Options

The Booth Babe Policy

13»

Posts

  • Options
    ACTION JAREDACTION JARED Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm not a prude or anything, I don't have a real problem with booth babes, but for PAX a lot of the appeal to me is authenticity. I know that it's a venue for marketing but I don't want to be walking into a fucking advertisement assault, and booth babes seem like a huuuuge step in that direction.

    The big thing for me is that it'll change the tone of being on the show floor, and make the show seem much more like E3 or something.

    ACTION JARED on
  • Options
    Raziel078Raziel078 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    my opinion on the subject

    I think it should be an iron clad policy, if the scantily clad rep can't talk about the game; and I mean tell me who the character they are dressed as is, their backstory, game mechanics, genre, systems, and release date. They get booted, or maybe instead of booted they have the choice, robe of shame or the boot. And any booth with said " fail babe" must pay a fine. Preferably in the form of merch for attendees. Never gonna happen but awesome.

    Raziel078 on
    I would like to put something clever and about me but I fear my company will find it
  • Options
    kevbayerkevbayer Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    What's the need for booth babes? PAXEast was my first, and there were plenty of attractive females working some of the booths that were actual employees of the business represented: devs, community managers, even interns, etc.

    I don't mind booth babes if they know their product. I can see having costumed characters at your booth to help promote a product (male or female), and would actually consider that kind of awesome (though fan cosplay is always more fun). But I don't think having booth babes "just because" is the right reason. There are plenty of girl geeks/girl gamers that don't need that draw to get them to the booths.

    kevbayer on
    Find me at:
    My book reviews, twitter, FB.
  • Options
    bbqninjabbqninja Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    always booth babes, never booth hunks, for the girl gamers and the gamers of a certain persuasion, we want eye candy too! but it shall not happen in my lifetime it seems.

    bbqninja on
  • Options
    JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Taken

    Honestly, I have no problem either way. I rarely spend anytime on the expo floor whenever I got to PAX, so I mostly never see some of these horror stories I've been reading about. I'm pretty much with everyone who is saying they don't mind as long as they know the game.

    I'm a very social guy, so I like talking to people and meeting new people whenever I'm at PAX. Most of the time in talking with the reps, they've all been very nice and the majority I've been interacting with have known at least something about the game, and did a pretty good job of at least feigning interest in being at the show. Frankly, they could have been naked, and I would have still remembered their personalities more.

    But I have encountered ones that don't know anything, and are ust there for the paycheck, and to me...that shows that the dev's don't care about what we think, they just want our money, and I'm not going to give the little money I have to someone who doesn't care about they're customers.

    Also, speaking as a heterosexual male, I'm all for Booth Studs as well, as long as they know what they are talking about. I honestly think if we had more of those, then the booth babe issue would be diminished some.

    JonnyNero on
  • Options
    kidbakudankidbakudan Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    It's funny because at first when I saw the booth babe policy, I tried to rationalize it as an issue of family reasoning. I have only been to one PAX, and plan on going this year as well. I did however, see a good amount of children there, and thought that young eyes might be the purpose of the policy. So Imagine my surprise when reading through the posts and finding everything BUT that reason.

    I love Cosplay! I have never done it before, but I love the idea of people dressing up as characters from our favorite games. People go to PAX for all sorts of different reasons. The games, The musical acts,trying to seduce Wil Wheaton. I personally look forward to the costumes the most. If there is a booth babe in front of a game I have no interest in, I will indeed look in that direction. No I do not expect her to know about that game. Just like I am not going to expect a card board cut out of solid snake to tell me how cool MGS4 is. These women are set pieces, not an insult to our intelligence. they are about as transparent a marketing scheme as a full sized Master Chief. They are cool, you might want your picture taken with them, but you are not gonna buy something based solely on whats standing in front of the booth.

    Nudity is not ok, Scantily clad women are.
    Bikinis are a bit cheesy, but they aren't hurting anybody.
    Now lets all put on our big boy pants and not kick the girls out of the club.

    kidbakudan on
    kidbakudan.gif
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    kidbakudan wrote: »
    It's funny because at first when I saw the booth babe policy, I tried to rationalize it as an issue of family reasoning. I have only been to one PAX, and plan on going this year as well. I did however, see a good amount of children there, and thought that young eyes might be the purpose of the policy. So Imagine my surprise when reading through the posts and finding everything BUT that reason.

    I love Cosplay! I have never done it before, but I love the idea of people dressing up as characters from our favorite games. People go to PAX for all sorts of different reasons. The games, The musical acts,trying to seduce Wil Wheaton. I personally look forward to the costumes the most. If there is a booth babe in front of a game I have no interest in, I will indeed look in that direction. No I do not expect her to know about that game. Just like I am not going to expect a card board cut out of solid snake to tell me how cool MGS4 is. These women are set pieces, not an insult to our intelligence. they are about as transparent a marketing scheme as a full sized Master Chief. They are cool, you might want your picture taken with them, but you are not gonna buy something based solely on whats standing in front of the booth.

    Nudity is not ok, Scantily clad women are.
    Bikinis are a bit cheesy, but they aren't hurting anybody.
    Now lets all put on our big boy pants and not kick the girls out of the club.

    I think the problem is that the types of booth babes we object to aren't part of the club, and they're offensive to some of the people in the club. It's the idea behind it: stick a pretty girl in front of those nerdy gamer guys, and they'll buy anything. It's demeaning to the women in this situation, as they are treated entirely as objects, used for their looks only. It's insulting to the men in this situation, assuming that they can be so easily manipulated by a pair of tits. It's offensive to the female show-goers, to see that the companies peddling the products they enjoy have no consideration for their female customers.

    This is the situation we want to avoid. Which is why, so long as this trend is bucked, things will be fine. No TnA just for the sake of TnA, costumes that are thematically appropriate to the product, and everyone hired to represent the game is knowledgeable about the game.

    Houn on
  • Options
    BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    kidbakudan wrote: »
    Nudity is not ok, Scantily clad women are.
    Bikinis are a bit cheesy, but they aren't hurting anybody.
    Now lets all put on our big boy pants and not kick the girls out of the club.

    See thats the thing. Half naked girls that are only there for a paycheck aren't IN the club. But having them there drives off many of the girls that actually ARE.

    Edit: Doh, thats what I get for skipping ahead. I just wrote basically what houn did only less in depth >.<

    BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    It's cool. I tend to get wordy. Summation is appreciated. ;-)

    Houn on
  • Options
    DewinDewin Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm not a frequent poster here (but I do attend PAX, and that's all that really matters, right?), but I thought I'd add my two cents/gil/credits/macaroons to this discussion:

    As long as the staff of a given booth are knowledgeable about what they're promoting (and I mean serious, in-depth knowledge, not a 2 hour crash course), I don't care how they're dressed (with the obvious exceptions -- parading around in nothing but underwear is still a bit much.).

    This means I should be able to have a conversation with them about their character, the game, it's mechanics, etc, beyond "Superultramegagame III is an RPG set in the world of Foofruu that will be out for 360 some time next year." In short, if I can't hold the same level of conversation with them as I could with any other developer/marketing rep/etc in that booth, then no, they shouldn't be there.

    I saw a post suggesting to allow people with the restriction they're on the company's regular payroll. I disagree here, because I happen to know of one exception to this: At the Street Fighter booth in PAX '09, my wife talked to two cosplayers who were both huge fans of the game and essentially managed to get hired on to help, but aren't otherwise associated with the company. I don't see a problem with this -- I mean, hiring fans of your game to promote it is an awesome way to reward them.

    Dewin on
  • Options
    feitocomfrutafeitocomfruta Denver, Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I have a few more solid points that I noticed and came up with after reading through this thread again.

    1) Cosplay vs "booth babe": Instead of hiring models from modeling agencies, whose sole purpose is to flaunt themselves to attract attention, I think we should encourage developers to hire actual actors. I think it would be really awesome to see a dude dressed up as Professor Layton handing out flyers and stuff if he was not just in character, but IN UNIVERSE. In other words, you ask a question about what his favorite tea blend is, and he can give you the exact measurements and the address of his favorite London tea shop.

    2) Developers in Cosplay: If we say "developers are only allowed to wear company clothing and look professional", then I believe we are telling them not to be excieted and a rabid fanboy or fangirl of the game or the product. Think of it this way; you worked on this new RPG for 3 or 4 years, straight out of college, and have seen your idea through from beginning to end. Wouldn't YOU be geeking out at the first gaming convention you can show off your finished product? Of course you would. If your way of expressing that excitement is dressing up as your favorite character, who are we to say you can't?

    3) Interacting with Booth Babes: The comment earlier that was along the lines of "call them a whore and they'll leave you alone" really bothered me. We are gamers, and we want the world to see us and take us seriously. Hell, Gabe and Tycho were in Time Magazine as two of the World's Most Influential People this year! We are starting to be seen as more than just acne-ridden fatties who live with their parents until they are 45, but rather as a diverse population of people who enjoy video games. Calling booth babes 'whores' is not something we want to have people know us for. I can tell you from the standpoint of a sales associate that it is frustrating to say hello and greet people and sell the product when people just ignore you and treat you and your product as an afterthought. I would prefer to have a customer say hello back and say they are just looking around for now, because then it acknowledges me as a person. Wheaton's Law, plain and simple.

    feitocomfruta on
  • Options
    iscribbleiscribble Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    The survey is over- What were the results??
    Even if full results are not going to be revealed, I'd really like to hear something (anything) official even if it's that no policy changes will be made.

    On a related note, I am craving PAX updates! It would bring me so much joy to see "3 months to go! More updates soon!" on the main page tomorrow.

    iscribble on
  • Options
    proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    proXimity wrote: »
    Things we’re going to formally message in our “booth babe” policy:
    Rep needs to be trained/educated about the product (81%)
    Anything that is considered “partial nudity” is banned (43%)
    However, cosplayed characters are allowed to wear revealing outfits, assuming it is true to the source game (68%)
    No messaging that specifically calls out body parts (47%)

    I think this is damn fine, indeed. Kudos, Khoo.

    Houn on
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Yes, this is great news. I was pretty bothered by the ones I saw at PaxEast.

    Frag girls trying to seem like they aren't booth babes when all they did was bother us while we tried to play their sponsors demo, and didn't know a thing about it and never played the demo was really skeevy.

    DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KnaraKnara Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    "Partial Nudity" is still too subjective.

    Granted, they could be nude, IMO, so long as they know the product they're promoting. So perhaps I'm too far on the end of the bell curve to matter.

    But "partial nudity" means a lot of different things to a lot of different people. I can see some issues popping up due to the vagueness of the wording. (And, to pre-empt someone's reply with near certainty, "tasteful" is also very subjective)

    It's sad that we're so weirded out about even hints at sexuality in our culture that we're having this conversation at all, IMO.

    Knara on
  • Options
    SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Yeah but I believe there is some truth in stating that most companies that use "booth babes" are doing it to promote their product through sex... they're targeting a male market they know what they're doing. If they really cared about promoting their product with brains and facts, they'd put a guy/non suggestive girl there who knows what they're talking about...

    Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I dont think there will be any confusion. If thats what the booth babe policy will be, then expect to see either a lot of cosplaying, or basically no booth babe at all. But the fact the rep needs to know about the product IMO is enough for me to be happy with anything.

    parabola on
  • Options
    KnaraKnara Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Serenity wrote: »
    Yeah but I believe there is some truth in stating that most companies that use "booth babes" are doing it to promote their product through sex... they're targeting a male market they know what they're doing. If they really cared about promoting their product with brains and facts, they'd put a guy/non suggestive girl there who knows what they're talking about...

    Yeah, but that's kinda my point in my last sentence. That is, in our culture it's okay to promote your product any number of non-sterile, stale, simply factual ways (i.e. those ridiculous infomercials where they portray people as uncoordinated, brainless morons in order to make their gadgets seem more useful than they actually are in real life), but don't you dare hire attractive people to stand near/present it, because everyone goes bonkers.

    But, we're drifting off-topic. Just bugs me, is all.

    Knara on
  • Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Things we’re going to formally message in our “booth babe” policy:
    Rep needs to be trained/educated about the product (81%)
    Anything that is considered “partial nudity” is banned (43%)
    However, cosplayed characters are allowed to wear revealing outfits, assuming it is true to the source game (68%)
    No messaging that specifically calls out body parts (47%)

    I think this is the perfect policy.
    Booth babes that are cosplaying characters true to the source game add to the experience of an exhibition for me.
    The other kinds of booth babes don't.

    Djiem on
  • Options
    AmasonKAmasonK Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I've gone to the past five PAXs...the day I show up to PAX and I think I took a wrong turn and ended up at a Hot Import Nights con...I'm done.

    I take offense to booth babes because it is absolutely an insult to our ( the customer ) intelligence to believe that sex will sell their product. To me, using sex to sell any product besides a product used during sex is a last ditch effort by a marketing campaign that lacks the intelligence and/or creativity to captivate the desired demographic. I really would prefer not to show up to PAX and feel like I'm in a real life early morning infomercial style marketing scheme.

    No, my 8-bit does not need to be bigger.

    AmasonK on
    "Women are like Voltron, the more you hook up...the better it gets." -- Tucker RvB
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Someone should edit the OP and say that the poll is completed and post the results then people can comment on that :P

    BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    AmasonK, there is a disturbing incongruity between the content of your post and your signature. For reasons I am still trying to determine.

    MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    AmasonKAmasonK Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I wasn't aware that a humorous quote from a machinima series dictated a person's mentality...forgive me.

    AmasonK on
    "Women are like Voltron, the more you hook up...the better it gets." -- Tucker RvB
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I would like to know what the definition of "partial nudity" will be.

    Just for reference.

    MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    feitocomfrutafeitocomfruta Denver, Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    No dicks, tits, cl*ts, or ass showing. That's my guess. (And yes I know that part of the female anatomy isn't on the outside, but you know my point.)

    feitocomfruta on
  • Options
    HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Of course, Kotaku posted about the "ban." Nice to see some very misinformed people in the comments, as usual.

    http://kotaku.com/5556347/results-are-in-on-paxs-booth-babe-ban-poll
    Let these hot, yet non-gamer girls have a job, nerds.

    Apparently I'm wrong for not wanting non-gamer girls at MY convention. Silly me, then.

    Heleor on
  • Options
    MasterHeliosMasterHelios Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Heleor wrote: »
    Of course, Kotaku posted about the "ban." Nice to see some very misinformed people in the comments, as usual.

    http://kotaku.com/5556347/results-are-in-on-paxs-booth-babe-ban-poll
    Let these hot, yet non-gamer girls have a job, nerds.

    Apparently I'm wrong for not wanting non-gamer girls at MY convention. Silly me, then.

    First comment:

    "these conventions are attended by the same demographic that produces images of furries being inflated and yaoi Final Fantasy 7 fanfics."

    I don't know whether to :lol: or D:

    MasterHelios on
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    お前はもう
    死んでいる
  • Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Oh god, the comments to this article... the comments...

    Djiem on
  • Options
    bubblegumnexbubblegumnex Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Dunno if this was mentioned but, at PAX 08, there was a girl at the Stardock booth dressed up as the an Advent character. That was awesome.


    Also during the same year, I saw a booth girl walking around in a tight top and booty shorts. That wasn't as awesome.

    As for the comments on Kotaku? Just ignore them. Most of the time comments on blogs don't mean anything.

    bubblegumnex on
    <@zerzhul&gt; bubblegumnex: you were so very fucked up
    <@zerzhul&gt; you win at twdt
  • Options
    BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Things we’re going to formally message in our “booth babe” policy:
    Rep needs to be trained/educated about the product (81%)
    Anything that is considered “partial nudity” is banned (43%)
    However, cosplayed characters are allowed to wear revealing outfits, assuming it is true to the source game (68%)
    No messaging that specifically calls out body parts (47%)

    This, to me, is still extremely vague....

    The only thing it "bans" is partial nudity. Which can easily be argued to allow anything down to a bikini. There is also no real way to regulate what "training/education" is. Is a booth babe that memorizes the paragraph on the back of the box "educated" in the game?


    How does this help anything?

    BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • Options
    MasterHeliosMasterHelios Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I think this is a case for that quote from Justice Stewart, "I know it when I see it." We have brains. We know when someone's just a booth babe and when they're a legitimate representative of the product. We don't need to go and start measuring visible skin, all we need to do is ban them categorically and let logic take over.

    Simply state that if there's someone at a booth who is purely there to attract attention via sex appeal--man or woman, cosplaying or not--and they are unable to give any useful or interesting information about the product, they shouldn't be there. Easy.

    MasterHelios on
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    お前はもう
    死んでいる
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I think this is a case for that quote from Justice Stewart, "I know it when I see it." We have brains. We know when someone's just a booth babe and when they're a legitimate representative of the product. We don't need to go and start measuring visible skin, all we need to do is ban them categorically and let logic take over.

    Simply state that if there's someone at a booth who is purely there to attract attention via sex appeal--man or woman, cosplaying or not--and they are unable to give any useful or interesting information about the product, they shouldn't be there. Easy.


    I would happily volunteer to do that job........ for the good of the community.

    >.>

    <.<

    Yes..... the community. :winky:

    MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    There are enough scantily clad gaming characters that this pleases me :P

    BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    polencepolence Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I came from Asia, and booth babes there do dress up sexy. Usually hot pants and bikini tops are the skimpiest I've seen. However many of them just wear something sexy, but not sulty, things like tight body suits or tiny midtriff tops. Anywho, I'm all for sexy booth babes. Since this is a gaming con, more often than not, a lot of female game characters do dress up quite sexy, although I do expect promo girls to be well knowledgable about the company and/or product they are endorsing, not just some sexy girl wearing some skimpy outfit or costume. The good thing about gaming cons is that, usually most men are quite gentlemanly, and keep their hands inside their pockets, comparatively than most cons out there with sexy booth babes. So why not? Sexy but PG13 whole some clothing are quite fine IMHO, and not stripper clothes.^_~

    polence on
  • Options
    atiariatiari Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Things we’re going to formally message in our “booth babe” policy:
    Rep needs to be trained/educated about the product (81%)
    Anything that is considered “partial nudity” is banned (43%)
    However, cosplayed characters are allowed to wear revealing outfits, assuming it is true to the source game (68%)
    No messaging that specifically calls out body parts (47%)

    This, to me, is still extremely vague....

    The only thing it "bans" is partial nudity. Which can easily be argued to allow anything down to a bikini. There is also no real way to regulate what "training/education" is. Is a booth babe that memorizes the paragraph on the back of the box "educated" in the game?


    How does this help anything?

    At PAX 08, much as someone said earlier, there was a dev for Sins of the Solar Empire decked out in full costume. She actually worked on the game and could answer any question that I came up with. Move over to the Nokia booth that had 4 women I could call booth babes there. They were wearing almost nothing, and knew nothing about their games. One even tried to get me to visit the booth by saying there were more hot girls and games over at the booth (she was a good 100 feet or so away from the booth). I took that as a cue to move away, quickly.

    So I'm saying that a paragraph isn't adequate. If they cannot answer 80% of the questions you throw at them (I'm sure the Enforcers or someone else appointed by PA Inc could take a few minutes to grill them
    ), they should not be allowed in. Does this make more work for setting up the show? Absolutely. But will it help keep the wishes of the attendees of the show? Without a doubt.

    atiari on
  • Options
    LimondLimond Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Things we’re going to formally message in our “booth babe” policy:
    Rep needs to be trained/educated about the product (81%)
    Anything that is considered “partial nudity” is banned (43%)
    However, cosplayed characters are allowed to wear revealing outfits, assuming it is true to the source game (68%)
    No messaging that specifically calls out body parts (47%)

    This, to me, is still extremely vague....

    The only thing it "bans" is partial nudity. Which can easily be argued to allow anything down to a bikini. There is also no real way to regulate what "training/education" is. Is a booth babe that memorizes the paragraph on the back of the box "educated" in the game?


    How does this help anything?

    Partial nudity refers to less than full nudity, with parts of the body covered in some manner. The term partial nudity is sometimes used to refer to exposure of skin beyond what the person using the expression considers to be within the limits of modesty. If the exposure is within the standards of modesty of a given culture and setting (e.g. wearing a bikini at a non-nude beach), terms such as nudity, partial or otherwise, are not normally used. If however, the degree of exposure exceeds the cultural norms of the setting, or if the activity or setting includes nudity as an understood part of its function, such as a nude beach, terminology relating to nudity and degrees thereof are typically used. Toplessness is regarded by most people as partial nudity.

    Straight from wikipedia. The gaming culture and PAX setting therefore do not hold much arrangement that it is an appropriate setting for a bikini.

    I know nothing about how convention setting up goes, but I can't imagine it being to difficult for a few enforcers to go around and question the knowledge people have on the game/product itself. If they can not hold a basic conversation about the question, they'll be asked not to return the next day (or year etc.)

    Limond on
    One clip, one kill.

    I am a monster truck that walks like a man.
  • Options
    Mad_Scientist_WorkingMad_Scientist_Working Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

    That ever-so-popular L4D Witch cosplay would sure as shit fall under "scantily clad". I was pretty shocked when I first saw it. But never did it cross my mind that she shouldn't have been allowed to do it.
    It depends. Are we talking about the infamous L4D Witch that a significant number of people I ran across though she was insane or are we talking about in general. It was the reverse scenario of the booth babes actually in that if you didn't know what video game she was referencing you could legitimatly be scared.
    For the life of me I can't reconcile some of the points of view expressed on this thread with the content of the Penny Arcade site. This site routinely publishes content that many people, including some of the same types of people posting in this thread, would find offensive.

    How can you be offended by a girl in a bikini but not be offended by a giant scrotum and an exploding penis, both of which have been featured on Penny Arcade? To me this seems like a hypocritical double standard that doesn't make sense.

    I'm sorry, but I am not going to allow the PAX founders the luxury of pretending to take the moral high road on this issue after reading their panel about masturbating to the "vaginas of the sea".
    Because if I want to look at breasts I can go to my local strip club. Its so much cheaper than having to go to a video game convention.
    Pax isn't a trade show? See all those manufacturers promoting their products? That's a trade show.
    Using Batty's idiotic logic the fact that there were dozens and dozens of manufactures promoting their products means that my conference where I gave a talk on chemistry and science was nothing more than a trade show.

    Mad_Scientist_Working on
  • Options
    Spokane_SnowManSpokane_SnowMan Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    This thread and poll was retarded... The fact is booth babes are already restricted to their attire by the same legal guidelines everyone else in the world is...

    All of you go swimming or to the beach and see women wearing bikinis. So what the heck is the problem with that elsewhere?

    The whole part of knowing the product is ridiculous as well. Many people are hired simply to stand around and hand out game demos, or stickers, or flyers. They literally come in the day of the convention with no knowledge about anything, and that isn't/shouldn't be an issue.

    To try and nit pick and put constraints on the companies showing off products at PAX can only leave a sour impression amongst those businesses that can lead to them not returning or bothering. It should be made EASIER for these companies to arrive and continue to expand PAX, not more restrictive.

    Frankly some people just need to grow up.

    Spokane_SnowMan on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited June 2010
    Since this thread seems to be denigrating I'll be locking it now. Thanks for voting, everybody.

    Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

This discussion has been closed.