As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

skate ....4???

• UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    What do you guys use to get the video off of the ea site?

edit: I mean convert .flv to avi or something.

edit2: Oh yeah, this is JCofDI. Heh.

http://skate.ea.com/user/gallery?personaId=187815214#itemId=341020

UEAKCrash on
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    There is a way, I just upload it straight to youtube.

For actually converting to edit in windows movie maker or something, then I had found a post on some forum, but just looking at it now, it suggests Super Converter, which I think I've had trouble with in the past.
    http://www.themexbox.com/index.php?topic=1094.0

If so, then there's more reliable stuff out there.

edit: I like the foetal position at the end there. "He touched me.."

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    A gauntlet has been thrown down, and war will be declared.

Gonna be all kinds of revenge takedowns on crash later tonight.

xzzy on
    edited May 2010
    xzzy wrote: »
    A gauntlet has been thrown down, and war will be declared.

Gonna be all kinds of revenge takedowns on crash later tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSzEoCFsfYQ

I believe the battle has already been won.

Also, does anyone else have problems with the editor? I can run through a clip dropping camera edits in just fine, but if I want to drop in a marker and change camera type or speed, it completely cocks up everything. Even on a really simple, short clip with just one marker and two speeds.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
    edited May 2010
    It does get wonky. Somehow my time change got shifted on the Xzzy clip, and instead of emphasizing the takedown/ construction worker double taking at his face slide, it did the grind/ manual part that looks lame.

edit: does youtube take .flv's? That would make it much easier to get them directly on there, but I really wanted to make a montage video too, so I'll have to convert eventually.

UEAKCrash on
    edited May 2010
    It does, yeah. I think xzzy had a way for converting them using some.. wizardry. I may be making things up.

And yeah, the editor just doesn't seem to work right at all. I want to create a cut in the middle so I can change the speed, but I'll be damned if it'll let me do it without cocking up all my camera placement and then not let me change them back.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
    edited May 2010
    I've found it's best to edit from start to finish rather than jumping around, because there shit be wonky.

And I think Xzzy has a capture box or card or something.

UEAKCrash on
    edited May 2010
    Yes, I use a capture device. Best birthday present ever!

Editing clips in game certainly has a lot of quirks, but it's not impossible to learn. I rely pretty heavily on advanced free camera, always work forward, and never ever let the camera run into scenery. Some people prefer to start at the end and edit backwards, it's just a preference thing.

xzzy on
    edited May 2010
    Thing is though, I do that. Like, I place the camera, I scrub forwards, I place the edit marker, and straight away it repositions the first camera. If I go back to the first one and reposition it again, it straight away jumps back to where the editor wants it to be.
    Annoying as hell.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, I had a camera issue where in previewing and editing it was fine. When it actually went rendered and uploaded the footage however, hafl the time the camera was close up on a wall.

Bolthorn on
    edited May 2010
    edited May 2010
    Nice.

Touché sir.

UEAKCrash on
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    so im down to online trophies. hopefully they wont be too bad to get, because im really close to the 100% and i would like to knock it out.

Ah_Pook on
  • troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

baaaaaaaahaha...

sorry I got a laugh out of that.

troublebrewing on
    edited May 2010

baaaaaaaahaha...

Odd, I get a "content no longer exists" message.
    I seem to get that with a lot of stuff. I tried to d/load ah_pook's parks last night and got an error about them no longer existing. Was a bit bummed. Trying to help ya out there man.

Bolthorn on
    edited May 2010
    Bolthorn wrote: »

baaaaaaaahaha...

I seem to get that with a lot of stuff. I tried to d/load ah_pook's parks last night and got an error about them no longer existing. Was a bit bummed. Trying to help ya out there man.

i appreciate that, but i deleted them because they were just bullshit i uploaded to get the trophy. i mean like rooms with one ramp in them and such. if i ever put together something worth downloading i'll leave it up there heh.

Ah_Pook on
    edited May 2010
    Ah_Pook wrote: »

baaaaaaaahaha...

i appreciate that, but i deleted them because they were just bullshit i uploaded to get the trophy. i mean like rooms with one ramp in them and such. if i ever put together something worth downloading i'll leave it up there heh.

Well that makes sense then. I was actually going to attempt to make 3 (it is 3 right?) real attempts, but if you can cheese it, I might just do that instead.

Bolthorn on
    edited May 2010
    darleysam on
    forumsig.png
    edited May 2010

SOP with any EA site is to just wait an hour and try again.

I hope they don't pay their web admins very much, because their website is such a pile of shit, if someone is making six figures for doing it, EA is getting ripped off.

xzzy on
    edited May 2010
    darleysam wrote: »
    Hey Crash: Heads up.
    Chris Haslam looks on approvingly.

It actually took a while to get the video the way I wanted. That spot is some kind of AI black hole, I had four famous skaters stuck there at one point and getting in the way.

The pathing just doesn't work right, they get stuck on the railing there and do a whole lot of nothing.

xzzy on
    edited May 2010
    Same thing with Slappy's car yard, the video I posted earlier where you, Local and Haslam all decided to converge on a single point. That was the first time I noticed it, but it kept happening over and over and over.

I've also got a brilliant clip from one of the skate jams that I need to upload.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    haha just noticed i was in the video up there, or rather the AI me
    i was so thrown off the first time the AI friends popped in, thought everybody somehow joined my game and started talking to the AI

Local H Jay on
    edited May 2010
    so for the Talkin Bout Team Practice achievement/trophy do you have to have 6 people on your team or what? Can you just do a public team freeskate session and get the trophy with randoms?

Ah_Pook on
  • Natural IceNatural Ice Registered User new member
    edited May 2010
    I just got the game yesterday for PS3, started a team called 'Fail Flip' if anyone has interest hit me up, 'Coolionaire' on the playstation network.

Natural Ice on
    edited May 2010
    I just got the game yesterday for PS3, started a team called 'Fail Flip' if anyone has interest hit me up, 'Coolionaire' on the playstation network.

I will be sending you a friend request the next time I log in. If I muck up the team too bad, you can just boot me later. haha. Just, you know, warn me first.

Bolthorn on
  • StorkStork Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm in fail flip too, we both suck so it's all good. It's actually a bit odd playing as a team and neither of us has quite figured out how the whole thing works - seems you can be placed against each other with randoms online sometimes.

edit: PSN name is brimst1, you can send me a friend invite too.

Stork on
    edited May 2010
    finally got into dongtown through the game, took me forever! also got the team up achievement for doing it
    also here's a lil more hardcore mode
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y1Eyv8iApA

we should definitely do some team videos

Local H Jay on
    edited May 2010
    I am up for that. I can definitely contribute some hardcore mode shenanigans.

Pretty sweet video, might I add. I liked the hand slap on the post, it is something I would do in real life. And the revert around the stairs was bad ass. I wish you would've ended the manual before the video ended though. Gives it some conclusion.

UEAKCrash on
    edited May 2010
    lol i end it there because i ate shit trying to trick out like a doofus

Local H Jay on
    edited May 2010
    ggs last night bolthorn. sleep puke skate represent woo.

Ah_Pook on
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So after you upload how long does it take to show your videos? Mine havent shown up yet.

Edit: Can I with the demo?

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
    edited June 2010
    you have to make sure you click the demo.reel option if you're using the demo

Local H Jay on
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSw8KAWAalA

Wooooo.

I think I am going to have to pick this game up.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
    edited June 2010
    Was fun the other night Pook. Got a lot better when the lagged ceased.

I still can't beat the final challenge of that own the lot portion of the quarry area. I can't consistently get the 9,000 point trick over the second gap or the front/back flip on any transfer. I can't seem to get the flip at all. Maybe one in every 20 attempts to flip my character will flip. I tried exiting the challenge and just practiced that over and over again. No idea what I'm doing wrong there.

Bolthorn on
    edited June 2010
    Was fun the other night Pook. Got a lot better when the lagged ceased.

I still can't beat the final challenge of that own the lot portion of the quarry area. I can't consistently get the 9,000 point trick over the second gap or the front/back flip on any transfer. I can't seem to get the flip at all. Maybe one in every 20 attempts to flip my character will flip. I tried exiting the challenge and just practiced that over and over again. No idea what I'm doing wrong there.

yea i cant do flips ever in this game, i have no idea. i know how youre supposed to do it, it just never ever comes out.

Ah_Pook on
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I think someone mentioned that you can't "pre-load" flips in this one by holding the L stick in that direction before you get air. You have hold the board and start moving after leaving the lip/ramp.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
    edited June 2010
    thats probably a good idea, i found it a bit too easy to pull them off in previous games. but now that i know how to do them, i probably will do them all the time again

Local H Jay on
  • JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Well my relationship with this game has been pretty well established. Just like Skate 2, I found a spot that is making me insane but I think can maybe be possible under the best circumstances. It's one hell of a step-up from one of the edges of that big run that goes from Midtown Promenade to Aletown. Probably should've just taken a picture of the spot, but just like Skate 2 I worked that spot until sheer frustration and then quit for the day. Now for the next few weeks I'll load it up, try and hit that spot over and over and do nothing else in-game.

Doubt it will beat out my Waterfront gap in sheer satisfaction when I get this one though. That thing took for-fucking-ever. Was kinda disappointed to not really see anything like that in this game. The big crazy gaps all seem to have fairly obvious ways to access them as far as what I've come across so far.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
    edited June 2010
    alright so, im putting out a call for ps3 players. i need the talkin bout team practice trophy. hit me up if you need it too and want to get some skating going.

Ah_Pook on
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, I need that one. Pretty much just pick a night and I'll try to make sure I'm on. I need a bunch of online stuff actually. Still need that one that's basically do any of the challenges in online mode. Tried to do that with an open slot for a few hours the other day but no one ever joined up.

Bolthorn on