As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Love, Loathe, LoL and Lulls

• Options
    MetacortexMetacortex The Prettiest Zombie Coeur d'CoeursRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Naphtali wrote: »
    End wrote: »
    Might be able to do it that way, although I think it'd be harder. I don't think you really have optimal raid buffs, do you?

If we do some juggling on who goes DPS and who tanks from our current healer/tank pool possibly.

Oh well, at least that's the last cheeve

As far as I can tell we'd only be missing out on 2% of kings, 3% crit debuff, which I could do if I want to play "Let's see how high and how quickly I can stack Chilled to the Bone with these daggers" and I guess sanctified retribution.

Edit: and I suppose some spell power as we don't have elemental shaman or demo lock

Metacortex on
    4FNao2T.png
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Metacortex wrote: »
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Might be able to do it that way, although I think it'd be harder. I don't think you really have optimal raid buffs, do you?

If we do some juggling on who goes DPS and who tanks from our current healer/tank pool possibly.

Oh well, at least that's the last cheeve

As far as I can tell we'd only be missing out on 2% of kings, 3% crit debuff, which I could do if I want to play "Let's see how high and how quickly I can stack Chilled to the Bone with these daggers" and I guess sanctified retribution.

Edit: and I suppose some spell power as we don't have elemental shaman or demo lock

Ah well. I'm sure as long as everyone is careful we can do it the normal way.

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Biggest downside of normal method is you could miss when one person drops debuff late since it doesn't stack evenly across the entire raid.

I find this addon useful (at least, I think its the one I use).

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I think with the normal mode we could afford to wait for an 'all clear' from everyone, though, to make sure that no one is getting to the tomb late and having it die a second too early

Like the dps hits the tomb to almost but not quite dead and the last person getting behind it (probably the tanks since ranged doesn't have to worry about instability anymore) just say the word when it's okay to break the tomb, rinse and repeat

Javen on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Javen wrote: »
    I think with the normal mode we could afford to wait for an 'all clear' from everyone, though, to make sure that no one is getting to the tomb late and having it die a second too early

Like the dps hits the tomb to almost but not quite dead and the last person getting behind it (probably the tanks since ranged doesn't have to worry about instability anymore) just say the word when it's okay to break the tomb, rinse and repeat

only problem is the people who can't/don't talk over vent

Naphtali on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    For the most part, we mostly had to only pay attention to tank stacks, unless someone just straight up fucked up.

End on
  • Options
    BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Love: Got Kingslayer on my Priest!!

Loathe: Mother fucking Wintergrasp. So tired of only having one chance to do VoA every week.

Buddies on
  • Options
    WetsunWetsun Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Shadowmourne.

It's pretty neat.

Wetsun on
    XBL/Steam: Wetsun
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Buddies wrote: »

Loathe: Mother fucking Wintergrasp. So tired of only having one chance to do VoA every week.

Pretty sure most people have given up on it on Horde at this point. Everything I've heard indicates that Horde isn't that outnumbered, yet nobody ever queues for it.

Nobody on
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Nobody wrote: »

Pretty sure most people have given up on it on Horde at this point. Everything I've heard indicates that Horde isn't that outnumbered, yet nobody ever queues for it.

We had the same problem on my server, Argent Dawn, for the longest time. Then, a guy named Merrik decided that the Horde needed to win. He started organizing groups, pushing people to join the queues, explaining strats, and working at making Horde wins happen. He started his campaign a few weeks ago. Horde now takes the keep whenever we are on offense, and succeeds in holding the keep on defense four times out of five.

The allaince has been QQing in our realm forum ever since. It's wonderful :D

Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    adejaanadejaan Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Loathe: Not enough people showed up for our weekly ICC 25 last night and it was canceled. This is the first time I haven't done ICC 25 on Wednesday since March.

And last week we killed Putricide for the first time. You'd think people would keep showing up for that...

adejaan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Loathe: 42 kills of heroic Devourer of Souls, according to my statistics. Number of Needle-Encrusted Scorpions dropped (in memory)? 2. Number owned by me? Still a big, fat, zero. Is it time to just give up?

Dunxco on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Dunxco wrote: »
    Loathe: 42 kills of heroic Devourer of Souls, according to my statistics. Number of Needle-Encrusted Scorpions dropped (in memory)? 2. Number owned by me? Still a big, fat, zero. Is it time to just give up?

If you're a class that really benefits from armor pen then keep trucking. Try to bring friends who will roll need and then trade it to you later.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Do you not have friends willing to run it with you so you don't have to pug anyone at all?

Ranlin on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    It really depends on what you want with it.

If you're planning on raiding ICC you might consider just getting something else easier to get or more farmable like the banner from normal ToC and just plan on replacing it from ICC.

If you're not planning on raiding ICC then well...I really wouldn't bother at this point. That time could be used doing something more productive before Cataclysm like leveling an alt or working on achievements or something.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The Banner is more farmable in that instead of only being able to run it once a day and never seeing it drop, you can run it until your eyes bleed... and never see it drop.

Seriously, in the epic amounts of times I've farmed ToC across *all* my characters, I'm pretty sure I've seen it drop a single time.

Dranyth on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I have seen it drop far more often on my mage than any of my other characters

But then a happy and a hate it I got bored decided to do some old world content on my warrior it was annoying I need the keys for Scholo and Strat and could not use the Titanium keys but I blew through all of strat in less than 30 minutes for 5 righteous orbs!

Brainleech on
  • Options
    DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Well I currently got the banner and mark of supremacy - in fact I was intending to use the N.E.S. to replace my Banner of Victory. I do raid ICC/Ruby Sanctum as DPS rarely, it's my offspec (my mainspec is Blood tanking), and our raid group has horrendously bad luck with trinkets. To give you an example, with have one Spyglass amongst a team of 5-6 casters. Even the Whispering Fanged Skull is a rarity for us.

It's pretty sad because once I've got that for my DK, I've got to go and get it for my Combat Rogue too. I guess I'll slog on, but jeez when you look at 42 runs and no trinket it's a bit of a punch to the gut. I even have a Seethe to go along with my Broken Promise just for looks :P

Dunxco on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Love: Baby warrior hit 40, so now I get to wear some of that plate I've been saving up as well as ride around on the epic elekk.

Loathe: Good god, the armor models in classic. She's currently wearing the Tusken Helm (or whatever that mail helm is called from RFK), the plate chest from the spider boss in RFD, and Firemane leggings (the boe blue mail leggings). The only piece that actually looks like armor is the helm.

Loathe: Plate leg options are pretty slim for a while it looks like. The most likely upgrade is the Heavy Mithril legs which I haven't seen any of on the AH and I haven't seen the pattern drop.

Nobody on
  • Options
    NeylaNeyla Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Aaaaaarg!: so close to HM LK kill. 20% and 4 attempts left (we been holding the ID) before we called it quits. The fight so unforgiving it's both fun and a nightmare. We weren't doing anything wrong, it's just if one person trips, it ends up taking the whole raid with them.

Lol: One attempt our holy pally D/C'd during the first phase. Guess who got targetted for the shadow trap? So he goes boom and flying through the air, everyone is groaning on vent by this time when our druid healer starts laughing. The holy pally hit a pillar, thus saving him from going over the edge. He was able to get back on an continue before transition. What dumb luck!

Loathe: I think one attempt LK targetted a totem or something for defile. One kept growing even though no one was in it. Fail bot reported defile: (unknown) 45 :(

LOVE!: 4pc t10. Logged onto horde before alliance. We had WG. I wasted no time making groups (did both within 30 mins) got enough frosties for my teir set! yay!

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I had a strange issue in Deadmines. We wiped, a dps couldn't find his way back, so I want to res him, but his corpse is invisible to me. Everyone else can see it, but I can't. I tried reloading the UI and using a /target macro, but nothing worked. Has this happened to anyone else?

jackal on
  • Options
    drhazarddrhazard Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    LOL: Got into HPoS for my daily. Mount up, pass the first mobs, hit the trash. Normal routine. Things are... dying slowly. Pull up Skada, and the feral tank is in the lead--not horrible considering it's a big trash mob, but a notice. DK's just under him, doing around 2.2k, which is about all I want.

Mage is doing 1.5k--blargh. When I check him on armory later, I feel like he should be doing better but at least he's not all T9'd out and doing this.

Shaman is... doing 1.1k... and is she wielding a tank mace? She's wielding a tank mace. Ladies and gentleman, Dazzlinggal: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bladefist&cn=Dazzlinggal

We only got Ick down before server restarts. The tank wanted to skip all of the hill. Why do people still want puggies to skip the hill? It works one out of 30 times.

drhazard on
    SCB.jpg
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    jackal wrote: »
    I had a strange issue in Deadmines. We wiped, a dps couldn't find his way back, so I want to res him, but his corpse is invisible to me. Everyone else can see it, but I can't. I tried reloading the UI and using a /target macro, but nothing worked. Has this happened to anyone else?

Yes, happened to me a lot. I don't know what causes it, though.

Grobian on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    It happens if they release after you have. I'm guessing it creates a new object in the world which, since your client didn't "see" it, it doesn't "know" where to put it.

At least, that's my best educated guess after seeing this happen so many times.

Nobody on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    So Like I said, I got Kingslayer on my Priest Wednesday night. Very Satisfying and I have mucho respect for the people that have killed him at 5-15%. I came back to the game during the 15% and wasn't 80 till 20%. I got about 5 attempts on him at 25%, then 3 weeks later joined this group doing him. Got another 12 or so tries on him at 25% and then 4 attempts at 30% and we killed him. Still feels good man.

Another Love. Got to do LK on my Warrior. I'd say alt, but my warrior sees equal playtime if not more playtime than my priest. This time I'm doing it with all my RL Friends and I'm pretty excited about it. First attempt we got to second phase pretty easily, but then tunnel visioned and a priest got carried off. Then I started sucking hardcore on Off Tanking and we were having a hard time in the first transition. Hoping we get a lot of attempts in sunday or monday.

I have a question about Necrotic plague. Sometimes it will completely destroy the Shamblers, other times I will have 2 up when it's about to go into transition. How does it work on the mobs? Does it only jump to another target after it is dispelled or the target dies, having it stack on the same mob every 5 seconds? Or does it move to another target every 5 seconds?

My DPS can push him into transition shortly after the second shambler spawns thanks to the 30% buff, and sometimes that can be a problem because it is fresh and it's hectic trying to kill those and watching for Raging spirits at the same time. Then necrotic plague jumps to one of us in melee and bounces as we franticly dispell it, =\.

Buddies on
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    You should be keeping any remaining ghouls/shamblers away from everyone else out on the edge until the plague finishes them off, dps shouldn't need to touch them, they should be dealing with the orbs/raging spirits.

Ranlin on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Okay, I read up a little more on the necrotic plague.

I read that if a fresh one gets dispelled onto an old plague then the fresh one will replace the old one, making the damage go way down. Is this true?

Buddies on
  • Options
    ImthebOHGODBEESImthebOHGODBEES Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Okay, I read up a little more on the necrotic plague.

I read that if a fresh one gets dispelled onto an old plague then the fresh one will replace the old one, making the damage go way down. Is this true?

This would be false. I'm the trash tank when we do 10 man, and if you have a 14 stack old one ticking about half way through, and a 2 stack fresh one that gets jumped onto the mob, it now has a 16 stack with a fresh timer. So its TIMER replaces the old one, but the stacks just get added together.

ImthebOHGODBEES on
    Do you, in fact, have any builds in this shop at all?
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Being able to add the stacks is what makes Been Waiting A Long Time For This possible.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    GnutsonGnutson Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    LoL -

Doing Heroic PoS with my hunter and the BoE dagger drops, which although not optimal, is still an upgrade. I roll need, so does the druid tank while saying "Nice, that's worth some $ on the AH" and I say "Well I would actually equip it which is why I needed" "Oh well, guess you need to buy one lol"

Fast forward to Ick & Krick

Ick's rotting thumb drops, the Tank cheers.

I roll need while saying "Nice, that's worth some $ on the vendor"

I didn't win it, but I did get vote kicked :P

Gnutson on
    Erai - Operative <--Imperial Double Agent--> Sniper - Eari
    SW:Tor - Tao - Kryatt Dragon Server
  • Options
    Racist JokeRacist Joke Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Gnutson wrote: »
    LoL -

Doing Heroic PoS with my hunter and the BoE dagger drops, which although not optimal, is still an upgrade. I roll need, so does the druid tank while saying "Nice, that's worth some $ on the AH" and I say "Well I would actually equip it which is why I needed" "Oh well, guess you need to buy one lol"

Fuck if only you won that, that would have been so fucking nice.

Racist Joke on
    Steam
    Xbox Live: Kunohara
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Tell me about it, the one time I go out of my way to be a goose and I don't even suceed. :|

Gnutson on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    that's a pretty rockin sig, Gnut. Love it.

Naphtali on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Waiting for Forar to come back and use it and Hrape us. :p

Gnutson on
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Happy: Ding, 80 #9. (Tanky Warrior) She can't queue for heroics yet though, boo. I almost want to keep queueing for normals just to see how long it actually takes to get there, hrm.

Hope: I have horded enough ore along the way to level Engineering x2 (New Warrior + Horde DK) this weekend, that will be neat.

Hate: DPSing. But I want my crappy Rogue to have a matching set of something before Cata, so I want to take her through the lolwelfarebadgeepics chain. And bah, I need a Mage at 80.

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Love: Hit lv20 on my horde shaman in only 11 hours /played. Going to get my mount and water totem quests.

Loathe: The horde water totem quest. >:|

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Have fun running around!

End on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Have fun running around!

At least I have a shiny new mount to carry me around.

edit: Oooo, I also just got water shield. Neat!

Beyond Normal on
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Loathe: The horde water totem quest. >:|
    I love that the guide for that chain still directs you to suicide in the ocean and spirit rez in Crossroads

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    NeylaNeyla Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Gnutson wrote: »
    LoL -

That deserves :^: :^: even though the dice gods were against you.

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
This discussion has been closed.