As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini] Ignorant Phalla - Day 7 - Finale

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    There are more mafia than specials I'm guessing. The odds are in our favor... slightly.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    There are more mafia than specials I'm guessing. The odds are in our favor... slightly.

Or not at all. XD

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    DemuristDemurist Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    If there is one thing this phalla is not, its predictable. We have no vote history to go off of. All we have is shenanigans. Behind the scenes shenanigans. With that being said...
    ?id=725X1342&site=imagemacros.wordpress.com&url=http%3A%2F%2Fimagemacros.files.wordpress.com%2F2009%2F06%2Fshenanigans.jpg&sref=http%3A%2F%2Fimagemacros.wordpress.com%2Ftag%2Fshenanigans%2F

Demurist on
    sig.jpg
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Oh, vagrant, you're such a cad.

A cad who exposes specials, potentially giving the village even less of a chance to win in this baffling games, but still! A cad is a cad is a cad, indeed.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    If anything, for balance, we probably have more specials than the mafia. You are ruining us.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So, I have something for you. It's a lead if nothing else. Trust my motives or don't, I can't see your vote anyways.

I just talked to Samurai and he said he got his Role PM and the game had already started (which I had no idea of until he told me). I repeat, Samurai admitted to getting a Role PM. Not so ignorant now is he?

Though I do thank him for letting me know the game started.

Yo, Silly Goose!
    Daius wrote: »
    Day 1 has started.

25 Players Remain. 5 Knowledeables remain.

Day 1 ends in 24 hours. Please send all votes and orders to me within that time.
    ]

If you are missing a role PM, then tell the host. I got a Role PM. Woohoo. So did everyone else. You suck at life.

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    DemuristDemurist Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    PMs are now going out. If you do not recieve one, then you are an Ignorant Villager, and this is your role PM :-

You are... Ignorant

You are just one of twenty five in this little private universe. You know nothing of it, as do they. At least, that’s what you would hope. But it seems that some people here know too much. They seek to purify, to eliminate you for your lack of knowledge. This would definitely not be a good thing. You will win when the Knowledgeable are eliminated.

Ahem! You are wrong sir.

Demurist on
    sig.jpg
  • Options
    daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    PMs are now going out. If you do not recieve one, then you are an Ignorant Villager, and this is your role PM :-

You are... Ignorant

You are just one of twenty five in this little private universe. You know nothing of it, as do they. At least, that’s what you would hope. But it seems that some people here know too much. They seek to purify, to eliminate you for your lack of knowledge. This would definitely not be a good thing. You will win when the Knowledgeable are eliminated.

Hey Samurai: Read the above. I believe that this means some people didn't get PMs with their role.

daniant on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Damnit.

Well, I guess revealing early is going to suck but here we go!

I am Zealous! And you Knowledeables must fear me! For I call Fire and Brimstone and Lighting and Other methods of bodily harm to you! In other words, I am this guy:
    terminator-41.jpg

But now I'm calling for :
    Guards%20Guards.jpg

to protect me. And you:
    Bus.jpg
    and Roleblocks to leave me alone. Seer seer me and Let's not vote out your friendly neighborhood gunslinger!

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    So you're my governor, huh? And you voted for Nixon.

It's not looking good for you.

daniant on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    daniant wrote: »
    So you're my governor, huh? And you voted for Nixon.

It's not looking good for you.

I stand by my vote. I voted for Clinton too... And Bush... And Obama...

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I suggest a vote for Malkor, but in the spirit of honesty, I'm really just basing that on his resistance to any sort of cooperation before this started.

I'm voting for him, though, you have my word on that.

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    No, see, this is stupid. If there was one goddamned special we wanted outed and guarded, it was the seer. Not the vig. The vig has no way to prove he's killed anyone! The seer can at least post his results in the thread. Errr.. no, wait, he can't, can he? Even if he claims he seered a special, all the mafia has to do is counter-claim to be that special. Without narration, there's no way to prove it one way or the other.

I'm stumped.

I think it follows though that Vagrant isn't Mafia unless they both are. If Vagrant was Mafia and Samurai wasn't, he would have just killed Samurai (assuming that Mafia get a kill, and Daius isn't just waiting to see how quickly the village will decimate itself without the benefit of voting patterns).

So - assuming the Mafia have a kill, Vagrant outing Samurai means:

A) They're both Mafia, and are attempting shennanigans. Which, considering Samurai has had some pretty bad Mafia tells in the past, this might be a decent gamble

B) Vagrant's village and Samurai's Mafia. Because why not lie about it now that you've been outed?

C) Vagrant's village and Samurai's the Vig. And we're boned.

Ohhhhh, wait... if Daius gives us the death totals (but not the names) as narration every night, we will know exactly which day we killed a Mafia. And then when that happens, we all chime in "I voted X" and the mafia lie about who they voted for and it will be a great big clusterfuck. Even worse is, if dead people's votes don't count, then we'll have no idea out of all the people clamoring "I voted X" exactly whose vote was even counted on that night.

Do votes from dead players count?

I think the way to win this might actually be to vote in thread, and then the village has to stick to their votes. As long as we all do as we say, we'll only have five liars in our midst.

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I agree with Ringo, completely.

Here's the thing. You can be damn sure the Mafia are coordinating their votes. If we're all just flailing around voting randomly based on our own fancies, then the Mafia votes will win, every single time.

I know it runs counter to the perceived spirit of the game, but if we're gonna win this it's what we have to do.

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    From talking to Vagrant, I'm going with C here, Ringo. Vagrant wouldn't pull A like that. He's smarter than that. I mean, it worked with Advent in Late Night, but Vagrant is more behind the scenes kinda guy. He would have just stabbed me and walked away. This game is going to be crazy, that's for sure.

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I would be worried if you went with B

Hell, I'm worried now. I'm almost certain that's at this point, it's just better to kill you than mistakenly let a network form around you.

hmm...

Let's start off with !jackisreal because my gut tells me he's due to be mafia. Which is odd, because half my grudge list is in this game. And the other half are cake eaters.

Ringo on
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Yes, you make that vote in thread to make people think you're dumb/trying to be honest.

Go pm that in, we'll believe ya!

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Well, Ringo, let's say that I am who I say I am. We know we have vanillagers. So I would say that this might be a standard phalla. 1 vig, 1 seer, 1 guard, maybe 1 busdriver and/or roleblocker. So at this point, killing me would give the village one kill. The vote. And the mafia would have maybe 2 kills. So, Ringo, do you want to kill me this early? You might want to wait until the seer clears me or until we get a few mafia and ya'll feel that the village can survive without a vig.

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I voted for Law. It's all red and stuff in the thread.

I didn't vote for him, I sent that in hours ago. I know I can't trust any of you because you are all lying bastard when playing phalla. Like me.

Unless we get a kill count for the night, we really won't know if we offed the village vig or not. The only chance we have is a seer that can convince people to vote for the mafia and the rest of us listen to it. But we will never know it it's true because we don't know who died.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    All we have to do is convince the mafia to tell us who they killed!

Ha ha ha.

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Oh god, this is hilarious already.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Like pounding nails in to your dick. The first two are awesome, but by the fifth it kinda sucks. Yet you keep doing it.

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Oh, well then

Looks like we lost, pack your bags boys

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    we ain't goin' nowhere

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Then the village has just got to act like there are only going to be five dirty liars in our midst

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Hint: That means everyone needs to start calling out their votes, now.

Malkor

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    FrostMistFrostMist NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    !Gandalf_the_Crazed

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I'm willing to play.

jackisreal

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    man what have I done that's suspicious

calling out Demurist's Nazi from Inglourious Basterds reference ? Nazis baaaaad.

Also, this whole 'voting in the thread' thing is just going to let the mafia know by how much and for who they need to vote to swing things their way. So I'm not really a fan of all that. It's not like we're going to publicly find out who died and whether or not they were evil, so I don't really see the point. This is all going to be behind the scenes, which I can sadly take no part in (assuming a dormant ability doesn't become activated) unless I get seered or something.

This all sounds too knowledgeable though so back to the matter at hand...

They took our jooooobs! (They TOOK OUR JOOOBS!)

jackisreal on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    This is going to be ... irritating.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Alegis, what kind of PM was that?!? "I'm just a vanillager, don't kill me?" Ok, I'm not the brightest bulb in the box, but I know when someone is screwing with me. (Pun not intended.) (Kinda)

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    HippieHippie Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Well, this is an Ignorant phalla, so i aint going to try make sense of nothing.

Random Dancing!

Hippie on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    We can dance when we want to

We can leave our friends behind

simonwolf on
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I wouldn't be doing that if I were mafia samurai.

Alegis on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The Law won

M.D. on
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The Law won
    Awesome. What's his prize?

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    he gets,

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Here lies Mr Defecation

He fought The Law and The Law won

simonwolf on