Options

Canadian Mounties vs. [Chat] Invaders

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Galahad wrote: »
    I own a giant bottle of potato vodka of some sort... I have no idea what the brand is. I use it for making vanilla extract.

I have returned to Houston [Chat]! Its hot here!

My fiancee has e-mailed me to inform me that she is cooking us Ghoul-osh for dinner. This is one of the many reasons she is awesome, but the implications are disturbing.

I will never understand why they built Houston on a damn swamp. Oh well, thank god for central air and the pools.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    if your alcohol has a brand name, it's not cheap

Tav on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Podly wrote: »
    seriously, though, the lagavulin 16 is tremendously amazing.

For price/quality ratio I prefer Laphroaig.

Laphroaig 10 year old is almost undrinkable (though I like making cocktails with it.) The 14(16?) is definitely very good, but the Lagavulin just has so much more depth than the laphroaig's single devotion to smokiness.

Lagavulin is better, but ten year Laphroaig is delicious and much cheaper.

I prefer the glenmorangie for cheapie ten years.

All these Elven names are giving me a headache.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    MrMister wrote: »
    IIRC a taste with which you are intimately familiar.

:(

I need a drink.

Had another Guinness for breakfast.

Sheep on
  • Options
    GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Same reason they did it in New Orleans. Only here we're actually above sea level.

Galahad on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Same reason they did it in New Orleans. Only here we're actually above sea level.

So was New Orleans when they built it. The city has sank over time. And my time off has been approved. I now have the time off for the wedding and my birthday next month.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    You guys ever watched the cartoon Archer? It's pretty good.

They slipped in a Mingus joke. Archer gets cut off from his bachelor pad and his former assistant won't allow him back in until the boss okays it.

Then it cuts to the assistant talking to his cat and apparently prepping a spoon.

"It looks like it's just you and me now. Put on some Mingus, won't you?"

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »

So was New Orleans when they built it. The city has sank over time. And my time off has been approved. I now have the time off for the wedding and my birthday next month.

Congrats!

Don't be disappointed when you sit down with your wife and you both realize that you don't feel any different.

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I have six self cleaning litterboxes and I don't even have a kid!

Tav on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Sheep wrote: »

Congrats!

Don't be disappointed when you sit down with your wife and you both realize that you don't feel any different.

First: Been married once already. The feeling of that event was dread and terror along with a crushing feeling that my last chance to escape had gone away.
    Second: Not my wedding. Due to the first, it's gonna be a long time before I do that again.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Houston's down town is sinking too, but pretty slowly I think? Don't remember the specifics, but I hear it brought up as something that might actually become a serious problem a couple of decades down the line every once in a while.

Huzzah for time off!

Galahad on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Thom's marriage is the one shining beacon of hope for h/a.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Houston's down town is sinking too, but pretty slowly I think? Don't remember the specifics, but I hear it brought up as something that might actually become a serious problem a couple of decades down the line every once in a while.

Huzzah for time off!

Man its bad enough you guys got an influx of darkies, now you're getting their crappy city problems too? Well houston off the list of places to visit.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    And Houston wasn't founded for the same reason that New Orleans was. New Orleans is a logical place for a port given it's location. Houston is a so-so port who's primary advantage is Galveston Bay. Matagora Bay would be just as good, wouldn't have required a massive shift in the rail lines and wouldn't require a city to be in as much of a swamp.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Preacher wrote: »

That their advice to just dump one's SO is right? Or something else? And where the fuck have you been, we've been forming posses for RDR.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    awww yissss lunchtime

gonna go eat some food and train some pokemans

later [chat]

Arch on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Huzzah for time off!

Man its bad enough you guys got an influx of darkies, now you're getting their crappy city problems too? Well houston off the list of places to visit.

What? D:

Just... what?

Outside of a bit of violence with kids having trouble fitting in at school, and the expected grumbling of the ignorant you would get in any city in the world, my impression is that Houston has done a fairly decent job integrating its New Orleans transplants. Like, in my apartment complex, half my neighbors are originally from New Orleans and seem to be doing ok.

Galahad on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    also, tav, we have beef

you're supposed to look out for me, man

how'd you let me miss this steel panther band?!

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    oh wow

woah
    barney broke the bro code

shit is going down

Tav on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    And Houston wasn't founded for the same reason that New Orleans was. New Orleans is a logical place for a port given it's location. Houston is a so-so port who's primary advantage is Galveston Bay. Matagora Bay would be just as good, wouldn't have required a massive shift in the rail lines and wouldn't require a city to be in as much of a swamp.

Its always struck me as odd to live in a "port town" where a good percentage of the citizens will never see the ocean.

Blows my mind every time, but it is surprising the number of people who can't be bothered to drive out to Galveston.

Galahad on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Thom, what wedding? Huh? Nice that you got time off for your birthday, that is always nice.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Sheep wrote: »

Congrats!

First: Been married once already. The feeling of that event was dread and terror along with a crushing feeling that my last chance to escape had gone away.
    Second: Not my wedding. Due to the first, it's gonna be a long time before I do that again.

Oh.

My bad.

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Its always struck me as odd to live in a "port town" where a good percentage of the citizens will never see the ocean.

Blows my mind every time, but it is surprising the number of people who can't be bothered to drive out to Galveston.

It's a weird port town because most of the port facilities are so spread out, and the city itself sprung up around the intersection of the railroads rather then being built around the port. Combined with the really poor planing of city growth and you can be pretty far from the coast. And I've been to Galveston, not really sure why I'd do that again. I grew up near Mystic which is the exact same kind of town but with better museums.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    also, tav, we have beef

hey hey hey

I posted their video in chat like two days ago

ain't my fault if you don't watch every youtube video I link

Tav on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Thom, what wedding? Huh? Nice that you got time off for your birthday, that is always nice.

One of my cousins. I'm going up there and the girl is going to meet me up there so she can meet my folks.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I am still not interested in moving to a port town unless it is Seattle, but I have mountains. I think the whole reason I want to move to DC is because it would be really different and I already know people there so the transition would be easier. I still feel off when I don't have mountains around or near me every day.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Tav wrote: »
    also, tav, we have beef

hey hey hey

oh man it's so awesome

their ballad is awesome too

cause my heart belongs to you
    but my dong is community property

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Bored bored bored.

WMain00 on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Jesus... 20 fucking pages read in that Lost thread. I post my thoughts and doubt I'll be going back into it.

I'm going to miss the show, though.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010

That their advice to just dump one's SO is right? Or something else? And where the fuck have you been, we've been forming posses for RDR.

I finished RDR, went back to monster hunter tri. The multi was all right but a little shallow, and when I played the lag was unfuckingbearable (Oh look I'm dissappeared, oh shit my posse disconnected etc).

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    reminds me of the BEST video I've ever seen

it's from Michael Angelo Battio's old band, Nitro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1-aix3CqCc

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »

One of my cousins. I'm going up there and the girl is going to meet me up there so she can meet my folks.

Thats cool. I actually have never been to a family wedding, the one time my cousin got married(second or third small family but we are close) I was in Europe. My generation of first cousins are either poor at relationships(my dad's side) or didn't tell us they got married till a few months later or they just didn't get married and lived with the person for years (mom's side).

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I repeat my already repeated request that someone make a Dr. Mcninja movie.
    2010-05-24-17p70.jpg
    Congratulations, Dr. McNinja. You realized it merely a week after all of the readers did.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010

I finished RDR, went back to monster hunter tri. The multi was all right but a little shallow, and when I played the lag was unfuckingbearable (Oh look I'm dissappeared, oh shit my posse disconnected etc).

We did some possing with Chat. Mostly we went after gang hideouts then butchered each other. Good times was had.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

It's a weird port town because most of the port facilities are so spread out, and the city itself sprung up around the intersection of the railroads rather then being built around the port. Combined with the really poor planing of city growth and you can be pretty far from the coast. And I've been to Galveston, not really sure why I'd do that again. I grew up near Mystic which is the exact same kind of town but with better museums.

I like Galveston well enough. *shrug*

If you are going for the beach, though, waves that look like salty chocolate milk do not do much to recommend themselves to tourists.

Galahad on
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    oh wow

woah
    barney broke the bro code

shit is going down

Remember Robots vs. Wrestlers?

My friend built and piloted the robot.

MrMister on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    How do I fry mussels?

Really hot, really short time?

Oh and do they have to be perfectly thawed? I totally forgot and only now took them out of the freezer.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited May 2010
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    also, tav, we have beef

hey hey hey

oh man it's so awesome

their ballad is awesome too

cause my heart belongs to you
    but my dong is community property

It should also be pointed out that Sarah Silverman's rack is very respectable in that video

it is so much more entertaining then the rest of her will ever be

Tav on
This discussion has been closed.