As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[DIABLO II] Not even death can save you from me!

• themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm not really a trader but jsp has a huge advantage = currency and a disadvantage = assholes.

themightypuck on
    “Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
    edited July 2010
    lordswing wrote: »
    dinoarus wrote: »
    so flip, i just got an offer of 1500 on that crown i found.
    pretty good, dontcha think?

Wow, PvP is so [strike]retar[/strike] profitable. What did I put the price on it at? Something stupid like 20 fg?

e: I think I said it was good, but not sellable. I r smarts

Is that lld gear?

themightypuck on
    ― Marcus Aurelius

• dinoarusdinoarus Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    this crown:
    crownh.jpg

and i dont think its lld

dinoarus on
    Steam/XBL: OGSTudbone
    edited July 2010
    Man visionary mod is hot hot hot.

themightypuck on
    ― Marcus Aurelius

• lordswinglordswing Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Mahnmut wrote: »
    So this jsp is a good place to trade? I've been hanging around on the incgamers forums, but this currency system sounds way handy.

The currency is great since you can use it for other games (like WoW and Neopets off the top of my head) and you can use it between ladder seasons, but it's kind of hard to make any kind of fg easily right now. There's a lot of botters there, so popular uniques like magefists, vipermagi, arachnids won't net you more than a fg or 2, and you have to find the buyers as well.

Craft packs (caster amulets and blood rings are popular) and unid charm packs "might" be worth it, but be prepared to be lowballed.

I rarely sell anything now, most of the stuff I bother to sell are lld pvp stuff.

lordswing on
    D2:LoD East -> *FlipPaulHewitt
  • stfuadstfuad Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    dinoarus wrote: »
    this crown:
    crownh.jpg

and i dont think its lld

wait... 1500 fg? I don't see why it's so good... ?

stfuad on
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    High defense 2os visionary 10%fhr +life helms apparently go for a lot, but I thought only the eth/auto-repair or exceptionally high +life/defense ones went for four digits... buyer in a hurry, maybe.

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I think AR is a lot more important in PvP. My Conviction Zealot can hardly hit people. :P

In the other news, I respecced my barbarian to Whirlwind and got him up to 76 and put him in IK stuff. He's like three times stronger than my Zealot, has around 150% MF, can travel through blocked doorways and over ledges, and doesn't even lose much in party-friendliness (buffs!). He also cost like 1/3 as much. o.o

The downside, I suppose, is that he's way way more vulnerable to mana burn.

Mahnmut on
    Steam/LoL: Jericho89
    edited July 2010
    Started another lvl 1 if anyone is interested in killing Fallen and Zeds

stfuad on
  • MarsMars Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So, I think I'm going to actually try to really level a character online now. Probably a barb, since they're simple and smashy-oriented.

I gotta say though, what little online I've done is really disorienting. People just tear through the start at a mile a minute, by the time they got to Andariel the people I'd started with were somehow like 3 levels ahead of me and using rares while I'm still plucking away at her minions with my crappy sword i got off something in the cold plains.

Mars on
    edited July 2010
    Most players are pretty jaded and looking for a fast path. I always start out having fun playing the entire game--including act 3. By the third character though, I tend to go for the easy route.

themightypuck on
    ― Marcus Aurelius

edited July 2010
    I was planning on doing a grush, once I leveled my guy up, but then! I rememered I still have my classic sorc. time to try to do a crush and not get past some act in hell because everything is immune to cold. Anyone want to make a hammerdin or a whirlwind barb in classic and we can do awesome crushes together?

stfuad on
    edited July 2010
    I mean, I get why people go that fast, the game's been around a long time, and they know the ins and outs far better than me, but I just can't figure out how in the hell they suddenly got geared up so fast. I blinked and I was completely outmatched.

Fortunately, I was playing a paladin, so I just said screw it and dumped all my extra talent points into Might so I could actually contribute some way.

Mars on
    edited July 2010
    Mars wrote: »
    I mean, I get why people go that fast, the game's been around a long time, and they know the ins and outs far better than me, but I just can't figure out how in the hell they suddenly got geared up so fast. I blinked and I was completely outmatched.

Fortunately, I was playing a paladin, so I just said screw it and dumped all my extra talent points into Might so I could actually contribute some way.

If you're just starting out, using gear you find along the way, that's the reason why. The people you played with? Odds are they've been at the game for a while now, and are "twinked" meaning they're using items found from previous games. Sigon's set is cheap and very effective at lower levels.

I wouldn't worry about it really, just run slightly behind them and leech xp. Yoinking items might be a bad idea, but most twinked players won't mind leechers. You had the right idea of using might, depending on the group you're with, other auras can be highly beneficial as well.

Prayer - works well enough at low levels, and useful if there's already Might/Holy Freeze mercs
    Might - useful, but once you get to a2 nightmare, people will start hiring these mercs
    Holy Freeze - same as above, casters will hire them at a2 nightmare. Necros won't approve, since it tends to shatter bodies that can be used for raising skeletons and corpse explosion
    Vigor - useful for getting around
    Fanat - always useful while levelling, melee characters will appreciate it
    Conviction - casters will love you for this

lordswing on
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, I guess they could have had some gear on their characters before joining the game, so they'd be decked out as soon as they met the reqs. I guess that means if I go with a barb I should focus on shouts early, since my smashiness will be relatively weak.

Mars on
    edited July 2010
    Mars wrote: »
    Yeah, I guess they could have had some gear on their characters before joining the game, so they'd be decked out as soon as they met the reqs. I guess that means if I go with a barb I should focus on shouts early, since my smashiness will be relatively weak.

Yeah, just put points into battle orders and you'll be set. Barbs aren't really counted upon to do much really, :P Just give shouts and hork away

lordswing on
    edited July 2010
    For the most part, normal is so easy that you don't really suffer too much from lack of twinkage. My last character did suffer a bit against LE monsters but part of that had to do with not giving much of a fuck about gear. That said, it is fun to have awesome low level gear. I'm still mad that I lost my Khalim's Will.

themightypuck on
    ― Marcus Aurelius

edited July 2010
    I just found a General's Tan Do Li Ga flail, which I think means I have to level a Sorceress without rushing or planning on a respec. ;)

Mahnmut on
    edited July 2010
    So, my newborn barb is 14 now and killed Andy. As I expected, he's pretty weak comparatively(though Shout makes up for it). I figure I'll solo run Countess and Andy a few times to get some runes and gear, or at the very least gambling money.

Mars on
    edited July 2010
    10/19/6 unique small charm in stfuad-11///q

stfuad on
    edited July 2010
    So what'll it take for someone to play classic with me? I can't bring my self to actually play LoD anymore. Mouth to penis relationships? Come on, Classic is 100x harder, No runewords, no mercs past the acts they're obtained in, no elite weapons, no charms etc...

Who needs a sorceress that can do 40k lightning damage, when you can have one that does 5k at best!

Actually having to find sweet rares cause no one plays classic and it's extremely hard to bot.

You have to play as a team, as compared to LoD where everyone can teleport and does huge damage.

I'll even give someone my darkglow ring mail.. maybe

stfuad on
  • ReadinRainbo1727ReadinRainbo1727 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Why does everyone hate druids in XL? I made a tree-ent one or w/e and he's beasting it. H'es only level 13, and chars like my zon have better damage, but he is such a tank!

ReadinRainbo1727 on
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    have fun spending literally millions on weapon repairs since you attack like 8 times per second

Beasteh on
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    wasn't classic about finding the phattest rare lance and then clearing the chaos sanc trying to avoid iron maiden?

Jars on
    edited July 2010
    I'll say this, the classic team bots have impressed me the most so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXs8DqN9F0A

lordswing on
  • ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    People should play hardcore with me. Who cares if you do 40k light damage? One lag spike and you're necked.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
    edited July 2010
    Chen wrote: »
    People should play hardcore with me. Who cares if you do 40k light damage? One lag spike and you're necked.

I have to admit that I don't understand the appeal. I like my hardcore in turn-based games with far fewer hours/game (like Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup!), sure. And sometime I might want to play HC D2 locally just for a change. But online, with b.net as godawful as it is? Ehhhhhh...

Hey, can MedianXL do multiplayer? With Hamachi maybe?

Mahnmut on
    edited July 2010
    stfuad wrote: »
    So what'll it take for someone to play classic with me? I can't bring my self to actually play LoD anymore. Mouth to penis relationships? Come on, Classic is 100x harder, No runewords, no mercs past the acts they're obtained in, no elite weapons, no charms etc...

Who needs a sorceress that can do 40k lightning damage, when you can have one that does 5k at best!

Actually having to find sweet rares cause no one plays classic and it's extremely hard to bot.

You have to play as a team, as compared to LoD where everyone can teleport and does huge damage.

I'll even give someone my darkglow ring mail.. maybe

I would totally play. If I were playing at all, that is...

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
    edited July 2010

I have to admit that I don't understand the appeal. I like my hardcore in turn-based games with far fewer hours/game (like Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup!), sure. And sometime I might want to play HC D2 locally just for a change. But online, with b.net as godawful as it is? Ehhhhhh...

Yeah, you can Hamachi with MedianXL. There are even MedianXL servers running software duplicating battle.net functionality.

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    ronya wrote: »

Yeah, you can Hamachi with MedianXL. There are even MedianXL servers running software duplicating battle.net functionality.

I believe you can also play MedianXL over open battle.net.

Vi Monks on
  • SvenSven Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Iv played B.net using the method at D2maniacs. and it works well

Sven on
    steam_sig.png
    edited July 2010
    Well, I'm up for either Classic or XL whenever. :whistle:

Mahnmut on
    edited July 2010
    Rolled a 12/1 Faith in the GMB that OG gave me. Finally found another Eld, rerolled into 15/2 of course, I wish all rolls in Diablo were like that.

Now to figure out the fancy toys I want to play with. Can't believe WF is better than Faith with Might+Pride

lordswing on
    edited July 2010
    I installed Median XL. I like how Act 1 may actually be harder than late LOD hell. <3 Trap Rat form is hilarious; what other characters do people like?

Mahnmut on
  • ReadinRainbo1727ReadinRainbo1727 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I installed Median XL. I like how Act 1 may actually be harder than late LOD hell. <3 Trap Rat form is hilarious; what other characters do people like?

Spear amazon. There's this attack that like insta kills an enemy. I also love necro, angel of death kills stuff well also.
    I havn't made an amazon yet, but the only character I hate is sorceress.

ReadinRainbo1727 on
  • Laser WolfLaser Wolf Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Long time lurker here, and I just started playing HC on East again...currently a level 31 Fishymancer named JoeDirtII. Look him up if you wanna do Baal runs in the near future.

Now, the other reason why I'm posting...I found an Eburine Jewel of Carnage, +10 defense/+15 max damage/lvl 18 req. From what I recall from the last time I was playing, a jewel like this would be pretty valuable for lld/pkers. Am I still correct?

Laser Wolf on
    476470-1.png
    edited July 2010
    What's your account name, Laser Wolf.

+15 max is good, +10 defense not so much. No idea about the precise trade value though.

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
    edited July 2010
    Why is SP so limited, anyhow? It's not as though the game needs special Blizzard servers to produce new maps or form runewords.

Worse, if I want to run utilities that fix it... I have to boot over into Windows. Mac gaming. :(

edit: but at least hosting a tc/ip game generates new maps!

Mahnmut on
    edited July 2010
    You can change maps by changing difficulty, a lot of players reroll maps until they get a good Durance or WSK though.

Just a reminder, planning on a tournament Wednesday at...9 pm EST.

Winner gets a Ber, I'll figure out consolation prizes later.

lordswing on
    edited July 2010
    So my Barb now has a bunch of runewords and Concentrate, so he's rapidly becoming an untouchable buffing machine. His damage is pretty respectable too.

I can stack multiple buffs, right? So I could keep the defense bonus from Shout and the health/mana bonus from Battle Orders up at the same time?

Mars on