As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[360] Battlestations Midway Multiplayer Demo

Posts

  • NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    No. I noticed it was coming to the 360, so I was hoping for a Demo there soon.

    NailbunnyPD on
    XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • KwornKworn Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I think this game has promise.

    Sounds like the demo will be quite beefy.

    Kworn on
  • NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Silly me, this is the 360 demo. I guess I'll be trying it tonight.

    NailbunnyPD on
    XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    This is the first I've heard of this game. I checked out the website and the media/videos and holy shit it looks amazing! I can imagine some awesome online battles (up to eight players, too, and with co-op). From what I can tell, it's an RTS where you can directly control any unit, from submarines to battleships to planes. I'll be picking this up for the PC on the 30th.

    Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Downloadin'.

    Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • YallYall Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Is the demo multi or single player on the 360?

    Yall on
  • NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    From what I can tell, MP.

    NailbunnyPD on
    XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • TxdoHawkTxdoHawk Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Not really my thing as far as gameplay goes, but the few impressions I've heard have all been good, so I'll give it a shot tonight.

    TxdoHawk on
    TuxedoHawk.png
  • etoychestetoychest Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    After all the allegations and controversy surrounding this game, here's hoping it's good.

    etoychest on
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    What's the controversy?


    I only started paying attention to this game last weekend or so.

    Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • etoychestetoychest Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    WHY wrote:
    What's the controversy?


    I only started paying attention to this game last weekend or so.

    Hungarian Developers Accuse SCi Of Theft

    Breaking: SCi Denies Theft Reports On Battlestations: Midway

    etoychest on
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    wow....


    Anyway, after finally "getting it", I've taken quite a liking to it.

    The aircraft controls didn't quite come to me right away, but it's suprisingly easy to get used to commanding an entire air-group plus your individual carrier. Once I got the hang of it, I was taking down battleships pretty much on my lonesome.

    Also, dive-bombers are awesome.

    The ships are neat in their own respect. Battleships and cruisers are mostly the same, they both carry the big guns, but the cruisers are a bit faster on the reload and in actual speed. Destroyers are the more flexible kinds of ships; they have the standard Artillery/AAA guns, as well as torpedo launchers (which the japanese BB seems to have as well) and depth-charges.


    The one thing I haven't gotten to try yet have been Submarines. I don't know if they launch from a specific kind of base, or if there's some control I'm missing.

    The downside? It keeps freaking freezing.

    Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    WHY wrote:
    wow....


    Anyway, after finally "getting it", I've taken quite a liking to it.

    The aircraft controls didn't quite come to me right away, but it's suprisingly easy to get used to commanding an entire air-group plus your individual carrier. Once I got the hang of it, I was taking down battleships pretty much on my lonesome.

    Also, dive-bombers are awesome.

    The ships are neat in their own respect. Battleships and cruisers are mostly the same, they both carry the big guns, but the cruisers are a bit faster on the reload and in actual speed. Destroyers are the more flexible kinds of ships; they have the standard Artillery/AAA guns, as well as torpedo launchers (which the japanese BB seems to have as well) and depth-charges.


    The one thing I haven't gotten to try yet have been Submarines. I don't know if they launch from a specific kind of base, or if there's some control I'm missing.

    The downside? It keeps freaking freezing.

    So it doesn't play like an RTS, does it? I know you can control any ship, but how does it play (interface, etc)? Also, any idea how it might play on the PC? I don't have my 360 here on campus, so I'd like to pick it up on the PC.

    Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    No, it's pretty much an action game.

    Airplanes are pretty much like Crimson Skies.

    Ships, I really don't have an apt comparison for, save maybe the old Xbox Pirates of the Carribean game.

    Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • EvigilantEvigilant VARegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    When you select what you want to be, if you scroll to the right with the left-analog stick you can see what is available to that selection.

    Only one port can launch the submarines.

    And I realized that only the quick match feature actually freeze's the game. If you go to custom match then select a game there, you can play without it freezing...though you will still get disconnected from time to time.

    It's a pretty neat game, I'll most likely be picking it up. The weirdest part of the game is playing with German players who scream: "german german german, Deustchland!"

    Evigilant on
    XBL\PSN\Steam\Origin: Evigilant
  • xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Hey, I think we shot each other up for a while Evigilant.

    I also shot up some guy named PA Crypt, who beat me but I was the only guy on my team who stuck around. :(

    xzzy on
  • WezoinWezoin Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Dudes, I found out my little brother's friend's dad's brother is Major Nelson.

    It was so weird, cause he came over and he saw me playing on my 360 and was all "Haha, my brothers the community manager for Xbox Live."

    Thats what major nelson is, right? Community Manager?

    Wezoin on
  • epburnepburn Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Wezoin wrote:
    Dudes, I found out my little brother's friend's dad's brother is Major Nelson.

    It was so weird, cause he came over and he saw me playing on my 360 and was all "Haha, my brothers the community manager for Xbox Live."

    Thats what major nelson is, right? Community Manager?

    I hear that makes you two absolutely nothing.

    It had to be done. Thanks Mel Brooks.

    epburn on
  • EvigilantEvigilant VARegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    xzzy wrote:
    Hey, I think we shot each other up for a while Evigilant.

    I also shot up some guy named PA Crypt, who beat me but I was the only guy on my team who stuck around. :(

    Now that you mention it, we did.

    Yeah Crypt was playing as well, I was showing him the ropes. I hate it when people quit from the game because they started losing. Every game I've been in, the moment one of the air craft carriers goes down, people start dropping.

    Evigilant on
    XBL\PSN\Steam\Origin: Evigilant
  • DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Man, I want to play with you guys, but all I can get it on is the PC. Hopefully they have a demo for that come out soon. At least I can look forward to mods (maybe).

    Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Guardian LegendGuardian Legend Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Has anyone figured out how to give units to a teammate, yet? Tutorial tip says it can be done, but dunno how.

    I like this game but I'm not sure if the game will sell well. On one hand, it has that "Hey history channel fans, play this!" aspect to it, which is good. On the other, bomb dropping seems like it would be too hard for your casual gamer. The flight sim genre died for alotta reasons, one of them being that your average Joe couldn't really play them. Players can always let the AI control stuff they're not comfortable with, but that could leave the player with very limited things to do...

    Still, I do hope this game does well, if only to launch a new genre of games. Imagine a Star Wars game like this. That'd rock!

    Guardian Legend on
Sign In or Register to comment.