As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Love, Loathe, LoL and Lulls

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Loathe: I respond to the desperate plea for a weekly tank on my Paladin. It's XT, so it shouldn't be hard and I have already tanked it. Still the (sole) healer bitches when he sees my health pool (33k or something with priest buff and kings).

Loathe x2: Someone destroys the heart, of course.

Love: The healer heals us through it. Sure, I used some CDs and Ardent Defender popped, but it was basically all him.

Grobian on
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Annoyed: Tanking as a druid in RFC/DM. Christ, I hate people now. No asshole, you're a warlock not a tank, stop running in first. No, your pet shouldn't have growl turned on. I dare complain, and I get kicked for "Acting like a dick." Fucking hell..

Rizzi on
  • Options
    drhazarddrhazard Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Rizzi wrote: »
    Annoyed: Tanking as a druid in RFC/DM. Christ, I hate people now. No asshole, you're a warlock not a tank, stop running in first. No, your pet shouldn't have growl turned on. I dare complain, and I get kicked for "Acting like a dick." Fucking hell..

On the flip side, I've been having to tank a lot on my warlock in randoms when people let the healer get beat on. It's kinda fun getting compliments on my tanking. :P

drhazard on
    SCB.jpg
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

My favorites so far are on my baby warrior are the hunters who open up on a mob while it's still running towards me (guys, you don't have Misdirect yet if you are still in classic dungeons), and paladins who work Hand of Reckoning into their DPS rotation.

Nobody on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Yeah. What makes it even better is the fact that the majority of these guys are in heirlooms. So they've got at least one level capped character. They should know better!
    *twitch*
    Oh, and caster capes and belts in my loot bag at the end of the instance. What a waste.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Love: My first 80. Diphthong the Death Knight. Had a great time getting him there too.

Loathe: Now that I'm 80, I'm not quite sure what to do with myself. Gear is decent, but not enough to get me into the tougher 5-man instances/Heroics via Dungeon Finder. I've been soloing most of the game and my friends are on erratically. So not a lot of guild support. Best option for me at the moment is to mine 'n sell to get my epic flying mount, keep questing, and queue for as DPS so I can learn some of these dungeons. But even that's not terribly great; the blue gear in those dungeons are at best side grades or only slightly better. And at only 2 emblems of triumph a day, it's going to be a while before I start getting some epics.

GoodKingJayIII on
    Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    If you have quest blues, you are definitely geared for any Heroic five-man instances that aren't Trial of the Champions or the ones that came with ICC, so you can get 2 frosts a day and roughly five to four triumphs every run.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    XArchangelXXArchangelX Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Yeah, I've got control issues when I'm tanking too. Some guy pissed me off in Uldaman always pulling the next group before I was ready and starting the events there at the end or letting their pet go after the runners. I had a hunter that would come stand next to me in melee range and then volley. I seriously wonder if there will ever come a time when I'm not doing 60% of the damage done for every run.

XArchangelX on
    Eve Online is a terrible game, but I used to play, for the lulz!
    Steam
    Only the strong can help the weak.
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    If you have quest blues, you are definitely geared for any Heroic five-man instances that aren't Trial of the Champions or the ones that came with ICC, so you can get 2 frosts a day and roughly five to four triumphs every run.

Yeah, I'm in either crafted or quest blues. Here's my armory page: Diphthong

I haven't enchanted/gemmed anything yet, because I figured it would get replaced quickly. But last night I tried to queue up for some heroics and the DF had me locked out. So I think I'll just have to bite that bullet so I can improve my gear.

GoodKingJayIII on
  • Options
    GnutsonGnutson Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

I haven't enchanted/gemmed anything yet, because I figured it would get replaced quickly. But last night I tried to queue up for some heroics and the DF had me locked out. So I think I'll just have to bite that bullet so I can improve my gear.

For specifics or randoms?

I dinged 80 on my hunter yesterday and was queing for randoms after training.

Gnutson on
    Erai - Operative <--Imperial Double Agent--> Sniper - Eari
    SW:Tor - Tao - Kryatt Dragon Server
  • Options
    MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    But last night I tried to queue up for some heroics and the DF had me locked out. So I think I'll just have to bite that bullet so I can improve my gear.
    Hmm... if you have 25 or even 15 badges you may want to snag a new sigil. That or get one from grizzly hills. Other than that a few cheap ilvl 200 epics from the AH and I would think you would be good to go.

Or maybe even better yet... queue up for normal ToC and try to chain that shit with some folks for 4+ slots of purples.

I'm not too keen on DKs, though. Just trying to get you up and running!

Monsty on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Oh yeah.

Love- Another 80 complete.. that's #5 now.

Made myself the 245 chest and bracers, respec'd my dual spec to Survival and jumped into heroics still rocking heirloom bow,shoulders and daggers.

Shoulders replaced with T9 after 3 heroics, another 3 or 4 and I'll have the gloves and my 2pce which I hear is pretty good.

Gnutson on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Gnutson wrote: »

Locked out of specifics (the higher level 80 normals, and the heroics). But I was under the impression you could not enter via the random option without unlocking the dungeons first.
    Montsy wrote:
    Hmm... if you have 25 or even 15 badges you may want to snag a new sigil. That or get one from grizzly hills. Other than that a few cheap ilvl 200 epics from the AH and I would think you would be good to go.

Or maybe even better yet... queue up for normal ToC and try to chain that shit with some folks for 4+ slots of purples.

No problem. Thanks for the advice. I'm going to throw some enchants on my gear and see if that makes the difference. I also have enough Emblems of Frost to grab my T9 shoulders, so that's probably a worthwhile investment as well.

GoodKingJayIII on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

I totally understand the mentality of wanting to wait to gem/enchant, but the best thing you can do is subdue that mentality and gem/enchant it with something. You don't need to go and put +10 stats on your chest, for instance, but +8 stats isn't really that expensive relatively. Likewise, you don't need to put purple gems in all your slots, but a green at least gives some benefit and may also add a slot bonus.

EDIT: Another thing you should consider doing is getting your Blacksmithing/Mining up. That'll help with sockets, and the stamina bonus is small but noticeable.

drhazard on
    SCB.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Locked out of specifics (the higher level 80 normals, and the heroics). But I was under the impression you could not enter via the random option without unlocking the dungeons first.

All it does is not put you into those dungeons as randoms. You can still queue for randoms you just won't get the higher level ones untill your gear improves, or in the case of Pit of Saron / Halls of Reflection untill you complete the quests.

Gnutson on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Longing: Well, now I've got a notion to get Kingslayer before Cataclysm. I can just wait to see if a pug ever makes it, or stress about guild raiding. Decisions!

drhazard on
    SCB.jpg
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Montsy wrote:

No problem. Thanks for the advice. I'm going to throw some enchants on my gear and see if that makes the difference. I also have enough Emblems of Frost to grab my T9 shoulders, so that's probably a worthwhile investment as well.

You may also want to reconsider your second weapon runeforge. You can put Nerubian Carapace on both weapons, and the defense you get from that goes a long way.

Nobody on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Aha, for some reason I thought the two enchants did not stock. I'll definitely do that as well.

GoodKingJayIII on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Happy: Level 20 on my druid. Tauren cat form is so awesome looking.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Love: happyday.png

Loathe: To get the squire mount I need to do more lame ass dailies.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Love: happyday.png

Loathe: To get the squire mount I need to do more lame ass dailies.

I love how that achievement is basically designed to give spam.

LockeCole on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I should have kept the quest in my log until more people logged on so I can spam the shit out of them.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Then invite them to your party and make sure they are near so it's triple spam

Gnutson on
  • Options
    formatformat Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Nobody wrote: »

My favorites so far are on my baby warrior are the hunters who open up on a mob while it's still running towards me (guys, you don't have Misdirect yet if you are still in classic dungeons), and paladins who work Hand of Reckoning into their DPS rotation.

DPS warriors who use mocking blow.

Don't worry if you get kicked as a tank, queue right up again after, they are the ones that have to wait 20 minutes.

format on
    You don't know if I am joking or not.
  • Options
    Thomase1984Thomase1984 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Love: Waited on doing ICC10 until I found a group doing hard modes and ended up pugging the first 6 bosses on heroic mode. It was enjoyable having to pay somewhat attention. Unfortunately all decent drops ended up being mail hunter/enhancement gear (my off off spec).

Lulls: Had a terrible holy priest in group who couldn't even run from malleable goo on fester/putricide. Ended up winning a bunch of sweet healing rings/weapons. Bleh.

Hope that I can eventually join up with an in-guild heroic mode group. I'm the new guy and while I am doing very well, everyone doing decently well usually has set groupings.

Thomase1984 on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Montsy wrote:
    (Amazing stuff)
    Whoa! Montsy?

Gentlemen's challenge!
    Fisticuffs at cockcrow
    Nary an acquaintance
    Nil quarter
    I guess I had better say it...

Final Destination

Monsty on
  • Options
    EWomEWom Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    format wrote: »

Don't worry if you get kicked as a tank, queue right up again after, they are the ones that have to wait 20 minutes.

No they don't , they are moved to the front of the queue. Although I was once kicked from a group while tanking for being a dick. I queued up right away, and got randomed... into that same group.

EWom on
    Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.
  • Options
    mturalonmturalon Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    EWom wrote: »
    format wrote: »

No they don't , they are moved to the front of the queue. Although I was once kicked from a group while tanking for being a dick. I queued up right away, and got randomed... into that same group.

I'm still surprised that there are people out there that think, by dropping a group, that the former group is penalized by some sort of debuff that prevents them from pugging in a replacement within seconds.

Also unless said person is a complete Dbag (healer/tank) that drops group mid pull, the remaining 4 people in the group will more than likely have forgotten you within 30 seconds of you dropping. If you dropped this way, they will have forgotten you immediately after they figure out how to put you on ignore.

mturalon on
  • Options
    SentretSentret Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    mturalon wrote: »
    ...unless said person is a complete Dbag (healer/tank) that drops group mid pull, the remaining 4 people in the group will more than likely have forgotten you within 30 seconds of you dropping.

And that's actually my big annoyance with the random dungeon system. No persistence of experience.

For example, I randomed yesterday and got BRD on my Warlock. We proceeded to clean pretty much the entire instance, from the entrance to killing the king. We had a fabulous time, laughing, joking, relating old fun times in Vanilla. We took a break at the bar to get smashed! It took around 2 hours, and reminded me of why I really enjoy the game.

And now, chances are I never see those people ever again. I can't put them on my friends list, I can't mock the other warlock regarding his poor choice of soulstone targets. Nothing.

Sentret on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    A friend of mine hates randoms, so I tried to convince him why he's thinking about them all wrong. We get into a random on our two DPS, my pally, his warrior, and we have this horrible DK who is fresh out of the starting zone. We both end up tanking a fair bit of Underbog because this DK wouldn't keep things off the healer.

After a few pulls of my friend getting mad about it, he realizes that he should start just laughing at the whole situation and doing crazy shit, cuz what the hell do we care, not like we're ruining the tank's perfect aggro strategy here.

drhazard on
    SCB.jpg
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hate: Work has been chaos for months and months and I haven't posted here. Hi folks!

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    mturalon wrote: »
    I'm still surprised that there are people out there that think, by dropping a group, that the former group is penalized by some sort of debuff that prevents them from pugging in a replacement within seconds.
    I've seen it take full queue time in the middle of the night(not weekend) when the battlegroup is actually tank-starved a couple of times. But yeah, it's pretty much always within a couple of minutes any other time.

Monsty on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Ishtaar wrote: »
    Hate: Work has been chaos for months and months and I haven't posted here. Hi folks!

The big question is...

Get your white polar bear yet?

Gnutson on
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

The big question is...

Holy crap, yes! Probably about 2 months ago so... 15 months of that daily. I'm now working on devising a way to 2 man Kael for Ashes of Alar. Both of us can dual box to deal with the MC at least, (so 2 man half assed dual box I guess technically) but I still foresee it being tricky tricky. It'll be fun to try in any case.

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    NeylaNeyla Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Welcome back Ishaar! You been missed in the Priesty forums!

Love(maybe): More work on HLK10 tonight. Hopefully get my Bane of the lich king title!

Loathe: Go figure, my shaman is up next to get either a new shield (morrowgar) or trinket (lootship) and they have yet to drop for me... god damn you randomness. I want to upgrade my heroic stuff already :(

Loathe: 15 more badges to go and I will have enough to buy 2pc T10 giving me 4pc T10 on my shammy.

Lull: Had some issues in ICC25 last night. Raid leader flustered about why people getting hit by goo on Putricide. He was talking to me about it afterwards. I mentioned making sure peeps DBM is up to date and they have their chat bubbles on. His reponse, "well we don't need to rely on that". Ok, then don't be surprised when people get goo'd on. /shurg

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

The big question is...

Holy crap, yes! Probably about 2 months ago so... 15 months of that daily. I'm now working on devising a way to 2 man Kael for Ashes of Alar. Both of us can dual box to deal with the MC at least, (so 2 man half assed dual box I guess technically) but I still foresee it being tricky tricky. It'll be fun to try in any case.

hurray!

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Love: Battered Hilt dropped! That 10-12k gold will actually fund epic flying for my main. I'm lazy.

Blurbl on
  • Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm surprised it's still going for that much on your server, been dropping like a stone lately. People are trying to keep it artificially high, but I saw 4 up last night on my server for about 7.4k each. They usually go for less.

Dranyth on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I'm hoping I can eventually snag one for less than 2k. Just to say I have one.

Beyond Normal on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I had forgotten about the new company that got the card game I had hoped they were not going to be stupid and print the loot card again but then I saw somone offering either gold or cash I am not sure which for some of the new items. I went to ebay and saw the horror of the new cards

Brainleech on
This discussion has been closed.