Options

Fundamentalist Militant [Vegetarianism] and [Veganism]

11213141517

Posts

  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    Oh.

    That's different.

    And good.

    Probably much better than a boiled chicken.

    Also, a while back, I saw on Chopped (or something similar) where they had to make a meal with this big hunk of protein. Or gluten. Something that was apparently a meat substitute that had a very meat like consistency and texture.

    Seitan.

    is that what I'm thinking of?

    Sheep on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    seitan may be what you are thinking of

    it is pretty good

    Arch on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    I guarantee you that I'd probably eat much less meat if there were actual alternatives around here. I've never seen seitan around here. I imagine it's stocked at the co op in Jackson though.

    Jackson has this hippie co op with tons of organic stuff. Some really awesome hummus last time I went.

    There's an Indian place and an Arabic place that both have vegetarian options, but entrees are usually around 15$ a piece.

    Sheep on
  • Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, I'm definitely not a fan of eating products enigineered to (poorly) mimick meat over their far superior blatantly veg replacements. For example, original Gardenburger? Does not tase like meat, does not taste good. Spicy black bean garden burger? Does not even try to taste like meat, but does taste good.

    JihadJesus on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    There's a ridiculously good, high class, high quality, chef owned and operated, steak and seafood place down in McComb.

    He changes out his menu every few months. Sometimes he has a grilled portobello mushrooms under his "Steak" options.

    Shit's good.

    Sheep on
  • Options
    KetherialKetherial Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hachface wrote: »
    nstf wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    nstf everybody, nstf!

    he will be here all week, (don't) try the veal!

    I find dating people with diametricaly opposing moral and ethics views leads to problems. And if those views are rather firm, it just leads to problems. I've never dated a vegetarian that didn't at some point try to convert me.

    I find it strange that your commitment to eating meat is so profound to your identity that you would characterize vegetarianism as diametric opposition to your beliefs.

    doesnt seem that strange to me. i mean, this is a veg-ism thread. that's what this thread is about, isnt it?

    vegetarians and vegans feel strongly about not eating meat. i think it's perfectly natural for people to feel just as strongly about eating meat.

    would a veggie want to go out with me, a dude who absolutely loves eating meat and does so three times a day? i doubt it.

    Ketherial on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    It's just kind of weird to me. It's easy to think of someone getting upset about the presence of something they can't/won't eat, but it's more difficult to imagine someone getting upset about the lack of something they can/will eat.

    Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HachfaceHachface Not the Minister Farrakhan you're thinking of Dammit, Shepard!Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Ketherial wrote: »
    Hachface wrote: »
    nstf wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    nstf everybody, nstf!

    he will be here all week, (don't) try the veal!

    I find dating people with diametricaly opposing moral and ethics views leads to problems. And if those views are rather firm, it just leads to problems. I've never dated a vegetarian that didn't at some point try to convert me.

    I find it strange that your commitment to eating meat is so profound to your identity that you would characterize vegetarianism as diametric opposition to your beliefs.

    doesnt seem that strange to me. i mean, this is a veg-ism thread. that's what this thread is about, isnt it?

    vegetarians and vegans feel strongly about not eating meat. i think it's perfectly natural for people to feel just as strongly about eating meat.

    would a veggie want to go out with me, a dude who absolutely loves eating meat and does so three times a day? i doubt it.

    What I'm saying is--well let's try an example.

    I am in favor of gun control. But it's not really a huge deal to me. I think there are more important and more pressing issues. So if I met someone who was against most forms of gun control, I would disagree with this person but I wouldn't say that we had diametrically opposed ethical views. Like, in order to say that someone had beliefs that were diametrically opposed to mine they would have to be against any and all forms of gun control, believe that all mankind should be ruled by multinational corporations, and that Sharia law should reign in the few areas of life that the multinationals didn't care for.

    What I am saying is, when you say vegetarians are diametrically opposed to you I tend to think that you either have very few strong beliefs or totally lack perspective.

    Hachface on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Elitistb wrote: »
    It's honestly just easier to fix something for myself at a later time than it is to have the due diligence to make sure that there is nothing in whatever dish that has been suggested for me to eat. Also, keep in mind that if I accidentally eat something that's not vegetarian, I will throw it back up even if I don't know that hit had meat in it. It's kind of horrible considering that these people made an honest effort to be good hosts to me, but have made me sick.

    I have difficulty seeing the all of statements presented in this paragraph as consistent.

    The host didn't make you sick, you made yourself sick. Unless you are somehow actually allergic to ingested animal proteins?

    No one addressed this earlier, but in a sense, yes. After a long period of not eating meat, eating meat will cause you have digestive troubles. My dad had the same problem when he was vegetarian.

    Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KetherialKetherial Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    edit: this is in response to tofystedeth

    i guess i can sort of see that.

    but that sounds to me like a "special treatment for special needs" kind of approach. i think people feel strongly, positively or negatively, about lots of things. i dont see why only those who feel negatively about something should be given special treatment.

    for example, i refuse to buy diamonds. but my female friends love them. trust me, im right on this one (morally), but i dont think it's weird or bad of them to not want to go out with a guy who refuses to buy diamonds. diamonds mean more to them than just a shiny stone. they've been brainwashed (just like all of us) and it's important to them to get a wedding ring with a real diamond on it. i get that. i dont think it's irrational or strange. buying diamonds are still morally questionable though.

    Ketherial on
  • Options
    KetherialKetherial Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hachface wrote: »
    What I'm saying is--well let's try an example.

    I am in favor of gun control. But it's not really a huge deal to me. I think there are more important and more pressing issues. So if I met someone who was against most forms of gun control, I would disagree with this person but I wouldn't say that we had diametrically opposed ethical views. Like, in order to say that someone had beliefs that were diametrically opposed to mine they would have to be against any and all forms of gun control, believe that all mankind should be ruled by multinational corporations, and that Sharia law should reign in the few areas of life that the multinationals didn't care for.

    What I am saying is, when you say vegetarians are diametrically opposed to you I tend to think that you either have very few strong beliefs or totally lack perspective.

    i think i pretty much agree with your thinking.

    except, where we differ is, i dont think food is not a big deal. i think food and our food lifestyle is a huge deal. i dont think someone who feels strongly about what they eat (or even someone who believes what they eat is a defining characteristic in their life) lacks perspective. i think they are pretty normal actually.

    especially when it comes to something like killing animals. people feel strongly about killing (or not killing) things (obviously). if a veggie tells me im immoral for killing animals and eating them, it's a strong and important accusation. i think about it. i care about it.

    in the end, i dont actually agree with veggies. but the points they bring up matter to me. and i think they and i are, maybe, "diametrically opposed".

    Ketherial on
  • Options
    sidhaethesidhaethe Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Ketherial wrote: »
    for example, i refuse to buy diamonds. but my female friends love them. trust me, im right on this one (morally), but i dont think it's weird or bad of them to not want to go out with a guy who refuses to buy diamonds. diamonds mean more to them than just a shiny stone. they've been brainwashed (just like all of us) and it's important to them to get a wedding ring with a real diamond on it. i get that. i dont think it's irrational or strange. buying diamonds are still morally questionable though.

    Find a woman who hasn't drunk the kool-aid on diamonds; they exist (hi!). My engagement ring is a sapphire and I love it (my fiance explained to me early on that he was opposed to diamonds, and I had no problem with it), diamonds never meant anything to me, and plenty of stones are just as pretty.

    sidhaethe on
  • Options
    HachfaceHachface Not the Minister Farrakhan you're thinking of Dammit, Shepard!Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    @Ketherial

    That's fair, I guess. I think that if you meet someone you might be interested in dating and doing the pro/con calculation, mismatching values about food can be a significant point in the con column. But I think it's silly to make it a criterion for auto-rejection.

    Hachface on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    sidhaethe wrote: »
    Ketherial wrote: »
    for example, i refuse to buy diamonds. but my female friends love them. trust me, im right on this one (morally), but i dont think it's weird or bad of them to not want to go out with a guy who refuses to buy diamonds. diamonds mean more to them than just a shiny stone. they've been brainwashed (just like all of us) and it's important to them to get a wedding ring with a real diamond on it. i get that. i dont think it's irrational or strange. buying diamonds are still morally questionable though.

    Find a woman who hasn't drunk the kool-aid on diamonds; they exist (hi!). My engagement ring is a sapphire and I love it (my fiance explained to me early on that he was opposed to diamonds, and I had no problem with it), diamonds never meant anything to me, and plenty of stones are just as pretty.

    My wife wanted a synthetic diamond engagement ring too. She likes the shininess of diamonds but hates the moral implications. That and the overpricedness of it. The only downside is due to the marketing of the site we got it, we thought were getting a lab diamond, where it was in fact diamond substitute. No big deal. Just wanted something made by exploding graphite cause it's awesome, and ways to get real diamonds without exploiting people should be supported.

    Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Or we could just say fuck it and explode people for their diamonds and then eat them.

    Eh? Am I right?

    Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    nstf wrote: »
    Your own faults in crappy poultry show what quality meat you eat.

    You mean to tell me you take high quality chicken breast, shred it, then put it in a dish that covers it in spices that hide almost any flavor of the original chicken?

    How is it beyond you that some meat isn't meant to be tasted on its own. Nobody takes the vat of chicken meat for enchiladas and serves it up by itself.

    Quid on
  • Options
    LionLion Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Quid wrote: »
    You mean to tell me you take high quality chicken breast, shred it, then put it in a dish that covers it in spices that hide almost any flavor of the original chicken?

    Trimming the quote tree because I only want to respond to this point and I don't support the other dude at all.

    But, yes, I do the above. I do it with beef, pork, lamb, goat, and all types of seafood as well. Mainly because getting great tasting meat and animal byproducts goes hand in hand with supporting farms/fisherman with sustainable and humane practices.

    The same applies to veggies because local produce is the best produce in my experience.

    Lion on
    PSN: WingedLion | XBL: Winged Lion
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Lion wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    You mean to tell me you take high quality chicken breast, shred it, then put it in a dish that covers it in spices that hide almost any flavor of the original chicken?

    Trimming the quote tree because I only want to respond to this point and I don't support the other dude at all.

    But, yes, I do the above. I do it with beef, pork, lamb, goat, and all types of seafood as well. Mainly because getting great tasting meat and animal byproducts goes hand in hand with supporting farms/fisherman with sustainable and humane practices.

    The same applies to veggies because local produce is the best produce in my experience.

    We generally try the same but that's also why we use substitutes for certain foods. Frankly if I spend five bucks a pound on some quality meat, I want to taste that. I couldn't bring myself to shred up some quality chicken for enchiladas.

    Quid on
  • Options
    LionLion Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Quid wrote: »
    Lion wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    You mean to tell me you take high quality chicken breast, shred it, then put it in a dish that covers it in spices that hide almost any flavor of the original chicken?

    Trimming the quote tree because I only want to respond to this point and I don't support the other dude at all.

    But, yes, I do the above. I do it with beef, pork, lamb, goat, and all types of seafood as well. Mainly because getting great tasting meat and animal byproducts goes hand in hand with supporting farms/fisherman with sustainable and humane practices.

    The same applies to veggies because local produce is the best produce in my experience.

    We generally try the same but that's also why we use substitutes for certain foods. Frankly if I spend five bucks a pound on some quality meat, I want to taste that. I couldn't bring myself to shred up some quality chicken for enchiladas.

    Are you really just straight up boiling the chicken and then shredding it? Because I could understand why you would want to cover that up with sauce.

    This is probably a culture clash because I really can't see any reason to boil chicken. Reading up on poaching is like mind blowing to me. It's like why don't you just cut it up and cook it in the sauce?

    EDIT: I bring up poaching because I googled boiling chicken and poaching came up.

    Lion on
    PSN: WingedLion | XBL: Winged Lion
  • Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    There are simply dishes that high quality meat would be a waste on, or that are built specifically to make use of less perfect cuts. You don't make a hearty stew with Kobe beef.

    BloodySloth on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    There are simply dishes that high quality meat would be a waste on, or that are built specifically to make use of less perfect cuts. You don't make a hearty stew with Kobe beef.

    This is what I'm getting at. I mean, I guess you could make a stew out of it and it'd taste fine, but it'd be a horrible waste. But if nstf is making chicken nuggets out of farm fresh antibiotic free organic chicken then more power to him. I guess. But then, I doubt that's what's happening.

    Quid on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I don't care if your chicken is from free range royal stock of the greatest chicken ever its breast is going to be bland on its own. It's chicken.

    We're not talking a 50 dollar perfectly aged steak here from great stock. Chicken breast is insanely bland on its own. Spice that shit up!

    The vegan equivalent to a well aged steak is the perfectly ripe piece of tree fruit from a good tree. No blemishes at all, perfectly shaped and at the peak of flavor before the decay sets in. Nothing is necessary to add to it besides maybe the smallest grain of salt or sugar to draw out that extra bit of flavor.

    Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    Usually when we make enchiladas it's with the whole roasted chickens you can get from the local supermarkets for 4 bucks.
    It's like why don't you just cut it up and cook it in the sauce?

    EDIT: I bring up poaching because I googled boiling chicken and poaching came up.

    Poaching makes meat taste good.

    Boiling... shit. I don't even think my grandmother ever boiled a chicken.

    EDIT

    Figured I'd Google as well. I guess some people use poach and boil interchangeably. I've always "poached" either on stove top in a skillet with stock, wine, and spices, or done so in a dish in the oven. Usually poach offal like sweetbreads in some milk and spices to neutralize the gameyness and add a bit of different flavors before cooking in olive oil and some butter.

    But some vids and pics show people basically "poaching" by boiling a chicken and creating stock at the same time.

    Sheep on
  • Options
    nstfnstf __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    Quid wrote: »
    nstf wrote: »
    Your own faults in crappy poultry show what quality meat you eat.

    You mean to tell me you take high quality chicken breast, shred it, then put it in a dish that covers it in spices that hide almost any flavor of the original chicken?

    How is it beyond you that some meat isn't meant to be tasted on its own. Nobody takes the vat of chicken meat for enchiladas and serves it up by itself.

    Yes, and I could still tell if somebody tried to use fake meat in enchiladas, and it would be nasty and they would be a jerk if they tried to serve it to you.
    This is what I'm getting at. I mean, I guess you could make a stew out of it and it'd taste fine, but it'd be a horrible waste. But if nstf is making chicken nuggets out of farm fresh antibiotic free organic chicken then more power to him. I guess. But then, I doubt that's what's happening.

    I'm not sure where you are going with this. I buy high end meat for myself, it's not that pricey. However, even the crappiest meat still tastes more like meat and better then the highest quality fake meat. Give me McDonalds before the foulness that is say morning star farms.

    Tofurky, fake sausages, fake hotdogs, are just out right some of the most foul creations ever made. They are awful compared to even low quality gutter meat. They taste nothing like the real thing either. They are cruel horrible items that are only good for practical joking people you really hate. We should serve that crap to prisoners to make them suffer more.

    However, this is a criticism of fake meat, not vegetarianism as a whole. Hamburgers are great. Portobello burgers are good. Fake meat concoction that you call a hamburger is nasty.
    Okay seriously at this point I am getting a bit perturbed. We can do this back and forth forever, but if your only contribution to this thread is going to continue to be "OMFG divorce vegetarians they are so bad you guys so bad! Just like their horribly evil fake meat products that are disgusting and gross and no one can enjoy!" it would be nice if you stopped.

    Vegetarians are just like evangelical christians. They have a set of beliefs that they live their life by which governs what they think is right. Both will eventually try and convert you because they believe you are doing something wrong.

    I have found over the years that dating people who think you are doing something wrong, is sure to end up in disaster. So I don't date vegetarians, christians, or conservatives. This keeps things sane. Of the three, I've found the vegetarians to be the most shovy and holier then thou by far. So I avoid dating them the most.

    nstf on
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    nstf wrote: »
    Tofurky, fake sausages, fake hotdogs, are just out right some of the most foul creations ever made. They are awful compared to even low quality gutter meat. They taste nothing like the real thing either. They are cruel horrible items that are only good for practical joking people you really hate. We should serve that crap to prisoners to make them suffer more.

    Did a soy product touch you in a bad place?

    Jesus.

    MrMister on
  • Options
    nstfnstf __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    MrMister wrote: »
    nstf wrote: »
    Tofurky, fake sausages, fake hotdogs, are just out right some of the most foul creations ever made. They are awful compared to even low quality gutter meat. They taste nothing like the real thing either. They are cruel horrible items that are only good for practical joking people you really hate. We should serve that crap to prisoners to make them suffer more.

    Did a soy product touch you in a bad place?

    Jesus.

    I like edamame, soy sauce, and fried tofu. I have nothing against soy till it tries to be meat and is foul.

    nstf on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    nstf wrote: »
    Vegetarians are just like every other human being on the planet. They have a set of beliefs that they live their life by which governs what they think is right.

    Oh, those darn vegetarians.

    Lawndart on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    nstf wrote: »
    Give me McDonalds before...

    This is how we know you've got horrible taste. Shit, Anthony Bourdain doesn't even agree with this and that guy rants about vegetarians all the time.

    Quid on
  • Options
    radroadkillradroadkill MDRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    nstf wrote: »
    Tofurky, fake sausages, fake hotdogs, are just out right some of the most foul creations ever made. They are awful compared to even low quality gutter meat. They taste nothing like the real thing either. They are cruel horrible items that are only good for practical joking people you really hate. We should serve that crap to prisoners to make them suffer more.


    You do realize these things are not supposed to mimic the taste of meat as their primary goal, right? They're supposed to be a convenient way to get protein in a familiar shape/food stuff. They're not supposed to be "OMG, THIS TASTES JUST LIEK TEH CHICKENZ". They're more of a convenience product which doesn't necessarily mean it's healthier or "better" than the real thing... but vegetarians don't eat meat.

    Veggies burgers are pretty sweet when Quid and I have BBQs with people and I can be like "snap, out of mushrooms, toss this on the grill" and it's not some huge ordeal to have to make something "seperate" for myself when company is over.

    And yes, some brands are pretty foul and some are not. If you don't have the desire to try them to find nonshitty ones that's cool, but you are all sorts of enraged over something pretty ridiculous.

    radroadkill on
  • Options
    nstfnstf __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    nstf wrote: »
    Tofurky, fake sausages, fake hotdogs, are just out right some of the most foul creations ever made. They are awful compared to even low quality gutter meat. They taste nothing like the real thing either. They are cruel horrible items that are only good for practical joking people you really hate. We should serve that crap to prisoners to make them suffer more.


    You do realize these things are not supposed to mimic the taste of meat as their primary goal, right? They're supposed to be a convenient way to get protein in a familiar shape/food stuff. They're not supposed to be "OMG, THIS TASTES JUST LIEK TEH CHICKENZ". They're more of a convenience product which doesn't necessarily mean it's healthier or "better" than the real thing... but vegetarians don't eat meat.

    Veggies burgers are pretty sweet when Quid and I have BBQs with people and I can be like "snap, out of mushrooms, toss this on the grill" and it's not some huge ordeal to have to make something "seperate" for myself when company is over.

    And yes, some brands are pretty foul and some are not. If you don't have the desire to try them to find nonshitty ones that's cool, but you are all sorts of enraged over something pretty ridiculous.

    Having dated one of the cultists (and yes, it's worse then most religions in same ways religions are bad) I've been subjected to a ton of brands. They are all foul abominations and not worth eating. By avoiding vegetarians I don't run the risk of having of having to be subjected to that just because of their personal beliefs.

    At the end of the day, I hate the food and consider it the nasty. But, I don't have to eat it so not my issue. If you want to eat it, well, sucks to be you but have at it. However I do not like people that try and force their views onto other people. And there are two groups that I've found take the cake, evangelicals and vegetarians, so I try to avoid them. At least the christians don't screw with your food.

    Now. If I had a BBQ and I knew there was a vegetarian there, I'd be damn sure to have a non meat item ready for them. I'd probably go get mushrooms, and hell if they wanted one of those assualts on taste buds I'd get them that. Every vegetarian I've encountred treats this as a chance to get some new converts and inflict their moral views onto everybody else.

    I really wouldn't care so much about the food, if it wasn't constantly used as a sneak attack to try and convert people to the true faith. It's also horrible at doing it, which if you read the thread, many people also think such things are nasty. But as a meat eater, I don't want to hear about your religion that I do not believe in, and I don't want to have to go by your rules per diet, and don't try to make dishes that are meat dishes because you ruin them.

    And in the spirit of the OP, I'm not shocked that they pied the woman. The entire thing is pretty much a cult and way over the top with their morality. That their food substitutes suck is also true, but it wouldn't be so much of an issue if they weren't jackasses that tried to feed it to people.

    nstf on
  • Options
    OctoparrotOctoparrot Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm taking the opportunity to let everyone know, if you have a Publix, they probably have a buy one get one offer on their entire Morningstar Farms section. I've been so full the past 2 days I can barely move.

    Octoparrot on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    My God nstf you do seem to have a point. Why, just look at the people who are being jerks in this thread.

    Quid on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2010
    i've tried many of the meat-imitation products

    god

    so far every one i tried is/was godawful

    but i don't have the weird hatred for vegetarians

    still, nasty food

    Organichu on
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Sneak attack to convert people?

    Uh what?

    So It Goes on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Sneak attack to convert people?

    Uh what?

    You see, SIG, vegetarians are as bad as any horrible, close minded religion and anything you say or try to demonstrate otherwise is wrong.

    Quid on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2010
    considering i thought morning star was choke worthy

    what are some of these not so awful brands

    i'd like to try one

    Organichu on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Quid wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Sneak attack to convert people?

    Uh what?

    You see, SIG, vegetarians are as bad as any horrible, close minded religion and anything you say or try to demonstrate otherwise is wrong.

    He does have a point about how being vegetarian is like being in a cult, since when I decided to stop eating meat I was kidnapped by shadowy, cloaked figures, taken deep into the woods, smeared with beet juice and forced to disembowel a large chunk of firm tofu.

    Lawndart on
  • Options
    HachfaceHachface Not the Minister Farrakhan you're thinking of Dammit, Shepard!Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I am not a vegetarian but, judging from their posts, the anti-vegetarians in this thread seem hellbent on convincing me that they only valid argument against vegetarianism is an argument against the very idea of ethical principles. This is what "lol they are just like evangelicals" amounts to: the position that all moral beliefs are basically unfounded and idiosyncratic.

    Hachface on
  • Options
    nstfnstf __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Sneak attack to convert people?

    Uh what?

    When they swap out a meat dish for that nasty tofurky crap, don't tell anybody, and then pronounce "see you couldn't even tell, you can be a vegetarian just like me" and I've had that happen a couple times before.

    Sorry, it doesn't taste the same, and I'm not going convert.
    vegetarians are as bad as any horrible, close minded religion

    They share many of the same qualities yes.

    nstf on
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hachface wrote: »
    I am not a vegetarian but, judging from their posts, the anti-vegetarians in this thread seem hellbent on convincing me that they only valid argument against vegetarianism is an argument against the very idea of ethical principles. This is what "lol they are just like evangelicals" amounts to: the position that all moral beliefs are basically unfounded and idiosyncratic.

    MrMister on
Sign In or Register to comment.