Options

[WoW] [Chat]aclysm: still not here

• Options
    GnutsonGnutson Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    All you need to know is that if you're alliance you're opening up the possibility that a blood elf with Sephiroth's haircut is going to kill you. Of course, being horde means I have to be killed by dudes playing NE chicks, and gnomes.....Alright, it's a wash.

Funny thing, our pally healer is a female playing a Blood Elf male. It's like bizaro world.

Gnutson on
    Erai - Operative <--Imperial Double Agent--> Sniper - Eari
    SW:Tor - Tao - Kryatt Dragon Server
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Probably so she doesn't get hit on. Roll a female toon. It's kind of like living in the 50s, but everyone wants to get in your pants. It's actually kind of sickening seeing that many desperate people. Plus, you usually get stuff for free, a lot.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    bowen wrote: »
    Probably so she doesn't get hit on. Roll a female toon. It's kind of like living in the 50s, but everyone wants to get in your pants. It's actually kind of sickening seeing that many desperate people. Plus, you usually get stuff for free, a lot.

Yeah its kind of funny... oh wait, it isn't funny at all how many people have tried to hit on my wife on vent. Uh dude, you know I'm her husband. I'm right goddamn here.

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

I don't think I've met anyone in game who thought I was actually a woman since 2005 or so.

And I'd be glad to make a male character if they weren't all steroid abusers. Trolls are the only ones who aren't, and actually all my male characters are trolls. Funnily enough, I can't stand the female trolls.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'll tell you what's awesome to me. My wife and I just came back from a break and joined a new guild. Semi casual raiding guild, with 2 and a half 10 man teams and one 25 man team going in ICC right now. They're wonderful people and we fit in perfectly which is great. The crazy thing is, there are about 10 women among the 25ish most active raiders, and most of the officers in the guild are the ladies. My wife loves it because she doesn't feel like the one chick like our last guild, and I just think it's cool to have so many women as officers because i'm used to it being other dudes.

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    Evil WeevilEvil Weevil Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I assume 85% of all females in game are males IRL.

This is a really bad policy if you include WoW.

A lot of women play.

Well, I know a lot of women play, I just assume more often than not that they're guys, just out of practice.

Evil Weevil on
  • Options
    MutilateMutilate Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hell my main and the race I'll always associate myself with ingame is the Forsaken because they seemed like the deepest... Now apparently someone decided that we're arbitrarily evil. Now I know how human players felt when varian came back.

By the way, does anyone remember where those spoilers where in the last thread or a least a keyword to search for. Anything that's easier than clicking through 100 pages would be nice

What spoilers? The one about the Forsaken being evil?
    Blame Sylvanas, she's becoming a hot elf version of Arthas from what leaks were grabbed about Cata lore.

Call it now
    Sylvanas becomes corupted by Deathwing. We have to kill her.
    I assume 85% of all females in game are males IRL.

This is a really bad policy if you include WoW.

A lot of women play.

Well, I know a lot of women play, I just assume more often than not that they're guys, just out of practice.

My wife used to play, while we were dating and would get whispers from guys in the guilds we were in all the time. I would actually log in to her account from time to time and when they whispered me I would play a long for a few minutes and then let them know they were actually talking to me and to be careful because I have access to both accounts. I always thought it was funny.

Mutilate on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

I don't think I've met anyone in game who thought I was actually a woman since 2005 or so.

And I'd be glad to make a male character if they weren't all steroid abusers. Trolls are the only ones who aren't, and actually all my male characters are trolls. Funnily enough, I can't stand the female trolls.

Dwarfs and gnomes are okay. The human males look fine if you're wearing plate... because you'd expect someone wearing plate to be of that stature.

Dwarfs look like potbellied awesome, there's no denying that.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Funnily enough, I can't stand the female trolls.

Because the female trolls are too rigidly upright.

They have Star Trek syndrome - they just look like humans with prosthetics rather than female trolls.

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I'll tell you what's awesome to me. My wife and I just came back from a break and joined a new guild. Semi casual raiding guild, with 2 and a half 10 man teams and one 25 man team going in ICC right now. They're wonderful people and we fit in perfectly which is great. The crazy thing is, there are about 10 women among the 25ish most active raiders, and most of the officers in the guild are the ladies. My wife loves it because she doesn't feel like the one chick like our last guild, and I just think it's cool to have so many women as officers because i'm used to it being other dudes.

Our guild has 2 female officers and a female GM (with 2 male co-gms). I'm the only male officer. I've found that women in MMOs tend to be very passive aggressive, though (at least in my guild), and this irks me a bit. Especially when your GM is like that. Like, we'll have festering issues with someone being a dick and it takes either me or one of the co-gms to actually go "hey we need to deal with this before it goes nuclear, object?" because she just won't.

In fact, the last time it went nuclear was with that other team's raid leader laughing at our team struggling with two of our dps doing 2.5k dps. Ever since the officers pretty much became the GMs... without the power.

bowen on
  • Options
    KenninatorKenninator Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

They have Star Trek syndrome - they just look like humans with prosthetics rather than female trolls.

I remember somebody mentioning to me the female trolls used to actually look like trolls, but I've never seen what they looked like.

Kenninator on
  • Options
    ExistentialSoundandFuryExistentialSoundandFury Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Yeah I remember when a guild mate offered to service my fiancé. Funny thing is that we generally tell each other everything, so I found out and laughed. Then he found out that I knew and that I laughed.

Still friends with guy, but he is fucking terrified of me.

ExistentialSoundandFury on
    399831.jpg
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Kenninator wrote: »

I remember somebody mentioning to me the female trolls used to actually look like trolls, but I've never seen what they looked like.

Google yielded an image.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010

I actually saw the model the other day. They pretty much look the same, but with a bit of a hunchback like the males. Its looks much more normal.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010

Now I wish I was on your server. My guild is currently made of exactly 10 unique people. Three of them are under 16. Two more might as well be. Two more are stoners, in addition to two of the kids. We only have one woman in the guild, our Mage.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

I actually saw the model the other day. They pretty much look the same, but with a bit of a hunchback like the males. Its looks much more normal.

I would kill a man for that change.

Transporter on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Mutilate wrote: »
    My wife used to play, while we were dating and would get whispers from guys in the guilds we were in all the time. I would actually log in to her account from time to time and when they whispered me I would play a long for a few minutes and then let them know they were actually talking to me and to be careful because I have access to both accounts. I always thought it was funny.

Hah, the same thing happened to me. I was herbing on my wife's character before I went to work and this teenaged french guy in our guild started sending whispers. My wife had told me about it before so I just responded:

"Hey, this is her husband. And I can read French."

Man that really took the wind out of his "Hyuk hyuk I can say whatever raunchy things I want because no one will understand me" sails.

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    End wrote: »

Google yielded an image.

That looks pretty awesome, actually.

Why the fuck did they change all these beta models, some of them were amazing, like the humans.

bowen on
  • Options
    MutilateMutilate Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    End wrote: »

Google yielded an image.

That looks pretty awesome, actually.

Why the fuck did they change all these beta models, some of them were amazing, like the humans.

Stupid blocks at work. It could very well be a resources issue. Maybe those older models were heavier than what they wanted in the game? I don't know but thats my guess.

Mutilate on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Old male trolls? Awesome.
    ddd01.jpg

bowen on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Eh, I think they look better now. Old trolls look like the 'new' females.

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Sexual dimorphism

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    It just looks like he's standing up fully. Its part of the basic idle animation...

In fact, it looks pretty much the same but not as touched up.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Makershot wrote: »
    Sexual dimorphism

That would be fine if they looked good. But they don't.

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Old male trolls? Awesome.
    ddd01.jpg

just the head looks like it's been squishied a little bit.

er stretched.

troublebrewing on
  • Options
    drhazarddrhazard Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    http://www.wired.com/underwire/2007/05/sexual_dimorphi/

Goes a little ways towards explaining why they were changed, includes the femcows.

drhazard on
    SCB.jpg
  • Options
    XArchangelXXArchangelX Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I have the green Cobalt +def set waiting for my DK to ding 70. Is +def important pre-Northrend? Had a priest ask what my defense was at in a mana-tombs the other night, just ignored him and we finished fine. I meant to go check wowhead for +def gear before I went to bed but forgot, and it's blocked here at work.

XArchangelX on
    Eve Online is a terrible game, but I used to play, for the lulz!
    Steam
    Only the strong can help the weak.
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    It's not super important pre-Wrath. It's always nice to have def gear, but if you don't, meh.

reVerse on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I had a healer ask me if I was French when we got into the instance the other night.

I'm not entirely sure what they were after, I said no, even though I'm French by heritage. But only as much as I am Native American.

bowen on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Native Americans were French?

reVerse on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    reVerse wrote: »

What?

bowen on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hell my main and the race I'll always associate myself with ingame is the Forsaken because they seemed like the deepest... Now apparently someone decided that we're arbitrarily evil. Now I know how human players felt when varian came back.

By the way, does anyone remember where those spoilers where in the last thread or a least a keyword to search for. Anything that's easier than clicking through 100 pages would be nice

You guys have been using the plague as a weapon since Vanilla. Nothing at all arbitrary about considering the Forsaken outright evil.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

What?

I know, it doesn't make any sense. In all the westerns I've watched, I don't think I've ever seen the indians surrender. They just keep on comin'.

reVerse on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Gotta love those Taren Mills quests; "hey lets poison our human captives because just hanging them isn't evil enough." "Oh hey, there's some Forsaken who aren't totally evil being kept in quarantine by the ruins of Dalaran. Go kill them."

:-p

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Native Americans intermingled with Europeans such as the French more and more frequently as the colonization of NA and SA became more prevalent. That's what he might refer to.

Why would he ask if your French though in a pick up group, im assuming?

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Yeah that's what I was confused with.

I mean, lucky fucking guess that I'm part French but what?

bowen on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    You might have a French name, like Pablo-Pierre.

reVerse on
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Uh... guys.
    Native Americans were actually white people from Jerusalem. I thought this was common knowledge?

And what "old human" textures were mentioned? Did Humans use to look better than before?

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    You might have a French name, like Pablo-Pierre Shareef-Ajbar

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Male humans used to look slightly less bulky, and weren't all hunched-over. Human females were a bit better-proportioned as well.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
This discussion has been closed.