As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Modern Warfare 2: Fuel Spill

• 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Mute everybody

Why aren't you doing this anyways?

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    This is the proper use of the Riot Shield... and Flashbangs/Stun... and C4... and OMA. This is what we all should aspire too.

snip

Youtube has everything!

If only there weren't so many horribly easy ways to kill a shielder, I'd try that out. Too bad it takes up at least 3 of your classes.

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Masterkey in Hardcore is hilarious, that stupid range comes in handy when you've only got 30 health.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • KnorreKnorre Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I only play hardcore when i want to train quickscoping, to be honest.

For any other gamemode, there's the AK47+Spas12 build.

Knorre on
    Knorreworst.png
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Screw those guys, Sanguine. And don't forget that every time we roll pubs like those, it's like a figurative punch to their e-peen.

PaperLuigi44 on
    edited June 2010
    Just remember, kids! Buying a golden skull with mommy's credit card doesn't earn you respect on the internet or in reality!

:whistle:The more you know:whistle:

Luigi are you up for mans killing?

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    If I must.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    This is the proper use of the Riot Shield... and Flashbangs/Stun... and C4... and OMA. This is what we all should aspire too.

That's not Riot Shield abuse, it's just run of the mill OMA abuse, nothing new there at all.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

That's not Riot Shield abuse, it's just run of the mill OMA abuse, nothing new there at all.

So the best way to use the riot shield is to just use OMA with it? Good to know. :?

Seriously, I'm able to counter knifers, throwing knife people reloading, but I'm still getting killed while crouching and not moving by getting shot in the fucking feet. The shield needs to be bigger, but hey, that will never happen.

The riot shield is so amazingly unviable.

Blurbl on
  • Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I missed a drunk sanguine? gawd dammit!

HC is the best for grinding out thermal challenges for my sniper rifles, at least for me it is. I never really enjoyed sniping or how some grassy-looking goosebag can hip fire spam his rifle and hope for the best. Ever have that happen to you? Turn a corner, it's you vs a sniper, you ADS for the easy headshot and lose because he hip fire spams his M21 EBR like a pro.

Tridus1x on
  • iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Tridus1x wrote: »
    I missed a drunk sanguine? gawd dammit!

HC is the best for grinding out thermal challenges for my sniper rifles, at least for me it is. I never really enjoyed sniping or how some grassy-looking goosebag can hip fire spam his rifle and hope for the best. Ever have that happen to you? Turn a corner, it's you vs a sniper, you ADS for the easy headshot and lose because he hip fire spams his M21 EBR like a pro.
    I don't run into Scatman on opposing teams that often, so no. I don't think that's ever happened to me. :wink:

Sorry about not accepting invites last night guys. I was starting another RDR game for purposes of 100%-ing the thing. :P

iTunesIsEvil on
  • GPIA7RGPIA7R Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Last night I played purely with the Riot Shield. It was a special experience.

I got my 10-kill streak without killstreak rewards... so I got the Capt. Price Mario emblem...

... I planted myself in front of an enemy sentry gun with my riot shield, then watched the numbers stack up as the ricochet bullets started killing people.

Was put into a TDM on Rust... looked normal... I killed someone, saw myself get experience to the effect of "10000000000 ^e7423478", so there's another rank of prestige.

Then... I got into a server where this one guy was berating the host for a slow connection, he said something to the effect of: "Fucking leave you faggot. You're lagging you piece of shit. FUCK."

So, I spoke up... telling him to stop being a dick, and it's easier to ask nicely. He tried to defend himself (with more vulgarity, of course), saying that the "faggot" needs to buy a better ISP. I responded saying that he needs to stop being a dick. I was VERY surprised when the entirety of both teams agreed with me, defended the host (who promptly left anyway), and the guy stayed quiet the entire time.

One little victory.

GPIA7R on
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I usually run riold sheild on Domination with marathon, lighweight, spas (I've been testing akimbo rangers), smoke and c4. Pretty effective for getting to the center point at the beginning of the match, toss smoke, crouch and then drop some c4.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    My strategy for that is to use my Marathon/Lightweight/SMG CTF class to sprint to B, and then switch to the default Riot Shield before the class-change timer is up. Throw up a Blast Shield and you've halfway captured it before the other guys even think to go for B.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Willeth wrote: »
    C4 isn't really meant to be used like a grenade. It's to mark objectives and screw people who are trying to take them. And the second scenario is why I always detonate it with the reload button double-tap.

Surely what you meant to say was this:
    C4 is a fantastic grenade that has a ridiculous blast radius and an anytime-you-want fuse. It also doubles as a trap in Domination, and if you ever detonate it any way except double-tapping reload, you are dumb.

Exception being when using Sitrep and a FMJ Barrett you stole off a dead enemy, putting a round through two walls from B on Invasion through the very knife friendly building towards the coast - and getting a triple explosive multi-kill off the bright red glowing C4 someone planted in the far entry room there!

MrVyngaard on
    "now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Sitrep and the FMJ Barrett can be hilarious in practice. I've killed many a sniper with it.

Mechanical on
    edited June 2010
    C4 is a fantastic grenade that has a ridiculous blast radius and an anytime-you-want fuse. It also doubles as a trap in Domination, and if you ever detonate it any way except double-tapping reload, you are dumb.
    I missed this, but I actually tend to detonate a lot of C4 by throwing a third one. If I place one on A, then B, then scavenge a new one, and someone is taking A, I'll throw my C4 to detonate A while still keeping the one on B intact for a potential future cap attempt.

Willeth on
    edited June 2010
    My strategy for that is to use my Marathon/Lightweight/SMG CTF class to sprint to B, and then switch to the default Riot Shield before the class-change timer is up. Throw up a Blast Shield and you've halfway captured it before the other guys even think to go for B.

:?:

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    there is a pretty long window where you can change your class at the beginning of the match granted you don't shoot bullets

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • T0MBERENGERT0MBERENGER Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    there is a pretty long window where you can change your class at the beginning of the match granted you don't shoot bullets

So distance from the Spawn doesn't matter? We should have somebody time this to get the exact number of seconds. Sometimes I want to use my LMG class at teh start of a match, but it is so painful to run like an O-lineman. This is cool.

T0MBERENGER on
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, if you don't actually use the class, you can switch between classes for maybe ten seconds after a round starts. This doesn't apply to perk usage, and it's JUST enough time to run half-way across Karachi to B and switch to a shield. I have my CTF class at the top of my custom class list just so that I can flick to Riot Control as quickly as possible.

Willeth on
  • MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    That's quite an interesting tactic, Willeth. Thanks for sharing it.

MrVyngaard on
    "now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
    edited June 2010
    I'm sure I must have mentioned it before. When I say 'I'm going to run B' that's exactly what I mean.

Willeth on
    edited June 2010
    I'm sure I must have mentioned it before. When I say 'I'm going to run B' that's exactly what I mean.

While you've mentioned that you're running, I don't think I've ever heard you talk about the methodology you were using before now.

MrVyngaard on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

This is the strategy I always use at the start of Domination, minus the Riot Shield, plus a smoke grenade.

I've found that if they don't blow you off the point before you finish the cap, you should make a clean escape.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Was doing a round of Domination on Overgrown last night. We took A and C in the beginning, and started pushing their spawn at B. They weren't offering up much resistance, and soon found themselves spawning in the gas station outside of B. I ran in, took out a guy with my MP5K, then ducked down and dashed back to the B building under a hail of bullets. About the time I hit the door, I turned around and whipped a smoke grenade up into the air toward the gas station so the enemy couldn't see our positions ... and I got a kill: totally random direct impact with a smoke grenade.

milk ducks on
    edited June 2010
    So I got called a camper. It's the first time anyone's raged at me ever. Scrapyard, with OMA, RPD, C4. So in his defence, I wasn't running around like a looney tune. But in my defence, I had an RPD with OMA. If you can't flank a 'camper'* like me in Scrapyard you fail at videogames.

*If I was camping, I sure did choose some silly spots. I'd posit that 'camping' here equated to 'holding down a line of fire that intersects the paths lazy players generally take'.
    Blurbl wrote: »

So the best way to use the riot shield is to just use OMA with it? Good to know. :?

Seriously, I'm able to counter knifers, throwing knife people reloading, but I'm still getting killed while crouching and not moving by getting shot in the fucking feet. The shield needs to be bigger, but hey, that will never happen.

The riot shield is so amazingly unviable.

I've said this at least three times before now, but it's easy to get lost in the shuffle.

Anyways, hot tip for the Riot Shield: when crouched, unless you're looking slightly down and to the left of your target you aren't covered properly. Your left kidneys and feet are poking out.

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    AoR_Final wrote: »

This is the strategy I always use at the start of Domination, minus the Riot Shield, plus a smoke grenade.

I've found that if they don't blow you off the point before you finish the cap, you should make a clean escape.

I think you missed the point. Apparently, you can start out as one class (i.e. SMG/Marathon/LW), sprint out to about the middle of the map, and as long as you haven't used any of your equipment you can instantaneously switch classes. This is particularly useful if you want to run one of the slower classes (shield/LMG) because you don't have to deal with the fatboy running at the start of a match.

TheCanMan on
    edited June 2010
    Ooo, almost forgot: Badger!

Emblem-honeybadger01.jpg

Badgerbadgerbadger. :mrgreen:

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    AoR_Final wrote: »

I think you missed the point. Apparently, you can start out as one class (i.e. SMG/Marathon/LW), sprint out to about the middle of the map, and as long as you haven't used any of your equipment you can instantaneously switch classes. This is particularly useful if you want to run one of the slower classes (shield/LMG) because you don't have to deal with the fatboy running at the start of a match.

I got the point, I was just saying how I've always found Marathon + LW to be effective on its own.

Of course I tend to get blown up at B a fair bit, so it might not be such a horrible idea to try it sometime.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I usually run riold sheild on Domination with marathon, lighweight, spas (I've been testing akimbo rangers), smoke and c4. Pretty effective for getting to the center point at the beginning of the match, toss smoke, crouch and then drop some c4.

Hopefully you meant, don't drop c4 until after we have the point cause a tube IS going to hit that spot and I don't want to die from friendly c4

Burtletoy on
    edited June 2010
    I usually run riold sheild on Domination with marathon, lighweight, spas (I've been testing akimbo rangers), smoke and c4. Pretty effective for getting to the center point at the beginning of the match, toss smoke, crouch, capture point, then drop some c4 and run for cover.

Hopefully you meant, don't drop c4 until after we have the point cause a tube IS going to hit that spot and I don't want to die from friendly c4
    better?

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hey guys. Sorry about yesterday. I just get so fed up when it feels like the other team has so much of a lag advantage. I mean, I hadn't even spawned at the beginning and they were already in our spawn.

And yes, I had videogame pcp in the beginning. I guess they just weren't ready for a rusher with a harrier strike within the first 45 seconds.

those first couple games are fun.

We just got a new puppy, so everyone once in a while I have to run it out so it doesn't shit all over the house.

Also, I've been looking at Airsoft replicas of the guns in the game. I used to play airsoft (like paintball, only with realistic looking guns that shoot tiny plastic bbs really hard) alot. Might get back into it if I can play with an ACR.

belligerent on
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    You mean a SCAR-H ACOG + Silencer right? RIGHT!?

joshgotro on
    edited June 2010
    Also, I've been looking at Airsoft replicas of the guns in the game. I used to play airsoft (like paintball, only with realistic looking guns that shoot tiny plastic bbs really hard) alot. Might get back into it if I can play with an ACR.

Just don't be one of those terrible human beings with the skull masks.

Mechanical on
    edited June 2010
    Or instead of wasting money on airsoft, just buy an actual gun first. The ACR's MSRP for the semi-auto version is a cool $3,000! Totally affordable.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
    edited June 2010
    You can do both. Well, maybe one or neither depending on where you live, I guess.

Mechanical on
    edited June 2010
    Hey douchewaffles, get on the 3sextay and play some Warfare that is potentially Modern.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
    edited June 2010
    I'm hatching eggs and stat grinding. Perhaps later.

Mechanical on
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Sorry bros. I have a RL bro over and was showing him new maps.

joshgotro on
This discussion has been closed.