Options

Canadian Mounties vs. [Chat] Invaders

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Honk wrote: »
    How do I fry mussels?

Really hot, really short time?

Oh and do they have to be perfectly thawed? I totally forgot and only now took them out of the freezer.

Wait don't you cook them till they pop open? I have never cooked mussels actually just eaten them. Mainly in Italy. Oh, god I want some Italian mussels now.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    I've only ever had mussels on bought pizza, this will be my first attempt.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    seafood and pizza don't go together well IMO

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    posting the video again, in case you missed it last page, [chat]

because it's awesome and death to all but metal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1-aix3CqCc

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Podly wrote: »

Hair metal is an abomination.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    How do I fry mussels?

Oh and do they have to be perfectly thawed? I totally forgot and only now took them out of the freezer.

Wait don't you cook them till they pop open? I have never cooked mussels actually just eaten them. Mainly in Italy. Oh, god I want some Italian mussels now.

If he's frying them I assume they are already out of the shell.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Podly wrote: »

Hair metal is an abomination.

fuck you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlyYC3KRqfQ

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Yup, they're out of the shell and in a freezer pack. Mussle-ice right now, hmm.

Honk on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    How do I fry mussels?

the answer is don't fry them

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    The Crowing OneThe Crowing One Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Starting LOST.

I'll see this blue background in two hours, and I'll probably be caught at the point between rage, love and sheer terror.

The Crowing One on
    3rddocbottom.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

pizza as in the american abomination? Then no, it doesn't.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Don't you see I have to fry them!

THE WORLD IS AT STAKE

Honk on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

THE WORLD IS AT STAKE

That's really the only way I can eat muscles and even then they are still hella chewy.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Janellae Monae finally came out with her full length album

it's fantastic

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Thom, what wedding? Huh? Nice that you got time off for your birthday, that is always nice.

One of my cousins. I'm going up there and the girl is going to meet me up there so she can meet my folks.

Thats cool. I actually have never been to a family wedding, the one time my cousin got married(second or third small family but we are close) I was in Europe. My generation of first cousins are either poor at relationships(my dad's side) or didn't tell us they got married till a few months later or they just didn't get married and lived with the person for years (mom's side).

Mine are somewhat close. I grew up with all of them, and we mostly stay in touch, but I have a lot of them. 8 cousins plus my four siblings.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Preacher wrote: »

THE WORLD IS AT STAKE

That's really the only way I can eat muscles and even then they are still hella chewy.

pfft

eat your meat raw

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Best AmericaBest America __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    the more you let them thaw out before you cook them, the less tough they'll be

Best America on
    right you got it
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    mazzyx you don't cook mussels, you steam them

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Starting LOST.

I'll see this blue background in two hours, and I'll probably be caught at the point between rage, love and sheer terror.

You are in for a treat.

Honk:I won a set of mussels like that once in Japan. My neighbor helped me make them, it was like a seafood risotto which was awesome. Think he pan fried them at medium heat first, but don't take my word on it.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Galahad wrote: »
    And Houston wasn't founded for the same reason that New Orleans was. New Orleans is a logical place for a port given it's location. Houston is a so-so port who's primary advantage is Galveston Bay. Matagora Bay would be just as good, wouldn't have required a massive shift in the rail lines and wouldn't require a city to be in as much of a swamp.

Its always struck me as odd to live in a "port town" where a good percentage of the citizens will never see the ocean.

Blows my mind every time, but it is surprising the number of people who can't be bothered to drive out to Galveston.

It's a weird port town because most of the port facilities are so spread out, and the city itself sprung up around the intersection of the railroads rather then being built around the port. Combined with the really poor planing of city growth and you can be pretty far from the coast. And I've been to Galveston, not really sure why I'd do that again. I grew up near Mystic which is the exact same kind of town but with better museums.

I like Galveston well enough. *shrug*

If you are going for the beach, though, waves that look like salty chocolate milk do not do much to recommend themselves to tourists.

That doesn't help either.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    While I don't live and die by the opinions of Gabe and Tycho, it's somewhat affirming to find that Tycho sees RDR multiplayer the same way I do.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

pizza as in the american abomination? Then no, it doesn't.

yeah, lets compare american pizza to say..... poached cod, fish soup and pickled herring....

pure delicacies I tell you.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

THE WORLD IS AT STAKE

pfft

eat your meat raw

Seafood makes me gag normally, frying it up makes it more edible (as you are really just tasting the fryer). I know living in a city full of seafood makes this hilarious.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Given that they're so tiny, I'm gonna go with a short fry time and sample some to see if it works. I also want them thawed but if I use the microwave bad things might happen.

So I put them under a warm desklamp, we'll see.

Honk on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    DO NOT MICROWAVE A MUSSEL

Best America on
    right you got it
  • Options
    edited May 2010

THE WORLD IS AT STAKE

pfft

eat your meat raw

Seafood makes me gag normally, frying it up makes it more edible (as you are really just tasting the fryer). I know living in a city full of seafood makes this hilarious.

if you were talking about mussels and not muscles I have no idea what you're talking about

mussels are not chewy at all

they have the tensile strength of wet tissue paper

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I thought as much :P

I put the package on top of my laptop charger, and from above I have the warm lamp. I am food macgyver.

Honk on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Given that they're so tiny, I'm gonna go with a short fry time and sample some to see if it works. I also want them thawed but if I use the microwave bad things might happen.

They're already been steamed and boiled so I don't think you need to fry them for long.

What're you frying them in?

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    While I don't live and die by the opinions of Gabe and Tycho, it's somewhat affirming to find that Tycho sees RDR multiplayer the same way I do.

It does feel kind of devoid of life, maybe the co-op campaign they are adding in will make it more fun. I kind of wish there was a way to turn off being able to kill other players, because when you want to ride around rounding up bad guys, it sucks when a douche just wants to spawn camp.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited May 2010

They're already been steamed and boiled so I don't think you need to fry them for long.

One of these nifty teflon frying pans!

Honk on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    no I think he meant what's in your sauce

Best America on
    right you got it
  • Options
    thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    DEATH TO ALL BUTT-METAL!

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    edited May 2010

It does feel kind of devoid of life, maybe the co-op campaign they are adding in will make it more fun. I kind of wish there was a way to turn off being able to kill other players, because when you want to ride around rounding up bad guys, it sucks when a douche just wants to spawn camp.

But it can lead to such accidental hilarity like me shooting Sarkus in the back of the head when he rode past me and through my line of fire. Or smacking Chu in the back of the head with my rifle stock when he did the same thing...

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

One of these nifty teflon frying pans!

eh, I meant like, a sauce or something

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

it's fantastic

So it is a full length album this time, not a "suite" like last time?

!!!

:)

So happy.

And it is good? Do the songs flow together the way that the first couple did in the Chase Suite? Because if she could have kept that up for ten songs or more it would probably have become one of my all time favorite albums.

Galahad on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

But it can lead to such accidental hilarity like me shooting Sarkus in the back of the head when he rode past me and through my line of fire. Or smacking Chu in the back of the head with my rifle stock when he did the same thing...

I got this game for the wrong system.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Wish I had more money. RDR sounds fun. I like sandbox games, especially by rockstar.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

it's fantastic

So it is a full length album this time, not a "suite" like last time?

!!!

:)

So happy.

And it is good? Do the songs flow together the way that the first couple did in the Chase Suite? Because if she could have kept that up for ten songs or more it would probably have become one of my all time favorite albums.

Yes and Yes

It's two "suites" together

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2010
    I don't like Janelle Monae, probably because she was on SG:U in one of those WB-esque, let's be hip by bringing in some obscure pop star segment.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

I got this game for the wrong system.

General rule, if you are buying it for multiplayer follow which way [chat] is going if you can. Otherwise real life people will leave you high and dry. Though I know there are a few people who never told me when they are playing borderlands on the pc, especially since the fixed the stupidity of getting it working.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
This discussion has been closed.