As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

you like SCHOOL in the summertime (TFS&AMP'D COME TO SENSES, SAY AMERICA IS BEST)

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    News flash: Remedial classes easier than Advanced Placement classes.

Film at 11

KalTorak on
  • Options
    MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2010

University, same thing but a grander scale. First, I chose an easy university. Then I chose an easy major. Then I chose easy professors and easy classes. Five years later, hello graduation.

:?:

Monoxide on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2010
    i have natural genius. i was placed in remedial classes, though. that's just because i didn't want to be in the advanced ones. honestly.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    LearnedHandLearnedHand Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    KalTorak wrote: »
    News flash: Remedial classes easier than Advanced Placement classes.

Film at 11

The point is that some people are super focused on taking AP classes and padding their "resume" (of sorts) with extra-curricular activities and whatever all to impress university admissions people.

I guess if you want to go to the top universities you need to do this. But most people don't go to the top universities.

If you just want to go to a regular university you can forget all that nonsense. And where are these people who took the AP courses in my high school? 80% of them still well within driving distance to that high school. Me and my remedial education are 5,000 miles away. Pwned.

And yeah, seriously you could choose to take remedial classes instead of the regular ones and that's what I did. I think everybody else there pretty needed the remedial classes, though.

LearnedHand on
  • Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I skipped basically half of the school day today

8-)

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    LearnedHand, what do you actually do for a living? I can't recall you saying.

Liiya on
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    WHO JUST MODELED A FUCKING AWESOME MOONSHINE JUG?

THIS GUY

I haven't modeled anything in months so it took me like an hour, the hardest part was the goddamn handle

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    he is a professional, liiya

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    veretas

will you be putting moonshine in your moonshine jug

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Monoxide wrote: »

University, same thing but a grander scale. First, I chose an easy university. Then I chose an easy major. Then I chose easy professors and easy classes. Five years later, hello graduation.

:?:

haha i'm glad someone else noticed this

satansfingers on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    As someone who has learned a trade, I am curious about this world of Professionals.

Liiya on
  • Options
    redheadredhead Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    i have natural genius. i was placed in remedial classes, though. that's just because i didn't want to be in the advanced ones. honestly.

lol

redhead on
  • Options
    LearnedHandLearnedHand Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    Very few people graduate in four years anymore. I did it in four and a half, actually but I took summer classes every year so let's say five years.

LearnedHand on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Very few people graduate in four years anymore. I did it in four and a half, actually but I took summer classes every year so let's say five years.

hahaha

no this isn't true at all

satansfingers on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    liiya I don't think you have the cajones to be a professional

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited May 2010
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    i know exactly one person who took five years to graduate

he spent half of college addicted to heroin

satansfingers on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

But... I wore a tie for 5 years in school :(

I guess I'll have to continue as a chimney sweep.

Liiya on
  • Options
    SaammielSaammiel Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    maybe that's because you never bother to apply yourself mr. "my job is so great because I only do a few hours work every day"

No doubt about it. I never studied in my life. I got through school and university due to a combination of natural genius and figuring out the easiest routes to success. I took remedial classes in high school even though I rightly should have been taking AP classes. Remedial classes are easier, though. A lot of the people in these remedial classes were barely literate. Some didn't speak English. How could I possibly fail in such a class? Answer: I didn't.

Maybe if you hadn't taken all your classes with the paint-huffers you would have figured out the mysteries of interacting with women. Maybe not though.

Saammiel on
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Man, super excited to start grad school this fall. I get to do stuff with bacteria woooo.

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Liiya wrote: »

maybe one day you will move up to selling fish heads

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Also, I've only ever seen five years be common in stuff like engineering, which, you know isn't exactly the easiest major.

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    SaammielSaammiel Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    As someone who has learned a trade, I am curious about this world of Professionals.

You blue collar plebians wouldn't know this, but mostly what we do is post on internet forums about how much better we are for moving to LONDON. Sometimes we also compile spreadsheets that contain the details on our former classmates we were able to glean from spending hours on facebook stalking them.

Saammiel on
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    you are pure class, LH

pure bottom of the class

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

oy wots this

Liiya on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I know people who graduated in 5 years and took summer courses.

This is because they were part of a Physical Therapy program that involved basically as much anatomy and medicine as a good chunk of med school, as well as spending summers cutting up cadavers and interning at clinics.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    yeah certain programs definitely take longer, but learnedhand doesn't really strike me as the 'difficult program' type

satansfingers on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Saammiel wrote: »

You blue collar plebians wouldn't know this, but mostly what we do is post on internet forums about how much better we are for moving to LONDON. Sometimes we also compile spreadsheets that contain the details on our former classmates we were able to glean from spending hours on facebook stalking them.

Cor, it is a world away for me. A girl can but dream...

Liiya on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

oy wots this

I guess I spoke too soon

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Get back to shinin' me boots, ya ragamuffin, else I'll be takin' me hapenny elsewhere!

You can dream in th' gutter!

KalTorak on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2010
    i love this forum sometimes

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Get back to shinin' me boots, ya ragamuffin, else I'll be takin' me hapenny elsewhere!

So shiny a can see me own grimey face in ems guv'nah!

Liiya on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

So shiny a can see me own grimey face in ems guv'nah!

Take yer hapenny and be glad of it. And if you want to see any more like it, you'd best tickle my 'musement by gazing into the distance and singing a song about the life of privilege you dream about as you fall asleep in the crowded shelter.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    veretas

There is imaginary moonshine in it. It's an opaque object so there's no point in modeling the liquid.

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Does it have a minimum of three X's on it?

KalTorak on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Take yer hapenny and be glad of it. And if you want to see any more like it, you'd best tickle my 'musement by gazing into the distance and singing a song about the life of privilege you dream about as you fall asleep in the crowded shelter.

The upper class do have strange entertainment! Let me just well up a few tears.

Liiya on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Veretas wrote: »
    veretas

There is imaginary moonshine in it. It's an opaque object so there's no point in modeling the liquid.

will that imaginary moonshine soon be real moonshine

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010

The upper class do have strange entertainment! Let me just well up a few tears.

our mighty wallets allow us to become bored of simple plebeian pleasures much faster than you

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Living in London makes me feel like this: I CAN'T FIT ALL THESE FIFTY POUND NOTES IN MY WALLET, WHY IS LIFE SO HARD?

Bad-Beat on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Living in London made me feel like: THIS FALAFEL IS THE BEST I'VE EVER HAD OH MY GODDDDDDD

KalTorak on
This discussion has been closed.