Options

Canadian Mounties vs. [Chat] Invaders

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    <3 nocturne

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So It Goes wrote: »
    I have not been paying attention to this whole Korea thing.

A warship from Good Korea was sunk in March, killing 47.

Bad Korea is implicated due to evidence that includes a torpedo, investigation supported by international parties including US

Good Korea cuts most of their trade with Bad Korea. (Good Korea and China hold 80% of Bad Korea's trade economy)

Stern words from the US and Good Korea, total non-commitment from China.

Man China! Get with the program!

I wouldn't expect China to do anything that doesn't support their bottom line. Actually, I wouldn't expect that of any country.

TL DR on
  • Options
    CorbiusCorbius Shepard Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The first [chat] will hear of any NK attack is me bitching about it in [chat]

"God, they couldn't wait until after September 3rd could they? Fuckers cost me 8000 dollars!"

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
    PSN: Corbius
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Well, China is technically allied with Bad Korea...

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    man this fucking rats in the walls are getting on my nerves

about to just eat everyone in the house y'know?

hopefully the landlord sends an exterminator over before that happens

Arch on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Inqi, you and me we are brothers.

I hope VH and I make it out to CO sometime the summer.

Wanna kick it with you so bad.

It be awesome, there be brews, hiking and maybe baseball if you guys were up for that thing. Oh and Kakos, because if you are here there must be Kakos.

:(

Sorry PP you can come. I always forget you are here, mostly because you aren't like Kakos who pokes me at weird hours wanting to go out even though I live like an hour from Boulder.

Inqi:We can play and watch. Coors is like one of the best ballparks in the country and there are always cheap rock pile seats if worse comes to worse.(Like $5 seats in center field but hey game time!)

Hey Colorado peeps

I'm gonna be a bit West of you in the Silverthorne/Frisco/Vail area from July 18-24. I'm going with my family and not driving myself because I can't pass up a free vacation to Colorado while I'm still living in the same town as the rest of my family.

But if you folks would be down, I might see what can be done to kick it with you homps for a night or something. Dunno what kind alternate transportation is available in the area, but I'd take a bus or something to meet up if that's possible.

Basically I'm craving some Kakos rape. And PPuppies snuggles. And Mazzyx... well, you know that thing you do :winky:

Damn Silverthorne/Frisco/Vail are pretty far in the mountains from most of us. Buses, what be those? This be the West, we ain't got no public transportation. If we can figure something out though that would be awesome.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I have not been paying attention to this whole Korea thing.

A warship from Good Korea was sunk in March, killing 47.

Bad Korea is implicated due to evidence that includes a torpedo, investigation supported by international parties including US

Good Korea cuts most of their trade with Bad Korea. (Good Korea and China hold 80% of Bad Korea's trade economy)

Stern words from the US and Good Korea, total non-commitment from China.

Man China! Get with the program!

I wouldn't expect China to do anything that doesn't support their bottom line. Actually, I wouldn't expect that of any country.
    I don't think a war would really be good for their bottom line, but I don't know much.

So It Goes on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Arch wrote: »

The hippy wants rats to be killed?

Bravo, man.

Maybe you do have some testicles.

Ludious on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Man I didn't even get a single thumbs up or chuckle to my 30 second image edit that I thought was a kind funny pun earlier.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    wazilla wrote: »
    Well, China is technically allied with Bad Korea...

China needs to sever this alliance. Bad Korea is making them look bad.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2010
    ludious any general advice you could offer

should i frame my résumé any differently from regular ol work that i've been doing (retail and grunt office stuff, mostly)

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Ludious wrote: »

The hippy wants rats to be killed?

Bravo, man.

Maybe you do have some testicles.

its either them, or i eat my family

Arch on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010

Balance a paper towel roll on the edge of a table over a trash can with a bit of bait in the far end. Rat goes in for the food, falls in can, can be disposed of as you see fit.

TL DR on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    China's bottom line relies far more with SK than NK. I expect they simply don't want to deal with critisizing another "communist" regime

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Organichu wrote: »

should i frame my résumé any differently from regular ol work that i've been doing (retail and grunt office stuff, mostly)

Just make it look professional. A lot of times though government jobs want your name address and SSN to be in the header of your resume on every page though (but your resume should really be 1 page..2 max)

Ludious on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Damn Silverthorne/Frisco/Vail are pretty far in the mountains from most of us. Buses, what be those? This be the West, we ain't got no public transportation. If we can figure something out though that would be awesome.

Well I thought that most of you were around Denver/Boulder, which is only a couple hours by car.

And yeah, I wasn't aware if there was any form of public transport, like a Greyhound or anything.

But I was just throwing the info out there in case something like that was possible.

I wouldn't mind driving myself, but that means I would also have to drive my car for the initial 10-11 hour drive down there from where I am in Kansas.

And I mean, I like you guys and all, but I don't know if I like you enough to drive 11 hours when I can instead nap and play my PSP while someone else drives :P

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Just make it look professional. A lot of times though government jobs want your name address and SSN to be in the header of your resume on every page though (but your resume should really be 1 page..2 max)

ok thanks

so a 'modern' or 'contemporary' design probably isn't good

is there an 'accepted' font?

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    well tim if they actually come THROUGH the walls my cat will destroy them

but its the...scritch...scritch...scritch that is slowly driving me insane

Arch on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Real-life King of The Hill

who's gettin' cast

all I know is, Neil Patrick Harris has to be Dale Gribble

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    comic sans Chu....22pt.

No. Either Times or Arial. The government is boring.

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

ok thanks

Garamond is a good one.

So It Goes on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

ok thanks

Every resume is going to be Times New Roman, 12pt, 1.5 spacing. If you want to look artsy, throw in a column layout and a sans font.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

who's gettin' cast

Haha oh man.

Larry the Cable guy will get into that movie somehow and it will be terrible.

So It Goes on
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2010

Well I thought that most of you were around Denver/Boulder, which is only a couple hours by car.

And yeah, I wasn't aware if there was any form of public transport, like a Greyhound or anything.

But I was just throwing the info out there in case something like that was possible.

I wouldn't mind driving myself, but that means I would also have to drive my car for the initial 10-11 hour drive down there from where I am in Kansas.

And I mean, I like you guys and all, but I don't know if I like you enough to drive 11 hours when I can instead nap and play my PSP while someone else drives :P

We are. It's only a couple hours from all of us. Honestly, I'd be up for planning a meetup in one of those three towns when you are there.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Billy Bob Thornton as Hank Hill of course.

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

who's gettin' cast

Haha oh man.

Larry the Cable guy will get into that movie somehow and it will be terrible.

it does not exist, so NO! Larry the Cable Guy will NOT be in it.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I've had good luck with keeping things to one page and dropping references entirely.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Billy Bob Thornton as Hank Hill of course.

What? No way, he's all wrong lookin'

NPH not only could look like Dale Gribble but sound and act like him, too

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    wingdings

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Man I bet I've forgotten how to play SC2.

So It Goes on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

I understand, driving through Kansas is its own type of special hell. I have done it.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Andy McDowell as Boomhauer.

Ludious on
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I've had good luck with keeping things to one page and dropping references entirely.
    I WILL SUCK YO DICK

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Andy McDowell as Boomhauer.

hahaha

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I am with Kakos, I am down for a planned trip up there. Kakos we need to plan a day for you, me and pp to meet up in Boulder. Its like an hour from where I live but the drive is brain dead easy.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    i was always told to put a line at the bottom of my résumé

like,

"references furnished upon request"

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I'm saying the man himself, Mike Judge, should be Hank Hill. The only man who could truly do justice to the character

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I am with Kakos, I am down for a planned trip up there. Kakos we need to plan a day for you, me and pp to meet up in Boulder. Its like an hour from where I live but the drive is brain dead easy.

you're going to want to bring condoms

Organichu on
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    patton oswalt can be hank
    or sean astin

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    i was always told to put a line at the bottom of my résumé

like,

"references furnished upon request"

I have been told lately that they just assume that.

Captain Carrot on
This discussion has been closed.