As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

There are many Fantasies; but this, like the last, was Final [FFXI]

• Options
    casper_27dcasper_27d The Friendly Ghost EverywhereRegistered User regular
    I will be playing this game again come the end of the month, is there any incentives people get by recruiting a new player (I know 5-6 years ago when I played they had something just can not remember what)

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    So I plan on getting in to this later today and just wanted to know what server most PAers are on.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    There are pretty much two of us at the moment, and we are on Carbuncle.

• Options
    ff7007ff7007 Pittsburgh, PARegistered User regular
    Carbuncle, wooooo

PSN: Rauhy FFRK: 9YYP Steam: Rauhy Battle.net: Rauhy#1977
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular

That hasn't been updated in 4 or 5 years. The program could still be active; but things like the Beret functions are redundant with Level Sync. You might still be able to choose item rewards at set dates through from the list
    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Vana'diel_Adventurer_Recruitment_Program/rewards

And yeah, Carbuncle.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    edited March 2013
    The sprout and guide berret are outmoded, yes. The sun and moon berret are still good gear.

Edit: if you want a gold world pass, one of us has to get for you BEFORE you make your character.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    Orange you glad that ff7007 will get you a gold world pass if you want one?

• Options
    Well made a Hume Warrior on Carbuncle named Bershaw. It has been a long time since I last played, so much to re-learn. :P

• Options
    wow they had that program going when I played last and was not sure if it would still be active. Well on the 27th I will be back and playing and I am looking forward to playing this game again. WOW just did me in for a while.

• Options
    casper_27d wrote: »
    wow they had that program going when I played last and was not sure if it would still be active. Well on the 27th I will be back and playing and I am looking forward to playing this game again. WOW just did me in for a while.

The gold world pass is good for 7 days, so I'll pick one up on the 26th and PM you the number. If plans change please let me know so I don't send you a dead number!

• Options
    I am finding that my biggest bottleneck right now is unloading all the stuff I am looting on the auction house. Sell faster, stuff!

• Options
    The 26th is in stone as long as amazon download works for my preorder of the new expansion with all previous ones ($39.99). Saw this as a sign to reup and play again

• Options
    Yay, level 6 and it didn't take me days. Times sure have changed. :P

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    So, what do we know about Geomancer and Mystic Knight? Last I heard, Geo had some ground AoE buffs and MK could... do something tanky...?

• Options
    The official site has some semi decent info on the new jobs
    http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/adoulin/index.html

Geomancer sounds like an interesting job. Lots of mass buffing/debuffing like Bard/Corsair but more offensive.

Rune Fencers; 2h Sword tanks that focus on magic damage prevention/mitigation, they can put up abilities that, say, strengthen their defense against fire, while causing them to do ice damage; they can 'release' the runes to lower enemy defenses against elements.

Interesting that even with the plethora of jobs already in the game, these two seem to be pretty unique and not rehashes of other jobs. The FFXI folks have somehow managed to have, how many jobs? 20? Now 22? and have them all feel 'their own'; but some games these days can't even manage to have half a dozen jobs that don't feel somewhat similar to each other.

• Options
    I am downloading now, didnt seethat the only download I was waiting on in the new stuff, so I will be creating an account tonight or tomorrow morning

• Options
    Gold Pass sent!

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Well I'm lvl 14 now. It certainly feels easier to solo then it did years ago. I've also figured out what the local crafters are buying and have been supplying that need. Very nice to have a nice steady income.

Not sure when I should start working on a second job to Sub with my Warrior.

All in all though it has been a pleasant experience, though PlayOnline is still a crime against humanity.

Axen on
  • Options
    Get all six starting jobs to 10 right away. It doesn't take a lot of time, gives you small taste of what they do, and you will be set once you get your support job.

• Options
    Are the PAers scattered to the wind or do we have a Linkshell?

• Options
    wow, so account management and navigation is still a mini game with FF XI I see. Also, where/when do I use the gold pass? Still installing FF XI updates but finally conquered Square Enix and Playonline creation after taking 30 min to figure out I needed to buy a character slot.

• Options
    edited March 2013
    You use the world pass during character creation. Somewhere around the spot where it asks you what world you want to play in.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    I found a really easy way to do 1-10 (in Bastok at least) was to go into the mines and beat up bats and crabs. Takes relatively little time, generally little competition, and there's a non-zero chance that you'll get stupidly high level loot from a chest.

• Options
    Make sure you're doing grounds pages when you do that; but yeah those mines are a good place to do any early job leveling because you can get the (granted much higher level, 77 or so?) ring that grants a higher skill up rate that you'll want later.

• Options
    Well then, to the mines I go to work on WHM. :)

• Options
    edited March 2013
    If you are looking for a linkshell, get with me in game and I will make sure you get the one I am using most. Character name is Bri

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    so how do I clean this up and make it more clear and better resolution, mine looks nothing like people videos I have seen.

never mind, just found the other config menu under the start folder. Now it looks much better.

casper_27d on
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    It seems they changed the how and when you can get a support job from when last I played. In an odd move they made it harder. :( Not like super hard or anything, but before all you needed to get a sub-job was a main job at level 10. Now it seems you need to be 18 and complete a quest. Well, I guess I know what I'll be doing tonight.

Axen on
  • Options
    Nah, it's always been 18 and the quest. It's not really that hard, someone should be able to help you get the skull at least, that's usually the tough part.

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Are you sure? Last time I played was at release so it has been awhile, but I swear I was subjob-ing it up at lvl 10. I know I never got to 18 since it took ages just to get to freaking 12 back then, but I remember mixing and matching my Main/Subs.

edit- Then again the entire experience was just, just horrifying so I may have blocked it from my mind. :P

Axen on
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    It has always been 18 and one of two quests.

Once you do one of the two quests though any job can have a support job, so yes it is possible to have a support job at level 10. Just not until you get something to 18. :P

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    Nope. 100% it has always been 18. Same quest since launch too. Nothing has changed.

• Options
    What is the current recommended tank? I think I was war/mnk years ago but just can not remember

• Options
    Depends on what you are facing. Paladin does well on some things and ninja does well on other things.

• Options
    Random thing I learned: Pixies will cast cure on you, this I already knew, what I didn't know is that they will cast Raise on you too! :)

• Options
    Yes, don't ever attack them!

• Options
    Very productive day yesterday: did the limit break to hit 65 AND 70! Now to actually go gain all those levels and then fight Maat...

• Options
    I have about 10 or 12 testimonies sitting in storage for different jobs. I'll fight Maat one day.

• Options
    Today I fight to lvl 18 and hopefully earn a subjob. Though the dunes are not a place for me I think.