As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Revenge of the iPhone jailbreak thread!

fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell#BLMRegistered User regular
edited May 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
so i was doing a little googling out of curiosity today and saw a couple of interesting things: this and this.

my question to the Penny Arcade iPhone community is, has anyone messed around with these yet? are they legit (as far as jailbreaks go)?

i'm currently on a 3GS with AT&T, running 3.1.3. i'd love to finally be able to use themes and sounds and all the cool apps of which Apple disapproves. considering the news came just under a week ago, i'm still skeptical about this new Sprint thing.

also, what things should i be aware of for jailbreaking generally?

ffNewSig.png
steam | Dokkan: 868846562
fightinfilipino on

• Options
    AtheraalAtheraal Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I haven't used it myself, but my good friend just used it to complete success with his new 3.1.3 upgraded bootrom 3GS. Just make sure you follow instructions to the letter, and you should be fine.

Atheraal on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    honestly, i jailbroke with spirit while i was inebriated

all you have to do is plug in, open spirit, click jailbreak, in 2 seconds tops it is done

that is it

i've had 0 problems so far

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    alright, i ran Spirit...which was incredibly easy.

now i'm bewildered a bit by all the stuff out there. i'm on a Windows 7 machine...what do i need to use themes and customize ringtones and all that?

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    mspencermspencer PAX [ENFORCER] Council Bluffs, IARegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I think this thread had some previous iPhone jailbreaking information. If that helps.

mspencer on
    MEMBER OF THE PARANOIA GM GUILD
    XBL Michael Spencer || Wii 6007 6812 1605 7315 || PSN MichaelSpencerJr || Steam Michael_Spencer || Ham NOØK
    QRZ || My last known GPS coordinates: FindU or APRS.fi (Car antenna feed line busted -- no ham radio for me X__X )
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    What provoked him to spaz out and lock it anyway?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Spoit wrote: »
    What provoked him to spaz out and lock it anyway?

I dunno. I think he got confused and equated something that might not square with a EULA to breaking the law - two different things.

kaliyama on
    fwKS7.png?1
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    alright, i ran Spirit...which was incredibly easy.

now i'm bewildered a bit by all the stuff out there. i'm on a Windows 7 machine...what do i need to use themes and customize ringtones and all that?

go ask Smart Hero, I swear he's got this stuff archived

Usagi on
  • Options
    ImpersonatorImpersonator Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    This is a very good article on Jailbreaking for Dummies: http://gizmodo.com/5533921/

Impersonator on