Options

Canadian Mounties vs. [Chat] Invaders

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Gmail has a big banner at the top of it saying "Google Mail is becoming Gmail in the UK".

I was not aware that it was ever anything other than Gmail. I've certainly always had an @gmail.com address.

japan on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited May 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Wish I had more money. RDR sounds fun. I like sandbox games, especially by rockstar.

I don't generally like Rockstar's games, don't like their sense of humor, and don't really like free-roam games.

I should probably get back to playing RDR, and I guess probably will, but I am not finding it as compelling as i hoped i would. It's fine I guess.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    While I don't live and die by the opinions of Gabe and Tycho, it's somewhat affirming to find that Tycho sees RDR multiplayer the same way I do.

It does feel kind of devoid of life, maybe the co-op campaign they are adding in will make it more fun. I kind of wish there was a way to turn off being able to kill other players, because when you want to ride around rounding up bad guys, it sucks when a douche just wants to spawn camp.

But it can lead to such accidental hilarity like me shooting Sarkus in the back of the head when he rode past me and through my line of fire. Or smacking Chu in the back of the head with my rifle stock when he did the same thing...

I got this game for the wrong system.

General rule, if you are buying it for multiplayer follow which way [chat] is going if you can. Otherwise real life people will leave you high and dry. Though I know there are a few people who never told me when they are playing borderlands on the pc, especially since the fixed the stupidity of getting it working.

General rule, if you are buying it for multiplayer... don't.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I'm thinking of taking some leave to go home and play Mario Galaxy 2.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    While I don't live and die by the opinions of Gabe and Tycho, it's somewhat affirming to find that Tycho sees RDR multiplayer the same way I do.

It does feel kind of devoid of life, maybe the co-op campaign they are adding in will make it more fun. I kind of wish there was a way to turn off being able to kill other players, because when you want to ride around rounding up bad guys, it sucks when a douche just wants to spawn camp.

But it can lead to such accidental hilarity like me shooting Sarkus in the back of the head when he rode past me and through my line of fire. Or smacking Chu in the back of the head with my rifle stock when he did the same thing...

I got this game for the wrong system.

General rule, if you are buying it for multiplayer follow which way [chat] is going if you can. Otherwise real life people will leave you high and dry. Though I know there are a few people who never told me when they are playing borderlands on the pc, especially since the fixed the stupidity of getting it working.

This probably more true, as I learned with l4d2. Though I have gotten a few fun games out of it with some [chat] folks. At least I got it on sale so it wasn't to much.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Podly wrote: »
    posting the video again, in case you missed it last page, [chat]

because it's awesome and death to all but metal

[/url]Podly then posts a video which is not awesome but is an argument for killing off metal.[/url]

You posted the wrong video. :P

Lawndart on
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2010
    japan wrote: »
    Gmail has a big banner at the top of it saying "Google Mail is becoming Gmail in the UK".

I was not aware that it was ever anything other than Gmail. I've certainly always had an @gmail.com address.

Apparently, GMail was already a registered trademark in Britain or some shit, so there were legal bullshits associated with it. *shrugs*

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

This probably more true, as I learned with l4d2. Though I have gotten a few fun games out of it with some [chat] folks. At least I got it on sale so it wasn't to much.

Heh. I payed full price on day 1 and played it twice.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Lawndart wrote: »

[/url]Podly then posts a video which is not awesome but is an argument for killing off metal.[/url]

i thought it was totally gnar

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I don't like Janelle Monae, for some kinds of reasons.

She makes music that is good and that tells a story and she is very pretty.

Galahad on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Wee, the girl got the flowers. She's now happy and thus the world is right. Also apparently I gained points in her mother's eyes.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Lawndart wrote: »

i thought it was totally gnar

You need to listen to better metal.

Or perhaps you're appreciating it ironically, in which case you need to listen to better ironic metal.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Heh. I payed full price on day 1 and played it twice.

I only do this for single player games that I have been looking forward to. I feel guilty buying a game if I don't get at least 10 hours of play out of it. That includes games that are on sale, this keeps me from buying a lot of games.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    naw it's pretty awesome in it's baroque over-the-topness

racer x, however is legit awesome

as is cacophony

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jamc3NYRFMI

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Thom, I might have an interview for a tech support position with a CCTV company this week :D

TL DR on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited May 2010

I've had some great times with PA people on multiplayer games.

But you need to realize that D&D does multiplayer gaming on the 360 and the PC.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Galahad wrote: »
    I don't like Janelle Monae, for some kinds of reasons.

She makes music that is good and that tells a story and she is very pretty.

I disagree with the last part. And I haven't listened to her music much, so I can't comment on the first part.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    upset stomach

out of pepto bismol

solution?

fernet branca before work!

awwww yeah!

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Much like the ps2, my ps3 is a single player platform except for very certain party games (lbp, rock band and the such) which you play with people in person. I knew this going in and I am quiet happy for it to be that way.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Thom, I might have an interview for a tech support position with a CCTV company this week :D

Installer or software/hardware company?

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I am strongly reminded of Mr Garrison's "It" from that episode of South Park:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-akkbNyiXE

japan on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    And Will, what is moe?

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2010
    i've put a lot of time into the L4Ds but when I play the campaign it's mainly with [chat] folk.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    And Will, what is moe?

Will knows what moe is? For someone who claims to hate weeaboos as much as he does, Will certainly knows a lot about the culture.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    The Crowing OneThe Crowing One Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    And Will, what is moe?

You... you don't know?

The Crowing One on
    3rddocbottom.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »

I've had some great times with PA people on multiplayer games.

But you need to realize that D&D does multiplayer gaming on the 360 and the PC.

Even when I go that route, opportunities are few and far between. Perhaps it is me.

Though it looks like RDR might have been the exception, but as Mazzyx pointed out, I broke the rule and went with real life friends, who left me high and dry.

Yeah, okay, back to my initial rule: fuck buying games for multiplayer.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    Oh my sauce!

Well, I have tomato sauce and mushrooms. I also have actual tomatoes and onions and stuff. I was going to mix those things, maybe add some cream.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Conan, what is moe in life?

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010

I'd guess the former. The woman I talked to said it would be phone support for customers having trouble with their DVR and whatnot.

TL DR on
  • Options
    thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    And Will, what is moe?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4ZgVRJ-H8U

5 way slap at .56

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Wish I had more money. RDR sounds fun. I like sandbox games, especially by rockstar.

I don't generally like Rockstar's games, don't like their sense of humor, and don't really like free-roam games.

I should probably get back to playing RDR, and I guess probably will, but I am not finding it as compelling as i hoped i would. It's fine I guess.

boooooorderlaaaands

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    And Will, what is moe?

Will knows what moe is? For someone who claims to hate weeaboos as much as he does, Will certainly knows a lot about the culture.

Apparently.
    You... you don't know?

No idea actually.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

I'd guess the former. The woman I talked to said it would be phone support for customers having trouble with their DVR and whatnot.

Run Tim! Run away! TV tech support is the worst fucking job you can do.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Do you mind telling me the company? I might be able to tell you a little more about them.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

It's for security cameras, not TV.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    What I want to know is, what made me start sexualizing submission so deeply? Did my parents spank me too much? Too little?

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm glad I took a week off to play RDR as I'd hate to be spoiled on the story (so when nerd gets it I'm secure).

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    The Crowing OneThe Crowing One Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I have to say...

LOST finale?

So far, amazing!

The Crowing One on
    3rddocbottom.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010

It's for security cameras, not TV.

I saw dvr and all the memories of working for dish network came flooding back. *shudders*

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    What I want to know is, what made me start sexualizing submission so deeply? Did my parents spank me too much? Too little?

You are a terrifying person.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.