel soft, to the point where I'm pretty sure I could break her ribs if I hugged her really hard.

has she heard of karen carpenter

Faricazy on
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm naturally in a good shape, but I kinda automatically watch what I eat..
    I eat veggies at least once a day, haven't used sugar in about 10 years, drive everywhere with my bike, run 2 times a week.
    I couldn't even NOT eat healthy, it would be fucking disgusting to me

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I eat veggies at least once a day, haven't used sugar in about 10 years, drive everywhere with my bike, run 2 times a week.

How smug can you be?????

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I eat terribly and I don't exercise

One of these days it is gonna catch up with me D:

Sheri on
  • Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    it's pretty tough

being this sexy

FAQ on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I am eating a cup of ice cream while I post in this thread.

:(

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    NucshNucsh Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

It's not fair

Nucsh on
    [SIGPIC]GIANT ENEMY BEAR[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

The same goes the other way, unfortunately, too. Super-skinny girls are starting to get a lot of heat because of this backlash of 'normal-sized' people, but a lot of super-skinny girls just ARE that way -- they eat and eat and eat and never really gain any weight.

This. I used to get name called for being skinny sometimes, and people used to think it was okay because they thought it wasn't the same as being mean to someone who was chubby. When it is. I tried everything I could think of to put on weight, the milkshakes for people who've been ill, eating heavy calorie foods and so on, and none of it worked. The backlash of "normal-sized people" has made being slim a pretty unattractive thing it seems. I'm pretty short so I'm in proportion, but the emphasis on "big is beautiful" has made a lot of skinny girls feel they're ugly for being slim naturally.

Haha, nah.

Also I know a girl who is super-skinny but actually suffers from an eating disorder. It's really weird, because you can see she's malnourished. Even her bones feel soft, to the point where I'm pretty sure I could break her ribs if I hugged her really hard.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rickets

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Captain CthulhuCaptain Cthulhu Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I think it's funny that people make comparisons to smokers and fat people all the time. When you're a smoker, you're constantly being bombarded with people telling you that you shouldn't smoke and you agree with them because it's true. But you like smoking and you don't give a fuck.

The problem I have with fat people is that they pretend like they're okay with it. They act all entitled to shit because they've decided to be fat fucks. Well that's not cool. Part of consciously making unhealthy lifestyle choices is that you have to be willing to shoulder the lambasting that comes from it. No one tells you to stop being unhealthy because you're a bad person, they tell you to lose weight because it's extremely unhealthy and they care about you.

Also because your veiny skin, stretched to a translucent haze over your maximized circumference, is hard to look at.

Captain Cthulhu on
  • Options
    redheadredhead Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    i've been sitting on this gym membership for like two weeks coming up with excuses for why i shouldn't start going until the situation is perfect

like "oh, but i can just practice form at home, and then when i go i won't look like an idiot" or "but i don't have a car right now, i should handle that first" or "the friend who wants to be my gym partner can't go yet, i can just wait until he can go"

i'm on my way back from somewhere and i think i'll just stop by the gym and see if i can learn to do a dang ol squat

can't hurt

redhead on
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Well I think I'm gonna try and run 2 miles today. I might have to take a break in there somewhere though.

Also tRedhead I don't know how to do a proper squat either

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
  • Options
    ShakesbeardShakesbeard Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Haha, nah.

argh why am i chuckling at floppy baby syndrome

this is horrible

Shakesbeard on
  • Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I can't wait till I'm finished these exams and can renew my gym membersheip

FAQ on
  • Options
    DJ Cam CamDJ Cam Cam Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I have a friend who got in a huge car accident when she was 16, shattered her hip and everything, she was lucky to be alive. She eats healthy, exercises, but is prone to her hip dislocating during that, and does all the right things. It just seems like she can't loose it.

I took a flight with her to NYC once on southwest. She isn't morbid, and not really that big at all. The seats are so small on Southwest that she needed a seat belt extender. It was heartbreaking to see her break down right there because she is trying as hard as she can.

DJ Cam Cam on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I've just been running and doing push-ups and crunches recently. I don't really have the money to invest into proper weight training and the respective diet for it.

If you honestly think that, you're not trying. Also, weight training is bullshit if all you're looking to do is get in shape. You can do everything you need to get ripped with floor space and a good pair of shoes. Hell, if you want to get in shape, challenge yourself to one day be able to pass a Marine Corps physical fitness test. 80 crunches in under 2 minutes, 3 miles in under 28 minutes and 3 dead hang pullups. That's the bare minimum. Also, eating healthy is way cheaper than not, seriously.

That's true I guess. I'll concede to that. Honestly though I'm just looking to get into shape and loose this belly I got. So I've been running about a mile and a half every other day and doing push-ups crunches every day twice a day.

I've kind of stopped the pass week or so due to school though, but no one to blame but myself really. I just wish Target had some produce or something because I don't have a car to get to a grocery store regularly.

For real, bro. I'm all about push-ups. I change my exercising habits a lot, but there was a time where all I was doing was doing as many push-ups as I could as soon as I rolled out of bed in the morning. Once I got to 100, I turned to crunches. 10 minutes after I woke up every morning I was done exercising, with a little bit of a sweat going on and my blood pumping. Then I'd ride my bike everywhere for some cardio and I was golden.

Captain Cthulhu on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Nucsh wrote: »

It's not fair

It'll be fair when my metabolism slows down

Sheri on
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Haha, nah.

argh why am i chuckling at floppy baby syndrome

this is horrible
    they knew what they were getting into when they called it that

it's a hilarious name for a syndrome

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

what the hell

really?

well, okay, mean people latch on to whatever they can

didn't even realize I had a big nose until freshman year of high school
    looked in the mirror, saw it, and then shrugged

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    NucshNucsh Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Nucsh wrote: »

It's not fair

It'll be fair when my metabolism slows down

That'll be the day

Nucsh on
    [SIGPIC]GIANT ENEMY BEAR[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2010

How smug can you be?????

you should ask your mother, son

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Fits girls are the hottest anyway.

Faint six-packs are the sexiest.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I think the real difference here is that smokers are no funnier than anyone else when they fall down in public.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010

For real, bro. I'm all about push-ups. I change my exercising habits a lot, but there was a time where all I was doing was doing as many push-ups as I could as soon as I rolled out of bed in the morning. Once I got to 100, I turned to crunches. 10 minutes after I woke up every morning I was done exercising, with a little bit of a sweat going on and my blood pumping. Then I'd ride my bike everywhere for some cardio and I was golden.

This sounds like a good idea. I might try this out. I really wanna get rid of some fat on my chest and stomach. Thanks Captain

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I was super-skinny in highschool, because I grew like crazy. at 14, I was 6'2" and probably 140 soaking wet. When I graduated I was 6'6" and 165. I seriously looked like Jack Skellington. But then I joined the Marines and boot camp put me up to 210. Now I'm around 200. I look more like an Ent now, than the Pumpkin King.

Captain Cthulhu on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    redhead wrote: »
    i've been sitting on this gym membership for like two weeks coming up with excuses for why i shouldn't start going until the situation is perfect

like "oh, but i can just practice form at home, and then when i go i won't look like an idiot" or "but i don't have a car right now, i should handle that first" or "the friend who wants to be my gym partner can't go yet, i can just wait until he can go"

i'm on my way back from somewhere and i think i'll just stop by the gym and see if i can learn to do a dang ol squat

can't hurt

Have you visited the bigman thread yet?

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    what I hate is how incredibly boring exercise tends to be

need constant mental stimulation

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    edited May 2010

This sounds like a good idea. I might try this out. I really wanna get rid of some fat on my chest and stomach. Thanks Captain

No problem, brother. Being strong rules. Plus, the human body is fantastic, and once you get even a light workout routine going regularly, your metabolism will start going up. You'll have more energy, more strength and you'll be able to eat more without feeling like you're just piling food in your system for the sake of it.

Captain Cthulhu on
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Jedoc wrote: »
    I think the real difference here is that smokers are no funnier than anyone else when they fall down in public.

i dunno man i was very drunk and struggling to hold my cigarette the other day and in the back of my mind i was finding it pretty amusing

i suppose the punchline should have been a sky foot crushing me

Faricazy on
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Dubh wrote: »

I got a whole lot better at exercise when I found a bunch of Terry Pratchett audiobooks at a used bookstore for five bucks apiece. Now I've got them all on my iPod and I can run for an hour without getting bored.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

what the hell

really?

well, okay, mean people latch on to whatever they can

didn't even realize I had a big nose until freshman year of high school
    looked in the mirror, saw it, and then shrugged

It doesn't bug me much these days, I've learned to be more grateful haha

Since my dad had a heartattack we've been eating pretty healthy, though we did to start with to be honest. I've been lucky that my mum has always encouraged that.

Liiya on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

When I run I like listening to some fast music. That usually keeps my brain happy. But really I do it so I don't have to think about shit. It's a nice escape from stress and anxiety.

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
  • Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I went through a period in high school where I didn't eat very much because I thought I needed to lose weight. pretty sure I was a little underweight for a while because of it

I can't remember why I thought that, it's kind of depressing :(

bowtiedseal on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    But yeah until my metabolism slows down

FUCK YOU GUYS JUST SITTING HERE EATING SOME POTATO CHIPS

YUMMMM

Sheri on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited May 2010