As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PHALLA] Avatar: The Last Phallbender - Mafia Victory

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    kime wrote: »
    Nooooo!

'course, that was expected. So what happened? Was there a leak in the network, or was the mafia just insanely lucky, or...?

Exarch unfortunately seered Tzeen...so yeah.

We found Aor and Garret before that , since they were guarded... mixed with Infidel's called kill the night before + narration.

Sadly ,for the village, I had the original trio kill set on Exarch for Day 1...which probably would have been helpful in the long run?

Mafia Boards

Egos on
  • SepahSepah Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The fire nation would like to thank Delmain for running the game throughout the many trials and tribulations, the village for being divided enough to allow us to influence the vote, and Tzeenchling for infiltrating the network, allowing us to wipe out the entire avatar gaang and the fire nation exiles they fortuitously connected with so early.

Sepah on
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Nooooo!

'course, that was expected. So what happened? Was there a leak in the network, or was the mafia just insanely lucky, or...?

Also, it's amusing that... what, only two of the mafia ever had a decent amount of votes on them? :(

Thanks for running Delmain! Excellent theme :P.

There was a leak. tzeentchling (aka the bestest thrall evar) was seered and returned as an earth kingdom bender. He then got an invite to the ProBoards :mrgreen:.

We spent half of day three arguing whether or not it was a trap. Eventually, we figured taking out almost all the village specials was worth the risk.

Capfalcon on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Were the Dai Li thralls, then? I wasn't in-the-know for anything :lol:.

Except that I am Toph!

Edit: Thraaallllss. Ugh. Those are tough. 'course, I'm kind of surprised no one in the network expected it and they didn't segment or prepare in other ways for it, but oh well, lesson learned.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    edited May 2010

Except that I am Toph!

Yup, very bad luck on the Gaang's part on choice of who to seer.

Edit: Thraaallllss. Ugh. Those are tough. 'course, I'm kind of surprised no one in the network expected it and they didn't segment or prepare in other ways for it, but oh well, lesson learned.

I get the feeling Infidel did , certainly after he died.. sadly I'm not sure how many people familiar with the show were left after that. Since Fiaryn got replaced O-o

ITT he may have been able to figure out the Dai Li were in play.....

Egos on
  • Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Victory!

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • DemuristDemurist Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Nearly all of my suspicions were right! Damn it all! Oh well. Twas fun. I knew the mafia had to be running the show by day 5 or so. I can't wait to see what happens in the next phalla! :P

Demurist on
    sig.jpg
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Excerpt from Princess Azula's speech upon the Conquest of the Earth Kingdom:

Bwahaahahahaha! We have claimed this land for the glory of the Fire Nation! We have defeated the Avatar! None of you will ever rise above the crushing and humiliating defeat that we have handed you today. Wallow, worms, in the depths of your shame and sorrow, for the Fire Nation is always victorious!

Capfalcon on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    This game followed the trend so chalk one up.

I'm kinda surprised there were thralls though as usually there are warnings of their existance or of more exotic mechanics...

this seemed like a pretty vanilla game from the outside.

I think it was obvious the village lost about 2 days ago though.

edit: I'm also still confused about the color schemes and why the kill on me came up green and my killer came up green/red..... unless that was the thrall mechanic?

Dunadan019 on
    edited May 2010
    Also, since Sokka's master was a neutral and it looks like he taught warriors, could any of the Fire Nation warriors learned from him?

Capfalcon on
    edited May 2010
    Capfalcon wrote: »
    Excerpt from Princess Azula's speech upon the Conquest of the Earth Kingdom:

Bwahaahahahaha! We have claimed this land for the glory of the Fire Nation! We have defeated the Avatar! None of you will ever rise above the crushing and humiliating defeat that we have handed you today. Wallow, worms, in the depths of your shame and sorrow, for the Fire Nation is always victorious!

She is so evil. She literally just reeked of evil every time she was seen on the show.

From the mafia proboard:
    Ebfan wrote:
    The funny thing is that there's absolutely no merit behind the kime bandwagon. As far as I can tell he is being voted for because he is acting the exact same way he acts in every single game he plays.

See village! This is what happens when you don't listen to me and instead try to kill me! The mafia wins!

kime on
    Steam profile
  • KeikaKeika Delectable tea, or deadly poison? Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Well, poo.

Fun game, aside from the rampant inactivity. I tend to be a bigger fan of the 'you miss a vote, you're replaced' thing that I've seen done. It prevents cases like Daius, who had 3 posts (sign-up and 2 votes), but wasn't replaced until Day 6.

Thanks for hosting, Delmain.

Might have to keep this avatar for a while though. :P
    Lawinator is so grudged for getting to be Iroh.

Keika on
    "My fancies are fireflies / Specks of living light / twinkling in the dark." ~Rabindranath Tagore
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    http://nobendersclub.proboards.com/

Notice how I am "why the fuck are we inviting tz again?"

I'm going to stop trying to not stomp on people and go "no you're fucking dumb that's not how you do things" from now on. :^: When I trust people to make their own decisions it just bites me in the ass. :lol:

The specials were all connected and the known-to-the-mafia vigs were guarded. Except Law inactived the fuck out of the game and died, and then Exarch decided to trust someone when it was clearly felt to be uncertain by the rest. The noobie specials tried but we never really got a chance to do much. I wish picking on noobie mafia mistakes would have ended up with better targets, but apparently the mafia vets were being very good with "don't do this mistake, or this mistake, etc." and the ones I picked on were just villagers making em wooooops.

Thanks for the game Del.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • EbfanEbfan Wimmy Wam Wam Wozzle! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Mwahaha!

Anyways, now that that's out of the way: Thanks so much for the game. We certainly got lucky very early with tzeetch was seered and that we were able to infiltrate the network. I know it probably made the game boring for the village but on our end it was a lot of fun wiping out all of the specials in two nights.

Ebfan on
  • Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So Kime, this

Busdriver why? Are you saying that because they both attacked the same person? If so, that wouldn't be caused by a standard busdriver. It could be caused by someone who can just re-target another's ability or whatnot.

It's also possible that warban's ability was sort of self-sacrificial, and that explains the extra kill. Or that they tried to kill warban earlier and failed, so though two kills would work better. Or that the trio are not masoned with the rest of the Fire Nation. Or they just screwed up. A few possibilities here.

Nailed it on the head, i screwed up since I didn't know how our group reported our kills.

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
    edited May 2010
    So Kime, this

Busdriver why? Are you saying that because they both attacked the same person? If so, that wouldn't be caused by a standard busdriver. It could be caused by someone who can just re-target another's ability or whatnot.

It's also possible that warban's ability was sort of self-sacrificial, and that explains the extra kill. Or that they tried to kill warban earlier and failed, so though two kills would work better. Or that the trio are not masoned with the rest of the Fire Nation. Or they just screwed up. A few possibilities here.

Nailed it on the head, i screwed up since I didn't know how our group reported our kills.

Yeah, as I was writing that and going through the possibilities, I was like, "hmm, come to think of it, the most likely thing is that the mafia just messed up, guess I should mention that..."

This game, though, is a clear example of why thralls can be overpowered, and why you should always take some precaution in them in a game.

kime on
    Steam profile
    edited May 2010
    There was no problem with tz being seered and being a thrall.

Contacting him at all was stupid and Exarch paid for it.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Egos wrote: »

Except that I am Toph!

Yup, very bad luck on the Gaang's part on choice of who to seer.

I get the feeling Infidel did , certainly after he died.. sadly I'm not sure how many people familiar with the show were left after that. Since Fiaryn got replaced O-o

Garret Dorigan actually warned Exarch about Thralls before Exarch invited Tzeentch to the proboard. Plus, he knew Zuko and Iroh were Millers, so the possibility wasn't completely out of left field.

Delmain on
    edited May 2010
    Oh yeah, I'm well aware that the network screwed up :P.

kime on
    Steam profile
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, as I was writing that and going through the possibilities, I was like, "hmm, come to think of it, the most likely thing is that the mafia just messed up, guess I should mention that..."

This game, though, is a clear example of why thralls can be overpowered, and why you should always take some precaution in them in a game.

Yeah, I knew what happened, but I thought I should play up the noob a bit since I was on the death list. However, I did find it strange that no one had mentioned what had happened with the double kill.

Also, I was a solider, which means that I counted for two when outnumbering the village. I thought it was kinda neat.

Capfalcon on
    edited May 2010
    Delmain wrote: »
    Egos wrote: »

Garret Dorigan actually warned Exarch about Thralls before Exarch invited Tzeentch to the proboard. Plus, he knew Zuko and Iroh were Millers, so the possibility wasn't completely out of left field.

Did tz not share what I was posting with you guys? I was posting all day 3 about how tz was going to backstab us. :D

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    That was certainly a game, Delmain, thanks for running it! I had fun doing absolutely nothing except being responsible for the final village-destroying bandwagon.

simonwolf on
    edited May 2010
    Keika wrote: »
    Well, poo.

Fun game, aside from the rampant inactivity. I tend to be a bigger fan of the 'you miss a vote, you're replaced' thing that I've seen done. It prevents cases like Daius, who had 3 posts (sign-up and 2 votes), but wasn't replaced until Day 6.

Thanks for hosting, Delmain.

Might have to keep this avatar for a while though. :P
    Lawinator is so grudged for getting to be Iroh.

Yeah, I was really disappointed with the amount of inactivity here. Next time I'm going to do Missed Vote -> Removed as the rule. I didn't realize people were gonna be so bad about it.

The following had one more day of inactivity before being replaced:
    jdarksun
    LoserForHireX
    The Cow King
    Sir Fabulous
    ShadowThomas
    Gumpy
    Samurai6966

Seriously, 7 people is too many.

Delmain on
    edited May 2010
    Also, my spreadsheet because I want people to see how cool it is.

=P

Delmain on
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Am I the only one who managed to kill a Fire Nation soldier? And it cost me my citizenship in Ba Sing Se to do it, too.

Well at least I'm alive. Maybe I'm actually like the Earth King. Oh wait, he wasn't a bender.

OBVIOUSLY I AM THE TRUE BOULDER AND I HAVE BURIED YOU ALL IN A ROCKALANCHE!

Terrendos on
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    WTB Earth Master

Gumpy on
    edited May 2010
    Gumpy wrote: »
    WTB Earth Master

Blame Fiaryn.

Delmain on
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Delmain wrote: »
    WTB Earth Master

Blame Fiaryn.

Blaming

Gumpy on
  • romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    This wasn't a bad game, but it was a little one sided due to a combination of bad luck for the village and inactivity.

I think the number of new players we had as mafia actually worked in our favor a bit, as some of us were making very suspicious posts that went unnoticed.

Not to rail on anyone, but this:
    Really, though, I'm not that amazing. My vote counts as two votes for outnumbering. Great if the vote is turning against us and can help fend off a concerted mafia vote, otherwise not so much.
    was one of the most suspicious posts i've ever seen. Did you guys not see it that way?

There were also so many common mafia tells in the thread that i think people got desensitized to them and just started ignoring them.

romanqwerty on
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Infidel wrote: »
    http://nobendersclub.proboards.com/

Notice how I am "why the fuck are we inviting tz again?"

I'm going to stop trying to not stomp on people and go "no you're fucking dumb that's not how you do things" from now on. :^: When I trust people to make their own decisions it just bites me in the ass. :lol:

The specials were all connected and the known-to-the-mafia vigs were guarded. Except Law inactived the fuck out of the game and died, and then Exarch decided to trust someone when it was clearly felt to be uncertain by the rest. The noobie specials tried but we never really got a chance to do much. I wish picking on noobie mafia mistakes would have ended up with better targets, but apparently the mafia vets were being very good with "don't do this mistake, or this mistake, etc." and the ones I picked on were just villagers making em wooooops.

Thanks for the game Del.

Minor thing, while I was unfortunately inactive that night due to a few things out of my control, my planned action for that night would have resulted in the exact same things happening, since I was going to teach Zuko, not guard him. I was going to die either way.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
    edited May 2010
    Yes, but a trained Zuko was more powerful and could teach Aang.

Delmain on
    edited May 2010
    Infidel wrote: »

Did tz not share what I was posting with you guys? I was posting all day 3 about how tz was going to backstab us. :D

Nope, he didn't :)

Egos on
  • SepahSepah Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    After the murdering spree began, we half expected exarch to come out to the thread, expose tzeenchling, and try to get guarded.

Sepah on
    edited May 2010
    Sepah wrote: »
    After the murdering spree began, we half expected exarch to come out to the thread, expose tzeenchling, and try to get guarded.

So did I, but nooooooooope. /facepalm

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited May 2010
    Terrendos wrote: »
    Am I the only one who managed to kill a Fire Nation soldier? And it cost me my citizenship in Ba Sing Se to do it, too.

Well at least I'm alive. Maybe I'm actually like the Earth King. Oh wait, he wasn't a bender.

OBVIOUSLY I AM THE TRUE BOULDER AND I HAVE BURIED YOU ALL IN A ROCKALANCHE!

Take solace in the fact you were one of the few villagers considered intelligent. :)

At least I thought you were gonna be a threat on the boards (early on).

Egos on
  • Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    WTB Earth Master

Sorry Gumpy I was working my way to you, but day one that I took over I taught Aang. figured that might be a good thing. The night I died I was attempting to action seer Egos, then the next night I was planning on talking to you. Unfortunately I died thanks to the mole.

Curse you mole. Short replacement stint was short.

Dogbone33 on
    Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I get the feeling by the time I came into the game there was no master left for me to contact anyway.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    edited May 2010
    Dogbone33 wrote: »
    WTB Earth Master

Sorry Gumpy I was working my way to you, but day one that I took over I taught Aang. figured that might be a good thing. The night I died I was attempting to action seer Egos, then the next night I was planning on talking to you. Unfortunately I died thanks to the mole.

I can forgive you for not outing tz since you were a replacement and probably lost as is.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited May 2010
    Dogbone33 wrote: »
    WTB Earth Master

As sad is it may be , Fiaryn was kinda a target before the mole thing O-o Because he was acting rather un-Fiaryny.

Egos on
  • jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Suspected Sepah and Egos a lot, other than that I had no idea. Congrats fire nation !

jackisreal on