As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PHALLA] Avatar: The Last Phallbender - Mafia Victory

• MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Wow, apparently trying to put forth some sort of analysis nearly got me killed yesterday, so today I'll just keep my mouth shut and go with Demurist, who I've suspected for a while now anyway.

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, sorry about missing the vote. It's exam time for me, and yesterday was a bear.

No, not a Platypus Bear. Or Skunk Bear. Or Armadillo Bear. NO, IT'S NOT A GOPHER BEAR.

It's was just a bear.

So, I'm going to catch up and post more a bit later.

Capfalcon on
  • Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Thorgot, because I dont want Demurist to be able to say I told you so.

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Delmain wrote: »
    The Fallen
    warban - Earthbender Student, Earth Kingdom Bender - killed by the Trio and Fire Nation attackers

So, I didn't see anyone else mention this. I think we may still have a bus driver! In the future, Mr. Bus Driver, you may just want to drive the kill onto the guy getting voted out, so that we can buy some more time...

Edit: Of course, I am a noob at Phalla, so I just realized that since we have so few people if might be worth just randomly redirecting to try and snag a mafia.

Capfalcon on
    edited May 2010
    And for my vote:

I'm going to say !Thorgot.

There may, in fact, be mafia on his suspect list, but it doesn't change the fact that Thorgot has pointed us to the wrong person pretty much every time.

Capfalcon on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Capfalcon wrote: »
    Delmain wrote: »
    The Fallen
    warban - Earthbender Student, Earth Kingdom Bender - killed by the Trio and Fire Nation attackers

So, I didn't see anyone else mention this. I think we may still have a bus driver! In the future, Mr. Bus Driver, you may just want to drive the kill onto the guy getting voted out, so that we can buy some more time...

Edit: Of course, I am a noob at Phalla, so I just realized that since we have so few people if might be worth just randomly redirecting to try and snag a mafia.

Busdriver why? Are you saying that because they both attacked the same person? If so, that wouldn't be caused by a standard busdriver. It could be caused by someone who can just re-target another's ability or whatnot.

It's also possible that warban's ability was sort of self-sacrificial, and that explains the extra kill. Or that they tried to kill warban earlier and failed, so though two kills would work better. Or that the trio are not masoned with the rest of the Fire Nation. Or they just screwed up. A few possibilities here.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    edited May 2010
    kime wrote: »
    Busdriver why? Are you saying that because they both attacked the same person? If so, that wouldn't be caused by a standard busdriver. It could be caused by someone who can just re-target another's ability or whatnot.

It's also possible that warban's ability was sort of self-sacrificial, and that explains the extra kill. Or that they tried to kill warban earlier and failed, so though two kills would work better. Or that the trio are not masoned with the rest of the Fire Nation. Or they just screwed up. A few possibilities here.

Yeah, I thought that bus drivers could move kills around. Never mind. :P

Capfalcon on
  • DemuristDemurist Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Thorgot, because I dont want Demurist to be able to say I told you so.

I've already got a nice warm "I told you so," cooling on the window sill. Ouch! Needs more time :mrgreen:

BTW, I tend to get bandwagoned quite a bit in these games. I just think it's funny that the one time I was mafia, a vig got lucky when he targeted me on day 3...or was it day 4? Who can remember these things?

Demurist on
    sig.jpg
    edited May 2010

Yeah, I thought that bus drivers could move kills around. Never mind. :P

Well, there's usually nothing wrong with that. But a busdriver works both ways. So if he targeted warban and whoever else, kills would be switched off the other target and onto warban. So both kills would still have been directed at the same person. There's no way for a busdriver to put kills on someone without also taking whatever was originally targeting them off. 'course, as I said, it could just be a one-way redirecter, but dunno.
    Demurist wrote: »
    BTW, I tend to get bandwagoned quite a bit in these games.

Oy, I'm gonna call you on that one. First, this is Day Seven, and you've actually avoided a bandwagon for several days now. You're really in no position to call this as something that always happens. Second, how many times have you been bandwagoned on Day One or Two? There are people that get bandwagoned a lot. But I don't think you're one of them.

That, or I've forgotten the many early bandwagons on you. Entirely possible :P.

kime on
    Steam profile
    edited May 2010
    Well, there's usually nothing wrong with that. But a busdriver works both ways. So if he targeted warban and whoever else, kills would be switched off the other target and onto warban. So both kills would still have been directed at the same person. There's no way for a busdriver to put kills on someone without also taking whatever was originally targeting them off. 'course, as I said, it could just be a one-way redirecter, but dunno.

Um. Wow. I feel dumb. That's really simple, and I completely missed that.

Capfalcon on
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Thorgot

As it stands Demurist looks like he's going to eat the vote (unless I counted wrong..) he seems to indicate the he is indeed a earth citizen and I wouldn't be surprised if he is.

I'm just curious how is Kime still alive? Not saying hes mafia but I am impressed good sir!

It looks like whoever voted for me probably isn't mafia. The reason being I haven't had as much time as I hoped for this game and the mafia saw that, thus why I'm still alive. Those voting for me just figured it was typical behaviour so I'm not angry or anything.

What we should be looking for is as mentioned the bandwagon starters especially.

Does anyone have a player list of whose still alive?

Also for those post of mine a few days back, I made the mistake of trying to play Phalla while not sober. That was clearly a mistake.

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
    edited May 2010
    BTW, I tend to get bandwagoned quite a bit in these games.

Oy, I'm gonna call you on that one. First, this is Day Seven, and you've actually avoided a bandwagon for several days now. You're really in no position to call this as something that always happens. Second, how many times have you been bandwagoned on Day One or Two? There are people that get bandwagoned a lot. But I don't think you're one of them.

That, or I've forgotten the many early bandwagons on you. Entirely possible :P.

There was a short period where I was a favorite day 2 wagon. I didn't mean to dethrone you kime. I know people love to try to start bandwagons on you. I'm just stating that in phalla scenarios I tend to die by the vote over any other method. There are only a couple of times where I was vigged.

I'm not saying "Oh! Woe is me! I am such a victim!" I just find it funny is all.

Demurist on
    sig.jpg
    edited May 2010
    I'm just curious how is Kime still alive? Not saying hes mafia but I am impressed good sir!

I am both mafia and immortal. It explains everything

kime on
    Steam profile
  • ShushnikShushnik regular
    edited May 2010
    Cow King, for a player list, check the beginning of the thread. It's been upkept very nicely.

Shushnik on
  • LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm really not feeling this Demurist vote. It seems all wrong to me. What exactly is the reasoning behind it.

Alright, I've accumulated some phalla experience by now, and there are a few people playing oddly.

Jdark hasn't been the slightest bit helpful. He's usually all up in the thread trying to give advice and form a plan. So far, jack squat other than vote posts that I've seen (maybe I'm blind).

Gumpy as well is normally quite active, and isn't.

As well as Samurai.

Now, there are 27 of us left, and we haven't hit a single fire nation attacker yet. We got Ty Lee, but not a single fire nation attacker. Due to their kills doubling up, is it reasonable to suspect that the trio doesn't know who the fire nation attackers are and vice versa? Otherwise, why double up? Unless we still have a guard out there.

If I'm right, then like 1/3ish of the remaining players are fire nation attackers, and we have two more of the trio.

Now, we did have that one day in narration where we had two people ejected from the city because they were tied. Now, the person tying the vote got ejected as well, but is it worth it?

Might also be a decent way to find mafia if we can note who isn't willing to tie up the vote. Though that relies on all our specials being dead (and thus not in danger of refusing because they could be helpful). This could backfire immensely, but only if we let the same group of people start both wagons.

LoserForHireX on
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    edited May 2010
    Wait, let me get this right...there is no bandwagon for any of your three top contenders for mafia, and you'd like us to eject three people who presumably aren't on the list?

How f'ing crazy are you?

Shushnik on
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    demurist

Also, I agree that kime should probbly be dead.

The_Reflection on
    edited May 2010
    demurist

Also, I agree that kime should probbly be dead.
    I probably should've died days ago...

But too bad!

kime on
    Steam profile
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Might also be a decent way to find mafia if we can note who isn't willing to tie up the vote. Though that relies on all our specials being dead (and thus not in danger of refusing because they could be helpful). This could backfire immensely, but only if we let the same group of people start both wagons.

I think with all the time zone shittery; this would run into a lot of problems...

It certainly would make the game shorter..one way or the other :I

Egos on
  • LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Shushnik wrote: »
    Wait, let me get this right...there is no bandwagon for any of your three top contenders for mafia, and you'd like us to eject three people who presumably aren't on the list?

How f'ing crazy are you?

The List?

You mean the one that's proven to have failed and then failed?

I thought the List was a good idea, but it isn't. Thorgot hasn't been right yet. It was a good try.

As for my "top" contenders. All I wanted to point out that is that three of them are playing very strangely. Usually they are far more active, and far more helpful.

LoserForHireX on
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    edited May 2010
    Shushnik wrote: »

How f'ing crazy are you?

The List?

You mean the one that's proven to have failed and then failed?

I thought the List was a good idea, but it isn't. Thorgot hasn't been right yet. It was a good try.

As for my "top" contenders. All I wanted to point out that is that three of them are playing very strangely. Usually they are far more active, and far more helpful.

I'm not talking about thorgot's list, I'm talking about the three you named as suspicious. None of them are on a bandwagon today, but you're talking about tying the vote to eject three people. If none of those three appear as suspicious as the three you've mentioned, why in hell would we want to risk that?

Shushnik on
  • TipharethTiphareth Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Demurist and if that doesn't give anything I want to take another hard long look at mundanesoul, preferably by seeing what happens when you expel him from the most peaceful city of all times, where nothing bad has happened.

Tiphareth on
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Anyway Demurist , I hope the wagon is going well in part because of simon's condemnation and the mafia figuring they would have to bite the bullet on one of their own... as opposed to it going smoothly for other reasons..

Granted I guess it depends how strong you think the thorgot argument is...

Egos on
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Thorgot.

He has been leading us by the nose and hitting nothing but villagers.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    2 and a half hours left and I've still got a bunch of votes missing.

Delmain on
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Make your voice heard.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    If they don't use them, can I have them?

The_Reflection on
  • Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Reflection wants to be voted for, is that what your saying?

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
    edited May 2010
    I'm voting for jdarksun (look I spelled it right!!)

I think he's got the stench of laying low evil on him.

LoserForHireX on
  • KeikaKeika Delectable tea, or deadly poison? Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Made it home before vote close!

Summer classes started today and I had the joy of spending 6 hours teaching students how to properly gown and glove for surgery... the fun, it never stops. :?

Had some time at lunch earlier, so here are the post counts as of Post #1051 for those of you that are information junkies (spoilered for long):
    63 - kime (1/4)
    52 - Capfalcon (1/6)
    49 - Egos (0)
    32 - jackisreal (0)
    29 - The Anonymous (0)
    29 - Shushnik (0)
    28 - Sepah (0)
    24 - Gumpy (1/2)
    22 - Reflection (0)
    21 - ForceVoid (0)
    20 - thorgot (0)
    20 - Sir Fabulous (0)
    17 - Ebfan (0)
    16 - Keika (0)
    15 - Demurist (0)
    15 - tzeentchling (0)
    15 - Toxic Toys (1/4)
    13 - shalmelo (0)
    13 - LoserForHireX (2/2,4)
    10 - Tiphareth (1/5)
    10 - KingMole (0)
    10 - jdarksun (2/1,4)
    9 - Element Brian [replaced Daius] (0 since joining Day 6)
    9 - samurai6966 (0)
    9 - MundaneSoul (0)
    8 - The Cow King (2/4,6)
    7 - ShadowThomas (1/3)

Median = 16
    Average Posts = 21
    Std Dev = 14

Key:
    Magenta = voted for ronrab Day 4
    (number of days not voted/which days missed)

If Demurist doesn't turn up red, I'd look at Tiphareth. Like I said a few days ago, the only major bandwagon he's jumped on is the ronrab.

Now to go eat dinner.

Keika on
    "My fancies are fireflies / Specks of living light / twinkling in the dark." ~Rabindranath Tagore
  • SepahSepah Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    If we can hit a mafia, any mafia, it'll give us enough information to at least make a fight of it. The ronrab bandwagon has not been good to us so far, but if there's not mafia in it then nothing makes any sense.

Sepah on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    at least i thought about the game and came up with some voting options, unlike most of you
    ForceVoid wrote: »
    I'm with Mecha-Dolphin

!Thorgot has put down some very compelling arguments that ended up with death villagers.

yes, because compelling arguments that are wrong are so very suspicious

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Dammit I totally missed voting.

KingMole on
    doomrider_sigPA.png
    edited May 2010
    I believe the final count puts me in the lead. So, as my death seems a certainty, I'm going to go ahead and put out a nice fat, "I told you so!"

Shit, people! If we lose this one, I'ma be pissed!

Demurist on
    sig.jpg
    edited May 2010
    Surrounding Demurist and forcing him bodily out of the city seemed to be the best option remaining to the citizenry. He wasn't, however, an attacker.

The Fire Nation troops then fell upon the huddled mass of Earth Kingdom Citizens, slicing and burning randomly, killing all who remain.

Later, Azula sits upon the Earth King's throne and dictates to a scribe the message with which she will give her father the good news.

The Fallen
    ForceVoid - Earth Kingdom Citizen - killed by Fire Nation attackers
    The_Reflection - Waterbender Student, Water Tribe Bender - killed by Fire Nation attackers
    Keika - Earth Kingdom Citizen - killed by the Trio
    Demurist - Earth Kingdom Citizen - voted

MAFIA INEVITABLE VICTORY

There is no longer any way for the village to stop the mafia from outnumbering them.

The Victorious!
    Element Brian - Azula, Fire Nation Bender
    MundaneSoul - Mai, Fire Nation Warrior
    Capfalcon - Fire Nation Soldier, Fire Nation Warrior
    Egos - Fire Nation Soldier, Fire Nation Warrior
    Ebfan - Fire Nation Colonist, Fire Nation Commoner
    Sepah - Fire Nation Colonist, Fire Nation Commoner
    tzeentchling - Dai Li Agent, Earth Kingdom Bender
    Shushnik - Dai Li Agent, Earth Kingdom Bender

The Remaining Villagers
    Sir Fabulous - Waterbender Student, Water Tribe Bender
    Gumpy - Earthbender Student, Earth Kingdom Bender
    Kime - Earth Kingdom Citizen
    jackisreal - Earth Kingdom Citizen
    jdarksun - Earth Kingdom Citizen
    KingMole - Earth Kingdom Citizen
    shalmelo - Earth Kingdom Citizen
    The Cow King - Earth Kingdom Citizen
    thorgot - Earth Kingdom Citizen
    ShadowThomas - Earth Kingdom Citizen
    Tiphareth - Earth Kingdom Citizen
    Samurai6966 - Earth Kingdom Citizen
    The Anonymous - Earth Kingdom Citizen
    Toxic Toys - Earth Kingdom Citizen
    LoserForHireX - Earth Kingdom Citizen

Man, I have no been having good luck with this. So sorry about the delay, but then a good 20 minutes was spent making sure there was no way for the village to win. Sorry village, gratz mafia.

Delmain on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I believe the final count puts me in the lead. So, as my death seems a certainty, I'm going to go ahead and put out a nice fat, "I told you so!"

Shit, people! If we lose this one, I'ma be pissed!

the only two good things that have happened to us villagers have been that it A) made me work on my Batman game B) some trains have wifi now and i am posting from a train wow!

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited May 2010
    Nooooo!

'course, that was expected. So what happened? Was there a leak in the network, or was the mafia just insanely lucky, or...?

Also, it's amusing that... what, only two of the mafia ever had a decent amount of votes on them? :(

Thanks for running Delmain! Excellent theme :P.

kime on
    Steam profile
    edited May 2010
    Hey, I lived through my first Mafia game! And we won! Woot!

So, question time:

What did the different benders do?
    If we hadn't ganked the Gaang, what would a fully trained Avatar looked like?

Capfalcon on
    edited May 2010
    Nooooo!

'course, that was expected. So what happened? Was there a leak in the network, or was the mafia just insanely lucky, or...?

Also, it's amusing that... what, only two of the mafia ever had a decent amount of votes on them? :(

Thanks for running Delmain! Excellent theme :P.

Thanks, I'm probably gonna make a more mechanically involved version later as a mini. More "everybody's a special" but less people.

I wanna hear back about my seer/nationality thing though. How'd that work out for everyone involved?

Delmain on
    edited May 2010
    Hey, I lived through my first Mafia game! And we won! Woot!

So, question time:

What did the different benders do?
    If we hadn't ganked the Gaang, what would a fully trained Avatar looked like?

The Students could hit up a master and gain every other day powers. Water was a vig, Earth was a guard.

Aang fully powered would have a Self-Guard from Air, a Busdriver from Earth, a Double Guard from Water (two targets, normal guard), and a vig from Fire. Fully powered, he also would have gained the ability to choose two of those per night (not the same one).

Delmain on