As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Super Street Fighter IV: Everyone loves Chun-li.

• Options
    ArdeArde Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I got kicked out of Arde's lobby and never got invited back in :(

My bad - guess the room was full when I invited you. :(

Arde on
    Wii code:3004 5525 7274 3361
    XBL Gametag: mailarde

Screen Digest LOL3RZZ
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Juri's 1 legged hit box makes things hard :(

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    hadokenhadoken Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    TheStig wrote: »

I have fought one juri in the whole time ive played this game D:. im so jealous, everyone is just playing the old characters they were good with.

hadoken on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I don't hate Cody, I hate Jail Emo-Fucker Cody. I miss Beat Em Up Hero Cody. Man needs to pick his balls up and fight evil and shit.

Hey! What if we get Rolento? Would that be too over-the-top? He doesn't seem as evil in the Alpha games.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Ok, so is the Skye in top 16 at ECT the same Skye who's in the PA irc?

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    hadoken wrote: »
    TheStig wrote: »

I have fought one juri in the whole time ive played this game D:. im so jealous, everyone is just playing the old characters they were good with.

Want to fight one right now? (You should be warned, I'm pretty horrible. :lol:)

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Cantido wrote: »
    I don't hate Cody, I hate Jail Emo-Fucker Cody. I miss Beat Em Up Hero Cody. Man needs to pick his balls up and fight evil and shit.

Hey! What if we get Rolento? Would that be too over-the-top? He doesn't seem as evil in the Alpha games.

i would love to have rolento so much.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    This ECT stream is entertaining to watch, but holy hell are the commentators terrible to listen to. Either they're too loud or they're obnoxiously nasal like this one dude on right now.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I love how Wong makes excuses when he loses, instead of showing good sportsmanship.

"3S isn't relevant anymore, I prefer to play with the times"

Sure. I'm sure you wouldn't be claiming that shit is "broken" or whatever if you had won. No class.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I didn't even hear what he said because the commentary had become so shrill and annoying at that point I had to turn it down.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SivrajSivraj Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Link to stream plz!

Sivraj on
    XBL - Degami | Steam - Degami | Battle.net - Degami #1837 | PSN - Degojin
  • Options
    Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So is the Hakan vs Vega match up really this bad, or do i just suck at fighting Vega(s)?

Blue map on
    My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Edit: Beat.

Hiryu02 on
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The IRC has exploded or soemthing.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    aBlankaBlank Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Blue map wrote: »
    So is the Hakan vs Vega match up really this bad, or do i just suck at fighting Vega(s)?

hakan is bad.

aBlank on
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Of the 3-4 people that were trying to main Hakan that I know, all of them have dropped him pretty much completely.

FuriousJodo on
    FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Of the 3-4 people that were trying to main Hakan that I know, all of them have dropped him pretty much completely.

/raises hand.

Yup.

Hiryu02 on
  • Options
    DaSniper91DaSniper91 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Me too. Love his throw where he puts his belt of grenades on you and pulls the pin. Didn't Ono say Rolento just missed the SSIV cut along w/ Elena?

DaSniper91 on
  • Options
    SivrajSivraj Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hiryu02 wrote: »

/raises hand.

Yup.

He's higher than Makoto on the tier list.

Sivraj on
    XBL - Degami | Steam - Degami | Battle.net - Degami #1837 | PSN - Degojin
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Sivraj wrote: »

/raises hand.

Yup.

Tier lists lawl.

Hakan is worse than Dan.

aBlank on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    aBlank wrote: »
    Sivraj wrote: »

/raises hand.

Yup.

Tier lists lawl.

Hakan is worse than Dan.
    Makoto is worse than Dan.

Arde on

Screen Digest LOL3RZZ
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Dan is the best character.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    Dan is the best character.

Dan actually does decently in Super if you're versed in his shenanigans and mix-ups.

Arde on

Screen Digest LOL3RZZ
  • Options
    mspencermspencer PAX [ENFORCER] Council Bluffs, IARegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Maybe it's just me, but doesn't Makoto's Ultra launch the opposing player higher than Orchid's Ultra launched her opponent way back in Killer Instinct?

Because that's an impressive launch.

mspencer on
    MEMBER OF THE PARANOIA GM GUILD
    XBL Michael Spencer || Wii 6007 6812 1605 7315 || PSN MichaelSpencerJr || Steam Michael_Spencer || Ham NOØK
    QRZ || My last known GPS coordinates: FindU or APRS.fi (Car antenna feed line busted -- no ham radio for me X__X )
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Not even tiers, really. Hakan just has no way to maintain pressure, because his very design makes you have to STOP pressure to maintain oil.

It's just wtf really? He is SOO good when he's oiled, but completely loses momentum AND exposes himself to punishment when he tries to oil up. Maybe the June patch will address some stuff but as it is, no go. No crossup even.

Hiryu02 on
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Oiled Hakan is fucking fantastic. Non-oiled Hakan is fucking garbage. The problem lies in how hard it is to get oiled and stay oiled in many match ups.

EDIT: God I hate Tekken. Why am I still watching this stream? Probably because I want to see "high level" Mortal Kombat :lol: .

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Not even tiers, really. Hakan just has no way to maintain pressure, because his very design makes you have to STOP pressure to maintain oil.

It's just wtf really? He is SOO good when he's oiled, but completely loses momentum AND exposes himself to punishment when he tries to oil up. Maybe the June patch will address some stuff but as it is, no go. No crossup even.

No cross-ups is completely bullshit besides the other bullshit they gave him (wtf at jump height/backdash? no reversals).
    He ain't got nothing on the other grapplers.

Fig-D wrote: »
    Oiled Hakan is fucking fantastic. Non-oiled Hakan is fucking garbage. The problem lies in how hard it is to get oiled and stay oiled in many match ups.

EDIT: God I hate Tekken. Why am I still watching this stream? Probably because I want to see "high level" Mortal Kombat :lol: .
    Tekken Tag was awesome to watch -Tekken 6 is a borefest compared to it.

Arde on

Screen Digest LOL3RZZ
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Tekken Ball is the best Tekken.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    /raises hand.

Yup.
    Yea but you drop characters like changin your underwear errday.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Which is why I standby what I said earlier that they should have just put Karin in.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I still play Hakan from time to time (usually in our lobbies) but yeah, he's shit. He's the shittiest shit that ever shat as far as grapplers are concerned.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Worse than Dan!? Makoto!?

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Rolento was probably my favorite character in the Alpha series, such a ridiculously fun character. Although I know it will never happen DLC introducing Rolento and Mike Haggar would be sex.

Iblis on
    Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    This Tekken Grand Final is silly long. Best of 5 Rounds, Best of 7 Matches, and now they're on the second set.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    /raises hand.

Yup.
    Yea but you drop characters like changin your underwear errday.

My friend, I'm sad to report that all the characters I really wanted to play in Super just didn't work for me. Makoto, Guy, Hakan, all had issues or just didn't "click"

Now I play the big Indian, with a side of Rufus. And Abel in my back pocket.

Hiryu02 on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Worse than Dan!? Makoto!?

Dan is top tier, people need to understand this. Even if you lose you win as long as you make your opponent laugh!

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    MoioinkMoioink Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Any Chun players able to advise on how to use her focus attack? At the moment I don't use them at all because I have no idea how. I'm only in the C bracket but even when I fight Bs I rarely see people use focus attacks properly so I've not really picked up anything from my fights online. I had this Sagat keep trying to focus attack me on wakeup today and every time I EX SBK him out of it. It was cute.

Moioink on
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I can't give advise for using focus attacks because I use it way too much regardless of character I use.

With Chun I use it to absorb fireballs mostly.

FuriousJodo on
    FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Moioink wrote: »
    Any Chun players able to advise on how to use her focus attack? At the moment I don't use them at all because I have no idea how. I'm only in the C bracket but even when I fight Bs I rarely see people use focus attacks properly so I've not really picked up anything from my fights online. I had this Sagat keep trying to focus attack me on wakeup today and every time I EX SBK him out of it. It was cute.

Depends on the matchup really. General advice though:

Feel free to toss out level 1 FA's when you've trained the guy not to jump (whiffing FA's sucks). After a forward dash you're +1 on block which means free cr.short pressure against option select throw tech'ers (provided you get the timing right). Once you start doing that shit (+throwing after FA) incorporate back dashing to bait out reversals. Then start doing 'fake' FA's by dashing out of them into throws or low short pressure. Lots of potential there if the guy isn't a jab masher.

Have a combo in mind for crumple stuns. There's nothing worse than seeing a chun player use god damn cr.short x2/3 -> ex legs after landing a crumple stun. Not only is it a huge waste of meter it does balls for damage. cr.fp XX hk legs ~mk legs -> whatever is good for forward dashing. If you haven't got that piano down, cr.fp XX mk sbk works. If you lack charge, you could always go for a reset. Standing close rh XX sk hasanshu.

Off a back dash, you could head stomp x1, j.fp, head stomp x3 for flash/meterless damage or replace the last 3x head stomps with EX sbk/ex legs for ultra setup (if it'll kill the guy, damage is ass otherwise). Hasanshu/cr.rh are both options if you want to keep pressure on.

Also, highly recommend not getting into the habit of EX sbk'ing people who are FA'ing over your body. Back dash is almost always the better option. If you get baited, you're a free ultra/big ass combo... and I'd say the majority of FA chargers on your wakeup are going to bait or fish for the level 3. Safest bet is almost always back dash in that case.

aBlank on