Options

Canadian Mounties vs. [Chat] Invaders

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    i was always told to put a line at the bottom of my résumé

like,

"references furnished upon request"

I was always told that it was silly to even write that because it's implied if they are interested.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Damn Silverthorne/Frisco/Vail are pretty far in the mountains from most of us. Buses, what be those? This be the West, we ain't got no public transportation. If we can figure something out though that would be awesome.

Well I thought that most of you were around Denver/Boulder, which is only a couple hours by car.

And yeah, I wasn't aware if there was any form of public transport, like a Greyhound or anything.

But I was just throwing the info out there in case something like that was possible.

I wouldn't mind driving myself, but that means I would also have to drive my car for the initial 10-11 hour drive down there from where I am in Kansas.

And I mean, I like you guys and all, but I don't know if I like you enough to drive 11 hours when I can instead nap and play my PSP while someone else drives :P

We are. It's only a couple hours from all of us. Honestly, I'd be up for planning a meetup in one of those three towns when you are there.

Oh snap! Yeah that would be cool, but umm I don't want to put the burden on you to drive a couple of hours to where I am. Also I'm 99% sure we're actually staying at a place in Frisco, and just traveling to the other touristy cities in the area.

But I mean if you don't mind I'm down for whatever. However I just took a look at Greyhound's website, and they apparently run between Frisco and Denver, so I'd definitely be down for doing that to meet up with you all.

I mean I've been to Frisco a lot, never been to Denver, just driven through, and I imagine there'd be some cool places to go there.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    le bored is el nexus

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I understand, driving through Kansas is its own type of special hell. I have done it.

Western Kansas specifically. After staring at miles and miles of nothing, your mind starts to break down. You ask yourself "Have I gone too far? What did I do to end up in this hellscape? I... I don't think man was supposed to tread here. Oh god I hope we can make it back."

Nocturne on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    This new Black Keys is some next level shit, I'm telling you.

Anyone else ever hear a song and start planning its music video out in your head? Only happens with good music, not so coincidentally.

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I am watching old Venture brothers waiting for Chuck to tape a bit more so I can fast forward through the commercials.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited May 2010
    frankie brought home a couple of fancy grass-fed rib eyes, a bunch of asparagus, some potatoes, some lilies and a bottle of wine. I whipped up some cocktails and a cajun béchamel, we cooked everything else, and had a lovely dinner.

i have a pretty good ladyfriend guys

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited May 2010

Anyone else ever hear a song and start planning its music video out in your head? Only happens with good music, not so coincidentally.

i want to be there when you and podly first hang out together

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    frankie brought home a couple of fancy grass-fed rib eyes, a bunch of asparagus, some potatoes, some lilies and a bottle of wine. I whipped up some cocktails and a cajun béchamel, we cooked everything else, and had a lovely dinner.

i am glad you had a good evening, william

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    le bored is el nexus

let's do sc2!

if can get this friend thing to work

what is your bnet email address?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Seeing people I like in flourishing relationships is fucking stupid.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Driving in west Kansas, I'd be tempted to hold the pedal to the floor constantly until I was no longer in west Kansas.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Me too!

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So, it seems Orpheus's master who lives in his daughters closet is also voiced by the same guy who voices Archer. Great fun.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010

i am glad you had a good evening, william

yes it was nice!

i am not unhappy with my life. i mean i guess every life has tradeoffs and all of that, but i'm pretty happy where i am.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010

833605429-nuke.jpg

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Driving in west Kansas, I'd be tempted to hold the pedal to the floor constantly until I was no longer in west Kansas.

then you're in eastern colorado which is arguably worse

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    most listed jobs here are for the army

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

i can see your joy for your friends' happiness!

it's inspiring to the rest of us, zombiemambo!

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

I did that once in high school for a blind guardian song.... I still remember most of it....

though, I guess that ruins the whole 'only happens with good bands' thing.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    So, it seems Orpheus's master who lives in his daughters closet is also voiced by the same guy who voices Archer. Great fun.

H. Jon Benjamin! He's in Home Movies also. Everything he is in is great.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I feel like cookin' some real food tonight. What should I make?

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

i can see your joy for your friends' happiness!

it's inspiring to the rest of us, zombiemambo!

I am not in a position to inspire anyone and I don't particularly care if anyone is looking to me for it, they won't get it

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010

man chu the only way you could be in a worse circumstance to find a job was if you were like 60 years old and living in detroit.

you need to get out of philly, buddy. you're too smart and talented to let yourself set into the kind of squalor and torpor you're facing right now.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010

then you're in eastern colorado which is arguably worse

Or south Nebraska or the handle of Oklahoma!!

D:D:

I would call the army and request combat extraction.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

rib eye, asparagus, truffled mashed potatoes and a bechamel sauce with a nice cabernet

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010

rib eye, asparagus, truffled mashed potatoes and a bechamel sauce with a nice cabernet

I think yes on the ribeye and asparagus.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I'm gonna end up with leftover asparagus. So now I have to decide what I'm going to make tomorrow, too.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    wazilla wrote: »
    I've had good luck with keeping things to one page and dropping references entirely.
    I WILL SUCK YO DICK

Don't judge me. I'm employed.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Asparagus is the worst thing

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

man chu the only way you could be in a worse circumstance to find a job was if you were like 60 years old and living in detroit.

you need to get out of philly, buddy. you're too smart and talented to let yourself set into the kind of squalor and torpor you're facing right now.

:(

Organichu on
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2010

FUCK YOU! I WILL CUT YOUR THROAT!

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

I looooove asparagus.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    stupid fucking fort dix

Organichu on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

so long as you aren't in the army, is there really a problem with working for them?

civilian style.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

so long as you aren't in the army, is there really a problem with working for them?

civilian style.

all these job listings are basically army recruitments- they're not 'work for a us army contractor'... they're recruiting you to be an army engineer or architect or whatever

i have zero moral scruples if that's what you're asking

but these listings aren't for that

Organichu on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The only problem with asparagus is that it tends to impart a rather potent odor to certain bodily fluids.

This can have somewhat of an impact on my quality of life and my social agenda.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010

Stir fried chicken uterus in scat sauce.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I can't decide what to make with the leftover asparagus tomorrow.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I just took the biggest dump guys.

Also, Asparagus makes my pee smell.

Ludious on
This discussion has been closed.