Options

Blamimation: Episode 6

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I would like to know what Immanuel Kant would have had to do with Fron and Airhornsman.

both of which I loved, by the by.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I think I would have enjoyed that more if I had ever heard the actual leykis show (or however it's spelled).

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    THE TUMOR
    WAS INSIDE YOU ALL ALONG

Green on
  • Options
    puntopunto Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Is that Haley J. Hoover's vlogging music? Scott forgot to tell us why today is awesome <3

punto on
  • Options
    CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I don't get thrins, I don't get it. What is this?

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Campion wrote: »

twins.jpg

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    EntendreEntendre Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Get Sharpe remains awesome. Didn't really understand the radio station bit until I read through this thread, but I guess that's just me being ignorant. Or foreign.
    I'm ashamed that the sims reference made me laugh so much. I love Blorminationz.

Entendre on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I've never heard of Tom Leykis or whatever but overhearing tons and tons of Rush Limbaugh and Micheal Savage that my dad listens to gave me enough context to to get the joke.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The last caller, who was going on about wyverns and crazy shit, just floored me. Awesome.

addendum: Also,

SO
    PISSED
    OFF!
    ALWAYS

FCD on
    Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    CatnipCatCatnipCat Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    CatnipCat wrote: »
    Maybe if I'm the biggest hater I'd get a special cameo on the next Blamimation.

Kurtz.... you've done a good job so far.

...damn

If by good you mean horrible. The humor is predictable and boring so they add in the sounds of their giggling in between skits to convince you that they, at least, find it funny.

This just in, different people find different things humorous.

More at 11

CatnipCat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    what was the sims reference

I ain't a guy of the sims

Skull Man on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    THRINS

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Skull Man wrote: »
    what was the sims reference

I ain't a guy of the sims

The Kurtz++ bubble that Kris got when he made Kurtz laugh.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    oh

ha!

Skull Man on
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

twins.jpg

christ their legs seem unnaturally long in this picture

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Are they talking about these forums? Because I'm pretty sure we don't trash on stuff quite that bad.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Are they talking about these forums? Because I'm pretty sure we don't trash on stuff quite that bad.

So I guess you didn't read any of the Lookouts threads.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    No, I did. And I saw a couple people say dumb things. But for the most part I remember people saying "I didn't like this because...", even if they were missing the point.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Man I just think they were making a joke.

Langly on
  • Options
    LesconradsLesconrads Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I don't get them :(
    I'm sad, that those funny guys make stuff, I don't get AT ALL...

Lesconrads on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The Tom Leykis parody was amazing. I listened to his show for about a year before I wised up and realized just how much of a cockbag he was. But yeah, Kurtz caught his broadcasting style perfectly, I was on the floor.

"Blow me up, Tom" is a real thing he did at the end of his calls. The caller would be like "blow me up Tom" and Tom would say "sure buddy" and then play an explosion noise and move on to the next call. Then he moved on to other stuff like "Take me out with a bong hit, Tom" "Sure thing, buddy" *bubbly bong sound effect* or "Take me out Kobe style, Tom" "You got it" *sound effect of a bed creaking while a guy imitating Kobe Bryant whispers sweet nothings into some girl's ear*.

Just an all-around excellent parody. I can see where you'd find it boring and long if you've never heard him before, though.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, I'd never heard of it so that bit looked like a really bad radio host. That's all?

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    yeah this one fell flat to me

didn't get most of the references.

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited May 2010
    If you create something and someone makes a forum thread and there are 900 posts about how great it is and five posts saying how terrible it is you will come away from that thread saying that everyone on the forum thinks it's terrible.

Tube on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I just want to know what the hell 'it's actually better than I think it might be' means.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Willeth wrote: »
    I just want to know what the hell 'it's actually better than I think it might be' means.

I think it means you didn't get the joke.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Well, I'm currently interpreting it as something that they said to each other after the recording, realised how dumb it sounded, and left it in for us to laugh at. I just want to know what the hell Scott thought he was saying.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    SupraluminalSupraluminal Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Munkus' location quote re: the dissection of frogs and humor has never been more appropriate than in this thread.

Supraluminal on
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I liked the radio host bit even though I wasn't at all familiar with what they were making fun of

just throwing that out there

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Yeah I never heard of the guy but it was pretty damn funny nonetheless.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

twins.jpg
    I loved that movie but i still don't get it. what's it a mash up of? Three and twins? If so, why would that use three?

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Because its a sequel.

2 -> 3

Twins -> Thrins

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Willeth wrote: »
    Well, I'm currently interpreting it as something that they said to each other after the recording, realised how dumb it sounded, and left it in for us to laugh at. I just want to know what the hell Scott thought he was saying.

Don't worry, the DVD will be coming with 3D commentary featuring John Malkovich.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Twice : Twins :: Thrice : Thrins

Rock Lobster! on
    Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I liked the radio host bit even though I wasn't at all familiar with what they were making fun of

same here

tsplitter on
    FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    tsplitter wrote: »

same here

Yep. Like someone else said, I think just knowing enough similarly horrible radio hosts is enough to make that funny.

Also I didn't think it went on too long at all.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    Vargas PrimeVargas Prime King of Nothing Just a ShowRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Leykis is interchangeable with a lot of terrible radio hosts. The only thing extra you can take away from this episode if you've actually heard his show is the accuracy of the whole "blow me up, Tom!" bit.

Other than that, I don't really see how you can not "get" the segment, unless you've never, ever listened to any radio station for more than 10 minutes.

Vargas Prime on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I've never even heard of this guy before someone mentioned who they were referencing in the thread and I had no problem "getting" any of the jokes or references, aside from the name. Tons of radio hosts behave exactly like him, it's a fair bet Kurtz simply picked this one since he's familiar with the show, being from Texas.

Javen on
  • Options
    tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Leykis is interchangeable with a lot of terrible radio hosts. The only thing extra you can take away from this episode if you've actually heard his show is the accuracy of the whole "blow me up, Tom!" bit.

Other than that, I don't really see how you can not "get" the segment, unless you've never, ever listened to any radio station for more than 10 minutes.

where do they find the time for these shows in between all the commercials

tsplitter on
    FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    tsplitter wrote: »

where do they find the time for these shows in between all the commercials

Rush Limbaugh does like three fucking hour long podcasts a day

I know because if my dad is home you are going to be hearing them whether you like it or not.

Speed Racer on