Options

It's too bad she won't [CHAT]... but then again who does?

• Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Yeah. That's true. I've just been attacking it the wrong way though. I got some really great advice from Tube (albeit indirectly), so I've got something new to work towards. I ate genuinely awesome food today.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Flay wrote: »
    Hey Napp, could you uh... describe in single words only the good things that come in to your mind about your mother?
    Mustang wrote: »
    Napp's mother has done questionable things.

She started a new life in an offworld colony.... with a replicant.

:cry:

About my LP: Fraps hates me... every time I try to record now, the video pauses (though the game and the recording continue (i.e. it stops on a single frame).

I think this might be my harddrive so... i'm going to upgrade this summer.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2010
    Have you guys read Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? I'm not too enamoured with Philip Dick, but that's a strong, dark novel. I love it a lot, particularly the bits with Phil Resch.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I like that book much more than the movie (and I love the movie).

What other PKD books have you read?

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• Options
    ChillyChilly Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Nappuccino wrote: »

Um.. Through a Scanner Darkly, and two of his short story collections.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Oh no, you didn't like A Scanner Darkly? I put that one up there with DADoES. Also Ubik and Flow My Tears the Policeman said.

I've read some of his short stories and.... they're good ideas but not necessarily well written.

Nappuccino on

• Options
    FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Guys I heard Frank Frazetta is getting old. I hope he doesn't die soon!

Fugitive on
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I only read books by Dan Brown, JK Rowling and Stephane Meyer.

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Oh no, you didn't like A Scanner Darkly? I put that one up there with DADoES. Also Ubik and Flow My Tears the Policeman said.

I've read some of his short stories and.... they're good ideas but not necessarily well written.

I completely agree. That kinda sums up my opinion of him in total.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    ChillyChilly Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Fugitive wrote: »
    Guys I heard Frank Frazetta is getting old. I hope he doesn't die soon!

Doesn't mean I can't be sad.

Chilly on
  • Options
    ParadiseParadise Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    thread title should have been "I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the [CHAT]hauser gate"

I have a little story about this line and the associated monologue:
    In a ninth grade computer class, a few of my friends and I made a video about printers. Our video was focused on a murderous, motile printer who could talk and laugh like a villain. The video was actually pretty funny, and it was really fun to make. I did most of the voices because I didn't want the thing to seem too silly, serious, or sociopathic (it was ninth grade; I was worried).

A few scenes involve a Stretch Armstrong-style Mr. Fantastic toy. In one scene, he gets hit with a sword and stabbed by my friend, while everyone else sprays ketchup all over the place. The next shot is a close-up of Mr. Fantastic, and there's ketchup splattered dramatically on one side of his face. The lighting in this shot is actually quite beautiful, and I do a voice-over of that whole Blade Runner death monologue, just to clarify that the toy is dying.

It was reeeeally stupid.

Here's the Mr. Fantastic toy we used:

41W83PWVJBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Paradise on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Video or it didn't happen.

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Mustang wrote: »
    Video or it didn't happen.

Yeah it was video. Like a shitty little Sony.

edit: I fixed it.

Paradise on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    No I mean upload the video or it didn't happen. On the internet you have to prove yourself to me. There's like a law or something, I don't know, what do I look like a lawyer? Wait a minute, you're not a cop are you? That's it, this interview is over.

Mustang on
  • Options
    LexxyLexxy Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I am always complaining about stuff, aren't I?

Man, I wonder how much of a reputation I have for that. And with whom. A walk probably would do me some good. I'll go do that.

I cannot emphasize enough the awesomeness that is a hella long walk. I used to walk for miles and miles when I lived in Japan (it was so easy). I'd take public transportation out to the opposite end of town, do some window shopping or hang out with friends or whatever, then walk the greater part of the 12km back home along a subway line (so I could get on at some point, if I started getting to tired or it got too late). Not only is it excellent fat-burning exercise, but it gave me an extended period of time to let my thoughts sort themselves out without being distracted by having to do anything other than walk. I likened it to defragging my brain. Even if you don't reach any kind of epiphany or solve any great personal dilemma, it's therapeutic and rejuvenating at the very least. It helped me get through some low times.

I live right next to a long, paved multipurpose trail now and have taken up walking again, much to my personal benefit. I've started walking the 6.8 mile round trip to my favorite outdoor mall and back. 3.4 miles there, pop into Starbucks for a venti iced green tea (unsweetened), then 3.4 miles back. Takes me about two anna half hours.

Lexxy on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I don't even know how to upload videos onto the internet. I don't do youtube or anything.

And even if I did know how to do that, I wouldn't post videos/pictures of other people on the internet. It just doesn't seem right.

edit: Mustang, check your thread.

Paradise on
  • Options
    PROXPROX Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Lexxy wrote: »
    I am always complaining about stuff, aren't I?

Man, I wonder how much of a reputation I have for that. And with whom. A walk probably would do me some good. I'll go do that.

I cannot emphasize enough the awesomeness that is a hella long walk. I used to walk for miles and miles when I lived in Japan (it was so easy). I'd take public transportation out to the opposite end of town, do some window shopping or hang out with friends or whatever, then walk the greater part of the 12km back home along a subway line (so I could get on at some point, if I started getting to tired or it got too late). Not only is it excellent fat-burning exercise, but it gave me an extended period of time to let my thoughts sort themselves out without being distracted by having to do anything other than walk. I likened it to defragging my brain. Even if you don't reach any kind of epiphany or solve any great personal dilemma, it's therapeutic and rejuvenating at the very least. It helped me get through some low times.

I live right next to a long, paved multipurpose trail now and have taken up walking again, much to my personal benefit. I've started walking the 6.8 mile round trip to my favorite outdoor mall and back. 3.4 miles there, pop into Starbucks for a venti iced green tea (unsweetened), then 3.4 miles back. Takes me about two anna half hours.

Wow! That's a pretty long walk. I walk on my treadmill but not for nearly as long. Air quality is really bad here so I rarely go outside.

PROX on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

I completely agree. That kinda sums up my opinion of him in total.

Well, like i said, the novels I listed are really good... I recommend giving them a shot.

Nappuccino on

• Options
    edited May 2010
    HUFF PUFF

What a walk.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    You feel better though right? I might do some walking myself tonight, there's a killer hill near my house that pushes all the bad voodoo from your body when you walk up it......I was listening to Metallica last time I stormed up it and nearly passed out at the top.

Mustang on
  • Options
    VeritasVeritas Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm several pages late but based on the last chat thread I would have totally called this "The Rugged Mans Lumber[Chat] - Ladies Drink for Free

Veritas on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Nah. I'm trying to be as inclusive as possible.

Unless you haven't watched Blade Runner. Then I'm kicking you out with brute force.

Nappuccino on

• Options
    edited May 2010
    Do I have to take a voight-kampff?

Veritas on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I almost didn't go. It's 48 degrees outside and raining pretty good, but I said "fuck it" and threw on my sweatshirt. I was only gonna walk for about 45 minutes or so, but when I got to the end of my street, I took a right instead of turning around. Walked a little ways until I found a street called "Country Club road", which I was unfamiliar with, so I decided to walk down it.

I saw the most amazing house I've ever seen in my life. Probably not a very impressive house in the grand scheme, but I'll bet it was 12000 square feet or more. On a small yard pristinely landscaped and shadowed by giant spruces and oak trees. I wasn't sure it was even a residence at first until I saw the flicker of a television in a dark second story window. I don't even know how to properly describe the exterior. Suffice to say that if I had stood there gawking any longer, police may have been called. Maybe I'll take a walk through there in the daytime and get a better look.

Anyway, after that I got lost. And that's the story of my 45 minute walk that lasted two hours.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    If you know what a voight-kampf is...then no.

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    It's a type of car right?

Mercedes Voight-Kampff

Veritas on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Lena Horne died too

Tam on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    So I couldn't describe the house, but I found it on googlemaps. What would we ever do without google.

wishiwasthiswealthy.jpg

To some of you guys this is probably not impressive at all, but this is like the first $1M+ home I've really ever seen. And so close to where I live. What a cool neighborhood.

Look at it. It's like a fucking castle on the hillside. I'll bet it's haunted and shit. I'd pay money to tour that place.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    All Million dollar homes are haunted.

because why would a ghost want to haunt poor folk?

Veritas on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Veritas wrote: »
    It's a type of car right?

Mercedes Voight-Kampff

Get ....oouuuut....:shock:

EDIT: Pretty rockin house DDV, you should rob it.
    That was joke, don't really rob it.
    But seriously, rob it.

Mustang on
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    IM SO CLOSE TO GRADUATING I CAN TASTE IT

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Oh hey Orik, have you read The Yiddish Policemen's Union?

Tam on
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Oh man, I lost my pencil case today, which wouldn't be so bad if it didn't happen to have my keys in it. And, after exhausting all other options, I did the natural thing to do and went off to whine about it on facebook. Turns out, I'd left a piece of paper with my friend's email on it in there and they'd just gotten an email about it. They figured it was the wrong address until they saw my update on facebook.

Fuck yeah, whining on the internet has a purpose!

Flay on
  • Options
    ZEROIDZEROID Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Nah. I'm trying to be as inclusive as possible.

Unless you haven't watched Blade Runner. Then I'm kicking you out with brute force.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ZEROID on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    This is too funny.

Paradise on
  • Options
    IkageIkage Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    HUFF PUFF

What a walk.

Keep it up I lost 55 pounds last year just not having a car but staying active. And I been a chunkie chunk ( fluctuating between 170-190 pds) most my life so being the weight I am now still trips me out. No longer do I look like a fat Tori Amos starting a double chin. I can wear short sleeves without freaking out about my arms jiggling in a mesmerizing manner. I'm 131 now and feeling good.

Protips on eating too lose weight:
    Eat eggs in the morning. They are cheap and the high protein intake gives you a good energy boost so your feeling fine and eat less. Also take vitamins, it gives you the energy you need, helps cut down on acne and cravings and makes your skin look awesome.

Drink more too, drinking water helps the skin so when your losing weight it stretches back way better and helps cut down on acne since your skins not dry. Dry skin is way more prone to break outs. Also you eat less if your drinking more ( sometimes your hungry when your body is really telling you your thirsty. Also drinking gives you something to do, so you cut back on snacking more.) Oatmeal is also a good filler food and good for your heart and organs due to the high fiber.

Green tea and coffee also naturally boost your metabolism. I drink about 6-10 cups of green tea a day with a few drops of milk sometimes to cut the edge off. And you can get a good size box for 3 bucks and make a bunch in the coffee maker, and since it has a load of antioxidants it really really good for you.

But tea and coffee also have caffiene so it gives you the boost you need.

If you need a snack food just for the taste of salt/munching, but popcorn and NOT in the bags. You can pop the kernels in the microwave ( they have bowls for it, or you can jerry rig something yourself with a plate and a bowl, but make sure the steam can escape or your popcorn will be soggy) and use spray butter ( Pam- Butter flavored it has 0 calories and 0 fat). And popcorn as kernels is cheap. Pretty much everything I am suggesting is cheap. But use the spray butter on your plain popcorn, throw some salt and just repeat shake, spray, shake, spray until desired guiltless popcorn. This way it's fat free with barely any calories and will probably cost you 3 bucks in the end for a snack you can have for weeks.

I ate like this and lost weight really quick about 8-10 pds a month ( I also made sure to have a normal supper ( not fried or anything but things like spaghetti or sandwiches made with chicken/turkey), I made sure to take multi-vitamins so I'm not nutritionally deficit in any area and I felt the best I have in a long time doing so. It gives you a sort of clarity and I rarely got depressed, bu takes awhile for your body to get in that gear. At first I felt sick taking vitamins, but eventually my body evened out.

I mentioned a lot about acne because I have none on my body eating this way. Adverse to when I was younger and had some problems. And it's great because I can spoil myself now and then guilt-free and I haven't gotten sick the whole time eating this way, so my immune system is superb( knock on wood).And trying to eat less is good, like use the smaller plates when you get food. Though I eat a larger amount now that I'm working out 3 days a week to tone.

I actually enjoy walking with my Pokewalker now, It acts like a pedometer and you can use the watts you earn towards your pokaymans ( think the yellow pikachu things for way back) and my Ghastly is adorable as all get out.

Ikage on
    STRONGER THEN DIRT!! DIRT STRONG!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Hi Ikage. Thanks for the kind words. I'll do my best.

e: Also I posted in your thread. Go and look.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I can't read pedometer without thinking of the catholic church.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Orik have you read The Yiddish Policemen's Union?

Tam on
This discussion has been closed.