As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Street Fighter: Demon Armageddon, coolest ultra.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I love playing fighting games because i'm not the oldest one in the conversation :P

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    StokedUpStokedUp Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    DarkMecha wrote: »
    Thanks to every I played with tonight for the great fights!

My ass is still sore from the kickings, but the brain is heavier for the knowledge.

Good, knowledge gained is always worthwhile. In case it didn't sink in, though, (when I realized you were trying to learn, I started spamming certain moves over and over to get you used to blocking them)....

Bison's headstomp, you need to stand to block this. You can also simply walk backwards to avoid it if you have the room and have the time.

Bison's psycho crusher, be careful if you don't quick rise. I can do it early and essentially cross you up with it now.

Biz you back on live? We need to street fight.

And i should go and buy a mic this week

StokedUp on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gamertag(SSF4/MW2)StokedAidzzzSC2 ID Stoked.655
    Uploaded SC2 Replays
  • Options
    LuthonLuthon Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hey guys I got a noob question about ryu/ken. Lately when I m playing against the vast hordes of ryu/kens I keep running into this problem, they do wake up shoryuken easy to anticipate and pretty easy to punish but lately I've been running into where they could immediately do another one as soon as I try to punish the first one. Is this lag or can they actually recover in time, I m assuming that they are doing LP shoryuken to do this?

Luthon on
  • Options
    ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Its usually lag. Same reason teching throws online is a pain in the ass.

Valiantheart on
    PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • Options
    T-boltT-bolt Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I just turned 32 last week. D: Old ppl play SF ITT.

BTW, I'm down for PS3 ranbat tonight. Since I'm so old and have so many responsibilities I didn't have time to practice so I'll probably play Rog again so sorry in advance. :P

T-bolt on
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    DarkMecha wrote: »

Yeah I figured it was something like that, though I thought more along the lines of "this works vs him, so I'm going to punish him with it until he can deal".

I caught on about the headstomps but I'm still getting used to reacting to things and was just too slow - I think I'll get that with time.

Psycho crusher psych'd me out - I wasn't sure if I was blocking it wrong or what, it seemed like sometimes my standing block wouldn't work, but maybe that was you crossing me up with it? - does it go over you if you crouch?

Thanks for the tips Biz, your a really great player and I appreciate the games.

I'm not super great. I just have really good reaction time I've been told so it can sometimes cover up the holes in my game.....although I decided for the next few months to go hardcore and work at it.

And yes, if it's someone I don't know, I will do the same thing over and over again if it makes me win..but, like I said, I could tell you were just wanting to learn. There's a difference in "body language" if you believe it between someone wanting to learn and someone being pissed and wanting a rematch.

Anyways..

The psycho crusher was crossing you up, that's all. If you're unsure, watch which direction you fall when you get hit....if you fall to the right, you got hit on the left, etc....
    TheStig wrote: »
    I love playing fighting games because i'm not the oldest one in the conversation :P

31 here, holla. Also very close to deciding if I'm going to Evo as well.....

Hiryu, want to team up and represent if I do?!!!
    StokedUp wrote: »
    Biz you back on live? We need to street fight.

And i should go and buy a mic this week

Yes, I am. I even sent you a WOO! last night, I think, but I was ignored :(.
    Its usually lag. Same reason teching throws online is a pain in the ass.

It's usually either lag or just messing up the timing. I've got hit in offline play by double lp dp's because I assumed he wouldn't do it and went in for a throw :(.

I think, though, that the netcode is pretty damned good s'long as it's green or even yellow.

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    @Biz:

Is there a team tourney? I'm only signed up for SSF4 singles at Evo.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    @Biz:

Is there a team tourney? I'm only signed up for SSF4 singles at Evo.

No idea and my plans aren't hammered down, yet, but I'll know by the end of the week. It's looking good so far, though.

If there is, though.........(we'd need a 3rd).

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    come on duuudes

PM me :(

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LuthonLuthon Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Lol I was playing this B rank chun li player with my C rank adon win the first round and Im about to win the second and all of a sudden all the button inputs in my controller die, like I was literally frozen in block mode from a fire ball 10 feet away. Which was weird cause there was no lag at all and in the 3rd round same thing happend again.

Capcom netcode it needs fixing please!

Luthon on
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    More streaming/capture testing - not really a match at all just me messing around in training mode. Recorded the youtube video while streaming the ustream.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZsFEfs11pQ
    http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/7702837

FuriousJodo on
    FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    k i am so much worse at this game than i ever imagined.

the ammount of scrubs i can beat is like zilch compared to vanilla.

i need to level up something fierce.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    More streaming/capture testing - not really a match at all just me messing around in training mode. Recorded the youtube video while streaming the ustream.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZsFEfs11pQ
    http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/7702837

jealoooous

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    KP! When you're uploading matches, you should probably include player names and character abbreviations in the title too.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Cool deal Biz, glad you didn't think I was rage rematching lol, I was honestly having fun. And I'll watch the crossup on that psycho crusher, try to deal with that better.

In other news I think I'm going to try and dig into some other characters than Ibuki, see how I like them. I still like her alot, but I'm wondering if I'm quite hyper enough of a person to really deal out the crazy pressure that makes her so good.

DarkMecha on
    Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    gonna miss the ranbat tonight, sorry ps3 bros

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    PS3 Ranbat Update

DasUberEdward can't ranbat tonight, so I'll be organizing it in his place. PM me if you want to play and show up on the PAFighting IRC channel by 9pm EST!

T-bolt on
  • Options
    solsovlysolsovly Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Any of you 360people want to play? Join irc

solsovly on
  • Options
    KinderpartyKinderparty Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Late addition... skip to about 1:10 to see a pretty badass counter. I never knew that characters still moved doing ultra/super start ups.
    You actually countered the HP before he canceled into super. I didn't realize the counter has invincibility frames to it...but that might be because it was EX.

Normal parry has it as well. I noticed that I parried the attack prior, I just didn't know that the enemy character still moved during the super/ultra animations. I thought it was freeze frame.

Kinderparty on
  • Options
    solsovlysolsovly Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Do we have any good Adon players around? I need practice against him. I've lost to way too many bad player using him.

solsovly on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    It turns out my boss at work plays a really good Zangief. Good at Gouken and Guile too.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Beat him to get a raise!

Or get lots of work. Depends on how much trash talking you do.

Wearingglasses on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Managed to go 8-11 against him, but I was cycling through characters and discovered that I've got to readjust my joystick again for proper diagonals. The tape keeps wearing out and it gives my Sakura some QCB difficulties, although I hadn't noticed it for weeks while playing Zangief.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    solsovly wrote: »
    Do we have any good Adon players around? I need practice against him. I've lost to way too many bad player using him.

I've got a pretty decent Adon, he's my third as of now. Hit me up online and I'll give you a few rounds.

Grove on
    Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    PS3 06/16/10 ranbat results

The few.. the proud... the 5-man PSN army (well that's who was available) did engage in glorious fighting in the streets tonight. We played a round-robin for seeding, then a single-elimination playoff. Here's the results (with round robin record in italics.)

1. T-bolt (2-2)
    2. SludgeFactory (1-3)
    3. thepassenger (4-0)
    4. Folken Faniel (3-1)
    5. nstf (0-4)

I'd like to thank those who played tonight. I thought the first night went pretty well, & I'd hope PSN going down for maintenance before last week's ranbat won't have a lasting effect on turnout. :/ Shall we try again next week?

T-bolt on
  • Options
    Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Damn those results look almost upside down. Way to go t-bolt and sludge!

Folken Fanel on
    Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Sorry I couldn't make it guys. I found myself involved in some silly things.

Next week i'll be on everyones case to fight in the streets.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    HOW IS IT POSSIBLE THAT TWO PEOPLE WENT 4-0?!

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    One is 4-0 the other is 0-4.

FuriousJodo on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Shut up Jodo.

On a totally unrelated note, it's pretty hard to play this drunk.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Couldn't make it either, maybe next week.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    If you remember that match vs Guy I had a while back? Yeah, I was completely smashed during that one. I don't even remember playing the match.

I'm awesome btw.

edit: found it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujgseEFhCNU

FuriousJodo on
  • Options
    DesertChickenDesertChicken Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm still interested in PS3 Ranbats, I'm just moving these 2 weeks. I'll be back when my internet is back up.

DesertChicken on
    PSN/XBLA/SteamID- DesertChicken
    LoL - Renon DeSaxous
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    guys i'll be home in about 8 hours, if anyone is availble for some training sessions i'd be glad to accept.

need to get better at this game.

oh wait i should probably get aheadset first.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    8 hours? Are you on the 360? I'll be around then if you are.

blaze_zero on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    sorry i am in the barren wastelands of the PSdrei

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    nstfnstf __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    T-bolt wrote: »
    PS3 06/16/10 ranbat results

The few.. the proud... the 5-man PSN army (well that's who was available) did engage in glorious fighting in the streets tonight. We played a round-robin for seeding, then a single-elimination playoff. Here's the results (with round robin record in italics.)

1. T-bolt (2-2)
    2. SludgeFactory (1-3)
    3. thepassenger (4-0)
    4. Folken Faniel (3-1)
    5. nstf (0-4)

I'd like to thank those who played tonight. I thought the first night went pretty well, & I'd hope PSN going down for maintenance before last week's ranbat won't have a lasting effect on turnout. :/ Shall we try again next week?

Yep I'll be up for next week. My results vs folken and t-bolt were nail bitters. I think it was vs T-bolt that it was down to a hair all the time.

Oddly enough, though I had redbars vs 2 people, it was fine. I had a "good" connection from the game vs the passenger, and then it lagged the fuck out for the first 30 seconds of each match forcing us to fight in jello.

So mental note, those bars don't mean jack shit. Had some goofy lag vs sludge, I didn't even have a bar, but it was nothing of nightmare senarios, and again, better then my good connection with passenger.

I'll be online tonight at 6 EST, need to play more.

nstf on
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So Blanka hate appears to be universal. I was in tournament mode last night and as soon as my match started I was greeted with groans. Some of these guys were good players, too. One Viper combo'd into his ultra II on me; it was beautiful. Then he complained about my ambiguous ultra and I laughed.

I lost in the finals to a pretty good Abel via double KO. He reaction was 'well, at least he didn't win.'

Someone with artisitic talent need to draw a picture for me of Blanka strutting down a neon lit street in a purple pimp suit, complete with hat and cane, wearing a gigantic necklace that says 'haters gonna hate.'

chamberlain on
  • Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    No one will draw that because no one likes Blanka.

blaze_zero on
  • Options
    aBlankaBlank Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Some of these guys were good players, too. One Viper combo'd into his ultra II on me

Good viper players don't choose ultra 2.

!!!!!!!!!

Also, Blanka sucks.

aBlank on